PDA

View Full Version : Monthly Board Banners and Themes

griffin
2nd January 2013, 02:02 PM
Each month will feature a themed banner and discussion topics (in this re-labelled 15th-Anniversary section), based on the most significant Series/Eras in Transformers History... primarily the ones with a range of toys and comics/comics, to discuss the good and bad of the product-range and the accompanying fiction.

I want to generate more "reflecting on the past series" interaction, to inspire and enlighten newer members, as well as prevent long periods of apathy towards the franchise just because Hasbro and/or TakaraTomy spend too much time on something unappealing to the long-term members of the fandom.

Twelve themes/Eras/series have have been allocated to each month, chronologically, and as noted above, the Monthly Themes will only cover a series that has a comprehensive range of toy and fiction options for people to comment on.

As of this year, the months will be broken up as follows (future years may need to include new series, which may require bunching up of older ones)

January - Hasbro Generation 1 (1984-1993 - any country)
February - Japanese Gen1 (1984-1993 - emphasis on the elements that are JP exclusive)
March - Generation 2 (1993-1995)
April - Beast Wars (1995-1999 - includes JP elements, because the fiction isn't easily available to warrant it's own month)
May - Beast Machines (1999-2000)
June - Robots in Disguise (2000-2002)
July - Armada (2002-2003)
August - Energon (2003-2005)
September - Cybertron (2005-2006)
October - Animated (2008-2010)
November - Prime (2011-2013) & Rescue Bots (2011-2013)
December - Movies (1986 classic & 2007-2011 current) & "Others" (for those who just need to talk about a series that isn't diverse enough for its own month)

Japanese equivalents would be covered in whatever US series is listed, but unless we had a decent exposure/availability to it, the focus of discussion will be on the US versions.... because that's what almost all of us here will want to talk about or even know enough to talk about.

As noted in the December month - an various JP & US series/lines/Eras that weren't diverse enough to generate much discussion here for a whole month (compared to the other months) will be grouped in with the Movies Month... as few of the long-term fans will be too keen to be too involved with Movies discussion for a while.

If this concept generates enough interest and discussion, it will be a permanent thing each year, with fresh topics posted for the benefit of new members since the last lot, and for the older members who are keen to have their say again.

The Monthly Banners use toy photos to prevent any legal issues with Hasbro (from using any official images or logos). The special effects done to the photos to create the Banners was done by Paulbot.

January's Banner...
http://www.toycollectors.com.au/calendar/b01.jpg

griffin
5th February 2013, 01:51 PM
Just wanted to note that I'm using some stand-in banners (of toylines that aren't monthly themes) for this month until such time that I can get a JP Gen1 banner done up. (I have to take a photo first)

Bidoofdude
5th February 2013, 04:13 PM
Just wanted to note that I'm using some stand-in banners (of toylines that aren't monthly themes) for this month until such time that I can get a JP Gen1 banner done up. (I have to take a photo first)

It looks really nice though.:cool:

griffin
9th February 2013, 02:36 PM
Just working on this months topics...

Changed the banner to another one Paulbot did up for me.

griffin
10th February 2013, 03:17 PM
Got the new JP banner from Paulbot today, so it's up there now for the rest of the month.

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/calendar/b02.jpg

Easy enough to guess which 8 toys are in it?

KalEl
10th February 2013, 04:14 PM

Haha yup :P

Bidoofdude
10th February 2013, 04:54 PM
It's a nice banner.:D;)

KalEl
10th February 2013, 11:17 PM
Really looking forward to beast wars month!

