PDA

View Full Version : US & JP Masterpiece speculations, rumours & wish-lists

Pages : [1] 2

Starscream77
29th November 2012, 08:50 AM
Hi all

Just wanted to get peoples thoughts on what they think the next few MPs will be?
Not what we want but based on what we have so far and any other possible knowledge as to what we think will be released.

I was thinking Sunstreaker is a fair chance following Sideswipe and Red Alert as basic mold is there already.
Maybe another seeker as well ?

Hopefully the more regular releases keep coming like our current MPs

Trent
29th November 2012, 09:01 AM
Probably more cars. Jazz and prowl would be cool and likely. Apparently there is an Ultra Magnus in the works and a V2 Meg's.

A new mold Skywarp isn't beyond the realms of possibility. After that I'm not sure what they'll do as far as decepticons go.

Kapryiath
29th November 2012, 09:17 AM
i'd like to see an mp shockblast :D nut yes assuming they can get the licences from he car manufacturers then i'd say more cars ultra magnus will certainly be interesting , i'm curious to see how they will homage the old toy and give it decent articulation :D

BigTransformerTrev
29th November 2012, 09:53 AM
I was thinking Sunstreaker is a fair chance following Sideswipe and Red Alert as basic mold is there already.

It depends how close they want the MP's to resemble the originals. Though the vehicle modes were very similar their robot modes were quite different. That said, they shared a mold in the Classics line so it is always a possibility.

Probably more cars. Jazz and prowl would be cool and likely.

I agree, I wouldn't be surprised to see either of them as the next MP's.

There is always a possibility of the Coneheads but a 3rd party developer made them all a few years ago so they may think whoever wants them may already have them.

Crysteen
29th November 2012, 10:01 AM
I wanna see some Triplechangers, Blitzwing and Astrotrain would be cool.
And what about the rest of the Dinobots?

Poor Grimlock is lonely without his team.

Starscream77
29th November 2012, 10:03 AM
A shockwave would be good too

liegeprime
29th November 2012, 10:53 AM
Well, since the seeker mold is still existing, the coneheads should've been in the works a long time ago. If Hastak's excuse is that a 3rd party already done it, as Cobra commander said - hogwash!!! A lot of people already have the 3 seekers as well but that didn't stop them releasing them characters again with the excuse that it's a new mold! A thrid party came up with the coronation set - did they stop releasiing Screamer with a coronation set, nuh uh. So that excuse , if they ever pull that card again is nothing but a load of...

Surely, an "official" MP coneheads would be picked up by fans after they release prolly MP Acid storm. As for the Sideswipe mold, there's Deep cover and Clamp down, obscure characters yes, but, to maximize the use of the mold hey why not? Also there's Tigertracks....all it takes is for some of the HAstak bigwigs to sign the dotted line - YES?

Hursticon
29th November 2012, 11:11 AM
I'm inclined to think that they're trying to follow a release schedule that somewhat reflects that of the 80s; The '84 Autobots still have a number of characters to go but as for the '84 Decepticons, they really only need to do another Megatron before I reckon they'll move onto either the Coneheads or the 'Basic' Insecticons which were released in '85. ;):)

Hell, we might even be lucky enough to receive a Masterpiece Reflector - Now that'd be awesome for both Transformers & Diaclone reasons! :D

Ploughmans Lunch
29th November 2012, 11:59 AM
Hi I would like the following (remolds or redos of characters)-

V2 Megatron (IDW Jet or G2 Megatron or whatever, not another gun, please)
V2 Skywarp (No crown/cape set, cartoon colours please!)
V2 Magnus (with Armour/trailer)
Ginrai (using MP-10 and a similar combination pattern at UM)

I'd also like there to be a focus on more prominent/leader figures, such as Galvatron, Shockwave, Bumblebee, Chromedome (maybe as a remold of Rodimus?), along with Cyclonus, Springer, Blaster, Perceptor etc.

'84 cars make a lot of sense. Really should do Prowl next (since you can bump out another two repaints from him easily), maybe minivehicles in packs of two (cosmos, etc) would be good. Really ummm... I dunno, do whatever, just make it good.

gamblor916
29th November 2012, 12:15 PM
Blaster with cassettes, more cars and more dinobots. Make it happen.

Sky Shadow
29th November 2012, 12:41 PM
I would love a G2 Sideswipe (with ammunition bandolier accessory) and the inevitable Tigertrack/Spin-Out/Bio-Sunstreaker recolour. I hope they're on the horizon.

Hursticon
29th November 2012, 12:45 PM
I would love a G2 Sideswipe (with ammunition bandolier accessory) and the inevitable Tigertrack/Spin-Out/Bio-Sunstreaker recolour. I hope they're on the horizon.

THIS!!! :eek:

I just hope it doesn't end up as some sort of limited exclusive if it were to be made a reality; An Amazon or TRU (i.e. Major Retailer) exclusive would be ok but not a *Shudders* FunPub, Ehobby or Hasbro Toyshop type exclusive. :cool:

GoktimusPrime
29th November 2012, 04:58 PM
Hey guys, don't forget that every Japanese Masterpiece toy comes with that little slip of paper with a code that you need (along with your toy's bar code (what they call a "JAN Code")) to access TakaraTOMY's online survey -- and with MPs it allows you to nominate which Masterpieces (up to 3) that you would like TakaraTOMY to do next.

Click here (http://otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=201) for instructions on how to complete TakaraTOMY's online survey, and here's a screen cap of my most recent nominations:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/takaratomyfans_mpgalvatron.jpg

I did this survey just last weekend (with my MP Lambor codes). And the options listed there are:
+ Jazz
+ Wheeljack
+ Sunstreaker
+ Prowl/Bluestreak
+ Ironhide/Ratchet
+ Tracks
+ Mirage
+ Perceptor
+ Blaster
+ Ultra Magnus
+ Devastator
+ Superion
+ Super Ginrai
+ Star Sabre
+ G2 Optimus Prime
+ Other [specify]

I ticked Sunstreaker and Star Sabre, then ticked "Other" and I typed in "Galvatron." You can probably look up the name of the Transformer you want to nominate on TFwiki and copy and paste the Japanese name into that box. :)

Bidoofdude
29th November 2012, 05:11 PM
I actually had the idea of a Wheeljack and I made a few sketches showing him, his car mode and HIS GOLF BUGGY MODE. I spent a while trying to work out the golf buggy mode to work with the Earth car mode. I might upload them if you guys want.
Wheeljack, Shockwave and Galvatron are my picks. I think Wheeljack could be redone into Tracks (like Generations) and could come with a teletraan drone, I guess. (sky spy)
Oh yeah and DINOBOTS!!!

Tober
29th November 2012, 05:43 PM
Soundblaster is inevitable, as are Skywarp and Thundercracker. Coneheads are a distinct possibility too. With or without armor we will get Ultra Magnus.

The cynic in me is leaning towards Sunstreaker as the next new mold, we know they have the Lamborghini Countach license. They also have Nissan, so maybe Prowl, Streak etc. If they still have Toyota we will probably get Ironhide and Ratchet.

When we get Soundwave we usually get Broadblast too.

UltraMagnus
29th November 2012, 06:30 PM
Hey guys, don't forget that every Japanese Masterpiece toy comes with that little slip of paper with a code that you need (along with your toy's bar code (what they call a "JAN Code")) to access TakaraTOMY's online survey -- and with MPs it allows you to nominate which Masterpieces (up to 3) that you would like TakaraTOMY to do next.

+ Jazz
+ Wheeljack
+ Sunstreaker
+ Prowl/Bluestreak
+ Ironhide/Ratchet
+ Tracks
+ Mirage
+ Perceptor
+ Blaster
+ Ultra Magnus
+ Devastator
+ Superion
+ Super Ginrai
+ Star Sabre
+ G2 Optimus Prime
+ Other [specify]

I like that Gok is ahead of the game here ;)
I have heard the following
MP10 was designed to include a trailer - i.e. Ultra Magnus (should expect to see announcement next year)

I believe the Prowl body is the next Autobot idea as it can be duplicated to a number of others (Smokescreen, Silverstreak, Bluestreak)

Expect more coneheads from the current mould
(Thundercracker, Skywarp, Thrust, Ramjet, Dirge)

Jazz is also considered an option.

SharkyMcShark
29th November 2012, 07:09 PM
Sunstreaker, Devastator, and a proper Magnus.

1orion2many
29th November 2012, 07:23 PM
BW Megatron (The first one) along with Dinobot, Rhinox and Rattrap:D. I live in hope:o

KalEl
29th November 2012, 07:28 PM
BW Megatron (The first one) along with Dinobot, Rhinox and Rattrap:D. I live in hope:o

we all do lol

Hursticon
29th November 2012, 07:51 PM

...And I shall hope along with you man as I know there are others too. :)

loophole
29th November 2012, 08:23 PM
Ive said it before and I'll say it agiain G1 Cyclonus would be awesome as a masterpiece

and of course the Stunticons :P

Kapryiath
29th November 2012, 08:59 PM
i think mp gestalts is a bad idea to be honest, way to massive, way to expensive especially if they're going to keep it in scale with current releases , though they would be FREAKING AWESOME!

o0o0o0o0 mp beast wars, now that'd be pretty wicked, but i'm not sure what they could really do to improve the existing molds.

More dinobots would be killer i'd hand over my wallet for a full set of mp dino's for my shelves no questions asked.

i'd really like a magnus , but only if they do it well.

Bidoofdude
29th November 2012, 10:00 PM
Really, I'd want Swoop the most out of the dinobots, although their G1 toys are already pretty good.

Defcon
29th November 2012, 10:08 PM
Probably more Autobot cars. I should think Sunstreaker will be along soon. Followed by Prowl and Bluestreak, although I would prefer Smokescreen.
For the Decepticons we will see a few repaints, Skywarp and Thundercracker, and Soundblaster.

After that likely to see some amazing announcements. Ultra Magnus and Blaster for the Autobots. Megatron, or Galvatron?

UltraMarginal
29th November 2012, 10:25 PM
i think mp gestalts is a bad idea to be honest, way to massive, way to expensive especially if they're going to keep it in scale with current releases , though they would be FREAKING AWESOME!

you don't think the third party devastator has shown that there is clearly a market for that? MP stunticons, or pretectobots, aerialbots, whatever, of the same quality as MP sideswipe would be spectacularly cool.

I can see them probably focusing on some less well known G1 characters in the next couple releases. I would kill for an MP Jazz, skids.

I think they could do hoist and trailbreaker, blue streak, smokescreen and prowl.. more decepticon tapes would be pretty popular. and dinobots, but the repaintability of them is extremely limited. I'd buy a true to life scaled reflector in the blink of an eye.

Megatron
29th November 2012, 10:34 PM
I would love a MP Jazz and MP Shockwave!!!

rocman12
29th November 2012, 11:10 PM
Hopefully Miragecand Blaster with some tapes!

Cat
30th November 2012, 12:12 AM
I can't see how they could make an accurate Sunstreaker from the MP Sideswipe mold.

I also can't see him being high priority for TakTom, seeing as the G1 toy was only available there in a multipack, there was no single release. And they pushed Red Alert and Sideswipe as being brothers more than SS/SS.

I'd like to see MP Prowl. Plenty of solid repaint potential, and he had such a crappy Classicsverse figure (the Legends is excellent though).

Same for Ratchet/Ironhide. Give us apology MP's for stuffing up their Universe figures.

KaRNiV8L PRiME
30th November 2012, 12:47 AM
Not counting numerous potential repaints of current molds, the 3 next MPs that I want would be

Jazz/ricochet
Ironhide/ratchet
Prowl/bluestreak/smokescreen

5FDP
30th November 2012, 12:53 PM
I'd like to see MP Prowl. Plenty of solid repaint potential, and he had such a crappy Classicsverse figure (the Legends is excellent though).

