PDA

View Full Version : FT-03 Shockwave

Pages : [1] 2

Trent
6th December 2012, 09:38 PM
From the thread on TFW (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-3rd-party-discussion/727073-fanstoys-ft-03-g1-cartoon-shockwave-way.html), looks like fanstoys next attempt will be a masterpiece scaled G1 Shockwave. From thread discussion they are looking at a February release and a total of $150 (including shipping)

That's a pretty good price for a MP scaled TF. Hopefully the quality is up there because they will make a lot of people very happy if it's good!

Seems as though they have kept this quiet for fear that Takara would jump them again. :)

Ploughmans Lunch
6th December 2012, 10:14 PM
Why the hell not

kup
6th December 2012, 10:49 PM
Risky. This is something that HasTom may announce as a Masterpiece while this is in development.

It is interesting though.

Megatron
6th December 2012, 11:41 PM
:eek:

ooh yes.. :cool:

VERT
6th December 2012, 11:52 PM
Okay I want one :D

Wow if all you have to do to get a real MP figure is try to make a 3rd Party one.

So I hope they start working on Galvatron soon.

Lord_Zed
6th December 2012, 11:59 PM
I hope it's too scale with MP10. It does seem like the sort of figure Takara might do though or then again might not, they really like to keep us in suspense with Shockwave.

This figure appears to have less additional detail compared to the protype shots for their Soundwave. I wonder if that's because they rushed it, or want it to fit in with the current HasTak MP's.

SuspectimusPrime
7th December 2012, 10:30 AM
That would be very good value for money for a third party release. For some reason that prototype's Energon Barricade blue and white plastic looks right on Shockwave :)

Bidoofdude
7th December 2012, 05:29 PM
It better be good and I really want a G1 esque Shockwave that looks a lot like G1. This might change my mind about wanting a G1 Shocklate frog.

maxirod
7th December 2012, 06:18 PM
I reckon $150 is too steep for a 1st figure from Fans Toys. Would have to wait for reviews before considering anything.

Tober
8th December 2012, 03:47 AM
I reckon $150 is too steep for a 1st figure from Fans Toys. Would have to wait for reviews before considering anything.

It looks nice, but I'm inclined to agree.

What have this group released so far? Was it any good?

kup
20th December 2012, 08:52 AM
The latest prototype pics have me a bit underwhelmed but it is still early days:

http://tformers.com/transformers-fans-toys-not-masterpiece-shockwave/19107/news.html

Trent
20th December 2012, 10:05 PM
I'm not feelin it… looks to me like an articulated update of the G1 mold more than a MP.

Easy pass.

Bidoofdude
28th December 2012, 01:07 PM
Coloured pics have showed up on tformers.com. Looks very good. The robot mode looks superb, though I'll only buy this if it has lights and sounds. (preferably the original)
I hope there's a stand for gun mode!
http://tformers.com/transformers-new-fanstoys-not-shockwave-image/19157/news.html

kup
28th December 2012, 01:10 PM
Yeah it looks good from what can be seen but that pic is too dark and blurry.

kaiden
28th December 2012, 01:13 PM
it looks nice and solid and the gun mode appears to have lights.

the only real concern for me is price vs quality.

Bidoofdude
29th December 2012, 11:51 AM
Close up pics on tformers. Looks really good. I definitely want this. I really hope there's sounds.
http://tformers.com/transformers-new-fans-toys-not-shockwave/19167/news.html

SuspectimusPrime
29th December 2012, 12:23 PM
That does look pretty good. The shoulders have a good bulk in them that the original shots didn't seem to pick up on.

VERT
29th December 2012, 05:43 PM
Okay im sold

Its Shockwave I have to have it :D

Bidoofdude
29th December 2012, 06:49 PM
I really need this now. NEED.

kup
29th December 2012, 07:23 PM
Close up pics on tformers. Looks really good. I definitely want this. I really hope there's sounds.
http://tformers.com/transformers-new-fans-toys-not-shockwave/19167/news.html

Looks definitely good. Certainly looks like what an official Masterpiece would look like.

1AZRAEL1
30th December 2012, 04:01 PM
I do like the look of it. Any Sydney group order gonna happen?

SuspectimusPrime
3rd January 2013, 10:48 AM
He's finally got third-party-esque name! Quake Wave!
http://tformers.com/transformers-fans-toys-ft-03-quick/19187/news.html

Bidoofdude
3rd January 2013, 06:28 PM
ME WANT!!!!!!!! That looks delicious. :D

kup
3rd January 2013, 08:35 PM
I am going to be one of the complainers of the hose connecting on top of the arm. It really turns me off it...

Megatron
3rd January 2013, 08:58 PM
I agree about the hose but it's not enough to deter me from getting it. I want this Shock- erm, Quake Wave! :D

Starscream77
4th January 2013, 08:44 AM
I do like the look of it. Any Sydney group order gonna happen?

If your volunteering then count me in for 1 :D:D:D

Lord_Zed
4th January 2013, 06:03 PM
I agree about the hose but it's not enough to deter me from getting it. I want this Shock- erm, Quake Wave! :D

Same with me on the hose, it also looks like you can swivel his arm so it may be displayable with the hose on the underside.

Overall this is a character I've longed to see as an MP, and it looks like they got 95% of it right, which will probably be good enough for me.

kup
5th January 2013, 12:20 AM
A 'corrected' arm will be sent to all buyers of Quake Wave for free. However this will not be made into effect until Fanstoys' next toy is manufactured.

Source:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-3rd-party-discussion/727073-fanstoys-ft-03-g1-cartoon-shockwave-way-95.html#post8776501

On an alternative to fan-modding the standard arm for an underslung hose:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalianjj
In fact, we are planning to make a new forearm to give fans another option. It will come with our next figure.

On the absence of the LED from the replacement arm:

Quote:
well, then we have to remove the led in the arm to do that.

Quote:
That is just another option. Some fans do want LED in it.

On how you'll get the replacement arm, if you want it:

Quote:
you will get the new forearm from your retailer for free with any other figure you want next. we just have to produce it in next figure's mold. You guys should know how expensive a single mold cost.

Quote:
well, a mold will cost $4000-$6000 accordding to how many pieces of part in it. also depend on the size and how complex the parts is. The mold to produce diecast parts is much more expensive than regular mold to produce plastic parts.

And we made 18 molds to produce FT-03.

I am saying we will provide the new forearm to retailer seperately, so you could get it with any other figure you want next for saving on the postage, such as MP-18 or TFC combine.
On when they would likely be able to provide their next figure, in the moulds

for which they would include the new arm:

Quote:
Sure it will be in 2013.

On whether they would produce a large enough quantity of arms for everyone who bought the Shockwave figure:

Quote:
sure the new forearm will be enough.

On how easy it will be to swap in the new arm for the old:

Quote:
I think it is pretty easy, just need a small screwdriver to do that.

I was probably going to get this Shockwave regardless of the reversed arm despite it bothering me. However Fanstoys promising to include a new arm in the future certainly sweetens the deal.

Bidoofdude
5th January 2013, 11:00 AM
I'm not too fussed over the arm. I couldn't care less. It's Shockwave!:D

Hursticon
6th January 2013, 01:18 AM
I've gotta say I'm with Bidoof, the hose placement isn't really an issue for me so I'll be looking forward to this regardless. :cool:

Megatron
6th January 2013, 10:57 AM
That's not really fair that you have to buy another figure just to get that replacement arm when you don't want any of their other figures, plus you've already spent money and bought Quake Wave anyway. I think I'll wait til someone starts selling it on eBay.

kup
6th January 2013, 11:00 AM
That's not really fair that you have to buy another figure just to get that replacement arm when you don't want any of their other figures, plus you've already spent money and bought Quake Wave anyway. I think I'll wait til someone starts selling it on eBay.

That's not what they are saying.

To make the arm, they have to cast it in the new mold and for that to happen, the next figure will need to be manufactured. Then the distributor which you brought it from will send you the replacement piece on your next order irregardless of what that may be.

Megatron
6th January 2013, 11:44 AM
That's not what they are saying.

To make the arm, they have to cast it in the new mold and for that to happen, the next figure will need to be manufactured. Then the distributor which you brought it from will send you the replacement piece on your next order irregardless of what that may be.

But what if I don't have a next order, at least for the foreseeable future?

kup
6th January 2013, 12:01 PM

Not sure but I think that them offering a new arm is fair enough. Hasbro would never do anything like that and will probably just tell you to suck it up if a product is flawed just like Mattel does.

There is also the chance that you may be able to arrange something with the seller.

Megatron
6th January 2013, 12:16 PM
Not sure but I think that them offering a new arm is fair enough. Hasbro would never do anything like that and will probably just tell you to suck it up if a product is flawed just like Mattel does.

There is also the chance that you may be able to arrange something with the seller.

Yeah... good point. :) Still, it would be great if I could get it on its own somehow, being the completist that I am I would definitely want it.

SuspectimusPrime
6th January 2013, 03:17 PM

Yeah... good point. :) Still, it would be great if I could get it on its own somehow, being the completist that I am I would definitely want it.

If you have a friend close-by that purchases from the same seller more regularly, perhaps make an arrangement to have it sent with another friend's package?

Megatron
6th January 2013, 03:23 PM
If you have a friend close-by that purchases from the same seller more regularly, perhaps make an arrangement to have it sent with another friend's package?

