PDA

View Full Version : Alternators/Binaltech series?

Ae-Evolution
21st December 2012, 12:09 AM
My uncle and I were having a conversation today and this came up, were arguing that there was a series for the Alternator/Binaltech line, I said there wasn't, he said he swore he remembered something for it. Is there a series?

GoktimusPrime
21st December 2012, 12:27 AM
Do you mean like a story series? If so, yes there was. It's called The Story of Binaltech.
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Story_of_Binaltech

Looks like someone owes their uncle a beer. :)

Ae-Evolution
21st December 2012, 12:02 PM
I meant like a Tv show series.

Bidoofdude
21st December 2012, 12:36 PM
No, just a story. No TV show, as they were more realism kind of figures than cartoon characters.

GoktimusPrime
21st December 2012, 05:02 PM
Well, it's because Binaltech's aimed at mature collectors (Ages 15+), and Transformers TV series are all intended principally for children (yes, even Beast Machines :rolleyes:). That's why many fans consider the best TF stories to exist in text form (e.g. comic books) rather than on screen. :o That's why Galvatron was just a crazy loon in the G1 cartoon, but in the G1 comics he was a freakin' demi-god who kicked butt across time, space and alternate dimensions (still crazy but ;)).

Tetsuwan Convoy
21st December 2012, 05:15 PM
No, just a story. No TV show, as they were more realism kind of figures than cartoon characters.
IIRC, the only story was included on the back of the Instructions as well.. It was fairly developed though.

On the Plus side Ae-Evo, someone owes you a beer ;)

GoktimusPrime
21st December 2012, 05:45 PM
IIRC, the only story was included on the back of the Instructions as well.. It was fairly developed though.
Yes that's right. It was a text-only story that where each "episode/chapter" was included in the instruction booklet of each toy, so it was an interesting gimmick to entice people to "collect them all" in order to get the whole story. :) And yeah, it was well developed because it was written by Ichikawa Hirofumi, a high-profile Transformers fan in Japan who has come to do a lot of official work for Takara(TOMY). :cool: