PDA

View Full Version : FOC Grimlock and Blaster images (out next week)

ispayks
11th December 2012, 06:32 PM
Available December 2012 (http://www.robotkingdom.com/services/eshop/main.php?action=details&CatType=Category&II=TF2012VOY002-2&lang=us&CatID=100_2) Group buy anyone?

Blaster (http://www.robotkingdom.com/services/eshop/main.php?action=details&CatType=Category&II=TF2012VOY002-3&lang=us&CatID=100_2)

Grimlock (http://www.robotkingdom.com/services/eshop/main.php?action=details&CatType=Category&II=TF2012VOY002-1&lang=us&CatID=100_2)

Tetsuwan Convoy
11th December 2012, 08:19 PM
Hmm, those photo shopped pictures look so nice.:D:rolleyes:

kup
11th December 2012, 08:58 PM
Is there real pics of the final version?

Defcon
13th December 2012, 10:31 PM
Just recently, there are non photoshopped images of Grimlock, and Blaster in boxes on Robot Kingdom.

griffin
14th December 2012, 01:54 AM
Moved group order posts into group order section - next time, please set up a separate group order topic in that section... this section is for news only.

gantz
14th December 2012, 08:33 AM
I simply must have that Grimlock.

Any thoughts on if/when these will hit Oz??

kup
14th December 2012, 01:01 PM
I simply must have that Grimlock.

Any thoughts on if/when these will hit Oz??

The colors seem fine (for once) but the proportions are a bit too TF Prime for me as the character model in FOC had thick legs. I wish they had better res pics to be sure about the grey and gold.

I will still get it though, it is still the best 'Classics' Grimlock we have gotten.

5FDP
14th December 2012, 03:46 PM
From what I have read his dino head tucks away into his chest when in bot mode which is a nice touch and an improvement over most versions of the character whereby it just sits as kibble on his back.

Only downside is the 'Hasbro grey' on his dino arms. Should be silver.

...it is still the best 'Classics' Grimlock we have gotten.

I would have to agree with this.

SuspectimusPrime
14th December 2012, 11:18 PM
I will still get it though, it is still the best 'Classics' Grimlock we have gotten.

I would have to agree with this.

Looks fantastic -- now I can have this as Classicsverse Grimlock at just the perfect scale, and use the actual 2006 Classics Grimlock as Classicsverse 'Classic Pretenders' Grimlock without a character clash :D
(*phew*, what excessive use of the word 'classic'..)

griffin
15th December 2012, 12:20 AM
Some in-hand images of the pair can be seen here (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/inhand-images-transformers-generations-fall-of-cybertron-voyagers-grimlock-and-blaster-with-steeljaw/26375/).

SuspectimusPrime
15th December 2012, 01:06 AM
Some in-hand images of the pair can be seen here (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/inhand-images-transformers-generations-fall-of-cybertron-voyagers-grimlock-and-blaster-with-steeljaw/26375/).

Really do like that scale. I'm guessing he's about the same size as Classics Voyager OP, and a little bit shorter than Classics Voyager Jetfire? :)

Bidoofdude
15th December 2012, 10:01 AM
I NEED THAT GRIMLOCK. It's also quite unusual to find electronics on a voyager.

VERT
15th December 2012, 01:19 PM
Mine was posted yesterday. Come on Post you can do it! :rolleyes: sure he will arrive next in the next 5 days :rolleyes:

Ultra Mackness
15th December 2012, 03:12 PM
Got my item posted email for Grimlock from RK today:D much prefer this version to the classics version - hope it arrives sooner rather than later!

Quickstrike
15th December 2012, 10:26 PM
I definitely want Grimlock and Blaster. For sure.

Mythirax
15th December 2012, 10:36 PM
I'm going to have to get two of those Grimlocks! Have to have robot and dino mode on the shelves :D:D:D

1orion2many
16th December 2012, 01:14 AM
I'll go against the flow here, The robot mode looks fine but the Dino mode is horrible. It has a hollow stomach with a Ghetto booty tail, Not impressed.

Tetsuwan Convoy
16th December 2012, 01:33 AM
I'll go against the flow here, The robot mode looks fine but the Dino mode is horrible. It has a hollow stomach with a Ghetto booty tail, Not impressed.

BWAAAAH! Its got a huge damn gap in his belly. Noooooo! i was rather looking forward to this, not so much anymore though.... Aaaw, I was rather hoping animated grombo would be the last with a big gap in the tummy. Now it appears to be the norm...:( the electronics look OK.