Well it would have to be with someone from this board primarily, because IRL I don't know anyone who is into Transformers at all. :(

Lord_Zed
6th January 2013, 06:05 PM

Then your stuck with the reverse arm, but in that scenario the toy would probably skyrocket in aftermarket price as they will become rare.

liegeprime
6th January 2013, 06:59 PM
hmmm a bit blocky for an MP figure, dunno....I wonder if Takara will trump them again and announce an MP shockwave hehehe. :p:D

If they really want a hotcake sale - they should make MP Dinobots instead, I doubt HasTakTom would make any ever so they'll corner that market for sure.

Ode to a Grasshopper
6th January 2013, 07:46 PM
So, this is FT-03, and not-MP-Soundwave was FT-02...does anyone know what FT-01 was (or wasn't)?

UltraMagnus
6th January 2013, 08:22 PM
This is a good effort. I have been resistant on buying anything but Takara/Hasbro for Masterpieces

I'm also glad that another third party is doing a classics shockwave...;)

kup
6th January 2013, 08:29 PM
This is a good effort. I have been resistant on buying anything but Takara/Hasbro for Masterpieces

I'm also glad that another third party is doing a classics shockwave...;)

Along with the Dinobots, a modernized Classics Shockwave is something that fans have been wanting for years with their pleas remaining unanswered.

Let's see who will save them from this torment ;)

Bidoofdude
6th January 2013, 08:37 PM
Hopefully it won't be cancelled like FT-02, although that was basically due to the MP announcement. Unless Taktom pull a masterpiece on us, this will probably be very popular. I know it is with me!:D:cool:
This is masterpiece sized, so I am not sure it's the best for classics, but we'll see. ;)
FT-01, most think was probably their Blaster figure, I think and wasn't released at all. (cancelled)
But neither of those even made it to colour photos so looking good with Shockwave.

kup
27th January 2013, 01:36 AM
The third parties are now an industrial force:

http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/86d7779djw1e172ou3p1ij.jpg

Tober
27th January 2013, 03:12 AM
Is it up for pre-order anywhere yet?

Trent
27th January 2013, 05:09 AM
The third parties are now an industrial force:

:eek:

That's a lot of cold logic.

VERT
27th January 2013, 08:24 AM
Wow that a great pic! One of those will be mine :D

SuspectimusPrime
27th January 2013, 01:01 PM
Let's see if Hasbro is going to continue to ignore this, and long term collectors.

kup
27th January 2013, 04:07 PM
Let's see if Hasbro is going to continue to ignore this, and long term collectors.

Not sure about that since Hasbro may not even own the Astro Magnum mold to complain. If Hasbro was willing to do something, they would have done it a very long time ago. 3rd parties are not exactly a 'new thing' anymore.

Bidoofdude
27th January 2013, 06:05 PM
http://www.google.com.au/url?source=imglanding&ct=img&q=http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mesfqssAaY1qduufx.jpg&sa=X&ei=69EEUZ7PDIftkgXdlICICw&ved=0CAsQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNGF6G7YYHbc0Fax1XtemA_B8ecyxw

Sorry If I'm posting pics wrongly

Megatron
29th January 2013, 09:56 AM
Love the assembly line pic! Waves of purply goodness. :D

Tober
29th January 2013, 10:08 AM
Gallery (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/3rd-party-unlicensed-41/ft-03-quake-wave-shockwave-in-hand-gallery-176770/) up at TFW2005.

Lord_Zed
29th January 2013, 10:47 AM
Also sold!

Waxpython
29th January 2013, 08:43 PM
Pass on me 150 dollars is too expensive for a figure which seems identical to an official takara version blaster maybe galvatron yes this maybe a pass unless hasbro does not release him ( witch i doubt ).

Tallestblue
29th January 2013, 09:12 PM
Yeahhh. i want one. Especially with all the new official Masterpiece toys coming out.

kup
29th January 2013, 09:35 PM
Pass on me 150 dollars is too expensive for a figure which seems identical to an official takara version blaster maybe galvatron yes this maybe a pass unless hasbro does not release him ( witch i doubt ).

A G1 accurate Shockwave from Hasbro may not be possible as I don't believe they own the Astro Magnum mold.

Bidoofdude
29th January 2013, 10:16 PM
Pass for me. 150 dollars is too expensive for a figure which seems identical to an official takara version. Blaster? Maybe Galvatron? Yes, this may be a pass, unless Hasbro does not release him (which i doubt).

*Fixed:D;)

This is the price we payed for Optimus. It is actually quite reasonably priced for a third party product, who normally don't have as much of a production rate as Hasbro or Takara, especially with it's size and function, which is to be a Masterpiece SCALED Shockwave figure to accompany the fact that Hasbro OR Takara will probably not release an MP Shockwave sometime soon, since there are rights to the original mold and the rights to the look of it or something.
Sorry for that VERY long sentence but I think it's actually quite good to justify this, seeing as there looks to be no flaws and it looks spectacular!!

Waxpython
29th January 2013, 11:46 PM
*Fixed:D;)

This is the price we payed for Optimus. It is actually quite reasonably priced for a third party product, who normally don't have as much of a production rate as Hasbro or Takara, especially with it's size and function, which is to be a Masterpiece SCALED Shockwave figure to accompany the fact that Hasbro OR Takara will probably not release an MP Shockwave sometime soon, since there are rights to the original mold and the rights to the look of it or something.
Sorry for that VERY long sentence but I think it's actually quite good to justify this, seeing as there looks to be no flaws and it looks spectacular!!

I'm not talking about shockwave I'm talking about soundwave the 3rd party one.

Waxpython
29th January 2013, 11:48 PM
And that's when i learned to look at titles before i post :rolleyes:

Tallestblue
30th January 2013, 01:07 AM
ohh yeah. There was going to be an unofficial MP Soundwave for a while wasn't there...?

kup
30th January 2013, 09:25 AM
ohh yeah. There was going to be an unofficial MP Soundwave for a while wasn't there...?

Yeah by this same company. Got cancelled when the official one was announced. Now making that MP Soundwave was indeed a risky move since that mold was clearly destined to be an official MP some day as it is a popular character and Hasbro has full rights to the original toy.

Waxpython
30th January 2013, 12:31 PM
Yeah by this same company. Got cancelled when the official one was announced. Now making that MP Soundwave was indeed a risky move since that mold was clearly destined to be an official MP some day as it is a popular character and Hasbro has full rights to the original toy.

didn't hasbro lose rights to the astro magnum alt mode ?

kup
30th January 2013, 12:40 PM
didn't hasbro lose rights to the astro magnum alt mode ?

I don't think they ever had ownership of the mold. The G1 Shockwave toy was something Hasbro paid license to release but the mold belonged to Toyco. Just how G1 Jetfire is a Bandai mold that Hasbro paid to have released for Tranformers back in the 80s.

Not sure who owns the G1 Shockwave mold now as originally it had been licensed and sold to several companies back in the 80s. However it may be safe to say that Hasbro is not the current owner.

Waxpython
30th January 2013, 02:58 PM
you guys could get that or you could get http://www.ioffer.com/i/transformers-g1-shockwave-reissue-brand-new-518286995

Bidoofdude
30th January 2013, 04:16 PM
you guys could get that or you could get http://www.ioffer.com/i/transformers-g1-shockwave-reissue-brand-new-518286995

That's a knockoff...

kup
30th January 2013, 04:27 PM

I'll stick with Quakewave thanks.

Robzy
30th January 2013, 05:44 PM
I don't think they ever had ownership of the mold. The G1 Shockwave toy was something Hasbro paid license to release but the mold belonged to Toyco. Just how G1 Jetfire is a Bandai mold that Hasbro paid to have released for Tranformers back in the 80s.

Not sure who owns the G1 Shockwave mold now as originally it had been licensed and sold to several companies back in the 80s. However it may be safe to say that Hasbro is not the current owner.
Just out of curiosity... who owns the rights to the original G1 cartoon/comics likeness of Shockwave? I mean, is it a bit like Mattel's situation with MOTUC... ie, Takara/Hasbro might be able to do a version of the G1 "cartoon" Shockwave but not the G1 "toy" version?

Bidoofdude
30th January 2013, 05:54 PM
I think it might be something to do with what he looks like, but I for sure can't say as I'm not exactly an expert on these things.;)

kup
30th January 2013, 07:12 PM
Just out of curiosity... who owns the rights to the original G1 cartoon/comics likeness of Shockwave? I mean, is it a bit like Mattel's situation with MOTUC... ie, Takara/Hasbro might be able to do a version of the G1 "cartoon" Shockwave but not the G1 "toy" version?

I don't think cartoon likeness is a factor. Like Mattel, I think that 'ownership rights to the studio' only comes into play if the character happens to be an original creation of the show/comic and not based on a toy. However there may be differing deals such as what they had with Marvel with Death's Head and Circuit Braker belonging to Marvel. This is because they appeared first in a non-TF comic while other comic original characters remained with Hasbro.

I say that Shockwave's 'cartoon/comic' likeness belongs to Hasbro within that medium but if it's a toy that strongly resembles the Astro Magnum, it makes things a little riskier. Keep in mind that nowadays there seems to be a whole lawyer industry dedicated to suing larger corporations. So even if there is the slightest bit of doubt on the legal ownership of something, Hasbro would be unwilling to take the risk if negligible.

Personally speaking, I don't think anyone would legally give a damn if Hasbro releases a G1 accurate MP Shockwave. No one has legally sold the Astro Magnum mold in years and who knows who owns it, maybe no one does anymore.

Robzy
30th January 2013, 09:54 PM
I don't think cartoon likeness is a factor. Like Mattel, I think that 'ownership rights to the studio' only comes into play if the character happens to be an original creation of the show/comic and not based on a toy. However there may be differing deals such as what they had with Marvel with Death's Head and Circuit Braker belonging to Marvel. This is because they appeared first in a non-TF comic while other comic original characters remained with Hasbro.

I say that Shockwave's 'cartoon/comic' likeness belongs to Hasbro within that medium but if it's a toy that strongly resembles the Astro Magnum, it makes things a little riskier. Keep in mind that nowadays there seems to be a whole lawyer industry dedicated to suing larger corporations. So even if there is the slightest bit of doubt on the legal ownership of something, Hasbro would be unwilling to take the risk if negligible.

Personally speaking, I don't think anyone would legally give a damn if Hasbro releases a G1 accurate MP Shockwave. No one has legally sold the Astro Magnum mold in years and who knows who owns it, maybe no one does anymore.

But would it only apply to "original" creations? I know we're splitting hairs a bit, as the cartoon likeness of Shockwave looked damn close to the toy likeness (it's a shame we're not talking about G1 Ironhide here, for example), but it just makes me wonder. I mean, I wouldn't have thought anyone can stop Hasbro/Takara from making a toy that looks like one of their own characters - even if a new MP Shockwave was more "cartoony" than "Astro Magnum" in appearance, I think that people would willingly take it.

I mean, if Mattel can legally make Vykron (http://www.preternia.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/vyrkon_02.jpg) for MOTUC, based on a "concept" and "original design" that clearly looks like Boba Fett, just by tweaking the design a little, then I think Hasbro might have some ground for making an official "cartoon-inspired" Shockwave.

Plus, you may be right - maybe no one owns the "Shockwave" mould anymore... If they did, they should be releasing it (or selling it to Takara for a pretty penny) and cashing in! He's definitely an A-Lister!

Bidoofdude
30th January 2013, 10:19 PM
If no one owns it, they'd be in the clear. We don't know for sure though.

kup
30th January 2013, 10:46 PM
If no one owns it, they'd be in the clear. We don't know for sure though.

I think the not knowing for sure is what's holding Hasbro back more than anything. Since it's lawyering, it could be more about perceptions or interpretations than a real legal problem.

Kind of like why Mattel still insists on making the Matty stuff 'kids safe' despite the toys and merchendise clearly labelled as 'Adult collectible'. They just don't want to risk it despite the appropriate warning.

Deceptic_Optic
31st January 2013, 04:06 AM
this review might help to convince you if its a buy or not

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTd-RHsgnR8&sns=em

kup
31st January 2013, 10:33 AM
Looks really awesome and I am most certainly convinced. The problem is....Where do I buy this thing? Only Captured Prey and Kapow toys seem to have it and I have never dealt with either of them. I would prefer a more localized store like RK to have it for convenience in shipping cost and speed but they don't seem to have it. BBTS and TFSource also don't have it and they are US companies.

Trent
31st January 2013, 12:48 PM
I believe the first run is already sold out too. So if you want one you'll have to preorder for the second batch which is due end of Feb I think.

kup
31st January 2013, 12:56 PM
I believe the first run is already sold out too. So if you want one you'll have to preorder for the second batch which is due end of Feb I think.

Yeah but from where? I have no idea what the shipping rates are since I have never ordered from those stores.

Bidoofdude
31st January 2013, 01:25 PM
I'd prefer it from RK and I really LOVE how he looks and functions. That transformation is ingenious! I'll have to order the second batch.

KaRNiV8L PRiME
31st January 2013, 01:38 PM
I'd prefer it from RK and I really LOVE how he looks and functions. That transformation is ingenious! I'll have to order the second batch.

On RK Facebook page someone asked if they will be stocking this item and they replied unfortunately not.

Bidoofdude
31st January 2013, 01:52 PM
Darn. :( Those are some sour apples there.:p:(

Deceptic_Optic
31st January 2013, 01:56 PM
let me check on some of the people from planet iacon, maybe they can help

Trent
31st January 2013, 02:08 PM
Yeah but from where? I have no idea what the shipping rates are since I have never ordered from those stores.

PM sidecutter on TFW. He is the guy that runs Captured Prey. ask him how much to NSW. Can't hurt.

VERT
31st January 2013, 02:12 PM
Does any other place sell him? Pray is the only place I can find and the first lot of pre orders are sold out. Oh and the cheapest postage to NSW is about 38 bucks. I checked.

KaRNiV8L PRiME
31st January 2013, 02:37 PM
Would be cool if it came in a masterpiece style box. Must have. Need to acquire this now

kaiden
31st January 2013, 02:41 PM
Need to acquire this now

Damn it. me too. nevermind. 150 + 40 for shipping... from captured prey. I tried adding the maketoys paladin and it went up to 65 shipping so i get the feeling their shipping rates are worse than bbts

Tober
31st January 2013, 03:08 PM
Some fan's video review. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTd-RHsgnR8&feature=player_embedded#!)

Trent
31st January 2013, 05:04 PM
Maybe look at doing a group order for some of the NSW people. Might be able to get a decent price on shipping, pickup at the parra fair after it comes in?

1AZRAEL1
31st January 2013, 05:09 PM
Maybe look at doing a group order for some of the NSW people. Might be able to get a decent price on shipping, pickup at the parra fair after it comes in?

I'd be in for that for sure. Count me in on one.

kup
31st January 2013, 07:01 PM

This may be the best way to get it.

Trent
31st January 2013, 07:24 PM
This may be the best way to get it.

If someone else organises it, i'll be in. Unfortunately though I can't organise it

kup
1st February 2013, 10:19 AM
I can organize it but I need to do some preliminary research first. Our options are limited and only with US centric online stores so realistically, expect shipping not to be ideal.

In the mean time, please submit your name if you want to be in it. It won't be a final list yet, just to get an idea of how many pieces we need in order to get a more accurate shipping quote.

Trent
1st February 2013, 10:33 AM
I can organize it but I need to do some preliminary research first. Our options are limited and only with US centric online stores so realistically, expect shipping not to be ideal.

In the mean time, please submit your name if you want to be in it. It won't be a final list yet, just to get an idea of how many pieces we need in order to get a more accurate shipping quote.

In.

VERT
1st February 2013, 11:15 AM
I may be in. Depends on cost. Need to work some things out first.

Megatron
1st February 2013, 11:24 AM
If you could post it to Vic afterwards I may be in as well, depending on shipping quote.

KaRNiV8L PRiME
1st February 2013, 11:43 AM
I bit the bullet and ordered the 2nd wave from captured prey. Due march/April grrrrr

kup
1st February 2013, 11:49 AM
As mentioned, this is not final, just a preliminary list in order to get an idea of how many units we would be getting for an approximate shipping quote.

So far we have 5 units in the pre-order. I have asked the stores on how much the shipping would be for 6 items. That should give us a good idea on what costs we are looking at.

kup
1st February 2013, 11:50 AM
I bit the bullet and ordered the 2nd wave from captured prey. Due march/April grrrrr

How much did they charge you for shipping if you don't mind me asking?

gdmetro
1st February 2013, 12:31 PM
Count me in for one if still open- but I would like to know the cost.

Lord_Zed
1st February 2013, 12:53 PM
I'm in too Kup, though already mentioned that before.:)

kup
1st February 2013, 01:21 PM
I'm in too Kup, though already mentioned that before.:)

Yep, your counted in the preliminary number :)

Starscream77
1st February 2013, 02:33 PM

Count me in 110%. I must have him

kup
1st February 2013, 03:29 PM
Shipping from Captured Prey does not seem too bad. For 7 units it's only $158.40 shipping.

So the total per unit would be around $174. Comparable to an official MP toy cost (some instances cheaper).

That seems pretty fair to me. I will make a formal group order later today, I will add the names of people who have showed interest but if you want to pull out, let me know.

Important: I just realized that the grand total value is over $1,000. I need to know if this would be a problem with customs as they could charge us fees. If you have experience with this please let me know.

Edit: I just read up on it and it seems that there are custom problems with importing stuff worth more $1,000. They hold it back until you pay the fee and given that they are not super reliable, it's all too risky and could proof expensive.

I will do the group order thread anyways and if we get enough people, it may be worth splitting the group into two. If we keep each individual order under $1000, it should turn out fine.

VERT
1st February 2013, 05:26 PM
Does any one know how Captured Prey do pre orders? Do they take the money right now like RK? Or once they get it like BBTS?

Tober
1st February 2013, 05:43 PM
Shipping from Captured Prey does not seem too bad. For 7 units it's only $158.40 shipping.

So the total per unit would be around $174. Comparable to an official MP toy cost (some instances cheaper).

That seems pretty fair to me. I will make a formal group order later today, I will add the names of people who have showed interest but if you want to pull out, let me know.

Important: I just realized that the grand total value is over $1,000. I need to know if this would be a problem with customs as they could charge us fees. If you have experience with this please let me know.