While I agree with your suggestion on a MP Prowl, I couldn't disagree more that Universe Prowl was a crappy toy. Aside from the paint issue which the first few batches suffered from (the Henkei version also rectified this), it's a great mold and an excellent update to the character. If anything, the Legends toy was a disappointment due to it's lack of paint apps... however, being a Legends toy, I can overlook this.

On topic - I would also love to see a MP Shockwave since it's pretty clear we won't be seeing an Encore release anytime soon because of legalities.

ILikeSoundwave
30th November 2012, 04:46 PM
MP ASTROTRAIN *Drools* :D

canofwhoopass_87
1st December 2012, 06:42 PM
If we take a step back and look at the bigger picture - I reckon the MP line will continue for another 15-20 years tops.

Perhaps they've come to realize that the G1 fandom is aging; and that the best way to make the line more successful and generate more moola is to change their strategy a little... hence the greater number of MP's being released (albeit in smaller scale).

If we assume the MP line will continue for another 15 years, that's about 45 characters (3 per year). Factoring in the repaints and odd movie MP and you've got about 20 or so individual G1 MP moulds.

I prefer it if they went for characters that don't have brothers/twins. Personally, I'd love to see a proper MP G1 Ultra Magnus or Arcee.

Ode to a Grasshopper
1st December 2012, 07:43 PM
Is this wants/wishes or predictions?

For wants:
MP Lugnut. Make him the Leader toy he should have been, with the missile racks in his back, an LED POKE, and ideally a few voice clips courtesy of David Kaye.
MP Cyclonus would be sweet, but the Henkei one is good enough as is.
BW Megatron. Personally I'd rather his dragon form, but I'd put TM as the most likely.
MP G1 Predacons.
MP Sky-Byte.
MP Overlord.

For MPs I'd like to see that I think will probably happen...
Ultra Magnus.
Galvatron
Prowl (with Bluestreak and Smokescreen remolds).
Possibly Sunstreaker (as in I'd like to see him released, but I'm not sure how likely it is).

For MPs I think will probably happen, but meh.
Jazz. He's big in Japan.
Revised Skywarp. It's just a repaint.
MP Coneheads. Easy remolds.
MP Bumblebee would be up there too if not for the licensing issues.

kup
1st December 2012, 08:58 PM
I want a Galvatron

Robzy
1st December 2012, 09:46 PM
Ever since we got Rodimus, I've always thought that MP Galvatron won't be too far away (relatively that is).

prowlercon
1st December 2012, 10:12 PM
really hoping for prowl,
ultra magnus with trailer,
and more dinobots:) just snarl would be ok

Magnus
2nd December 2012, 12:39 AM
I suspect that the next few MPs will include Skywarp and Thundercracker using the MP-11 mould and Soundblaster (minor chest retool, new colour scheme). The next new mould would probably be either Jazz (with an eventual Ricochet/Stepper repaint) or Prowl (followed by Streak and Smokescreen repaints with mould tweaks).

GoktimusPrime
2nd December 2012, 11:59 AM
Don't forget to let TakaraTOMY know which Masterpieces you want to see (http://otca.com.au/boards/showpost.php?p=329647&postcount=13), if you're serious about seeing these toys become MPs. :) TakaraTOMY aren't going to notice this thread.

Lord_Zed
3rd December 2012, 08:03 PM
What no Shockwave on the list?

That makes me sad.

ILikeSoundwave
3rd December 2012, 08:08 PM

That makes me sad.

I forgot about Shocky this changes everything!:eek:

Bidoofdude
3rd December 2012, 08:46 PM
It depends how close they want the MP's to resemble the originals. Though the vehicle modes were very similar their robot modes were quite different. That said, they shared a mold in the Classics line so it is always a possibility.

I agree, I wouldn't be surprised to see either of them as the next MP's.

There is always a possibility of the Coneheads but a 3rd party developer made them all a few years ago so they may think whoever wants them may already have them.

Does MP Lambor have some sort of torso looking kind of thing+ turning everything around abilities? If it does, It could work well, like universe.
Hmm, gets you thinking.

GoktimusPrime
3rd December 2012, 09:10 PM

That makes me sad.
That's why the last option says "Other" and there's a space for you to enter which character you want to see if it's not on the list. Galvatron wasn't on the list, so I entered it myself. If enough people submit the same nomination, on the list or not, then that will tell TakaraTOMY which are the most popular characters that fans want to see as MPs. Remember you can nominate up to 3 characters -- and you can vote for each MP you've ever purchased from TakaraTOMY. I've yet to submit my codes from MP Sunstorm, so that'll get me another vote. :)

If you don't know how to type the character's name in Japanese, just look them up on TFwiki, click on the "Foreign names" link, then copy and paste the Japanese text. Here's the one for Shockwave (or Laserwave as he's called in Japan)
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Shockwave_%28G1%29#Foreign_names

Tober
4th December 2012, 04:40 PM

That makes me sad.

They sorta don't have the rights to the G1 mold to use it as a masterpiece tho. :(

Takara actually teased the audience with it at the Masterpiece reveal about 6 months ago.

GoktimusPrime
4th December 2012, 05:02 PM
Surely they can modify the design enough so that it's an approximation of G1 Shockwave, but dissimilar enough not to get into legal trouble from the trademark owner? (but then I guess you'd have people who'd still complain that it'd "look nothing like G1 Shockwave" :rolleyes:)

The_Damned
4th December 2012, 08:01 PM
trailbreaker for sure

OZDevastator
10th November 2013, 10:04 AM
Hey everyone, do you guys know if there is any news in regards to MP Ramjet, Thrust and Dirge development?

I'm aware of Igear's products but , don't know about them something just seems odd about them.

Brad.

Hursticon
10th November 2013, 11:59 AM
There hasn't been any hint, unfortunately, of any Official Masterpiece "Cone-head" seekers being produced at all sadly. :(

evandouglas86
21st November 2013, 08:45 AM
I was looking at the japanese most wanted mp list and started thinking about what i wanted...Man I would love a masterpiece beastwars inferno .. There's something about inferno from beast wars that reeks of cool. And g1 sunstreaker! What would you guys want? And yes I know - g1 inferno before any bw...

GoktimusPrime
21st November 2013, 10:08 AM
I want a Masterpiece Time Warrior. ;) In any case, be sure to tell TakaraTOMY what you want in their online customer feedback survey - specifically Question 38 which explicitly asks you to nominate which character(s) you'd like to see made as a Masterpiece toy.
http://otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=201

BigTransformerTrev
21st November 2013, 10:28 AM
Man I would love a masterpiece inferno..

Actually he's always been at the top of my 'wish list' for a masterpiece as well. Inferno has always been by far my fav figure from the 1985 Autobot Cars just for the size, detail and play value :)

Plus as a character he was just cool :D

For a second though I would have to say Warpath :)

Sinnertwin
21st November 2013, 10:33 AM
Terrorcons.
Hungrr in MP10 size & the limbs in the MP car size

Paulbot
21st November 2013, 10:34 AM
I was looking at the japanese most wanted mp list and started thinking about what i wanted...Man I would love a masterpiece inferno.. There's something about inferno from beast wars that reeks of cool. And sunstreaker! What would you guys want?

TRUKK NOT ANT!

:p

We need MP G1 Inferno so he can throw MP Smokescreen out the window.

BigTransformerTrev
21st November 2013, 11:06 AM
I was looking at the japanese most wanted mp list and started thinking about what i wanted...Man I would love a masterpiece inferno.. There's something about inferno from beast wars that reeks of cool. And sunstreaker! What would you guys want?

Actually he's always been at the top of my 'wish list' for a masterpiece as well. Inferno has always been by far my fav figure from the 1985 Autobot Cars just for the size, detail and play value :)

Plus as a character he was just cool :D

For a second though I would have to say Warpath :)

TRUKK NOT ANT!

:p

Ah! I need to pay more attention as I didn't read the Beast Wars bit, I thought it was G1 Inferno being referred to.

BW Inferno - no fraggin way! I agreee with Paulbot - we need a Masterpiece G1 Inferno :D. Zero interest in a giant ant :rolleyes:

GoktimusPrime
21st November 2013, 11:18 AM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/iseewhatyoudidthere.jpg

Hursticon
21st November 2013, 01:21 PM
BW Inferno - no fraggin way! I agreee with Paulbot - we need a Masterpiece G1 Inferno :D. Zero interest in a giant ant :rolleyes:

"Such blasphemy against the colony! - You shall BURN!!!"

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/vlcsnap-2013-11-21-13h10m55s201_zps54f18fae.png

:p:D

I'd be all for a Masterpiece Beast Wars: Inferno myself ;), probably just as much as an MP G1: Inferno :cool: - Really, I'd simply like to see a Masterpiece Beast Wars figure in general. :o

ILikeSoundwave
21st November 2013, 01:27 PM
Terrorcons.
Hungrr in MP10 size & the limbs in the MP car size

^This, please! Terrorcons are my second fav combiner teams, the first being the Stunticons.

UltraMarginal
21st November 2013, 01:30 PM
I read G1 Inferno when I saw the title of this thread also.

I can see why people would be after Beast Wars masterpieces, especially if it's your G1. My biggest issue with BW Masterpiece would be the surface finish on the beast modes. How could they make it "realistic"?

Personally if they keep producing a couple Masterpiece G1 characters per year like they have been since MP10, in that same design philosophy I'll keep buying them. no questions asked. an MP g1 Inferno would be saweeet.

GoktimusPrime
21st November 2013, 01:40 PM
As much as I love Beast Wars, I'd like to see MP focus on G1 for now. Part of the reason is that BW toys were so well designed that they really haven't dated as much as G1 has. Also the cartoon models were pretty toy-accurate, so there also isn't quite the need to have show-like toys like G1. IMHO G1 is in greater need of being 'updated' as Classicsverse and MP toys. I personally skipped Universe Cheetor and Dinobot because I felt that neither of those figures really substantially improved over the originals. Generations Rhinox and Waspinator look awesome, and I'll probably get them because they are just awesome toys, but I don't think they'll really be massively improving over the originals as much as other Classicsverse toys do for G1.

Also... I'd really like to see the first year of G1 Autobots being completed as MPs, which from a Japanese POV includes the first two years. And Inferno would certainly be developed in tandem w/ MP Grapple much like what they've done w/ the Nissans.

evandouglas86
21st November 2013, 01:57 PM
Yer, I'd love g1 inferno! He was also one of my favs. Out of g1 I would love sunstreaker though as he was my first transformer so I'll always have a soft spot for him... My first decepticon a were pounce and wingspan the spys, so yer is be drawn to them as well

Hursticon
21st November 2013, 01:58 PM
IMHO G1 is in greater need of being 'updated' as Classicsverse and MP toys. I personally skipped Universe Cheetor and Dinobot because I felt that neither of those figures really substantially improved over the originals. Generations Rhinox and Waspinator look awesome, and I'll probably get them because they are just awesome toys, but I don't think they'll really be massively improving over the originals as much as other Classicsverse toys do for G1.

I agree with you in Cheetor's case (An excellent example of gimmick impediment) ;), but the TakTom version of Dinobot was far more on-model IMO :) (Save for that poor excuse of a sword & spinning shield) - I would have to disagree with you in regards to Waspinator & whole-heartedly in Rhinox's situation (The original toy & generations toy are like Night & Day!). :cool:

...but, I am also in agreeance that I'd prefer to see all G1 characters, who are to see the MP treatment, get it before they move onto Beast Wars; I'd rather the Design/Engineer teams not have to jump between differing styles with the line (Hence Star Saber having a different lead), I think they'd/we'd end up with better figures in the long run if they are permitted to stay in their stride before shifting. ;):)

evandouglas86
21st November 2013, 02:41 PM
I agree with you in Cheetor's case (An excellent example of gimmick impediment) ;), but the TakTom version of Dinobot was far more on-model IMO :) (Save for that poor excuse of a sword & spinning shield) - I would have to disagree with you in regards to Waspinator & whole-heartedly in Rhinox's situation (The original toy & generations toy are like Night & Day!). :cool:

...but, I am also in agreeance that I'd prefer to see all G1 characters, who are to see the MP treatment, get it before they move onto Beast Wars; I'd rather the Design/Engineer teams not have to jump between differing styles with the line (Hence Star Saber having a different lead), I think they'd/we'd end up with better figures in the long run if they are permitted to stay in their stride before shifting. ;):)

Agree

Kranix
21st November 2013, 06:06 PM
I am really hoping for a Masterpiece G1 Jazz :D

UltraMarginal
21st November 2013, 06:11 PM
I am really hoping for a Masterpiece G1 Jazz :D

Without a doubt this is on the top of my wish list.

millhouse
21st November 2013, 06:16 PM
I'd rate either a re-done (ala MP-10) version of G1 Megatron, or a G1 Galvatron as being far more important to the Masterpiece line...

