PDA

View Full Version : Who was your first???

loophole
4th July 2008, 08:37 PM
This has had to of happen to evrybody out there by now, but what Transformer was the first one that you had to read the instructions before you could actually transfrom them?

The first Transformer for me that i had to read the instructions before i could transform them was G1 Cyclonus i know its sad but when i was about 9 or 10 i just couldnt figure it out!!!!!

So who was your first???

Gutsman Heavy
4th July 2008, 08:42 PM
I think it was MP Prime, granted that was first TF I had got since G1

1orion2many
4th July 2008, 08:44 PM
:eek:The Horrendous Magmatron, unfortunately i could only find a Japanese copy of the instructions on the net which made it even more difficult:o

TF76
4th July 2008, 08:46 PM
G1 Thundercracker, he was my first so I needed instructions.

After a few I never did, until I got back into it and needed them for Movie Barricade and Bumblebee. Just because they were really different toys to what I remembered.

I have pretty much stopped using again instruction now, they can be really confusing.

The most complicated was probably Mp Prime but still easy to work out, however I did have to look at Animated Prowl’s instructions to get him back into a motorcycle.

Gutsman Heavy
4th July 2008, 08:50 PM
:eek:The Horrendous Magmatron, unfortunately i could only find a Japanese copy of the instructions on the net which made it even more difficult:o

Oh he was a right bastard the first time!

dirge
4th July 2008, 08:55 PM
BT Smokescreen (the first BT, so I wasn't used to them).

BTW typo in the thread title corrected (:

1orion2many
4th July 2008, 09:18 PM
BT Smokescreen (the first BT, so I wasn't used to them).

BTW typo in the thread title corrected (:

:DI was ignoring the typo as it made me want to have a look to see what the thread was about:D

loophole
4th July 2008, 09:20 PM
:DI was ignoring the typo as it made me want to have a look to see what the thread was about:D

There was a typo?!... oh wait that was my plan all along!!

dirge
4th July 2008, 09:26 PM
that was my paln all along!!

:D

loophole
4th July 2008, 09:30 PM
:D

now kids never drink and write you'll look like an idiot lol

Pulse
4th July 2008, 10:11 PM
RID Omega Prime :o.

Back in '01, RID Prime & Magnus were a b#tch to combine (Well, for me they were :o but to any sane person - they were probably easy-as... :D)

autobreadticon
4th July 2008, 10:22 PM
perceptor universe mini-con, frekin the key and lock mechanism did not fit and i try for 2 days to work it out. Until i came to conclusion the key was to big, so i got a file and mulitated it so it could fit

Paulbot
4th July 2008, 10:27 PM
Even with the instructions I've never made BW Rampage's tank mode :confused:

kup
4th July 2008, 11:16 PM
I always look at instructions after transforming the figure myself, just to check if I got everything right.

However more recently, I just look at Seibertron galleries to check if I transformed him right.

genechan
4th July 2008, 11:22 PM
The first thing that I remember that was Transformer related, was when Hungry Jacks had the Transformers toys in the Happy Meal a good 10 years back. I got the hanburger :D

But Transformer toys....my classics Starscream :)

STL
4th July 2008, 11:55 PM
Even with the instructions I've never made BW Rampage's tank mode :confused:

I did and i agree it wasn't easy. I've only done it once though and I really like the way it's designed. Great triple changer imo.

When I was a kid i never used instructions, not that I remember them.

As an adult, i was collecting G1 for quite a while which didn't make it very hard. I only ever checked to make sure the weapons on the bases were in the right places where pics didn't suffice. But when I got to BTs, BT-10 Grimlock was the first pain in the rear where I had to consult my instructions. And even then I couldn't get it! He's one tough bugger.

Another recent one I needed instructions for Voyager Ironhide. I had no clue for a while how to get it back into truck mode. I pity the kids who bought him last year.

Thanatos
5th July 2008, 12:16 AM
I always use the instructions so I don't break the figure.

I'm so pedantic.

Tetsuwan Convoy
5th July 2008, 01:13 AM
RID Omega Prime :o.

Back in '01, RID Prime & Magnus were a b#tch to combine (Well, for me they were :o but to any sane person - they were probably easy-as... :D)
Aaaaaa I didn't find them easy either, although my sanity is often questioned. It took me about an hour first time, and I believe I ended up sweating during the process. Gross, but true (and I'm not even a fatty).

I always use the instructions so I don't break the figure.

I'm so pedantic.