Edit: I just read up on it and it seems that there are custom problems with importing stuff worth more $1,000. They hold it back until you pay the fee and given that they are not super reliable, it's all too risky and could proof expensive.

I will do the group order thread anyways and if we get enough people, it may be worth splitting the group into two. If we keep each individual order under $1000, it should turn out fine.

I've imported orders over $1200 before and didn't get stung, but the value declared was in yen. they can tally imports too, so be careful.

Does any one know how Captured Prey do pre orders? Do they take the money right now like RK? Or once they get it like BBTS?

Like with RK they take payment and shipping upfront.

Trent
1st February 2013, 05:50 PM
Ask them to put the declared value at less than the limit. Other online retailers do it all the time.

Worth a shot anyway.

KaRNiV8L PRiME
1st February 2013, 09:33 PM
How much did they charge you for shipping if you don't mind me asking?

Think it was bout $35 ish

Megatron
1st February 2013, 10:20 PM

If you can't get the seller to declare the value at less than $1000 then I would split it into two separate packages as you said.

Thank you for doing this for us.

kup
1st February 2013, 11:23 PM
If you can't get the seller to declare the value at less than $1000 then I would split it into two separate packages as you said.

Thank you for doing this for us.

No worries, glad to do it. Sorry about the delay on the official group order thread. I have been spending the whole freaking night fixing that god damn laserbeak fin.

ispayks
2nd February 2013, 12:08 AM
I'm in too if its not too late. Thanks!

kup
2nd February 2013, 01:32 AM
Bad luck guys. Captured Prey sold out on the 2nd pre-order. Looking at alternatives

More bad luck - From Kapow Toys we can only order 5 toys and each comes down to about $202 total.

Further bad luck! - Sorry guys, it seems that with Kapow Toys, there is no benefit in a group order, the toys end up being $202-$207 regardless of how many we order. With the added cost of shipping interstate, it isn't worth it and we are better off trying it as individuals if you are willing to pay that much.

:(

Trent
2nd February 2013, 08:55 AM
Damn.

Deceptic_Optic
2nd February 2013, 09:10 AM
just had a look again it say its still available, if so can you me in kup?

Trent
2nd February 2013, 09:17 AM
just had a look again it say its still available, if so can you me in kup?

Yeah I just had a look too and the first wave says sold out but the second wave is still available here (http://www.capturedprey.com/store/browsebyseries/preorders/fanstoys_ft03_quake_wave_second_run).

kup
2nd February 2013, 09:29 AM
Last night it said that the second wave had sold out! :mad:

As a result I went with Kapow Toys and paid the $207 smackers.

Sorry guys but it seems I can't organize it anymore.

VERT
2nd February 2013, 10:39 AM
Yeah im all for it. But we do have to play it safe. More info please

Starscream77
2nd February 2013, 02:15 PM
Probably the waxpython clowning again. Anyway...

Is anyone else willing to do a group order ?

dalianjj
2nd February 2013, 11:42 PM
http://pic.yupoo.com/dalianjj_v/CC1dNQMo/medium.jpg
http://pic.yupoo.com/dalianjj_v/CC1e0UnX/medium.jpg

1AZRAEL1
2nd February 2013, 11:46 PM
They all for you or spoken for? Or could i snag one from ya? :p

ispayks
3rd February 2013, 12:36 AM
They all for you or spoken for? Or could i snag one from ya? :p

+1 on that.

I'll take one too.

crankcase76
3rd February 2013, 12:39 AM

OH, could their be one available for me as well? Or like AZ asked are they all accounted for? And how much are you asking for one?

KaRNiV8L PRiME
3rd February 2013, 12:41 AM
I would also like one. How much is postage to Perth

ispayks
3rd February 2013, 01:00 AM

Are you dalianjj (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-3rd-party-discussion/727073-fanstoys-ft-03-g1-cartoon-shockwave-way.html) from TFW2005?

Please help bring Quakewave and other Fanstoys product to Australia. :D

dalianjj
3rd February 2013, 01:20 AM
Are you dalianjj (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-3rd-party-discussion/727073-fanstoys-ft-03-g1-cartoon-shockwave-way.html) from TFW2005?

Please help bring Quakewave and other Fanstoys product to Australia. :D

I couldn't find any AUS based tf retailer. I was going to sell some piece directlly to you guys in this forum, but somebody deleted my post.

KaRNiV8L PRiME
3rd February 2013, 01:31 AM
Do you have many to sell?

1orion2many
3rd February 2013, 02:40 AM
I couldn't find any AUS based tf retailer. I was going to sell some piece directlly to you guys in this forum, but somebody deleted my post.

They weren't deleted as such just hidden from view, WE have had people causing problems on this board recently and we were worried this may have been a continuation. Are you a dealer or just a helpful collector? You can throw up a quick introduction in here http://www.otca.com.au/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=3 if you want but it's not compulsory:)

dalianjj
3rd February 2013, 02:54 AM
They weren't deleted as such just hidden from view, WE have had people causing problems on this board recently and we were worried this may have been a continuation. Are you a dealer or just a helpful collector? You can throw up a quick introduction in here http://www.otca.com.au/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=3 if you want but it's not compulsory:)

Ok, never mind.
Just pm me at tfw2005 if you want to order this figure. thank you.

Deceptic_Optic
3rd February 2013, 03:05 AM
hey mate im interested in 1 have you got an FB page?

VERT
3rd February 2013, 08:08 AM
Yeah count me in :D I will take one

Starscream77
3rd February 2013, 08:20 AM
I want one but I am not on TFW2005
If anyone in NSW is ordering can you get 2 and I will pay you , pleeeeeease

Tober
3rd February 2013, 08:45 AM
Ok, never mind.
Just pm me at tfw2005 if you want to order this figure. thank you.

If you want people to PM you through TFW2005 then that goes a lot further towards establishing you are who you say you are.

You state your location is in Sydney. If that is correct are people allowed to pick up from you directly?

There are a few Transformers retailers in Australia. In Sydney there are only the smaller import stores.

VERT
3rd February 2013, 08:47 AM
Also sent a PM on 2005 boards :D

Deceptic_Optic
3rd February 2013, 09:15 AM
i pm and ask him if his legit he never reply back guys

kup
3rd February 2013, 09:38 AM
I don't think he liked our 'warm welcome' and went back to TFW.

Deceptic_Optic
3rd February 2013, 09:48 AM
by threads his responded and started at tfw he seems ok but not so sure if his good to go he never did reply back to me when i asked if his legit or not

dalianjj
3rd February 2013, 10:22 AM
Well, I need sleep....
I am not in sydney, that is just what I have to chose to register on this forum.
I am in china, that is where FansToys based in.
It is fine that you don't trust me. I was just offering another option to you guys that don't wanna pay expensive shipping cost from US or UK.
Thank you all for supporting our project anyway.

dalianjj
3rd February 2013, 10:25 AM
Anyone would like to give me the contact information of Aus bases retailer,thx.

reillyd
3rd February 2013, 10:34 AM
If you have a lot to shift, might want to try eBay.com, or one of the local retailers like figuresdirect.com.au

I can't pm your account, or I'd try to get your contact details to buy one.
Shockwave looks just awesome, and it is a definite I WANT IT NOW toy

kup
3rd February 2013, 10:35 AM
by threads his responded and started at tfw he seems ok but not so sure if his good to go he never did reply back to me when i asked if his legit or not

I don't think new members can send or receive PMs until they are 'activated'.

I understand why we have such security measures here given some of the nutters we've had in the past but I think they are still a little too draconian and discourages people.

As soon as his posts were 'hidden' dalianjj should have been contacted by board staff to explain the reason and get it straightened out. Not sure if this is happening already but all new members should at least be able receive PMs from established members.

Also it doesn't require more than 5 minutes to verify his story by just visiting TFW and at least give him the benefit of the doubt from there.

Now a potential direct source of FT-03 Shockwave has been lost.

Trent
3rd February 2013, 11:41 AM
I ordered mine from Captured Prey yesterday anyway. I'm happy. Even if I have to wait until April.

kup
3rd February 2013, 11:47 AM
Regardless, the distribution of this awesome and highly in demand toy has been atrocious.

Tallestblue
3rd February 2013, 01:02 PM
Does anyone know why BBTS and TFsource didn't pick this up?

Tober
3rd February 2013, 01:25 PM
Anyone would like to give me the contact information of Aus bases retailer,thx.

figuresdirect.com.au (WA)
bibyco.com.au (NSW)
transfiguretoys.com (VIC) - not sure if they are still active
laced.com.au (QLD)

Otherwise robotkingdom.com who are in Hong Kong would be a good option for Asia and Pacific.

Otherwise if people are comfortable dealing with you directly through the TFW2005 boards, that's up to them. :)

Nice looking Quake Wave too. I have one on order from the USA. :cool:

VERT
3rd February 2013, 02:08 PM
Does anyone know why BBTS and TFsource didn't pick this up?

They wont stock it due to IP issues I believe.

I have been in contact with my new friend dalianjj on TFW and I am getting it from him. :D

ispayks
3rd February 2013, 03:51 PM
They wont stock it due to IP issues I believe.

I have been in contact with my new friend dalianjj on TFW and I am getting it from him. :D

+1 Im getting one from him too. :D

I asked dalianjj for confirmation if he registered and posted on OTCA. Dalianjj replied to my PM at TFW and confirmed it was him.

He started this TFW thread (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-3rd-party-discussion/727073-fanstoys-ft-03-g1-cartoon-shockwave-way.html), and reading through it he has shared info, answered a lot of Q's and provided a lot of detail about the project.

I hope he can help us with the distribution of quakewave and other Fanstoys products in the future.

KaRNiV8L PRiME
3rd February 2013, 04:44 PM
another review (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-3rd-party-reviews/782797-kuma-style-video-pictoral-review-fanstoys-ft-03-quake-wave.html)

1orion2many
4th February 2013, 01:10 PM
I decided to hide his posts for safety of the members, Unfortunately I didn't contact him concerning this. I left his following posts up and asked politely if he could do a quick intro which was ignored but that's up to him. I'm sorry if my Draconian ways upset the apple cart, I understand it is your money to throw away. I'd like to think most people would understand why this was done.

kup
4th February 2013, 04:59 PM
I decided to hide his posts for safety of the members, Unfortunately I didn't contact him concerning this. I left his following posts up and asked politely if he could do a quick intro which was ignored but that's up to him. I'm sorry if my Draconian ways upset the apple cart, I understand it is your money to throw away. I'd like to think most people would understand why this was done.

The method is what I question not why it was done.

VERT
4th February 2013, 05:18 PM
Well if Ispayks and my Quake waves arrive with no trouble, I hope he will be welcomed back. We all could have had a direct contact.

Less risk than importing a Megatron.

Trent
4th February 2013, 05:20 PM
I'm gonna back Orion on this.

This is a board. It's fairly common knowledge that when you join a board, you post an introduction. This would be especially crucial if you were trying to sell stuff.

I have no doubts that this guy was genuine, but the Admins didn't know that and when you look at it from a purely objective standpoint, Someone suddenly appears offering to sell stuff when we were having problems with someone else, Orion made a fair call.

Bidoofdude
4th February 2013, 05:29 PM
Yes, I suppose he had to take some precautions, considering we've had some recent problems. I understand Orion perfectly.:cool:

Tober
4th February 2013, 05:58 PM
I flagged the posts and requested the seller be verified before any transactions occurred.

dalianjj suddenly showing up directly after Waxpython/WoW was discharged for dubious activities seemed too convenient. Call it erring on the side of caution... :o

His location was displayed as Sydney yet his IP was traced to China.
His PayPal address uses a Hotmail account, where as Toy Fans have their own domain.
He just appears saying he has access to otherwise unobtainable items, until the second batch.

If members are able to purchase FT products directly through him on TFW2005 it's actually preferable, as we know that member is who he says he is and has a wider community.

No offense was intended to dalianjj, it was just a precaution.

kup
4th February 2013, 07:19 PM
I still think he should have been contacted the moment action was taken - That was the major failing as it opened the way for miscommunication and misinterpretation of actions.

Ode to a Grasshopper
4th February 2013, 09:44 PM
I flagged the posts and requested the seller be verified before any transactions occurred.

dalianjj suddenly showing up directly after Waxpython/WoW was discharged for dubious activities seemed too convenient. Call it erring on the side of caution... :o

His location was displayed as Sydney yet his IP was traced to China.
His PayPal address uses a Hotmail account, where as Toy Fans have their own domain.
He just appears saying he has access to otherwise unobtainable items, until the second batch.

If members are able to purchase FT products directly through him on TFW2005 it's actually preferable, as we know that member is who he says he is and has a wider community.

No offense was intended to dalianjj, it was just a precaution.While I agree with kup that some kind of notice to dalianjj was probably in order, I also have to admit that the mods made a fair call under the (difficult) circumstances - thanks for looking out for us, guys.

Coincidentally, I felt kind of bad for dalianjj re. his unfortunate reception here, and so sent him the following message via my TFW2005 account:
Originally Posted by das_hermit
Yo dude, just wanted to clear the air/sorta-apologise for your less-than-warm welcome at Ozformers the other day. I've been a member of otca for a few years now and it really is a great little forum for Aussie TF fans, but we have had the odd troublemaker over the years. The latest one (some douche by the username of Waxpython) got banned literally the day before you posted, and then promptly made a new account just to post abuse - so as you imagine the mods are sort of on high alert right now. Couple that with general Internet caution and you - a new user who suddenly shows up with an offer that seems almost too good to be true - kind of got jumped on. I hope you understand where the mods were coming from - it's nothing personal against you, it's just watching out for our little online community. I'm not really in a position to speak for the board, but on a personal note I'm sorry if you were offended. For what it's worth, you're pretty much in the clear identity-wise over there now.
Many thanks for offering to help our members out with getting what looks to be a great new toy - I'm not chasing a not-Shockwave myself but most online stores don't really cater for Aussie fans so we appreciate the assistance.
I hope you're not so put off by the unfortunate introduction that you decide to avoid otca in the future. It's a nice little community and lots of posters there are eagerly looking forward to seeing what you guys at FT have come up with.
-Ode to a GrasshopperI hope that wasn't overstepping my position as just a board member here or anything - I did my best to make it clear that I was only speaking on my own behalf, and those are my thoughts/feelings on the matter.:)

1orion2many
5th February 2013, 02:01 AM
I still think he should have been contacted the moment action was taken - That was the major failing as it opened the way for miscommunication and misinterpretation of actions.

Unfortunately I had limited time when it was brought to my attention by another staff member, I decided to act and was going to contact dalianjj when I had access again. When I did get back on dalianjj had already re-posted so I made the comment in the thread to explain what happened. It has now been explained on this board and by Ode on another board. I apologise if he feels I have offered offence but would not change what I did as I believe it was in the best interest of the board at the time.

VGMStudios
5th February 2013, 06:21 AM
Wow. Im just learning about thos guy now. Geeze.
So where do I get one?

Trent
5th February 2013, 09:51 AM
Wow. Im just learning about thos guy now. Geeze.
So where do I get one?

For you, Captured Prey would be your best bet.

Deceptic_Optic
5th February 2013, 10:01 AM
http://www.capturedprey.com/store/fanstoys_ft03_quake_wave_second_run

Tallestblue
5th February 2013, 10:47 AM
From Capturedprey-

"Every second run Quake Wave purchased from us will ship with the following included - AT NO EXTRA CHARGE!

CR1025 batteries (2 pieces, one for the gun arm, one for the head)!
Optional solid-color hand and gun-tip!
An optional forearm assembly with underslug hose will be made available with the release of the next Fans Toys figure as well and will be provided to our customers when released."

I hope they offer the solid colour piece to people who bought the first round, AND it's good to here that there will be the option for a more accurate hose postiion.

Deceptic_Optic
5th February 2013, 10:54 AM
From Capturedprey-

"Every second run Quake Wave purchased from us will ship with the following included - AT NO EXTRA CHARGE!

An optional forearm assembly with underslug hose will be made available with the release of the next Fans Toys figure as well and will be provided to our customers when released."

I hope they offer the solid colour piece to people who bought the first round, AND it's good to here that there will be the option for a more accurate hose postiion.

well apparantly so but you have to pay extra shipping cost for a piece of hand

Tallestblue
5th February 2013, 10:58 AM
hmm. that's less good.

Trent
5th February 2013, 02:32 PM
From Capturedprey-

Excellent…

Good thing I ordered a second wave bot then.

VGMStudios
5th February 2013, 03:03 PM
Trent, Deceptic_Optic thank you so much!

ispayks
5th February 2013, 08:13 PM
Well if Ispayks and my Quake waves arrive with no trouble, I hope he will be welcomed back. We all could have had a direct contact.

Less risk than importing a Megatron.

Shipped. EMS FTW!!!! :D

Deceptic_Optic
5th February 2013, 08:45 PM

thats awesome hope you get them with no hiccups. I wont be seeing mine til March or April lets just hope its worth the wait.

Trent
5th February 2013, 09:17 PM
Trent, Deceptic_Optic thank you so much!

Glad to help:)

Lucky bugger…

thats awesome hope you get them with no hiccups. I wont be seeing mine til March or April lets just hope its worth the wait.

Same. As recompense though we do get the extras free of charge.

KaRNiV8L PRiME
5th February 2013, 10:09 PM

Got my EMS shipping notice too.

VERT
5th February 2013, 11:43 PM
Then I guess I will get my shipping notice tomorrow :D

ispayks
8th February 2013, 07:45 PM
Quakewave!

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8524/8455656282_e3e19001b9_b.jpg

Tober
8th February 2013, 07:47 PM
Quakewave!

Nice! :cool:

Would be nice to know when Captured Prey intend to ship their allotment. :confused:

VERT
8th February 2013, 08:55 PM
Quakewave!

Yeah glad you got him. So I got my shipping notice the other day. So guess he will arrive mid next week at the latest. :-)

KaRNiV8L PRiME
8th February 2013, 09:43 PM
Quakewave!

Had the sorry we missed you card in my letter box today. Won't be able to pick up til Monday now :(

VERT
8th February 2013, 09:50 PM
Im watching my tracking very close. Got to make sure I dont miss it.