Then again, I really want a Galvatron! :P

Firestorm
21st November 2013, 06:35 PM
even though I am a huge fan of Beast Wars I automatically assumed you were talking about G1 Inferno at first, having said that I think G1 Inferno would be better suited to getting the MP treatment.
would love to see Beast Wars Masterpieces someday though, but probably starting with Primal and Megatron before someone like Inferno

millhouse
21st November 2013, 06:56 PM
http://www.tapirback.com/tapirgal/gifts/friends/insects/ant-plastic-f2064.jpg

drifand
21st November 2013, 07:14 PM
For me, a first mp combiner like the constructicons.:)

Zommael
21st November 2013, 07:31 PM
I want Galvatron. For the following reasons:

1. MP Megatron was way too tall and unstable.
2. MP Megatron can't be sold in many countries, whereas a Hasbro release of Galvatron would be no problem.
3. MP Rodimus needs someone to fight.
4. The MP Decepticon planes need a real leader and Starscream just won't do.
5. With a show accurate MP Galvatron I could finally kick Energon Galvatron off my shelf!

millhouse
21st November 2013, 07:32 PM
With a show accurate MP Galvatron I could finally kick Energon Galvatron off my shelf!

I've decided that G1 Encore is about as close as I'll get to an MP Galvatron for a while!

MayzaPrime
21st November 2013, 07:36 PM
even though I am a huge fan of Beast Wars I automatically assumed you were talking about G1 Inferno at first, having said that I think G1 Inferno would be better suited to getting the MP treatment.
would love to see Beast Wars Masterpieces someday though, but probably starting with Primal and Megatron before someone like Inferno

I was also thinking that this thread was about wanting a G1 Inferno which would be cool and also the Grapple retool.

I was hoping that BW Optimus Primal was going to win the Takara fans poll so we might get a MP Beast Wars line. Having said that I am very much looking forward to the Generations Beast Wars figures that are being released in the next few weeks, hopefully BW Inferno will get an update.

theshape
21st November 2013, 08:22 PM
how cool would an MP cyclonus be.

Ode to a Grasshopper
21st November 2013, 08:56 PM
Yeah, I'd dig an MP Cyclonus. He's meant to be big after all.

Anyways, my top MP wants (all of which are really unlikely) are BW TM2 Megatron, Animated Lugnut, the remaining Decepticon tapes, and Sludge.

Hursticon
21st November 2013, 11:42 PM
how cool would an MP cyclonus be.

Man you've no idea how much I'm with you guys on this, Masterpiece Cyclonus NEEDS to happen. :eek::cool:

evandouglas86
23rd November 2013, 09:31 PM
Man you've no idea how much I'm with you guys on this, Masterpiece Cyclonus NEEDS to happen. :eek::cool:

Oh man! Cyclonus! If there was only one more mp to ever come out I'd be pretty content with him!

evandouglas86
23rd November 2013, 11:00 PM

Anyways, my top MP wants (all of which are really unlikely) are BW TM2 Megatron, Animated Lugnut, the remaining Decepticon tapes, and Sludge.

Yer but to be honest, my top mp would be Perceptor... He's just so cool because he's so different from the others being a microscope rather than being a car, truck or plane

GoktimusPrime
23rd November 2013, 11:22 PM
Yer but to be honest, my top mp would be Perceptor... He's just so cool because he's so different from the others being a microscope rather than being a car, truck or plane
Perceptor also has a tank mode. ;)
http://tilallaremine.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/perceptor-g1-tank.jpg
http://www.cliffbee.com/reviews/images/magnificus.gif
http://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2/1/14/FallenAngel-Perceptor.jpg

evandouglas86
24th November 2013, 12:59 PM
Perceptor also has a tank mode. ;)
http://tilallaremine.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/perceptor-g1-tank.jpg
http://www.cliffbee.com/reviews/images/magnificus.gif
http://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2/1/14/FallenAngel-Perceptor.jpg

Yer, true that, I have g1 Perceptor... I can't ever remember him using this mode on the anime series.. Did he?

Tfiguy
27th May 2014, 05:29 PM
We need some cons other than seekers! Yes, we all know which ones should come first, but for pure nostalgia- I hope they eventually make the more obscure ones... I used to have this little blob of plastic named Flame Feather (fire cons) and man, I loved it.. I wish I had an mp version lol. Which lesser famous tf's would you like to see?

Defcon
27th May 2014, 05:57 PM
If we are talking obscure cons, that we should see as masterpiece figures, in my list would be Reflector, because he appeared only briefly in generation 1. Also Slugfest and Overkill, the dino cassette minions of Soundwave would be hot right now ! All I mentioned so far are the little guys, how about Octane, as he was a pretty obscure triple changer compared to the others.

Hursticon
27th May 2014, 06:21 PM
If we are talking obscure cons, that we should see as masterpiece figures, in my list would be Reflector, because he appeared only briefly in generation 1. Also Slugfest and Overkill, the dino cassette minions of Soundwave would be hot right now ! All I mentioned so far are the little guys, how about Octane, as he was a pretty obscure triple changer compared to the others.

Definitely with you on Reflector, Slugfest & Overkill - I'd like to throw Cyclonus into the arena also. :cool:

M-bot
27th May 2014, 06:38 PM
As much as I'd love to see Galvatron, Cyclonus and Scourge given the MP treatment, I'm not sure they're that obscure. My vote would be for Reflector, to round out the early G1 cast a bit more.

Ode to a Grasshopper
27th May 2014, 06:44 PM
Yes Please to Slugfest, Overkill, and Cyclonus, and I'd quite like the Squalktalk/Beastbox duo as well.

MP Lugnut would be glorious, but will almost definitely never happen.:(

MP IDW Stormbringer Thunderwing.

Sinnertwin
27th May 2014, 06:54 PM
Desukobura!

BigTransformerTrev
27th May 2014, 06:57 PM
If we are talking obscure cons, that we should see as masterpiece figures, in my list would be Reflector, because he appeared only briefly in generation 1. Also Slugfest and Overkill, the dino cassette minions of Soundwave would be hot right now !

Definitely with you on Reflector, Slugfest & Overkill

They could extend the MP Soundwave line by releasing 3 new 2-packs:

*Overkill & Slugfest
*Sqwalktalk & Beastbox (only G1's Con cassettes I don't have myself yet)
*Ratbat & Wingthing

Extra points to Takara/Hasbro if Wingthing turns into a blaster and Sqwalkers and BBox combine! :D

Other obscure Con's? Hmmm, well Runabout only ever appeared in 1 episode of G1 and Runamuck 2 ep's which makes them almost as obscure as Overkill & Slugfest. They could be done in the same scale as the MP Autobots that they have been releasing lately. Another vote for Reflector right here as well :) If you want really obscure - then go the Deluxe Action Master 'Turbomaster' ;)

Trent
27th May 2014, 07:12 PM
MP IDW Stormbringer Thunderwing.

I would throw SO much money at a Stormbringer Thunderwing it's not funny. I think that would be the point I become a TF addict.

theshape
27th May 2014, 07:25 PM
Cyclonus is number 1 for me. However, I would really like a new MP megatron in scale with the rest of the line (has to turn into a walther, none of this tank rubbish :p )

Sky Shadow
27th May 2014, 07:38 PM
If you want really obscure - then go the Deluxe Action Master 'Turbomaster'.

Turbo Master gets my vote. And they could recolour the mould into Masterpiece Bruticus.

Reflector is the most ridiculously neglected Decepticon of the 1985/86 toy lineup. The guy's in the fricking first episode of the G1 cartoon and he hasn't been reissued in twenty-seven years.

And Action Master Thundercracker would be a better use of the Starscream mould than every single other piece of crap recolour they've ever done with it.

Slag
27th May 2014, 07:57 PM
Cyclonus is number 1 for me. However, I would really like a new MP megatron in scale with the rest of the line (has to turn into a walther, none of this tank rubbish :p )

+ 1....000

Bidoofdude
27th May 2014, 08:00 PM
Cyclonus, Scourge. Scourge needs a good robot with a geewun alt mode. It would be very hard to do, but I reckon that TT could pull it off. Get Hasui back on MP for Scourge and Galvatron.

GoktimusPrime
27th May 2014, 08:16 PM
Time Warrior! :p Oh right, an obscure* Decepticon... I'd go for Octus. He transforms into a freakin' Dalek! :D
Don't forget to tell TakaraTOMY your wishes for future MPs on Q.38 in their online survey (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=201). :)

--------------------------------------------------
*I'm going by the Obscure Transformers Web Site's (http://s90690880.onlinehome.us/jhiaxus/) definition of "Obscure" which means that the character must not have appeared in more than one medium. Death Cobra's a good choice too. ;)

Falcon
27th May 2014, 08:50 PM
Cylconus would be nice but for some reason I'm obsessed with the idea of MP's of Dreadwind and Darkwing that could make a MP Dreadwing. :D

Deonasis
28th May 2014, 12:01 AM
Death Cobra ;)Yes!

MP's of Dreadwind and Darkwing that could make a MP Dreadwing. :DYES!

Slugfest and Overkill... OctaneYes!

Runabout... and RunamuckYes!

Apeface, Snapdragon, and Hun-Gurr!

Kapryiath
28th May 2014, 12:22 AM
though not obscure i'd really love to see them tackle the triple changers i think they would be amazing or just something that isn't a cassette but isn't as full sized as the seekers/soundwave

Tober
28th May 2014, 01:13 AM
I would like to see a new Megatron, but he isn't really that obscure...

MP Glit. Especially Glit. Howlback and Garboil too... C'mon eHobby, they're already available!! Wingthing... Enemy...

X-9 Ravage. Misfire.

ITZTRU
28th May 2014, 08:36 AM
(has to turn into a walther, none of this tank rubbish :p )

OMG thank you! +100000 with you on the tank crap!!

Deonasis
28th May 2014, 10:22 AM
X-9 Ravage. Misfire.

Yep Misfire! He was one of my biggest and badest as a kid. I am glad he was mentioned. :cool:

Sky Shadow
28th May 2014, 10:28 AM
Yep Misfire! He was one of my biggest and badest as a kid. I am glad he was mentioned. :cool:

Misfire would be brilliant, particularly after his Scavengers appearances. Also, a Scourge with full-on beardiness would be cool too.

kup
28th May 2014, 10:37 AM
The MP line is very G1 cartoon oriented so don't expect characters that have not appeared in it.

Star Saber is more of an oddity than anything and only chosen due to fan vote. After that, they are likely to go back to cartoon only characters.

Tober
28th May 2014, 01:50 PM
The MP line is very G1 cartoon oriented so don't expect characters that have not appeared in it.

Star Saber is more of an oddity than anything and only chosen due to fan vote. After that, they are likely to go back to cartoon only characters.

Yeah Star Saber is a side step, but they are using the existing molds for rarities like Tiger Track, Sunstorm, G2 Sideswipe etc, plus those #€% $ng Convoy recolors.

Tetsuwan Convoy
28th May 2014, 02:32 PM

Star Saber was in a cartoon....;)

Paulbot
28th May 2014, 03:34 PM
I was thinking about Falcon's suggestion of Dreadwind and Darkwing, and that if the Masterpiece line reached that far, surely they'd do MP Buster and Hydra first for their market, but would international markets have as much demand for the Godmasters, or would people be waiting for Hasbro to release them as the Powermasters?

