PDA

View Full Version : The Hobbit Lego is out

SofaMan
22nd December 2012, 08:49 AM
Saw the Hobbit Lego at Myer, Toyworld, KMart and Target yesterday, with prices being pretty much the same everywhere. Only Myer had all of the sets in quantity, and they also have 20% off until the 24th.

Sam
22nd December 2012, 09:23 AM
Unfortunately any LEGO set with short minifig legs will not interest me until LEGO takes the overdue step of putting proper articulation in those short legs.

I wrote to them twice and they said they are "looking into it"....

i_amtrunks
22nd December 2012, 11:32 PM
Forgot to mention this on Wednesday. Target and Uncle Peter had the sets, Target had all of them, while UPetes only had the Gollum and Warg sets. Must say the prices are a rort, $20 for the smallest set that any non licensed set of a similar size would sell for about $13.

Due to a one day buy one get 50% off sale at Target, I nabbed the hobbit hole set (unexpected gathering?) for $60. As nice a set as it looks like and as good as the reviews are there is No way is it worth $120! None of the other sets (bar Gollum) look that great for regular prices let alone these crazy ones!

I think the barrel escape set may be a tru exclusive.

Bidoofdude
29th December 2012, 06:01 PM
I saw them today and I really want them, especially after seeing the movie today. I like the GKing Battle but it seems kind of expensive.

i_amtrunks
29th December 2012, 07:20 PM
I saw them today and I really want them, especially after seeing the movie today. I like the GKing Battle but it seems kind of expensive.

Prices are bonkers for the sets. try tru.com or barnes and noble, even with shipping, prices are better, or do what I did and get lucky with Buy 1 get 50% off or 30% off sales to bring those prices down.

SofaMan
29th December 2012, 09:52 PM
Prices are bonkers for the sets. try tru.com or barnes and noble, even with shipping, prices are better, or do what I did and get lucky with Buy 1 get 50% off or 30% off sales to bring those prices down.

TRU.com is no good - they won't ship Lego to Australia. Few places will; Lego like being able to charge their Australia Tax too much, and get stroppy at international merchants who try to sell to non-local markets at local prices.

Krayt
4th January 2013, 09:26 AM
When did TRU stop shipping us lego?

i_amtrunks
4th January 2013, 01:07 PM
When did TRU stop shipping us lego?

A few weeks ago, just before Christmas. They would never ship the small polybag sets (wanted Gandalf and the Urukhai) but now they wont ship any lego, guess Lego got in contact with them.

Now I'll never get me a decent priced Diagon Alley lego set!

Krayt
7th January 2013, 09:17 AM
Maybe you guys are hitting the wrong sets???? I just something, and got through to payment fine.... but i don't want it so stopped there