PDA

View Full Version : 20% off TFs at Kmart 3-9th July!!!

griffin
3rd July 2008, 02:23 PM
Yes, in addition to the catalogue sale items, Kmart have at the last minute discounted all Transformers toys at 20% off, until wednesday 9th July. (they had yet to put up the shelf tags at Kmart Sunnybank, but all TFs items were scanning in at 20% off - they assured me that the shelf tags would be up today to at least promote and improve the sale of their TFs stock)

Just like some of the Melbourne fans did, if you can get a price match to BigW, and/or have staff discount cards, you can get an ADDITIONAL 20% off you Transformers purchase. :D :D :D

griffin
4th July 2008, 03:12 PM
Just wanting to clarify this after having a 'nice' conversation with one of the senior staffers at Kmart Sunnybank (who was VERY rude, if you didn't get the sarcasm above).

The 20% off only applies to Transformers items NOT in the catalogue sale.
So for 2 weeks, several items are discounted as quoted in the catalogue, and for the first week, the rest of the Transformers toys are 20% off.
Because the catalogue items are excempt from the 20%-off, they are apparently not going to put up any shelf tags or promote it visually (because they would then have to give 20% off the sale items as well).

Not sure how the price-matching thing affects this, because their computers only seem to recognise the '20% off' the non-catalogue items (when I scanned in a number of items).

You *could* claim that there is 20% off Transformers, but without any visual proof (it isn't in the catalogue, and they apparently aren't going to put up any shelf tags), you may end up only getting 20% off the items that their computer recognises as non-catalogue items.

Borgeman
4th July 2008, 04:13 PM
i think the computer may work like this:

catalogue items are alerady discounted - the computer will notice this and thus wont further reduce them. non sale items have not been reduced, so the computer will apply the discount to it.

the thing with this is, if you price match a catalogue item (hence voiding the sale price), will the computer then add the 20% off to them as the first discount was removed?

George

Zippo
4th July 2008, 09:07 PM
Wanted to try and get the SW Death Star for cheaper today because of the 20% off TFs. However because Kmart New Zealand is the only supplier of this, I can't price match elsewhere and the computer only recognises the discount price of $70...