Paulbot
28th May 2014, 03:49 PM
Say they decide to make an MP God Ginrai...

Would you be happy with an MP Ginrai that used MP10 as the non-combined truck/robot? With some modification to the grill so a Godmaster could be plugged in? Or is anime/comic accuracy more important. (Would it bother you less to a have a MP Powermaster Prime who had the MP10 robot mode?)

Would you want the cab to look like MP10 (like Ultra Magnus) even if it transforms different, or would you want it looking less realistic/more futuristic.

Would you be unhappy if MP Ginrai went straight from truck and trailer to the combined mode? (skipping the seldom used base mode and the non-combined Ginrai that no one's a big fan of anyway)?

Should the Ginrai mini-figure be able to sit inside the cab? Would you want the Godmaster port to be compatible with old Godmaster figures (like MP Soundwave and his G1 and MP tapes).

Would you buy a separate MP Godbomber release, or would you expect it to be part of an MP God Ginrai release?

And would you ignore MP Ginrai and instead wait for the toy to be released by Hasbro as Powermaster Optimus Prime (perhaps because you're a fan of Optimus and not his lookalikes?)

kup
28th May 2014, 04:27 PM
Star Saber was in a cartoon....;)

US cartoon and you know I meant that ;)

drifand
28th May 2014, 06:06 PM
No for me as Power master op was a complete different truck and built.

yoshi594
28th May 2014, 06:11 PM
hasn't the mp line thus far gone in favour of their animation looks? I don't recall any half assed mps besides mp-02 Magnus and ghost starscream.

Hursticon
28th May 2014, 07:27 PM
I'd love to see them take the approach that they have with MP-22 Ultra Magnus :) - Take the outward appearance of the Prime-Mover (Cab) but apply completely unique/new tooling to it. ;)

I would probably prefer to see them take more design cues from the original toy but if more anime-accurate proportions were achieveable, I'd certainly be all for it. :cool:

I'd definitely be disappointed if it were to take the "ROTF Supreme Devastator" approach and negated the standard Ginrai state, by just going from Prime-Mover & Trailer to Super Ginrai; an exception though would be that I wouldn't miss the trailer turning into a "Base" at all. :o

I'd also be in favour of Ginrai's Engine/Godmaster figure not being backwards compatible as I feel it would place unnecessary engineering constraints on an already compromising gimmick - For that matter, I'd also prefer the whole "Lock & Key" side to the Godmaster/Powermaster gimmick be dropped to both further lessen design/engineering compromisation, as well as minimising the risk of one breaking the toy ala the G1 figures (Unless some sort of neutral gear, like that of the G2/BWII Autorollers, could be employed - I'd still rather it be dropped however). :)

Release-wise I'd expect the Takara-Tomy offering to be an all encompassing "God Ginrai" package, including:

Ginrai "Human" micro-figure
Ginrai "Engine/Godmaster" figure
Ginrai Prime-Mover (Cab) component
Super Ginrai Trailer component
Godbomber Trailer component/figure (God Ginrai Components)

Hasbro I'd suspect would just go for a Powermaster Optimus Prime release, including:

Tommy "Human" micro-figure
Hi-Q "Engine/Powermaster" figure
Optimus Prime Prime-Mover (Cab) component
Powermaster Optimus Prime Trailer component

At this point in time, I have far more affinity for the Japanese "Transformers: Super-God Masterforce" cartoon than I do the 4th Season of the Original cartoon, so I'd probably go for the whole kit & kaboodle - That said however; Powermaster Optimus Prime is one of my all-time favourite G1 toys, so, failing my hypothetical acquisition of the Takara-Tomy offering, I certainly wouldn't be disappointed in picking up the Hasbro release. ;):cool:

Great Paul, now I desperately want an MP Ginrai/Powermaster Prime even more so than I did already! :p:D

KalEl
28th May 2014, 07:56 PM
Agree with Hursti on this one :)
Saved me from typing much too :P

The_Damned
28th May 2014, 08:32 PM
There are so many other g1 toys they should do before another Prime. I am still waiting for my mp cosmos.

Trent
28th May 2014, 10:34 PM
There are so many other g1 toys they should do before another Prime. I am still waiting for my mp cosmos.

And I'm willing to bet you will continue to wait for,quite a while :)

(MP Cosmos would be fantastic!)

liegeprime
29th May 2014, 05:40 AM
I prefer they stick first to the other car robots they have yet to issue out - Jazz, Sunstreaker, Mirage, a retool of Bumblebee mold into Cliffjumper, Hound. A myriad left to tackle and release. For the Decepticon side of things - the conehead seekers, Reflector, A decent Megatron, size equivalent to MP 10. For far too long the 3rd party Coneheads have been the only way people can get an MP version of those 3. So much early years characters yet to be tapped. I hope the MP line isn't starting to regress to it's old pattern of random character release like the first years which might signal it's decline in popularity and nosedive in sales...which would be detrimental to continuing the line :( They need focus!!

If they do decide to make a Ginrai MP, Ill have to see it first but Im not so compelled to PO it. Ginrai may be my first Optimus mold but I feel the MP line should have more focus in their releases and choice of figures rather than just jump here and there , even if they are still both G1 characters (in Japan)... it's still quite random or inconsistent.

Deonasis
29th May 2014, 08:35 AM
A PM Prime should have everything bar the base mode on a Masterpiece interpretation. Everything. And then paint it orange and red.

BigTransformerTrev
30th May 2014, 09:37 AM

*Overkill & Slugfest
Other obscure Con's? Hmmm, well Runabout only ever appeared in 1 episode of G1 and Runamuck 2 ep's which makes them almost as obscure as Overkill & Slugfest. They could be done in the same scale as the MP Autobots that they have been releasing lately. Another vote for Reflector right here as well :)

I suppose the other really obscure G1 Hasbro Cartoon Decepticon Characters would be Wingspan & Pounce as I think they were only in one episode as well. Scorponok was in two though he only appeared briefly at the end of one of those.

If we are talking obscurity are there any other Decepticon Characters that were in two episodes or less? So far we have:

Overkill
Slugfest
Runamuck
Runabout
Pounce
Wingpan
Scorponok

I can't think of any myself. Even the Headmaster and Targetmasters were in 3, though not sure their partners were. Reflector is definetly obscure but was in quite a few ep's and the movie. Octane was in a few if you count 5 Faces of Darkness. The Terrorcons were in at least 3 I can think of off the top of my head.

drifand
30th May 2014, 10:17 AM
Reflector, The three insecticons, Astro train.

I broke my diaclone reflector long time ago.

Sky Shadow
30th May 2014, 10:36 AM
If we are talking obscurity are there any other Decepticon Characters that were in two episodes or less? So far we have:

Overkill
Slugfest
Runamuck
Runabout
Pounce
Wingpan
Scorponok

Counterpunch and Sixshot.

BigTransformerTrev
30th May 2014, 10:50 AM

I CANT BELIEVE I DIDN'T THINK OF SIXSHOT (forehead slap!) :o

I think I had dismissed Counterpunch as I was thinking of Punch.

Those are both AWESOME obscure G1 Cartoon Con Characters! I'd kill for a Materpiece of both of them! I never got the TFCC Punch/Counterpunch and always regretted it, though to be fair by the time I found out it existed it was already sold out :p

Sinnertwin
30th May 2014, 12:03 PM
Say they decide to make an MP God Ginrai...

Would you be happy with an MP Ginrai that used MP10 as the non-combined truck/robot? With some modification to the grill so a Godmaster could be plugged in? Or is anime/comic accuracy more important. (Would it bother you less to a have a MP Powermaster Prime who had the MP10 robot mode?)

-No. i'd much prefer a new mould representative of the media he's appeared in.

Would you want the cab to look like MP10 (like Ultra Magnus) even if it transforms different, or would you want it looking less realistic/more futuristic.

-Futuristic.

Would you be unhappy if MP Ginrai went straight from truck and trailer to the combined mode? (skipping the seldom used base mode and the non-combined Ginrai that no one's a big fan of anyway)?

-No.

Should the Ginrai mini-figure be able to sit inside the cab? Would you want the Godmaster port to be compatible with old Godmaster figures (like MP Soundwave and his G1 and MP tapes).

-Yes. If he was compatible that'd be a nice bonus.

Would you buy a separate MP Godbomber release, or would you expect it to be part of an MP God Ginrai release?

-Yes.

And would you ignore MP Ginrai and instead wait for the toy to be released by Hasbro as Powermaster Optimus Prime (perhaps because you're a fan of Optimus and not his lookalikes?)

-I'd buy both

Sharky
30th May 2014, 01:11 PM
i would love a MP PM Prime... and agree with everything Hursy has said..

i think i would also prefer if Hi Q didnt transform and was just a detailed minifigure...

then of course you have the customary repaints

Fire Guts + Nucleon Quest.

but i am willing to wait for the simple fact i want a MP Inferno and more Decepticons.... and not seeker repaints either.. Cyclonus Scourge Runamuck and Runabout

Tetsuwan Convoy
30th May 2014, 01:13 PM
I'd want a new mould made up. I think an MP10 with poermaster gimmick would be crap. Add to that their trailers looks completely different as well.

I'd be fine if they went the way of Magnus with the cab of the truck not making the robot, it'd allow for better robot proportions and keep the cost down. A base mode... Hmm, could be neat, but then they'd probably need to make the robot separate. A dilemma for me. I'd like the base mode, but if it dodn't come with it, I'd be fine.

They could drop the base mode and include God Bomber and all would be good!D

Tfiguy
30th May 2014, 06:27 PM
Scorpinok the size of fort max... And give Trypticon the same attention with metroplex while we're on the subject of biggies... Not very obscure but still ah well they need to be done!!

GoktimusPrime
30th May 2014, 08:48 PM
Trannis!

There aren't too many truly obscure Transformers from the G1 cartoon -- almost all of them appear in more than one medium. The only ones I can think of would be the Giant Decepticon Warrior (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Giant_Decepticon_Soldier) and Warrior (http://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2/1/17/DivideandConquer_SympatheticDecepticon.jpg) (who, despite appearances, is not part of Reflector; or at least not Spyglass, Spectro or Viewfinder).

GoktimusPrime
30th May 2014, 08:49 PM
Ginrai's not Optimus Prime, so I'd rather have a new mould.

Hursticon
31st May 2014, 01:45 AM
Ginrai's not Optimus Prime, so I'd rather have a new mould.

Well no, technically he's an engine block :p - But the Transtector he combines with sure does look like Prime/Convoy. ;)

Tfiguy
1st June 2014, 06:01 PM
Trannis!

There aren't too many truly obscure Transformers from the G1 cartoon -- almost all of them appear in more than one medium. The only ones I can think of would be the Giant Decepticon Warrior (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Giant_Decepticon_Soldier) and Warrior (http://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2/1/17/DivideandConquer_SympatheticDecepticon.jpg) (who, despite appearances, is not part of Reflector; or at least not Spyglass, Spectro or Viewfinder).

lol I'd never even heard of Giant Decepticon Soldier until then. They put a lot of thought into his name.

BigTransformerTrev
1st June 2014, 08:19 PM
Trannis!

Heh - I remember that commercial with the big leg that looked like it was made out of cardboard :p I suppose if we put in Con's that were in Hasbro ad's you could chuck in the Powermasters, Seacons, Pretenders etc

Who the hell is Trannis? :confused:

Maybe the most obscure Con from the Hasbro cartoon is actually Flywheels - he was in the opening credits for season four but was never actually in an episode, or get any dialogue like the Reflector wannabe :D Of course there are also Acid Rain's mates who only had that appearance as well.

GoktimusPrime
1st June 2014, 09:55 PM
Powermasters, Seacons, Pretenders and Flywheels aren't obscure, since they exist in more than one medium.