Hursticon
11th February 2013, 02:20 PM
Wow! :eek: - He looks amazingly good next to Soundwave, I think I'd probably prefer a differing hue of purple though but the mold is bloody well executed. ;):cool:

KaRNiV8L PRiME
11th February 2013, 03:16 PM
Picked mine up from the postie today. Probably my favourite masterpiece. Quality is as good if not better than takaras masterpieces

VERT
12th February 2013, 11:40 AM
Well look who arrived. And only $150 shipped by ems now that was a great deal. Will keep in contact with my new friend :-)
http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff473/VERTYSNAP/DSC_0477.jpg

SuspectimusPrime
12th February 2013, 03:06 PM
Well look who arrived. And only $150 shipped by ems now that was a great deal. Will keep in contact with my new friend :-)

Finally somebody to tell Megatron that Lazerbeak returns!

KaRNiV8L PRiME
12th February 2013, 04:24 PM
He feels so beefy and weighty in your hand. Pure joy

VERT
12th February 2013, 05:40 PM
He feels so beefy and weighty in your hand. Pure joy

He does. And your right a real joy. Its just a perfect Shockwave.

Megatron
12th February 2013, 06:09 PM

That's a great pic, VERT! They both look awesome! I must get Shockwave, too...

Hursticon
12th February 2013, 09:30 PM

*snip*

They do indeed look really good together, definitely a great shot VERT. :cool:

KaRNiV8L PRiME
12th February 2013, 11:26 PM
Great epic poses due to the awesome die cast feet and ankle articulation. Quakewave FTW.

Starscream77
13th February 2013, 11:39 AM
So angry i missed out on him, have to find a way to get him before evil bay is the only option and i can imagine what price they will put on this beast

Tober
13th February 2013, 11:43 AM
So angry i missed out on him, have to find a way to get him before evil bay is the only option and i can imagine what price they will put on this beast

Arn't they still taking orders?

kup
13th February 2013, 11:46 AM
This toy has certainly been a 'Pain in the A' to secure. First, Captured Prey said they had sold out on the 2nd bacth but then the next day they didn't. Tried ordering from Kapow toys but then my order got cancelled. Then the guy from TFW happened by but by then it was too late because I had already paid money to the re-opened pre-order at Captured Prey.

At least you guys had a chance with that new guy. He probably gave you a superior price with shipping than a group order from an expensively shipped US source ever could.

KaRNiV8L PRiME
13th February 2013, 09:33 PM
This toy has certainly been a 'Pain in the A' to secure. First, Captured Prey said they had sold out on the 2nd bacth but then the next day they didn't. Tried ordering from Kapow toys but then my order got cancelled. Then the guy from TFW happened by but by then it was too late because I had already paid money to the re-opened pre-order at Captured Prey.

At least you guys had a chance with that new guy. He probably gave you a superior price with shipping than a group order from an expensively shipped US source ever could.

Yup $150CAD shipped ems was ridiculously delightful. I hope you all can get your hands on this one

Iriorne
13th February 2013, 10:16 PM
This toy has certainly been a 'Pain in the A' to secure. First, Captured Prey said they had sold out on the 2nd bacth but then the next day they didn't.

Yeah, I was having a read on the Quake Wave thread on the TFW2005 forums, apparently all that happened was CP's store system hit the preset limit for orders. The owner just had to raise the stock limit making it available once more. Supplier orders for the second wave are still open as far as I know, cut off might be mid-late Feb if I remember correctly, and the CP owner definitely said he would order additional stock beyond preorders so there should be a little breathing room.

I was planning to order from CP the night they temporarily ran out, ended up placing an order for the second wave with Acestoystore, which seems alright. Probably won't get batteries thrown in, but not a big deal. I'm more concerned about the opaque hand/gun as I would prefer not to pay extra shipping.

It certainly looks like it will be worth the wait. :)

Iriorne
14th February 2013, 01:29 PM
Found the post regarding order cut off, second from last post here (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-3rd-party-discussion/727073-fanstoys-ft-03-g1-cartoon-shockwave-way-258.html).

No, end of February is my absolute order date. Like last time, I'll obviously order extra over and above what has been ordered. They may still cut me off earlier, but as of right now about a third of what I reserved is left for the second run, and it's a large number of units.

So chances are anyone looking to order through CP will still be able to up until the end of Feb. :)

Starscream77
14th February 2013, 03:05 PM
Found the post regarding order cut off, second from last post here (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-3rd-party-discussion/727073-fanstoys-ft-03-g1-cartoon-shockwave-way-258.html).

So chances are anyone looking to order through CP will still be able to up until the end of Feb. :)

AWESOME !!!!!!!! Will be straight onto this :D:D:D

As a side note one has already popped up on evil bay @ $189 plus $59 shipping :eek:

SuspectimusPrime
14th February 2013, 05:23 PM
AWESOME !!!!!!!! Will be straight onto this :D:D:D

As a side note one has already popped up on evil bay @ $189 plus $59 shipping :eek:

Seems like an ongoing thing for all of the popular third party stuff. FT is not yet at the level to forecast market demand and supply accordingly to the level of FP, so in swoops the scalpers.

Megatron
15th February 2013, 12:45 PM
Yay, I've pre-ordered mine from Captured Prey. Awesome!!!! :D:cool:

Starscream77
15th February 2013, 01:28 PM
Put my order through last night with CP :D

Now i have to wait :(

Iriorne
16th February 2013, 12:35 AM
According to daelite20 from the TFW forums, who I think runs Acestoystore:

from what i heard, second wave will start shipping the week of March 18.

I assume that's when they'll be shipped out from the manufacturers warehouse. Should only be a few days transit time as I believe they're going to be couriered with FedEx.

VGMStudios
16th February 2013, 08:54 AM
Looking forward to getting one. He does look rather awesome!

KaRNiV8L PRiME
16th February 2013, 09:32 PM
Got myself 2 x CR1025 batteries and man these LEDs are awesome. quake waves eye pierces into your soul and his laser canon looks fantastic lit up.

Deceptic_Optic
19th February 2013, 11:57 AM
:mad: i had to wait for mine til next month just for the extra hand hmp :mad:, if only i knew i would have went for this one!!!!! so pissed off atm! :mad: not cool at all not cool

http://www.capturedprey.com/store/fanstoys_ft03_quake_wave

VGMStudios
19th February 2013, 12:42 PM
Why are you so pissed off. Just wait a little and youll get it plus extras. Do you really need this toy asap?
I find ppl don't have patience anymore for anything.

Deceptic_Optic
19th February 2013, 01:04 PM
Why are you so pissed off. Just wait a little and youll get it plus extras. Do you really need this toy asap?

its an OCD thing lol, not that pissed of just annoyed lol :p

KaRNiV8L PRiME
19th February 2013, 02:01 PM

If I didn't already have it, I'd be pissed too

VERT
19th February 2013, 02:11 PM
Im getting a new laser arm sent to me now. :-)

Iriorne
19th February 2013, 03:23 PM
:mad: i had to wait for mine til next month just for the extra hand hmp :mad:, if only i knew i would have went for this one!!!!! so pissed off atm! :mad: not cool at all not cool

According to the owner of Captured Prey, only half of the first wave (190 total) has been received yet, with the rest expected after Chinese New Year. While the website does say that it may return to 'in-stock' status due to cancellations, I read it as a quirk of the inventory management system. While not explicitly stated, I'd be very surprised if the unclaimed items weren't being put towards filling the remainder of the first wave preorders.

Deceptic_Optic
19th February 2013, 03:36 PM
just expressing my emotions not really that annoyed now im over it hehehehe its all ispayks fault after talking to him in the fair he has sold me the item by talking about it. Still cant wait to get my hands on it.

Megatron
19th February 2013, 03:41 PM
Im getting a new laser arm sent to me now. :-)

:eek: How'd you manage that??

VGMStudios
19th February 2013, 04:33 PM
Oh I see..
Well im more excited for it to arrive even though I missed the 1st wave.
Good thing too cause mine will come with extras.
Its something to look forward to.

VERT
19th February 2013, 05:40 PM
:eek: How'd you manage that??

Well. I asked :-)

Megatron
19th February 2013, 05:45 PM
Well. I asked :-)

Ha ha.. I mean, is that the laser arm with the alternate hose placement, you know the one that won't be available until we place our next order... or is it something else?

VERT
19th February 2013, 08:40 PM
Really im not sure. Guess we will wait and see what arrives. Will let you know as soon as I do. With any luck later this week. :-)

Trent
19th February 2013, 09:28 PM
Ha ha.. I mean, is that the laser arm with the alternate hose placement, you know the one that won't be available until we place our next order... or is it something else?

The fixed hose placement will apparently be included in the second preorder run. Which is why I am happy to wait.:)

VGMStudios
20th February 2013, 01:27 AM
this is why I am happy to wait for the second run. :)

Megatron
20th February 2013, 09:20 AM
Hmm... I just want to be absolutely sure though, because on Captured Prey's website (http://www.capturedprey.com/store/browsebycompany/co_fanstoys/fanstoys_ft03_quake_wave_second_run) it says:

Every second run Quake Wave purchased from us will ship with the following included - AT NO EXTRA CHARGE!

An optional forearm assembly with underslug hose will be made available with the release of the next Fans Toys figure as well and will be provided to our customers when released.

From the above, it looks like we won't get that optional forearm after all unless we order the next FT figure (as mentioned earlier), but rather the optional solid-color hand and gun-tip (if you ask for it I guess).

VGMStudios
20th February 2013, 11:43 AM
So I emailed the owner and this is what he said.

...the optional forearm parts will come out when Fans Toys releases their second figure. We will send these to all buyers at that time at no charge...

So there you have it. Hopefully this will solve the confusion.

Starscream77
22nd February 2013, 06:58 AM
Not happy, did my Pre order through CP and with postage was 187 and now Chingumung has is up for 120 with 25 for shipping. Bloody impatience tax

KaRNiV8L PRiME
22nd February 2013, 09:23 AM
Not happy, did my Pre order through CP and with postage was 187 and now Chingumung has is up for 120 with 25 for shipping. Bloody impatience tax

Can't you cancel with CP

Starscream77
22nd February 2013, 12:08 PM
Can't you cancel with CP

They won't offer cancelations

SuspectimusPrime
22nd February 2013, 01:21 PM

I'm just going to post it here, as your post brought it to my attention - not FT Quakewave related but - Art Feather Valentines Day Bumblebee duo (http://chimungmung.com/product_info.php?products_id=1024&osCsid=be0f8a3da59e436e95219e9f19bbcb6b)? Limited to 214 pieces :p

KaRNiV8L PRiME
22nd February 2013, 01:23 PM
They won't offer cancelations

From captured prey web

The first run of Quake Wave has been sold out. We apologize - this item may present a unit or two available from time to time if there are any order cancellations. Please see the related items tab above and to the right for the second run of Quake Wave, which will be released in March!

Megatron
22nd February 2013, 01:43 PM
CP will only cancel orders for extenuating circumstances. From their Terms & Conditions (http://www.capturedprey.com/store/info_termsconditions):

All sales are final, and cannot be cancelled. We will attempt to work with you if there are extenuating circumstances that justify a cancellation. However, we want our customers to be happy with their purchase.

Again from their cancellation policy (http://www.capturedprey.com/store/info_faq#5-3):

As a general rule, we do not allow order cancellations once the order is placed. However, we understand that sometimes life interferes with your plans, circumstances change, and emergencies arise. As such, we do make allowances for extenuating circumstances. Please contact us with any inquiries.

I'm just going to post it here, as your post brought it to my attention - not FT Quakewave related but - Art Feather Valentines Day Bumblebee duo (http://chimungmung.com/product_info.php?products_id=1024&osCsid=be0f8a3da59e436e95219e9f19bbcb6b)? Limited to 214 pieces :p

lol... uhh no thanks...

Ozboticon
2nd March 2013, 12:06 PM
Hi guys, a quick update. The second run of Quakewaves are sold out. Got this from the TFW boards

Originally Posted by Sidecutter
If you have an order, you have a toy. I am very careful about not selling product I don't have confirmation on.

That's actually why the remainder for the second batch ended up so low. I had kind of expected to be able to bump it another hundred units, but they replied and said nope, sorry, the batch is sold out, what you had before is all we can give you.

Now,regarding a possible third run: still hashing over the info I would need with them, however, they would need to hit a certain number to do that. So if a third run pre-order goes up, it may very well have to be done with an indefinite delivery date, IE, you'll get it when it's ready, and of course refunds would be given if the numbers could not be met to make it work. There's also a possibility the cost would be higher.

Also, I don't know if it's going to happen yet, but there might be a possible limited version...not dark purple or grey, but another variant option (don't want to give away too much without permission). Would people be interested? It would be limited to something like 200 units, and probably run $175 as the costs would be higher.

Trent
2nd March 2013, 05:12 PM
Hi guys, a quick update. The second run of Quakewaves are sold out. Got this from the TFW boards

If you have an order, you have a toy. I am very careful about not selling product I don't have confirmation on.

That's actually why the remainder for the second batch ended up so low. I had kind of expected to be able to bump it another hundred units, but they replied and said nope, sorry, the batch is sold out, what you had before is all we can give you.

Now,regarding a possible third run: still hashing over the info I would need with them, however, they would need to hit a certain number to do that. So if a third run pre-order goes up, it may very well have to be done with an indefinite delivery date, IE, you'll get it when it's ready, and of course refunds would be given if the numbers could not be met to make it work. There's also a possibility the cost would be higher.

Also, I don't know if it's going to happen yet, but there might be a possible limited version...not dark purple or grey, but another variant option (don't want to give away too much without permission). Would people be interested? It would be limited to something like 200 units, and probably run $175 as the costs would be higher.

Yikes. Glad I ordered one when I did. So what could the limited edition one be?

1AZRAEL1
2nd March 2013, 07:32 PM
Damn. Wish I had the funds to order one. Kinda broke and needs to pay off debts :(

Ozboticon
3rd March 2013, 12:01 AM
Yikes. Glad I ordered one when I did. So what could the limited edition one be?

Same!! I ordered back in late January. Should be sent in the next couple of weeks. **fingers crossed**
I dont understand why they are limiting the run on a product that seems in high demand:confused:
I guess it will keep the value high on the secondary market for those of us who have one. Not so good for those having to turn to places like ebay.

Deceptic_Optic
3rd March 2013, 12:34 AM
Damn. Wish I had the funds to order one. Kinda broke and needs to pay off debts :(

i feel yah bro, and expenses arent getting any cheaper

KalEl
3rd March 2013, 11:31 PM
I would really like this as it scales perfectly with the other mp figures and fits in aesthetic. What im hoping is that Has/Tak will release an official version. Problem is that if I wait and then they don't do one I will have to pay aftermarket on this so hmmm, maybe when i can i'll pick it up and sell it if Has/Tak makes one :)

Iriorne
7th March 2013, 02:49 PM
[...]
[...]

I'm not too surprised by this. With order cut off at the end of Feb and US availability by mid-march the production run would have to have been finished weeks ago. The only way to get additional stock would be if there was excess produced at the time of the run and I understand why FansToys might be reluctant to produce more than they had firm orders for.

In other news, apparently the second run has shipped will ship this weekend to retailers and is expected to arrive around mid-march in about 2 weeks. :)

kup
7th March 2013, 03:09 PM
In other news, apparently the second run has shipped to retailers and is expected to arrive around mid-march. :)

Linky?

Iriorne
7th March 2013, 03:31 PM
Oops, I read it yesterday but should have rechecked before posting. They will ship this weekend, with delivery expected in about 2 weeks. I'm sick, so going to blame my addled senses. :o

From TFW:

I spoke to FT earlier, he says they will ship this weekend. So we should have our stock in the next 2 weeks.

Likewise, just paid up the invoice here with the same shipping estimate. Going to be interesting, as I'm also doing a convention next weekend...
Source (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-3rd-party-discussion/727073-fanstoys-ft-03-g1-cartoon-shockwave-way-371.html)

Earlier post amended. :)

kup
7th March 2013, 03:59 PM
Oops, I read it yesterday but should have rechecked before posting. They will ship this weekend, with delivery expected in about 2 weeks. I'm sick, so going to blame my addled senses. :o

From TFW:

Source (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-3rd-party-discussion/727073-fanstoys-ft-03-g1-cartoon-shockwave-way-371.html)

Earlier post amended. :)

Thank you, that's good to know.

VERT
13th March 2013, 12:05 PM
Got the second version gun and hand today.
http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff473/VERTYSNAP/DSC_0524-1.jpg

Tober
13th March 2013, 01:27 PM
Isn't the auxiliary set supposed to include an opaque hand and gun, as well as replacement hose attachment and nozzle..? Maybe some batteries...:confused:

kup
13th March 2013, 01:33 PM
Isn't the auxiliary set supposed to include an opaque hand and gun, as well as replacement hose attachment and nozzle..? Maybe some batteries...:confused:

That's what I thought, I am confused. :confused:

Unless the 2nd wave toy itself comes with the opaque parts installed and the clear ones become the 'spares'.

VERT
13th March 2013, 02:18 PM
Thing is these parts are not use same as the ones I got with my quake wave. They are dark purple. But this may not be the same as the parts you might get. These are parts I personally asked for.

kup
13th March 2013, 03:59 PM
Thing is these parts are not use same as the ones I got with my quake wave. They are dark purple. But this may not be the same as the parts you might get. These are parts I personally asked for.

If these are parts you asked for then it's a whole different ball game.

Trent
13th March 2013, 05:33 PM
Dammit!! I thought this thread got bumped because someone got a shipping notice. :(

VERT
13th March 2013, 05:39 PM
If these are parts you asked for then it's a whole different ball game.

Time will tell. Cause I bet its not what a lot of you are expecting

Iriorne
14th March 2013, 03:00 PM

There seems to be a lot of confusion around this. The 2nd run figures will come with a new hand and gun. The replacement arm with altered hose attachment will be produced at the same time as their next figure and made available to purchasers of Quakewave through their retailer. I think at some point this was misinterpreted to mean that the arm would be available with the second batch of Quakewave figures but this has been confirmed not to be the case. Some retailers (Captured Prey, Aces Toy Store) are including batteries as well but this is at their discretion.

