PDA

View Full Version : Beast Wars ID help

Starscream77
20th November 2012, 07:20 AM
Hey guys, bought a bag of beast wars at the flea market but as i have never watched it need help identifying them.
Just bought them to save them from the bin

i_amtrunks
20th November 2012, 07:38 AM
Top (left to right)
Transmetal rattrap, (I think there is another figure above Depth Charge, but cannot tell who)
2nd row:
Purple Spider is Transmetal Tarantulas, Silver, blue Purple large figure is Depth Charge, Red guy is Inferno.
3rd row:
Yellow cat is Cheetor, little guy with orange claw is Quickstrike, black spider is regular Tarantulas, bird is Transmetal 2 Prowl.
4th row:
Orange figure is transmetal 2 Cheetor, blue and tan figure is transmetal Optimus Primal, Green and yellow figure is Waspinator.

Also looks like you have a fair few bits and needed pieces in the ziplock bag as well.

Not a bad lot, you got a good mix of Show characters from the 3 seasons, only Prowl is not a regular cast member.

Starscream77
20th November 2012, 08:03 AM
Cheers mate

What do you think the lot is worth ? Didnt pay a huge amount so will probably resell here at a bargain but dont want to put dumb prices on them

KalEl
20th November 2012, 09:08 AM
Cheers mate

What do you think the lot is worth ? Didnt pay a huge amount so will probably resell here at a bargain but dont want to put dumb prices on them

nice! yell out when you decise on prices :P

Starscream77
20th November 2012, 09:26 AM
I guess I will just look on evil bay and half the price, is that fair?

Verno
20th November 2012, 09:31 AM
Post up a picture of all the accessories in the bag and I'll tell you who is complete and who needs what pieces etc.

As for prices (if complete and in good condition):

TM Rattrap - $20
TM Depth Charge - $50
Original Inferno - $40
TM Cheetor - $20
TM Tarantulas - $25
Fuzor Quickstrike - $20
TM2 Cheetor - $25
TM Optimus Primal- $40
Original Tarantulas - $30
TM2 Prowl - $20
Original Waspinator - $30

Rough price guide there for you.

But yeah, get the pic of the pieces up.

i_amtrunks
20th November 2012, 10:09 AM
Post up a picture of all the accessories in the bag and I'll tell you who is complete and who needs what pieces etc.

As for prices (if complete and in good condition):

TM Rattrap - $20
TM Depth Charge - $50
Original Inferno - $40
TM Cheetor - $20
TM Tarantulas - $25
Fuzor Quickstrike - $20
TM2 Cheetor - $25
TM Optimus Primal- $40
Original Tarantulas - $30
TM2 Prowl - $20
Original Waspinator - $30

Rough price guide there for you.

But yeah, get the pic of the pieces up.

All fair prices if complete, from that picture all but Inferno look pretty good and mostly complete. Depth Charge's tail/sword is definitely in the bag so only his gun/drone and missiles and discs to find.

You can always try tfu.info for guides as well, but Verno is the BW expert here, so if he cannot identify it, it isn't BW related.

Starscream77
20th November 2012, 11:01 AM
Thanks heaps guys
Verno I will take pics tonight and put up in morning

Starscream77
21st November 2012, 07:23 AM
Hey Verno
Took photos of all the loose bits and some more closer pics of the figures.
Really appreciate your help with this as i have no idea on BWs.
(also there were a bunch of small discs that were not in the photo)

Verno
21st November 2012, 07:54 AM
I really miss this part of Collecting. There was nothing as fun as matching up incomplete figures with pieces.

Ok, here we go.

5th Picture:

TM Tarantulas - One of his spider legs is in Picture 4, and his weapon (which looks like a Pizza-Cutter) is in picture 1. With those he should be complete.

Fuzors Quickstrike - His Snake Arm is in Picture 2. And so long as he has both parts of each foot and the scorpion face that pivots around his robot groin-area, he's complete.

6th Picture:

TM Cheetor - He's meant to come with a blue Tail/Axe but I can't see it in the pictures anywhere sadly.

Original Inferno - He's got pieces everywhere. In Picture 1, there are two z-shaped black insect legs to are his. And there is a long black missile (next to an orange gun in the pic) that is also his. And also in Picture 1 is a grey launcher with a red trigger on it (next to Tarantulas' pizza cutter) which is Inferno's too. In Picture 2, there is another long black missile (crossing over a grey wing) which is the 2nd of Inferno's missiles. Also in Pic 2 is a big red and grey mouth piece with black antenna - also Inferno's. So with all that put together, Inferno should be complete!

7th Picture:

Original Tarantulas - In Picture 1 (next to a red insect leg) there is a black missile with an oval tip at one end. There is another one like it in the 2nd picture (underneath a black army-looking gun). And so long as the string in Tarantulas's back is still attached to his hook missile and he has his launcher (which sits in his back) he is complete.

TM Depth Charge - In Picture 1 there is a long yellow missile. There should be 2 of them, but I can only see one in the pictures. The large grey tail in Picture 3 is his. He should also come with a blue shark/gun, but I can't see it, as well as 7 yellow disks, which may be hiding under his robot head, so just lift up the flap and have a look.

8th Picture:

TM Rattrap - Looks complete, as he has his tail/whip.

TM Optimus Primal - In Pic 1 there are two grey clubs sitting next to each other, they are Primal's. The only thing he seems to be missing is his gun/launcher, which is big and brown, sadly it doesn't seem to be there.

9th Picture:

Original Waspinator - Has pieces all over the place like Inferno. In pic 1 (next to Primal's clubs, there looks like one of his grey missiles, but it looks like it's broken. In Pic 2 is one of Waspinator's wings, the big grey one with Inferno's leg sitting on top of it. In Pic 3 is the other Waspinator wing, plus his gun which is yellow and green, and his other missile is poking out of it. In Pic 4 there is a grey chest piece (next to TM Tarantulas' purple leg).

TM2 Cheetor - Pic 1 has Cheetor's yellow tail. Pic 3 has Cheetor's gun which has purple chrome and yellow spikes coming off the bottom of it. The missile is also in Pic 3, up the top, just above the big orange gun.

10th Picture:

TM2 Prowl - Looks to be complete.

There are quite a few random BW parts in there as well. Pieces belonging to:

TM Optimal Optimus
Original Armordillo
TM Waspinator
Original Cicadacon
VHS Repaint Airazor
Original Ramhorn
Fuzors Skyshadow

Plus a whole heap of non-BW pieces.

I hope that helps a bit. Any questions just fire away!

sideswipes brother
21st November 2012, 09:46 AM
I actually think those prices are too high. :confused: If you look on Ebay, there's just not much interest in Beast Wars and sellers who list their items high rarely sell.
I have been scouring ebay for the last few months for BW show characters for my son and have therefore been diligently monitoring BW prices. They are just not selling unless the price starts low.
My advice is to hang onto them and see if interest in BW increases or sell them on ebay at starting prices of 99 cents and enjoy the ride.:D
To sum up - Personally, i think they are worth what is stated, but the market doesn't. AND, that is an awesome haul!:eek:
Hope that helps.

Verno
21st November 2012, 11:28 AM
Who knows, Beast Hunters might bring an interest back into 'beast' TFs, so hanging onto them for a little while might be good advice, especially if you can track down a couple of pieces to complete some of the incomplete ones, especially Depth Charge.

Starscream77
21st November 2012, 12:02 PM
thanks all for the help and / or advice

As i am not really interested in them and the fact if i hold onto them i will prob just lose bits and pieces i will just put them up for sale on here tomorrow (once i match all those pieces) at cheap prices and if not sold i will evil bay them as a lot

But yeah thanks heaps again Verno, i do really appreciate your efforts

Autocon
23rd November 2012, 04:43 PM
Keep those Optimal optimus pieces together!! People will fight over those on ebay!!!:p

VGMStudios
25th November 2012, 01:22 AM
Really? I have one in pieces in a box. I was going to make a custom.
Humm how much do they go for?