Trannis was the young Decepticon warlord who took over after Megatron left Cybertron to chase the Ark. The Autobot Council, which had previously subjugated command to a now MIA Optimus Prime, resumed control -- effectively allowing for Trannis to conquer Iacon where he had the members of the Council executed, except for Councillor Xaaron who fled before the fall of Iacon. With the Council dissolved, Xaaron assumed a new title of Emirate, and founded the underground Autobot resistance including their special ops unit, the Wreckers. The Wreckers assassinated Trannis, who was then succeeded by Straxus.

I would've nominated Straxus, but he's technically no longer obscure since Hasbro made a Generations toy of him (Darkmount); and surprising even TakaraTOMY released their version (United Straxus) despite this character not appearing at all in Japanese continuity! :eek:

I'd also like to nominate Fang... he could come with a small PVC figurine of the Piano Transformer (Pianor?) that he beats the tar out of at Maccadam's. ;)

BigTransformerTrev
1st June 2014, 10:06 PM
Powermasters, Seacons, Pretenders and Flywheels aren't obscure, since they exist in more than one medium.

Trannis was the young Decepticon warlord who took over after Megatron left Cybertron to chase the Ark. The Autobot Council, which had previously subjugated command to a now MIA Optimus Prime, resumed control -- effectively allowing for Trannis to conquer Iacon where he had the members of the Council executed, except for Councillor Xaaron who fled before the fall of Iacon. With the Council dissolved, Xaaron assumed a new title of Emirate, and founded the underground Autobot resistance including their special ops unit, the Wreckers. The Wreckers assassinated Trannis, who was then succeeded by Straxus.

I would've nominated Straxus, but he's technically no longer obscure since Hasbro made a Generations toy of him (Darkmount); and surprising even TakaraTOMY released their version (United Straxus) despite this character not appearing at all in Japanese continuity! :eek:

I'd also like to nominate Fang... he could come with a small PVC figurine of the Piano Transformer (Pianor?) that he beats the tar out of at Maccadam's. ;)

Ah, I see the confusion. I thought we were still talking about obscure G1 Decepticons where their obscurity was determined in regards to the number of their appearances in the G1 American Cartoon (see below).

I suppose the other really obscure G1 Hasbro Cartoon Decepticon Characters would be Wingspan & Pounce as I think they were only in one episode as well. Scorponok was in two though he only appeared briefly at the end of one of those.

Overkill
Slugfest
Runamuck
Runabout
Pounce
Wingpan
Scorponok

Maybe the most obscure Con from the Hasbro cartoon is actually Flywheels - he was in the opening credits for season four but was never actually in an episode, or get any dialogue like the Reflector wannabe :D Of course there are also Acid Rain's mates who only had that appearance as well.

I might have to look up this Trannis fellow though - the character sounds quite interesting :) It would be quite a coup to get a MP of a character that had only ever appeared in comics!

GoktimusPrime
1st June 2014, 11:37 PM
HasTak gave us MP Grimlock w/ the Marvel Comic "King Grimlock" crown, so who knows... perhaps a comic exclusive MP toy might happen. Okay, pretty damn unlikely. We're more likely to get an obscure character from the G1 cartoon, which really limits the choices if we're looking at truly obscure G1 toon 'Cons. Warrior is doable... if they ever did an MP Reflector, they could take one of the robots and redeco it and sell it individually. ;) AFAIK Giant Decepticon Soldier never appeared in the Japanese toy ads, which would arguably make it less viable than other already-not-terribly-viable ideas for Obscure Toon Deceps. :p Sinnertwin's suggestion of Death Cobra might work. It's a properly obscure Decepticon from the G1 Japanese anime series. Only ever appeared in one episode where he was killed by Hellbat. Perhaps if they ever made an MP Lio Kaiser they could produce an MP Death Cobra as part of a limited gift set. Problem is that you can't really retool any of the existing Breast Forcers into Death Cobra he was the only Decepticon Breast Force member who was an Apache helicopter (whereas Gaihawk, Hellbat and Leozak are jets, and of course the others are all non-fliers).

What about MP Super Megatron and Ultra Megatron? They exist in the Japanese cartoon continuity, even though didn't appear in the cartoon themselves. Although of course, Megatron himself is far from being an obscure character, but those versions of him are obscure. ;)

CaminusPrime
18th August 2014, 10:43 AM
Exactly what the title says, what do you think will be in next years hasbro MP lineup?

Last year, acid storm and soundwave were released and this year prowl, sun storm and grimlock.

I think that it could keep a trend of releasing a large MP (like grimlock, soundwave, optimus, Magnus or rodimus) a seeker and a small MP (Datsun cars, sideswipe, bee and wheeljack) each year.

Personally I think optimus, any seeker at this point and sideswipe are likely to be released later next year.

unexpectedpanda
18th August 2014, 11:04 AM
If Hasbro beats TT to MP-11 Skywarp as well, I will be slightly miffed. Show some Deceptilove guys!

I don't know if they'll continue with the Datsuns. Prowl definitely has the most fame and is looking to be a shelf warmer for Hasbro. Perhaps everyone who cared already went TT.

There's been talk about Sideswipe for quite a while. Given his appealing alt mode I'm guessing it's just a matter of sorting out licensing. Would be surprised not to see him next year.

Bumblebee and Magnus are a given eventually, I think.

So for next year I'll go out on a limb and say... Ice Storm and Sideswipe, with either Ultra Magnus or Bumblebee thrown in the mix.

Or hell, Magnus/Bee two pack?

Bidoofdude
18th August 2014, 07:03 PM
Skywarp. Instabuy for me. I wouldn't mind them throwing Rodimus Prime (with the trailer, AS Rodimus Prime) at us again with some fixes. Sideswipe, Bumbleebee. Wouldn't mind the latter with a more greeny yellow like his cartoon appearance.

DELTAprime
24th August 2014, 11:10 AM
I doubt we will see Hasbro redo Skywarp. Last time Hasbro did him he shelf warmed so badly Walmart offloaded their stock to US discount stores that sold him for less than the price of a Deluxe. Also Hasbro doesn't seem to be interested in doing MP's for a second time unless their name is Optimus Prime or Grimlock.

autobreadticon
24th August 2014, 01:20 PM
Hopefully we will see Soundblaster

liegeprime
25th August 2014, 10:04 AM
A cheaper SoundBlaster and hopefully with more cassettrons included - Ratbat, A recolour of Ratbat - Wingthing , A recolour Frenzy/rumble into Enemy and a blue Ravage - Howlback.. or scratch that... since that mould is horrendous, make it a blue Laserbeak - Garboil. That will sell if only for the cassettrons heheh.

Sideswipe maybe, and if things go well Wheeljack and Bumblebee.

Because there's a lot of potential those two can fit easy in their generic sized box for MPs and still follow their rule of selling us lots of Airspace. Magnus would probably be too cramped, and they'll have to spend a lot in making a new box for him to fit so it's a big maybe for him. After all, they have to sell air as much as they can and Magnus displaces it too much of it in that box. :rolleyes:

Trent
25th August 2014, 01:41 PM
Ultra Magnus, Bumblebee and maybe Sideswipe. Throw in a re-release of Optimus Prime and we're done ;)

GoktimusPrime
25th August 2014, 02:10 PM
I'd like to see Hasbro release an MP Cassette pack with just repaints of the Cassettes (thus not necessitating buying a repaint of MP Soundwave (e.g. Soundblaster) to get them). A single box set could include all the characters that liegeprime suggested; 5 cassettes.

Sinnertwin
25th August 2014, 02:25 PM
'Swipe, 'Bee, Magnus and another Seeker repaint or two. They may even drag ol' Optimus out for another run

Bidoofdude
25th August 2014, 06:34 PM
I doubt we will see Hasbro redo Skywarp. Last time Hasbro did him he shelf warmed so badly Walmart offloaded their stock to US discount stores that sold him for less than the price of a Deluxe. Also Hasbro doesn't seem to be interested in doing MP's for a second time unless their name is Optimus Prime or Grimlock.

Wasn't that because they majorly overstocked and charged way too much at first? If they have the balls to release Acid Storm (especially with it's un-GEEWUN patterns), they certainly wouldn't have a problem doing Skywarp again.

Verno
6th September 2014, 02:55 PM
Bludgeon and Thunderwing.

MayzaPrime
6th September 2014, 05:15 PM
A cheaper SoundBlaster and hopefully with more cassettrons included - Ratbat, A recolour of Ratbat - Wingthing , A recolour Frenzy/rumble into Enemy and a blue Ravage - Howlback.. or scratch that... since that mould is horrendous, make it a blue Laserbeak - Garboil. That will sell if only for the cassettrons heheh.

Sideswipe maybe, and if things go well Wheeljack and Bumblebee.

Because there's a lot of potential those two can fit easy in their generic sized box for MPs and still follow their rule of selling us lots of Airspace. Magnus would probably be too cramped, and they'll have to spend a lot in making a new box for him to fit so it's a big maybe for him. After all, they have to sell air as much as they can and Magnus displaces it too much of it in that box. :rolleyes:

I would love a Soundblaster with Wingthing and Enemy just like the encore version.

Ultra Mackness
13th September 2014, 07:04 AM
The other day in my new parent sleep deprived state of semi-consciousness I thought of a thoroughly compelling reason why Jazz would be in the MP line up for next year.

I can't for the life of me remember what that reason was, but I'll stick to it. Jazz for next year.

Jenko21
13th November 2014, 11:46 PM
So I was talking to the owner of my local collectibles store and he asked me a question that really got me thinking.... "what would u like to see as the next masterpiece release?" Now a few bots popped into my head, obviously with the release of the 30th anniversary gold megs available soon Galvatron would be an unlikely choice but that being said personally id like to see a few more cons grace my display cabinet but who knows....

CBratron
14th November 2014, 12:01 AM
Sunstreaker. Ever since Sideswipe there's been a need for Sunstreaker. Tigertrack doesn't count.

Zommael
14th November 2014, 12:05 AM
I have been waiting for years for a decent update to Galvatron, or at least a better one than Energon/Superlink Galvatron. If not next, please ffs let it at least be next year. I literally could not care less about more season 1 characters.

Raider
14th November 2014, 12:13 AM
What it should be is a scaled version of Megs to match MP-10 and the masterpieces issued since. What it will be.... probably another repaint...

Jenko21
14th November 2014, 08:40 AM
Id love to see jazz, jazz has always been my favorite (pretty sure im not alone lol) but I was thinking maybe cyclonus? Or even an insecticon. So many options.....

UltraMarginal
14th November 2014, 10:21 AM
Given that they now seem to have the license for vw (which is owned by porche, or the other way around I'm not sure) I'd love to see a Jazz. Something a bit different would be great too, maybe an ironhide or inferno, both have good repaint options.

I'd like to see the coneheads make a showing as well, or maybe insecticons, we need more MP Decepticons

xlojnr
14th November 2014, 10:29 AM
ironhide would be great! and that could transition into ratchet.

Sky Shadow
14th November 2014, 10:31 AM
Masterpiece Lugnut. Still (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?p=59012#post59012).

liegeprime
14th November 2014, 10:40 AM
I want to see the coneheads finally get an MP figure .... even 3rd party companies beat HasTak to it.... f not then MP Jazz... hopefully with that hook reel accessory and comes with the loudspeakers for both bot mode and carmode - lights and sound attack! heheh

Jenko21
14th November 2014, 10:45 AM
Ironhide would be good, warpath even. Hahaha coneheads would be awesome but It would have to be a new mould.

Id also like to see a swindle or a brawl

Megatran
14th November 2014, 01:13 PM
The rest of the minibots.

Golden Phoenix
14th November 2014, 01:43 PM
I'd like to see some more Decepticon moulds, just to balance it out.

There are only really 3 Decepticon moulds (excluding the micro-cassettes and the re-tooled seeker mould) compaired to 7 Autobot moulds (10 after Bumblebee, Magnus, and Star Saber get released).

Maybe the insecticons, or Shockwave

Thurmus
14th November 2014, 02:23 PM
I was thinking about this the other day.

I thought there needs to be more Decepticons, but I was trying to think who other than a jet they could make that wasn't a combiner.

On the Autobot side, Sunstreaker or Jazz would be my first preference. I think Hound was really well covered as an alternator. Mirage would be tricky I would think. Blaster would be cool.

CoRDS
14th November 2014, 03:09 PM
more decepticons

MP EVERYTHING from the 80s cartoon.

GoktimusPrime
14th November 2014, 04:40 PM
I'd like to see the rest of the 1st year Autobots being developed as MPs since they've already done all the 1st Year Decepticons. :o Of course, "first year" for the Japanese is 1985, but a lot of 1984 moulds could easily be retooled as 85 characters, as we've seen w/ the MP Lambos and Datsuns. :)
e.g. Trailbreaker ---> Hoist
And a lot of the Mini-Bots could also be retooled as '86 Mini-Bots too.
e.g.
Cliffjumper ---> Hubcap
Brawn ---> Outback
Gears ---> Swerve
etc.

And don't forget to access TakaraTOMY's online survey (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=201) to directly let them know which characters you would like to see them develop as future MPs. :)

autobreadticon
14th November 2014, 06:19 PM
alot of people on TFW2005 are in agreement that it should be Reflector, Im with them on that,

definitely has to be a Decepticon tho

MayzaPrime
14th November 2014, 06:26 PM
MP Blaster with Ramhorn, Steeljaw, Eject and Rewind

If Takara were going to release it the same way they did MP Soundwave and the cassettes, I could always deal with a Sundor (orange repaint of Laserbeak)

Jenko21
14th November 2014, 06:33 PM
alot of people on TFW2005 are in agreement that it should be Reflector, Im with them on that,

definitely has to be a Decepticon tho

Yep could totally see Reflector as a MP, I heard someone say tripticon but I cant see that

Ode to a Grasshopper
14th November 2014, 10:44 PM
MP Animated Strika and Lugnut.

A man can dream...

MP Blaster with Ramhorn, Steeljaw, Eject and Rewind

If Takara were going to release it the same way they did MP Soundwave and the cassettes, I could always deal with a Sundor (orange repaint of Laserbeak)I could also go with this, along with the remaining cassettes (Slugfest, Overkill, combining Beastbox/Squalktalk for Soundwave, and a combining Grandslam/Raindance for Blaster.

From a HasTakTom commercial PoV, I'd go for Ironhide/Ratchet. Obvious remold right off the bat, and some decent repaint potential.

From a plausible-toy-that-I-actually-want PoV, I'd like to see an MP Astrotrain.

MayzaPrime
15th November 2014, 11:52 AM
MP Animated Strika and Lugnut.

A man can dream...
I could also go with this, along with the remaining cassettes (Slugfest, Overkill, combining Beastbox/Squalktalk for Soundwave, and a combining Grandslam/Raindance for Blaster.

From a HasTakTom commercial PoV, I'd go for Ironhide/Ratchet. Obvious remold right off the bat, and some decent repaint potential.

From a plausible-toy-that-I-actually-want PoV, I'd like to see an MP Astrotrain.

I would also like to see the rest of the cassettes released, but after we get Megatron 2.0 and the rest of the class of 84 :D

I agree a MP Astrotrain would be awesome, but there would have to be a Blitzwing release as well. I would love some MP triple changers :D

TBH I would be happy with any MP of the rest of the 84 cast.

Jetfire in the sky
15th November 2014, 05:21 PM
I'd like to see the rest of the 1st year Autobots being developed as MPs since they've already done all the 1st Year Decepticons. :o Of course, "first year" for the Japanese is 1985, but a lot of 1984 moulds could easily be retooled as 85 characters, as we've seen w/ the MP Lambos and Datsuns. :)
e.g. Trailbreaker ---> Hoist
And a lot of the Mini-Bots could also be retooled as '86 Mini-Bots too.
e.g.
Cliffjumper ---> Hubcap
Brawn ---> Outback
Gears ---> Swerve
etc.

And don't forget to access TakaraTOMY's online survey (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=201) to directly let them know which characters you would like to see them develop as future MPs. :)

I have to say this is the likely route from a business point of view. The mini vehicles may be hard with accuracy for licensing, given they were from the "super deformed" line pre TF. Hence MP Bee looking very long in Alt mode.
Personally I'd like an MP Galvatron.

drifand
15th November 2014, 09:57 PM
Deceptions >
Galvetron
Insecticons
Astro train
Reflector
Or constructions be daring and get the ball rolling

Autobots>
Jazz
Mirage
Tracks
Perceptor
Ironhide
Ratchet
Jet fire with possible repaint with deception version

xlojnr
16th November 2014, 12:07 AM
i would be extremely impressed by the engineering involved to get a decent masterpiece quality triple changer out.

dirge
16th November 2014, 11:14 PM
I want to see more of the "cars". Jazz, Tracks, Trailbreaker. Ideally all 18 though I suspect Grapple/Inferno/Mirage are long shots.

5FDP
17th November 2014, 09:51 AM
I'd be more than happy with either / all of these - Shockwave, Astrotrain, or Tracks :cool:

Jenko21
17th November 2014, 06:49 PM
I want to see more of the "cars". Jazz, Tracks, Trailbreaker. Ideally all 18 though I suspect Grapple/Inferno/Mirage are long shots.

I'd love to see a Mirage!!! Mind u I'd love to see all of the originals

Starscream77
17th November 2014, 07:10 PM
Everyone is missing the point
The correct answer is Hound :cool:

drifand
17th November 2014, 07:26 PM
Everyone is missing the point
The correct answer is Hound :cool:

How did we missed the point? And how is it Hound is the correct answer?
Not that I have any issue if hound is the next mp. Just asking.

Ode to a Grasshopper
17th November 2014, 08:31 PM
Meh, I still like the Alternators Hound.

Kranix
17th November 2014, 08:38 PM
If mp-25 was an Autobot, Jazz for sure or failing that Tracks. A Decepticon makes it harder now that it seems we wont see an mp-11 version of TT Skywwarp or Thundercracker, megatron makes sense but hard for us Aussies. I would say the Coneheads or Blitzwing.

griffin
17th November 2014, 10:19 PM
Meh, I still like the Alternators Hound.

I think that might be the justification for them to not prioritise it.
When I took a group shot of "closest fitting" Alternators/Binaltech/Alternity toys with the Autobot Car Masterpiece toys (before Wheeljack), only Hound seemed to fit in. Still a little to big with scale, but was the only non-MP toy to look right in robot mode (and vehicle mode).

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/blog/b799.jpg

UltraMarginal
18th November 2014, 06:05 PM
I think I've finally been convinced to display my Alternators/Binaltech with my MP-01/MP-04 Prime.

drifand
18th November 2014, 06:12 PM
I think I've finally been convinced to display my Alternators/Binaltech with my MP-01/MP-04 Prime.

They were scaled correctly.

I wished all the mp cars were the same scale as mp-10 still doesn't come across as the better figure for me.

Thurmus
18th November 2014, 09:59 PM
Surely one of the Masterpieces for next year will be G1 Cliffjumper being a repaint of Bumblebee.

Jenko21
18th November 2014, 10:40 PM
Surely one of the Masterpieces for next year will be G1 Cliffjumper being a repaint of Bumblebee.

That my friend is a very valid point

Sinnertwin
18th November 2014, 11:00 PM
How did we missed the point? And how is it Hound is the correct answer?
Not that I have any issue if hound is the next mp. Just asking.

Look again, it's right there man, right there.

drifand
18th November 2014, 11:49 PM
Look again, it's right there man, right there.

Hound is doable I think.

Ode to a Grasshopper
19th November 2014, 08:48 AM
Mass release Glyph please (a man can dream).

Paulbot
19th November 2014, 10:12 AM
I think it should be Galvatron. I'd like to see Astrotrain and Blitzwing but I'd also be happy to see Runabout and Runamuck as there own licensed cars and not as repaints of Autobot toys.

But I really just want them to keep making the 1985 range of Autobot Cars. That's my current collecting goal.

drifand
19th November 2014, 10:53 AM
I think it should be Galvatron. I'd like to see Astrotrain and Blitzwing but I'd also be happy to see Runabout and Runamuck as there own licensed cars and not as repaints of Autobot toys.

But I really just want them to keep making the 1985 range of Autobot Cars. That's my current collecting goal.

This would sit nicely for a mp9 reissue.
Kind of disappointing that only seekers and soundwave with a weird exhaust made it to the dark side.

griffin
19th November 2014, 10:54 AM
I'd be a happy fanboy with anything from the first two years as MP toys for the next few years. :D

drifand
19th November 2014, 11:41 AM
I'd be a happy fanboy with anything from the first two years as MP toys for the next few years. :D

They were considering power masters Optimus ,
The latest two mps is a bit scrary, I am thinking if they can't go any further with g1 cars.

On this topic, I would have expected the diaclone bluestreak to be releAsed. I am surprised this hasn't happened.

kurdt_the_goat
19th November 2014, 12:46 PM

Pretty much this - will be happy with whatever they decide to release!

The cars are going nicely though, and so it'd be nice to complete them all - but the order they come out doesn't really matter - though my preference would be for Tracks (blue will give some nice colour variety) and Jazz (another white one but finally getting a proper Porsche will be awesome).

I'd like to see some triple changers because they'd need some unique engineering, but a new Megatron and finally a Galvatron are the biggest gaps i think, so they should come first.

GoktimusPrime
19th November 2014, 01:53 PM
Kind of disappointing that only seekers and soundwave with a weird exhaust made it to the dark side.
Don't forget Megatron and the cassettes. To TakTOM's credit, all of the 1984 Decepticons have now been done as MPs. :) That's why I'd personally like to see the rest of the '84 Autobots done as MPs, just to complete the set of first year Transformers in MP form.

Having said that, "first year" from a Japanese POV is actually 1985; so if they were to aim to achieve realising all the Year 1 toys as MPs, from their market's POV anything from 1985 is fair game (w/ the possible exception of figures which were never released in Japan or appeared in the G1 cartoon, thus would be relatively unknown to the JP market, e.g. Deluxe Insecticons etc.).

But honestly, I'm happy with seeing any of the early (1984-86) G1 characters being done as MPs. :) I also wouldn't mind seeing Japanese exclusive G1 characters being done as MPs (or Classicsverse) because it allows me the opportunity to own these characters, since I have no inclination to pay exhorbitant after-market prices for the original G1s. The only way I collect Japanese G1 toys is if...
* I can find the G1 toy for a cheap price (which has actually happened to me twice :p)
* The toy is reissued
* A modern version of that character is made, e.g. Classicsverse or MP
That's why I'm looking forward to MP Star Sabre; it'd be a much cheaper and probably far superior toy to the G1 figure (which I've never been a fan of; IMO Star Sabre's a pretty poor figure, even by '89 standards ('88's Ginrai/PM Optimus Prime is a much better toy IMHO)). :o

Thurmus
19th November 2014, 02:06 PM
I was wondering if they may do a G2 or tank Megatron because of various gun laws and because there aren't many Decepticon options.

GoktimusPrime
19th November 2014, 04:49 PM
I was wondering if they may do a G2 or tank Megatron because of various gun laws and because there aren't many Decepticon options.
Foreign gun laws (http://www.toyarena.com/images/megatron_16-s.jpg) aren't (http://www.tfw2005.com/resources/attach/4/0/5/9/7/Japane-HobbyMegaplex_1256989074.jpg) an (https://s3.amazonaws.com/tf.images/reduced-image_131_106.jpg) issue (https://s3.amazonaws.com/tf.images/reduced-galery_image_2527_6866.jpg) for (https://s3.amazonaws.com/tf.images/reduced-image_672_106.jpg) TakaraTOMY (https://s3.amazonaws.com/tf.images/reduced-image_124_106.jpg), since it's not legally restricted in Japan.