I always use the instructions, not to avoid breaking the figure though, it has become a ritual now. Open the box, look at bits of paper in box. Admire figure, take figure out, unfold instructions, admire instructions. Read names of weapons...... etc etc

NOW WHO'S PEDANTIC? HEY? HEY?:rolleyes::p:D

Pulse
5th July 2008, 11:29 AM
Aaaaaa I didn't find them easy either, although my sanity is often questioned. It took me about an hour first time, and I believe I ended up sweating during the process. Gross, but true (and I'm not even a fatty).

I knew it wasn't just me :D.

But atleast you didn't get so frustrated with them that you packed 'em away & didn't take 'em out for years to come... :rolleyes::o

Sam
5th July 2008, 12:03 PM
I always read my instructions because I don't want to break any of my figures by accident.

But if it was a figure that I _had_ to read instructions for, I'd say it was Metroplex.

Mixmaster
5th July 2008, 12:22 PM
Yep, Alternator Grimlock for me too. I still can't seem to transform that without the instructions. I'm another who always reads the instructions first too.

Bartrim
5th July 2008, 05:48 PM
I always read the instructions as I don't want to break a figure I've just bought.

That being said I bought a prototype Movie Ironhide off ebay that had instructions and I managed to transform him using Seibertron gallery pictures of him:D

Mind you it did take me 2.5hrs:o

genechan
5th July 2008, 06:38 PM
Yep, Alternator Grimlock for me too. I still can't seem to transform that without the instructions. I'm another who always reads the instructions first too.

I can't properly transform Alternator Jazz/Meister with instructions, thats him being from Robot to Car mode =_=

AND Offroad Ironhide...at the moment he looks like a hunchback retarded transformer LOL

Golden Phoenix
5th July 2008, 10:40 PM
With a lot of them I only open up the instructions for one or 2 parts. But when it came to MP Megatron I had to use it for the whole thing. Took me an 30-45 mins just to transform him the first time

Geminii
6th July 2008, 02:04 AM
Something back in '84, no doubt. :) I always read the instructions once if they come with the purchase, just in case there are easily-missed gimmicks or things which are supposed to be done in a certain order.

liegeprime
6th July 2008, 02:14 AM
For G1's they were kinda predictable, plus most of my G1s are second hand so no intructions ,:(. Good thing they're easy. BW , meh i only get the figure s which I like ( and tend to be simple as well) the first time I really needed intructions badly was with Energon Unicron. Then everything after was all easy to figure out again and then comes the need for instructions on Alternators and MPs, the thing about the arms in some Alts are a real doosy. I thought I was gonna break a tab off Alt Bluestreak. I also had a weird moment transforming the "naughty, unmentionable" MP :D almost broke his arm off. Almost.

i_amtrunks
7th July 2008, 10:31 AM
I can't properly transform Alternator Jazz/Meister with instructions, thats him being from Robot to Car mode =_=

Alt Jazz's instructions are about as useful as Universe Nemesis Prime's. You are much better using toy galleries as a guide than using the instructions to get the correct transformation.

Tober
7th July 2008, 10:40 AM
So far I haven't needed to use instructions for any Transformers toys. I've always managed to transform them, but I do look at the instructions afterwards to make sure I haven't missed any details - which happens sometimes, such as applying the ridiculous amount of force needed to extend Alternators Prime's legs a few millimeters...

Part of the appeal of transforming toys to me is figuring out how it transforms only using pictures on the box. Only on two occasions have I had to 'cheat' because I thought I was applying too much force and the toy would break if I was wrong.

STL
7th July 2008, 11:27 AM
So far I haven't needed to use instructions for any Transformers toys. I've always managed to transform them, but I do look at the instructions afterwards to make sure I haven't missed any details - which happens sometimes, such as applying the ridiculous amount of force needed to extend Alternators Prime's legs a few millimeters...

Part of the appeal of transforming toys to me is figuring out how it transforms only using pictures on the box. Only on two occasions have I had to 'cheat' because I thought I was applying too much force and the toy would break if I was wrong.

Same here. I cheat when I become a bit concerned about the feebleness of the toy. I find I only do that for my eBay purchases and never anything from retail. The reason being is b/c if I do stuff something at retail, there's always the refund. With eBay though, it's much tougher to get a replacement.

I'm also a huge frequenter of Seibertron.com's image galleries to get all the angles on my TFs if I come into trouble.

Pulse
7th July 2008, 11:32 AM
Seibertron Galleries = Goldmine! :D

(especially for spasmods like me :o)