PDA

View Full Version : joint tightening G1's

iamirondude
14th December 2012, 06:21 PM
does anyone know how to tighten up joints on G1 transformers.i know on the ball joints to use nail polish but what about where pins and screws and the slidie things.

1AZRAEL1
14th December 2012, 06:27 PM
I still usually use the nail polish. Not a permanent fix if you transform them all the time, but for display it works. Doesn't work on everything though.

Slag
14th December 2012, 07:38 PM
I usually use superglue ,i think mine is bolt or flash glue, to build up the area that is worn then hit it with a spray of accelerator (OMP insta-set in my case) let it set for a bit then screw the bits back together.
If it's a high stress joint, araldite and steel pins. + grind down the bit thats causing all the issues to begin with (Hardheads chest plate or horri-bulls head,, just ridiculously over-sized tabs)

I should have said. pull the loose area apart first. Most loose joints are just because the plastic has worn down over time and it needs to be built back up.
Most transformers can be pulled apart easily enough. (i've only ever had problems with Blot, He seems to be glued in places) or sometimes you can just roughen up, or put some dents in the surface of the joint, I used to bite the tabs on my lego mens heads if their helmets didn't stay on.

Mythirax
15th December 2012, 09:48 PM
Do use mean actual nail polish or nail polish remover? I need some ball joints tightened myself. But never heard of this method. Sorry for the partial hi-jack. Just curious :d

1AZRAEL1
15th December 2012, 10:21 PM
Clear nail polish. Adds extra coats to build up the joints. Usually do a few coats to beef it up quite a bit. Give it time to dry quite a bit before more coats, otherwise it won't work so well.