G2 tank Megatron would be a possibility if enough people voted or nominated it, and indeed, it used to be one of the online poll options a few years back, but has since been removed. I guess not enough people clicked on it. :o

griffin
19th November 2014, 09:20 PM
Foreign gun laws (http://www.toyarena.com/images/megatron_16-s.jpg) aren't (http://www.tfw2005.com/resources/attach/4/0/5/9/7/Japane-HobbyMegaplex_1256989074.jpg) an (https://s3.amazonaws.com/tf.images/reduced-image_131_106.jpg) issue (https://s3.amazonaws.com/tf.images/reduced-galery_image_2527_6866.jpg) for (https://s3.amazonaws.com/tf.images/reduced-image_672_106.jpg) TakaraTOMY (https://s3.amazonaws.com/tf.images/reduced-image_124_106.jpg), since it's not legally restricted in Japan.

G2 tank Megatron would be a possibility if enough people voted or nominated it, and indeed, it used to be one of the online poll options a few years back, but has since been removed. I guess not enough people clicked on it. :o

Legality within Japan or HK is not the issue.
If their numbers people work out that they could sell 200,000 units of a Tank Megatron Masterpiece mould (domestically and globally through their customers, and later by Hasbro using the mould), compared to a maximum 10,000 units of a new Gun Megatron Masterpiece that has limited markets it can be easily imported/sold in (TakaraTomy's customers will only buy enough to sell domestically, and Hasbro won't be using the mould later).... which mould do you think they would spend their money creating?

Tober
19th November 2014, 09:52 PM
I'd be a happy fanboy with anything from the first as MP toys for the next few years. :D

Wasn't there an interview with Shogo Hasui where he said he was working towards completing the first season MP Transformers? I think licensing is what stands in the way more than anything.

Here it is (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-news-rumors/832190-takaratomy-staff-interview-shogo-hasui-masterpiece.html), near the bottom.

To TakTOM's credit, all of the 1984 Decepticons have now been done as MPs. :) That's why I'd personally like to see the rest of the '84 Autobots done as MPs, just to complete the set of first year Transformers in MP form.

Were Shockwave and Reflector 1984/5 bots to Takara? Devestator?

GoktimusPrime
19th November 2014, 11:26 PM
IIRC Takara's online poll did feature an option for G2 Megatron as early as MP03 Starscream, but since then that option's disappeared. So I can only guess that there wasn't sufficient interest, but it does show that Takara was considering it at one stage. :o

Were Shockwave and Reflector 1984/5 bots to Takara? Devestator?
Yes, they were all 1985 first year figures in Japan. Japan did get Reflector (http://www.mandarake.co.jp/information/event/2011/cmp_110326/image/f8_toy/p15.jpg) in 1985 as a regular store-release set, whereas of course we didn't get them until 1986 as a mail-away exclusive (http://images.comiccollectorlive.com/covers/6b7/6b782810-b73c-4d13-b302-b33c82ecbd20.jpg).

liegeprime
20th November 2014, 06:02 AM
I guess then that we are all most in agreement that we want the first year autobot Ark crew - any one who hasn't been done yet

and as well as the 1st year Nemesis crew (those who aren't done yet) and then some of the 2nd year's batch :) - triple changers, coneheads, insecticons just to add more bulk to the decepticon ranks and even things out.
http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah155/liegeprime1/Transformers%20Stuff/DSC05893_zpsc0aff8f4.jpg (http://s1379.photobucket.com/user/liegeprime1/media/Transformers%20Stuff/DSC05893_zpsc0aff8f4.jpg.html)

http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah155/liegeprime1/Transformers%20Stuff/DSC05902_zpsb7b731ca.jpg (http://s1379.photobucket.com/user/liegeprime1/media/Transformers%20Stuff/DSC05902_zpsb7b731ca.jpg.html)
http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah155/liegeprime1/Transformers%20Stuff/DSC05905_zpsd724b1d7.jpg (http://s1379.photobucket.com/user/liegeprime1/media/Transformers%20Stuff/DSC05905_zpsd724b1d7.jpg.html)

meanwhile Ive run out of space for MPs..... hmmmm might have to pack up the Bayverse TFs ... again :p

Jenko21
20th November 2014, 09:57 AM
Id like to see maybe an aerialbot, we have all the seekers and spark hunters it only seems fair (after a few more cons) that we see air raid.

Sky Shadow
20th November 2014, 10:30 AM
The Decepticons need Spectro, Viewfinder and Spyglass. I'd love a Ratchet, but only if he was designed to transform into toy-style cab and repair bay, that both combine into a character-modelesque robot.

griffin
20th November 2014, 05:23 PM
If you go by first cartoon episode or first comic issue, Shockwave is a must as well.

Was Shockwave the only toy seen (cartoon) or referred to (comic) in both that wasn't in the 1984 line-up of toys?

Reflector and Grapple (as Hauler, maybe before his toy name was known or registered (http://s90690880.onlinehome.us/jhiaxus/uscartoon/hauler.htm)) were in the 1st cartoon episode but not the 1st comic issue, so could be runners up.

Bidoofdude
20th November 2014, 09:51 PM
- Galvatron
- Megatron
- Cyclonus
- Blitzwing or Astrotrain

UltraMarginal
20th November 2014, 10:12 PM
The Decepticons need Spectro, Viewfinder and Spyglass. I'd love a Ratchet, but only if he was designed to transform into toy-style cab and repair bay, that both combine into a character-modelesque robot.

you don't ask for much do you:eek::rolleyes::D

GoktimusPrime
19th January 2015, 09:04 AM
Rumour has come out speculating:
MP-25 Tracks
MP-26 Road Rage
MP-27 Ironhide
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/rumour-takara-tomy-masterpiece-mp25-tracks-mp26-red-tracks-roadrage-mp27-ironhide/32016/

nexusnixx
19th January 2015, 09:23 AM
Rumour has come out speculating:
MP-25 Tracks
MP-26 Road Rage
MP-27 Ironhide
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/rumour-takara-tomy-masterpiece-mp25-tracks-mp26-red-tracks-roadrage-mp27-ironhide/32016/

Ha ha it initially started with jazz but so far this rumour with the picture makes it slightly closer to the target. Apparently suppliers have been told about them already but been told to keep mum about it.

Omega Metro
19th January 2015, 09:40 AM
Hope so. Any Autobot MPs are welcome in my house.:)

drifand
19th January 2015, 09:52 AM
Tracks and ironhide only for me. And I am down to two/three more cars and that's it.

Akky82
19th January 2015, 09:58 AM
Tracks and roadrage would make my year!

Side note about these 2 chars, I looked for tracks everywhere as a kid but couldnt find him, ended up buying ironhide one day and finding tracks the next but parents wouldnt let me have it and i never saw one again (very regretful, impulse buying as a kid without even looking at ironhide's robot mode on the box...).

bassbot
19th January 2015, 10:05 AM
Would love probably to get both Tracks and Ironhide here. Missed out on Wheeljack so far so an early pre-order for these may be the way to go. I REALLY want an MP Jazz and more decepticons though

tangy
19th January 2015, 10:53 AM
MP tracks?! - I could stop collecting if that happens...

drifand
19th January 2015, 11:06 AM
Would love probably to get both Tracks and Ironhide here. Missed out on Wheeljack so far so an early pre-order for these may be the way to go. I REALLY want an MP Jazz and more decepticons though

It yeah it's actually the most affordable way to obtain one. Decide now, order and then look back at the thread at people trying to get one and can't .

You guys are Really lucky, if they were anything like macross pieces everyone will be so in pain as those toys get snap up at pre order in seconds and NONE left.

Don't leave masterpiece to last minute, not worth it.

drifand
19th January 2015, 11:08 AM
MP tracks?! - I could stop collecting if that happens...

What do you have in mind?

Akky82
19th January 2015, 11:11 AM
What do you have in mind?

I feel a bit the same, I'm not a completionist, I'm starting to pick and choose MP's and 3P MP (like fanstoys, i'll get reflector to fill out deceps but not perceptor), tracks is one i've been waiting for so much.

Just hope they have some kind of hole or something to attach flying car to a stand.

drifand
19th January 2015, 11:18 AM
Jazz , hound and ratchet are my absolute last cars,
Obviously jazz name will not be use again on the box but it's never an issue for me.

Sure a mp jetfire will probably itch my fingers but that was it for cars.

Decepticons have been a boring lot. It is lousy to know I be sucked in for a scaled megatron but that's about it. The thought about combiner mps has faded for me as a want list.

Sinnertwin
19th January 2015, 12:15 PM
LoL.

Kranix
19th January 2015, 12:27 PM
Tracks and roadrage would make my year!

Side note about these 2 chars, I looked for tracks everywhere as a kid but couldnt find him, ended up buying ironhide one day and finding tracks the next but parents wouldnt let me have it and i never saw one again (very regretful, impulse buying as a kid without even looking at ironhide's robot mode on the box...).

LOL! I had a similar story, looked everywhere for Tracks but could only find the S3 bots at that time, found Ironhide buried away and with more S3 bots at a hobby store so it was bought for me, never got Tracks until he was re-issued and still think he is an awesome TF.

Gofigure
19th January 2015, 12:34 PM
Any new MP G1 I'm all over without question

Ironhide and tracks? Awesome. Love being a 38 year old man/child during these present times :p

spiderken17
19th January 2015, 01:12 PM
Tracks would be great, I would probably pass on Roadrage having no connection to the character, ironhide was on my wish list and I speculated him as the mould can be used to make Ratchet as well.
I would really enjoy some more Deception MP's though. I only have 3 seekers and Soundwave. They need more variety.

kurdt_the_goat
19th January 2015, 01:38 PM
Tracks would be great! As a kid i always wanted him but when i got back into collecting, had forgotten names and things. I saw some Binaltech in a hobby shop soon after i started collecting again. I was blown away - thinking TF's had forsaken diecast and real world vehicles.

They had the blue and yellow Tracks; not knowing anything, i just thought the yellow one looked cooler so i bought that one. It wasn't until later that i realised it was the same character as the toy i wanted as a kid, and i'd bought the "wrong" colour. Still, was extremely happy with that toy and it does look great - but I sure would love a proper blue Corvette :)

Akky82
19th January 2015, 01:53 PM
Tracks would be great, I would probably pass on Roadrage having no connection to the character, ironhide was on my wish list and I speculated him as the mould can be used to make Ratchet as well.
I would really enjoy some more Deception MP's though. I only have 3 seekers and Soundwave. They need more variety.

I have no connection either, I just plan on having a Dai Stack somewhere downstairs with diaclone colour cars on it that i can just play around with (ie. toger track, road rage, exhaust, blue bluestreak would be cool), sucks dai stack only holds 3.

As for the more decepticons comment, thats my same feeling why I'm slowing down and picked up more seekers, pre-ordered apolyon, not-reflector, and am sourcing a quakewave. Balance issues.

UltraMarginal
19th January 2015, 02:38 PM
Any new MP G1 I'm all over without question

Ironhide and tracks? Awesome. Love being a 38 year old man/child during these present times :p

The numbers only marginally lower but I couldn't agree more!

Robzy
19th January 2015, 03:10 PM
Tracks and Ironhide (and hopefully Ratchet) would be most welcome.

CBratron
19th January 2015, 03:16 PM
I'm not expecting anything until these are no longer rumour but Sunstreaker and Ironhide/Ratchet would be most welcome.

tootz_05
19th January 2015, 03:18 PM
Man Id be happy with any of the G1 moulds of masterpiece! Love their figures!!! esp scale wise & note to detail!

Chevron Action Flash
19th January 2015, 05:10 PM
Tracks and Ironhide would be cool but weren't rumours previously suggesting that Takara would be swinging back to MP deceptions? What happened to the MP25 Megatron rumour?

I know Tracks would get a guernsey ahead of Jazz due to the re-useablity of the mould but c'mon…gimme JAZZ!

drifand
19th January 2015, 06:12 PM
Tracks and Ironhide would be cool but weren't rumours previously suggesting that Takara would be swinging back to MP deceptions? What happened to the MP25 Megatron rumour?

I know Tracks would get a guernsey ahead of Jazz due to the re-useablity of the mould but c'mon…gimme JAZZ!