There was an update on shipping from Captured Prey too. The second run figures are expected to start shipping from CP on the 18th or 19th of March. Source1 (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-3rd-party-discussion/727073-fanstoys-ft-03-g1-cartoon-shockwave-way-388.html) Source 2 (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-3rd-party-discussion/727073-fanstoys-ft-03-g1-cartoon-shockwave-way-389.html)

Edit: Pictures of the new hand and gun: Link (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-3rd-party-discussion/727073-fanstoys-ft-03-g1-cartoon-shockwave-way-393.html) (about halfway down)

VERT
14th March 2013, 05:41 PM
Okay thats different from what I got. I'm not fussed I like the clear. But does look real good :-)

Megatron
14th March 2013, 09:59 PM
Got this email from CP just a few hours ago:

Hi All,
So, again in the interests of letting you all knwo what is up, and saving myself typing the same answers over and over again, here's what's going on:

The second run is on the way!
Due to the size of our shipment, it is being shipped in 4 batches to us, each a few days apart, so they will be staggering in over several days.
We expect to begin shipping them out next week. We're hoping for the 18th/19th. I can't completely guarantee they will start shipping Monday or Tuesday however, because...
The solid hand parts are being sent with the second shipment. As soon as that arrives, these will start going out.
If your order is just Quake Wave, or is otherwise entirely in stock with the addition of Quake Wave, your order will be shipping. There's no gap due to a holiday this time and there is no shortage of units.
Please be patient, it will be very much appeciated. This is a huge number of units, and we'll be working very hard to get them shipped, but it will take a little time. I promise you will get your Quake Wave as soon as possible!
Thank you all once again for your amazing response to this figure and for placing your order with Captured Prey, believe me, it's appreciated!

:D:cool:

VGMStudios
15th March 2013, 07:47 AM
yup got the same email. Looking forward to getting this guy. I have never owned a shockwave before.

Starscream77
24th March 2013, 10:18 PM
Got the follow up email from CP today advising that they have filled the orders for wave 2 and expect to ship in the next few days.
Can't wait to get this bad boy in hand

Iriorne
25th March 2013, 08:27 PM
My Quake Wave came in the post today from AcesToyStore. :) Got the opaque hand and gun but no batteries, which I thought Aces was offering as well, but no matter as I was on the fence about putting them in anyway after hearing about the tightness of the fit.

First impressions:

QW is a weighty figure, 560g with his backpack. Most of the weight is in the legs and feet so he feels very stable. I don't think I've seen any photos that capture the colour correctly, but Vert's photos on page (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=14984&page=18) 18 of this thread are fairly close, as well as the official FansToys colour images.

Someone on the TFW forums was complaining about the texture of the plastic, I believe a comparison was made to a horrible '90s CRT monitor shell. Maybe I just had some really terrible monitors, but I don't think the texture is anywhere close to that. It's just textured enough to give it a satin look while still feeling smooth. Looks good but it may wear with extended handling, like keyboard keys getting shiny after a while.

I was concerned about the stability of the joints for the handle in gun mode, I thought they might be prone to breakage when held by the grip. Fortunately all the weight in the legs gives the gun excellent balance and it feels really solid.

Leg and hip extensions are pretty stiff, be careful when extending and contracting. I thought I was being careful and still managed to draw blood! The instructions would have you extend/retract the legs together as one unit after connecting them, but I found it easier to do them individually as they felt like they required less force.

I haven't attempted to change the hand and gun barrel yet. Will try and document the process with some photos and post up later.

Edit: The collector card included in the box is very pretty too. I was expecting cardboard like the TT MP cards, but this one has got sparkly inks and is on a harder plastic, like a credit card.

Starscream77
27th March 2013, 10:15 PM
Got my shipping notice today from captured prey!!!
He is on his way

Omega Metro
28th March 2013, 03:46 AM
Ughhh, I ordered mine in Feb from Chimmungmung and won't be in stock til mid April.:(

kup
28th March 2013, 09:56 AM
I also got the shipment notice from Captured Prey :)

VGMStudios
29th March 2013, 09:18 AM
Got my shipping notice today from captured prey!!!
He is on his way

same here. Looking Forward to getting him.

Ozboticon
29th March 2013, 04:07 PM
I also got the shipment notice from Captured Prey :)

Me too :)
I had sent as express post. Wonder how long it will take?

kup
29th March 2013, 04:15 PM
Me too :)
I had sent as express post. Wonder how long it will take?

It's always random from the US. Could be next week or could be the week after that.

Iriorne
30th March 2013, 12:40 AM
Changing the gun and hand is pretty straight forward, all you'll need is an appropriate size* Phillips head screwdriver. Here's a step by step if you want to see what's involved:

Remove three screws from right arm. The inside half of the arm can then be popped off. The hand just slips over a round post so swap it over and close it back up.
Remove three screws from the left arm. Remove the battery cover and inside half of the left arm.
Carefully slide out the gun barrel, switch, and battery compartment. The wiring can be quite fragile. If you don't care about the electronics, you can probably just insert the opaque barrel and reassemble the case, otherwise remove the small screw from the base of the barrel.
The tip of the gun barrel can be popped off and the halves separated. Remove the LED and wires from the barrel. Disassemble the opaque barrel in the same way, install the LED then reassemble the barrel and arm. Don't forget to put the end of the hose back inside before you close up the arm. :)

Larger image (https://dl.dropbox.com/u/233731/OTCA/QW_steps.jpg)

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/233731/OTCA/QW_steps_sm.jpg (https://dl.dropbox.com/u/233731/OTCA/QW_steps.jpg)

Sorry for the less than optimal lighting.

* Some people have reported that the screw heads might be prone to stripping if you use too large/small a screwdriver. A 1.8 mm jeweler's screwdriver fit perfectly for me.

kup
30th March 2013, 12:44 AM
Thanks! That will be very helpful reference for those who wish to swap parts.

Iriorne
3rd April 2013, 01:10 AM
A word of warning: If you have the backpack plugged in you may want to fold the gun sight slightly outwards so that it's not hard up against the small of his back. If folded all the way up, the backpack can scratch the silver paint on the sight when you rotate at the waist.

Trent
3rd April 2013, 06:05 PM
Mwuhahahahahaha!!!!!! My enemies are doomed!!!!:D

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc88/Wrxus/TFs/5AF75907-9CF7-4D4B-85CF-D0E8004DD0EF-1404-000002945B1B1442.jpg

Trent
3rd April 2013, 06:29 PM
Oh and this guy is pretty damned awesome. A very well executed figure.

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc88/Wrxus/TFs/54F273E2-DC01-4288-98C4-F1298F3FD16D-1430-00000296B1586AF4.jpg

Trent
4th April 2013, 02:46 PM
First impressions:

QW is a weighty figure, 560g with his backpack. Most of the weight is in the legs and feet so he feels very stable. I don't think I've seen any photos that capture the colour correctly, but Vert's photos on page (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=14984&page=18) 18 of this thread are fairly close, as well as the official FansToys colour images.

Someone on the TFW forums was complaining about the texture of the plastic, I believe a comparison was made to a horrible '90s CRT monitor shell. Maybe I just had some really terrible monitors, but I don't think the texture is anywhere close to that. It's just textured enough to give it a satin look while still feeling smooth. Looks good but it may wear with extended handling, like keyboard keys getting shiny after a while.

I was concerned about the stability of the joints for the handle in gun mode, I thought they might be prone to breakage when held by the grip. Fortunately all the weight in the legs gives the gun excellent balance and it feels really solid.

Leg and hip extensions are pretty stiff, be careful when extending and contracting. I thought I was being careful and still managed to draw blood! The instructions would have you extend/retract the legs together as one unit after connecting them, but I found it easier to do them individually as they felt like they required less force.

I haven't attempted to change the hand and gun barrel yet. Will try and document the process with some photos and post up later.

Edit: The collector card included in the box is very pretty too. I was expecting cardboard like the TT MP cards, but this one has got sparkly inks and is on a harder plastic, like a credit card.

I'll back all the above comments. He is one of the most solid MP style figures yet. At no time during transformation do I feel like I'm gonna break anything, which is more than I can say for every other MP except for Prime. I can see where the comment about the CRT monitor style plastic finish came from, but the guy is on drugs if he doesn't rate the feel and finish of the plastic. I wouldn't expect anything different from an official version.

I did notice that the box was a little beat up. Not from shipping, Captured Prey packed it excellently so it wasn't the postal service. :confused: however the toy itself was flawless.

One thing however was the mid-section on mine was collapsed when I took it out of the box. It is required to be like this for alt mode but you can't get the backpack on in that state as the torso is too short. You have to pull pretty hard to extend it and this did concern me only until I did it the first time. Oh and there is nothing that I could see in the instructions about collapsing/extending the torso for transformation either, so just be aware of that.

Transformation is relatively simple, but still satisfying. The way the gun handle is made out of the legs I thought was particularly clever.

My gripes are few and small with this guy. The biggest one for me is his lack of a neck. His head is just sitting on his shoulders with nothing in between. A little bit of a neck would have given his head a bit better range of motion and also helped the overall appearance. The gap I between his arms in gun mode. I think this could have been improved on without greatly affecting the robot aesthetic. The lack of a trigger for gun mode. And the legs are a tiny bit to bulky compared to the rest of him.

However these are minor gripes and overall I think this guy is completely awesome. FansToys have really lifted the bar with this guy. While I can understand that people would want to wait for an official MP Shockwave, and it may equal this one in terms of quality and looks, Takara will be VERY hard pressed to beat it.

:D