Come on Hasbro, you can do better than this.

geez RK, get a better camera damn it, those are some of the grainiest photos I've seen since I took a picture of some bread.

GoktimusPrime
16th December 2012, 09:06 AM
I'll wait until I find these babies locally - too busy saving up for Encore Fort Max to worry about importing them. :p

I NEED THAT GRIMLOCK. It's also quite unusual to find electronics on a voyager.
While unusual it's not unheard of to find electronic gimmicks in toys below Leader Class - but they're usually LED gimmicks (which is what this appears to be). Toys of Leader Class and above tend to have stupid sound gimmicks. LED gimmicks are relatively simple as they take up less space as sound gimmicks, since you don't need to have the actual speaker in the toy. But this is a good thing IMO -- because sound gimmicks require a "block", it hampers the design/engineering of the toy since that block cannot be separated. They essentially end up designing a toy around the gimmick (moreso than designing the gimmick into the toy). LED gimmicks are far less intrusive and don't lend themselves to compromising toy designs like sound gimmicks do.

Small toys like the carded G2 Laser Rods and Micron Legend Hot Rod (JP version of Armada Hot Shot) all had LED gimmicks. Yeah alright, Hot Shot's not a well engineered toy, but that's because his design's hampered by his Mini-Con gimmick, not the electronic LED (which the Hasbro version doesn't even have :p)

1AZRAEL1
16th December 2012, 03:06 PM
Bought if I seen them locally. While I really want them, too much I have on order from BBTS to order more stuff. Need money to be able to buy things lol.

kup
16th December 2012, 10:39 PM
The gold looks a little cheap but the silver looks fine. I hope Tomy shows theirs soon before this hits local to help me decide.

Edit:

Agreed, I didn't pick up on the hollow stomach until you mentioned it :(

A bit disappointed. Maybe this isn't 'Wait till Japanese version' material.

griffin
20th December 2012, 02:28 PM
A video review (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/transformers-generations-fall-of-cybertron-voyager-class-grimlock-video-review/26406/) of Grimlock from a toy dealer, and a gallery of photos (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/additional-transformers-generations-fall-of-cybertron-voyager-grimlock-images/26388/).

Trent
20th December 2012, 09:51 PM
Yeah, local release for me.

kup
20th December 2012, 10:20 PM
A video review (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/transformers-generations-fall-of-cybertron-voyager-class-grimlock-video-review/26406/) of Grimlock from a toy dealer, and a gallery of photos (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/additional-transformers-generations-fall-of-cybertron-voyager-grimlock-images/26388/).

Do toy dealers ever give a bad review of a toy they sell? :D

Ultra Mackness
21st December 2012, 10:01 AM
Something that I didn't notice until mine arrived and I could examine it more closely is the Autobot insignia on Grimmy's chest in Bot mode - it has teeth! You can see it in the ninth pic down in the photo gallery Griffin posted. Is this an in-game feature or is it only on the toy? Either way I like it!

Bidoofdude
21st December 2012, 12:33 PM
I was pretty sure it was toy-only, but I could be wrong. I'll check if no one else wants to.

Tetsuwan Convoy
21st December 2012, 01:24 PM
Looking at this game screenshot, (http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120825174220/transformers/images/3/3e/Foc-grimlock-game-sword11.jpg)I'd say no.

But I know there was a Lightning Strike Coalition insignia on the door before you enter Grimlock's room in the base which was a more aggro version of the Autobot one.
Found a video of it here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuUnTPLjxPM)

Similar but not the same

Bidoofdude
21st December 2012, 01:55 PM
Is there some sort of red/pink glow paint that would on the red line things to make them glow? Because that would be nice.:D
I will probably paint the crotch or get someone to do it for me. (seeing as I suck at painting:o)

Bidoofdude
21st December 2012, 02:06 PM
I actually am considering waiting to see the Takara version, just to treat myself to what is hopefully awesomeness. I'll cave if we see Hasbro here first, but I might wait a bit to see the Takara one.
BTW, what are FOC Voyagers retailing at in Japan?
I'll probably get Hasbro one though, since I'm a cheapo.

Tetsuwan Convoy
21st December 2012, 05:19 PM
[QUOTE=Bidoofdude;332593
[/QUOTE]
I dint think FOC voyagers ARE retailing in Japan yet.

But remember, Shockwave got slammed into Prime = Stickers

Bidoofdude
21st December 2012, 06:33 PM
What is the recommended price for FOC Soundwave there when it comes out?
I hope its not AM. Damn it.

M-bot
21st December 2012, 08:33 PM
Is there some sort of red/pink glow paint that would on the red line things to make them glow? Because that would be nice.:D
I will probably paint the crotch or get someone to do it for me. (seeing as I suck at painting:o)

Reprolabels.com have some sweet WFC/FOC sticker sets that have that "glow" kind of effect. Not for everyone I'd imagine, as they add a couple of dollars onto the cost of the toy, which, as many have pointed out, are pretty small for deluxes.

Edit: There aren't any sticker sets for the newest figures yet - I believe the Combaticons are the next ones in the pipeline - but i would imagine they would be making some for the voyagers in coming months.

griffin
22nd December 2012, 01:36 AM
Shockwave was released in Arms Microns, but the other FOC toys are being released in their separate line as "Generations" with product numbers starting with "TG".
Since they aren't part of Arms Micron, they don't appear to have stickers.
Approximate retail prices in Japan - 3100y (Deluxe) & 5400y (Voyager)
(which is about AU$36 and AU$62... that's up by 25-50% on the Arms Micron prices - Hasbro are certainly making the Japanese pay for their recent failures)

SuspectimusPrime
22nd December 2012, 01:45 AM
Shockwave was released in Arms Microns, but the other FOC toys are being released in their separate line as "Generations" with product numbers starting with "TG".
Since they aren't part of Arms Micron, they don't appear to have stickers.
Approximate retail prices in Japan - 3100y (Deluxe) & 5400y (Voyager)
(which is about AU$36 and AU$62... that's up by 25-50% on the Arms Micron prices - Hasbro are certainly making the Japanese pay for their recent failures)

Myer almost had those prices for Deluxes and Voyagers a few years back.

Bidoofdude
22nd December 2012, 01:32 PM
Thanks Griffin. I could go either way with all in consideration.

M-bot
22nd December 2012, 03:32 PM
I actually am considering waiting to see the Takara version, just to treat myself to what is hopefully awesomeness. I'll cave if we see Hasbro here first, but I might wait a bit to see the Takara one.
I'll probably get Hasbro one though, since I'm a cheapo.

I've put reviews up in the appropriate section, although in short, my advice would be: Hasbro Blaster is fine, but Takara Grimlock has got to be better than the dull-looking and poorly-coloured Hasbro Grimlock.

kup
23rd December 2012, 12:32 AM
Something that I didn't notice until mine arrived and I could examine it more closely is the Autobot insignia on Grimmy's chest in Bot mode - it has teeth! You can see it in the ninth pic down in the photo gallery Griffin posted. Is this an in-game feature or is it only on the toy? Either way I like it!

Yeah that is cool and a nice touch even if game inaccurate.

kup
23rd December 2012, 12:33 AM
Hasbro are certainly making the Japanese pay for their recent failures)

Sorry, I probably should know this already but what are the Japanese recent failures?

SuspectimusPrime
23rd December 2012, 01:50 AM
Sorry, I probably should know this already but what are the Japanese recent failures?

I think griffin's referring to the whole Arms Micron line being inferior to the Hasbro releases?

griffin
23rd December 2012, 02:22 AM
Sorry, I meant Hasbro's own failures... with the TF3 line and TFPrime lines under-performing thanks to their assortment ratios and over-saturation of the first waves.
Hasbro US makes a commission from any non-US sale, so the more they make the foreign markets pay for their toys, the more they make in their "non-domestic revenue"... a revenue they need after their last profit reports had a decline in profit in their domestic market (but had a rise in non-domestic profit).

But that's just my thoughts... there's no proof.

kup
23rd December 2012, 02:53 AM
Sorry, I meant Hasbro's own failures... with the TF3 line and TFPrime lines under-performing thanks to their assortment ratios and over-saturation of the first waves.
Hasbro US makes a commission from any non-US sale, so the more they make the foreign markets pay for their toys, the more they make in their "non-domestic revenue"... a revenue they need after their last profit reports had a decline in profit in their domestic market (but had a rise in non-domestic profit).

But that's just my thoughts... there's no proof.

Makes sense in explaining why the Japanese toys have gone up so much. During the Henkei era, it was possible to buy a deluxe figure at a comparable price as local retail with shipping. The latter United releases were a few dollars more but still worth it due to the good toys and nice paint jobs.

Now that the molds are very mediocre and QC is very questionable, it is no longer worth the 25%-30% price hikes even with the better paint jobs in the Generations line. The Sticker dependent Japanese Prime line is not even worth paying attention to in my opinion.