Someone badly wanted the Megatron rumour to be true I say thats what happened.

Yeah they could do a black Jazz version though, I think I remembered seeing it on the Transformers legends game app. However, I am only after the main Jazz. Thought Ironhide and ratchet would come hand in hand.

SharkyMcShark
19th January 2015, 06:18 PM
MP25 Hot Rod do over would be my preference. Give us a not terrible (dedicated) Hot Rod for goodness sake.

After that Jazz or Sunstreaker or any sports car really. Wouldn't mind Cliffjumper from the BB mold either.

Seriously though how have they not done Galvatron yet? No licensing issues, relatively simple design, iconic character - seems like a gimme.

crankcase76
19th January 2015, 06:20 PM
http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd430/megatron84/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsc74a27b6.jpg (http://s1219.photobucket.com/user/megatron84/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsc74a27b6.jpg.html)

Please take my money!!!!! I will get these as well.....:rolleyes:

But i do wish for more Decepticons.:)

Chevron Action Flash
19th January 2015, 06:24 PM
Galvatron would be AMAZING. And yeah, they gotta adapt the Bumblebee mould and give us Cliffjumper.

drifand
19th January 2015, 06:29 PM
First Decepticon with matrix included. lol

Lord_Zed
19th January 2015, 06:38 PM
More Autobot MP cars would be welcomed, as previous releases have all been good. I assumed Tracks was inevitable as TakTom has never seemed to struggle getting the Corvette license, so his release seems inevitable to me.

Ironhide would be cool, though I still need tangible proof before I can believe it.

I would still prefer to see Jazz though, Prime needs his right hand bot, and old Porsche's are cool.

Starscream77
19th January 2015, 06:47 PM
We love our rumours don't we. It's fun to see everyone grab the ball and run with it :D

But as always my comment is where is my MP Hound !?!?

Gofigure
19th January 2015, 06:51 PM
We love our rumours don't we. It's fun to see everyone grab the ball and run with it :D

But as always my comment is where is my MP Hound !?!?

MP hound......how.......rad......

(Passes out)

GoktimusPrime
19th January 2015, 07:10 PM
I deliberately put the word "rumour" in the thread topic and in bold on the first post. But yeah, just remember folks that this is nothing more than speculative rumour atm, so please regard it as such. :)

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/meme_salt_zpsf68d2f5b.jpg

5FDP
19th January 2015, 08:10 PM
As I've said (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showpost.php?p=153575&postcount=3) before (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showpost.php?p=337741&postcount=6), Tracks would be an absolute MUST buy for me :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Bladestorm
19th January 2015, 08:26 PM
Leakin' lubricants!!

Please be Ironhide... PLEASE BE IRONHIDE! Instant sale for me if/when they release him.
And if they happen to release his twinny as well - old Ratchet - I'd be a VERY happy girl indeedy!

Ode to a Grasshopper
19th January 2015, 08:33 PM
Hope the rumours are true...still happy with BT Tracks and Hunt for the Decepticons Recon Ironhide for the Odieverse, but I could go a Road Rage. More fembots are always welcome.:)

Defcon
19th January 2015, 08:57 PM
Must have Ironhide, definitely needs a modern update. But lets have some more decepticons ;)

M-bot
19th January 2015, 09:05 PM
Road Rage is red Tracks, right? If so, I can't imagine why he wouldn't be MP-25R or something rather than 26. I've seen a version of this rumour on Facebook where Road Rage was given a letter designation, so it seems to be morphing over the last day or so. Big pinch of salt.

That being said, I would've thought with Star Sabre and the Wheeljack repaint (whose name escapes me just now) due out very soon, we'd have a reasonable idea of the next MPs by now, maybe even some teaser shots.

spiderken17
19th January 2015, 09:11 PM
An MP Jazz could be made into Stepper.

GoktimusPrime
19th January 2015, 09:46 PM
Okay, just for fun, what kind of accessories or features would you like to see included in these MPs?

Tracks: toy-accurate face plate (similar to Bumblebee). Amazon/HAS Asia exclusive may also come w/ a black toy-accurate face plate, resembling Tracks' G1 box/tech specs art.

Road Rage: female face plate (http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/b/b1/BattleLines1RoadRageandSideBurn.jpg)

Ironhide: Toy-accurate face. :)
Also, please consider voting on the MP Ironhide/Ratchet head preference poll (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=18123). As Sky Shadow pointed out (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showpost.php?p=405069&postcount=15) on that thread, Ironhide and Ratchet's cartoon bodies aren't exactly identicalm which means that it'd be good if they could do more than just different heads; differences in legs, waists etc. -- they did make these subtle differences for MP Prowl/Bluestreak/Smokescreen, so it does seem plausible that they could do something similar for MP Ironhide/Ratchet.

But there's another question I'd like to ask... best to start a new poll/thread for it. :)

Ultra Mackness
21st January 2015, 07:32 AM
I'm really hoping these turn out to be true as the connection to '84 and '85 G1 is what keeps me coming back to the MP line (I still can't convince myself that Star Sabre and Exhaust are worth it - I just don't feel anything when I look at either of them).

In terms of accessories, for Tracks and Road Rage, I'd love to see something similar to Wheeljack (and MP1) where a face is under the battle mask. Not sure about Ironhide/Ratchet, hopefully I'm pleasantly surprised by whatever TakTom decide!

ILikeSoundwave
21st January 2015, 07:38 AM
I hope Tracks comes with a mini Boombox Blaster.

Paulbot
21st January 2015, 08:04 AM
Because you can never have enough rumour, Seibertron.com (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/products-and-images-from-the-2015-uk-toy-fair/32020/) has posted:

That’s all we’ve got for confirmed news for now, but read on for rumors and speculation from an anonymous, but reliable, source.

**The following is rumor and should not be considered speculation until officially confirmed.**

Rumor has it that besides the already much-speculated upcoming releases of Takara Masterpiece Tracks and Masterpiece Ironhide, that we could see Tank Megatron, Ratchet, Shockwave, Blitzwing, and Galvatron.

Trent
21st January 2015, 08:15 AM
Because you can never have enough rumour, Seibertron.com (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/products-and-images-from-the-2015-uk-toy-fair/32020/) has posted:

WTF? People are just pulling names out of the air now I swear. We've had people confirm MP-25 is going to be Megs, Ironhide and Tracks. All of these sources are "reliable" too. Masterpiece speculation should be a club you join. Membership gets you a tin foil hat and a large sign that says "sucker" :rolleyes:

drahsrebu
21st January 2015, 08:59 AM
Latest MP info from the Hong Kong

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/generations-classics-44/new-transformers-product-details-from-hong-kong-event-titan-devastator-reisssues-masterpiece-181885/

Lord_Zed
21st January 2015, 09:45 AM

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/generations-classics-44/new-transformers-product-details-from-hong-kong-event-titan-devastator-reisssues-masterpiece-181885/

Unfortunately with so many MP rumours mentioned we can't be sure which new MP is confirmed by the author of this new infomation, although if he comes with a human and a mini boom box Blaster then Tracks or Ironhide are most likely. I'm guessing Tracks will be confirmed, but an Ironhide with a Blaster boombox and Chip Chase that fit in the back of the van would also be kinda cool.:D

Quote:
That’s all we’ve got for confirmed news for now, but read on for rumors and speculation from an anonymous, but reliable, source.

**The following is rumor and should not be considered speculation until officially confirmed.**

Rumor has it that besides the already much-speculated upcoming releases of Takara Masterpiece Tracks and Masterpiece Ironhide, that we could see Tank Megatron, Ratchet, Shockwave, Blitzwing, and Galvatron.

What, no Time Warrior?

drifand
21st January 2015, 11:41 AM
Remember folks is just rumours, mp-10 got shot down when rumours were real .

Thurmus
21st January 2015, 01:55 PM

No info comes out of Japan unless it is translated by Goktimus Prime.

Sinnertwin
21st January 2015, 02:14 PM
WTF? People are just pulling names out of the air now I swear. We've had people confirm MP-25 is going to be Megs, Ironhide and Tracks. All of these sources are "reliable" too. Masterpiece speculation should be a club you join. Membership gets you a tin foil hat and a large sign that says "sucker" :rolleyes:

LoL :D
People are just taking the piss now and sitting back & laughing at what's going on.
On the other side of the coin, if they were designed, we won't see the likes of Megatron, Blitzwing, Shockwave and Galvatron until 2016/17/18 if we use Takara's conservative release schedule for new moulds as a basis.

Raider
21st January 2015, 04:18 PM
I just wish they could provide us with like a road map into the next few years that sets out what goals they have and what Masterpiece Transformers they are considering for the line. Each time I consider buying a 3P piece I have a debate in my mind over the likelihood that an official version will be released.

If we had an idea what pieces they were looking into doing, without the need for confirmation that they will be made, it gives us a little more information to whet our appetite and understanding about the direction they are taking the series. Then again they may not even know themselves...

kurdt_the_goat
21st January 2015, 04:40 PM
Wow, they're really going on a binge with the human figures. If that news is accurate anyway - i can't say i'd ever thought we'd get a Raoul figure! I guess Tracks doesn't have that many episodes to himself though, actually that's probably the only one isn't it!

Defcon
21st January 2015, 05:20 PM
I just wish they could provide us with like a road map into the next few years that sets out what goals they have and what Masterpiece Transformers they are considering for the line. Each time I consider buying a 3P piece I have a debate in my mind over the likelihood that an official version will be released.

It looks like they intend to do almost a full cast of Autobot cars. I believe they will do Perceptor and Blaster further on. Maybe Blurr, Kup and Hot Rod, to have a decent representation of the animated movie cast, to accompany Ultra Magnus. They have missed the boat with the Dinobots, unlikely to do anymore. If they release something might be Swoop or Slag.

To consider 3rd party items, I reckon only the Dinobots. Everything else will have a release eventually. But we will have to play the waiting game. May take a decade :eek:

I didn't mention Decepticons... releases are unpredictable, impossible to predict when the focus is obviously on the Autobots.

kurdt_the_goat
21st January 2015, 05:26 PM
I hope as they complete the each G1 year, they re-enact the brochure photography with the MP toys!

Lord_Zed
21st January 2015, 08:08 PM
It looks like they intend to do almost a full cast of Autobot cars. I believe they will do Perceptor and Blaster further on. Maybe Blurr, Kup and Hot Rod, to have a decent representation of the animated movie cast, to accompany Ultra Magnus. They have missed the boat with the Dinobots, unlikely to do anymore. If they release something might be Swoop or Slag.

To consider 3rd party items, I reckon only the Dinobots. Everything else will have a release eventually. But we will have to play the waiting game. May take a decade :eek:

I didn't mention Decepticons... releases are unpredictable, impossible to predict when the focus is obviously on the Autobots.

A decade for all those toys would be an extremely optimistic estimate, and that's assuming they don't just reboot the line down the track like they did with MP 10. Optimus Prime is always going to be heart of TakTom's MP's so they'll have to keep re-releasing him or updating him if the line continues another 10 years.

I gave up expecting Taktom to make any specific MP's years ago, but that means that any one we do get is an unexpected gift for me.

I do hope they do all the original Autobot cars though, as with the realistic altmodes and cartoon robto modes they make the best MP's in my mind.

Tfiguy
23rd January 2015, 02:27 PM
I'm definitely keen, but, where are all the Decepticreeps at?

drifand
23rd January 2015, 03:40 PM
If thats it for the year is kind of a quiet.

Here is my expecting the rest list for 2015

TRU Optimus mp-10, yes wouldn't you know, when I see both being reissued is kind of hinting something is up, and I believe this is it, and it be end of the year.

TRU Sideswipe

TRU Starscream (I am just throwing in a seeker, it can be anything)

Asia Exclusive Thundercracker mp

Bape Grey Optimus (why not, since people are interested suddenly)

G1 Magnus colour.

Of course this is just a speculated rumour.

ITZTRU
23rd January 2015, 03:53 PM
^^^ Did you just pull names from a hat?