Hursticon
11th February 2013, 01:59 PM
Banner = Magnifique! :cool:

Hursticon
11th February 2013, 03:57 PM
*Complaining Child Tone* Aww... R.I.D.? - But I wanted Beast Wars! Hmpf... :(:rolleyes:

:p:D

Hehe, if that is what June drew that is what it gets I suppose; at least the Fire Convoy & Megatron/Galvatron molds are pretty sweet figures, lessens the blow a bit. ;):cool:

5FDP
12th February 2013, 07:00 AM
Saw the topic of this thread and thought to myself - 'so, we're taking turns in banning people from the forum now' :o :p

crankcase76
3rd March 2013, 01:33 AM
No alternators then? how do we go about creating banners? do we submit our ideas to paulbot for tweaking of the pics for the licensing part? just want to know as have made a Alternators banner and want some clarification.:D

griffin
3rd March 2013, 08:35 PM
You could submit a banner (to me), and we'll have a look at if and when it could be used.
Otherwise, you can create them and post them up in the creative section, or offer them for people to use a siggie file pics on global fan-sites.

Bidoofdude
8th March 2013, 04:45 PM
Do banners have to have that effect that they normally have?:cool:

griffin
12th March 2013, 10:50 AM
No, but they should avoid anything (images, logos, names) that are owned by Hasbro.

griffin
12th March 2013, 11:05 AM
Looks like no one could guess the toys used in the February banner... see if people have better luck with the March one.

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/calendar/b03.jpg

Sharky
12th March 2013, 12:08 PM
Looks like no one could guess the toys used in the February banner... see if people have better luck with the March one.

i am confused i didnt know we were suposed to guess the toys? i was thinking it was random selection from posting in the topics. or is the toy guessing totaly differnt from the compititon

if not where do we submit our guesses?? in here or the banner thread?

having one of those days this month....

griffin
12th March 2013, 01:39 PM
i am confused i didnt know we were suposed to guess the toys? i was thinking it was random selection from posting in the topics. or is the toy guessing totaly differnt from the compititon

if not where do we submit our guesses?? in here or the banner thread?

having one of those days this month....

Nah, it wasn't a competition or in another topic. It was just something I posted in this topic last month, to see if anyone could guess the toys used in that month....

Got the new JP banner from Paulbot today, so it's up there now for the rest of the month.

So I was just seeing if anyone could work out all the toys in this month's banner, similar to what I was suggesting last month. (because the toys in the last two banners are a bit more obscure, and distorted by the visual affects)

Bidoofdude
12th March 2013, 04:34 PM
Ok. Thanks.;)
G2... Me likey...;):p

Shirokaze
13th March 2013, 04:23 PM
My guesses for the banner:

Colossus
Spark
Laser Prime
G2 Megatron
Manta Ray
Electro
Jolt
Dreadwing

Can't get the two little ones in front of Prime and Spark :(

Deonasis
15th March 2013, 04:51 PM
I am loving the G2 bright colours! It is a great image and my favourite banner of this style so far.

Iriorne
5th April 2013, 12:30 AM
I think I got this month's banner. From roughly left to right:

Colossus
Dreadwing
Jolt
Manta Ray
Electro
Eagle Eye
Megatron
Jetfire
Spark
Windrazor
Laser Optimus Prime

griffin
11th April 2013, 10:50 PM
My guesses for the banner:

Colossus
Spark
Laser Prime
G2 Megatron
Manta Ray
Electro
Jolt
Dreadwing

Can't get the two little ones in front of Prime and Spark :(

Windrazor and Jetfire.

I think I got this month's banner. From roughly left to right:

Colossus
Dreadwing
Jolt
Manta Ray
Electro
Eagle Eye
Megatron
Jetfire
Spark
Windrazor
Laser Optimus Prime

Eagle Eye wasn't in the picture, but all the rest were correct. Could have had Clench and Pyro instead of Colossus and Spark.

For January...
http://www.toycollectors.com.au/calendar/b01.jpg

From left - Ravage, Megatron, Frenzy, Shockwave, Optimus, Bumblebee, Grimlock, Laserbeak, Starscream, Soundwave.

For February...
http://www.toycollectors.com.au/calendar/b02.jpg

From left - Soundblaster, Star Convoy, Sky Garry, Twincast, Overlord, Dezarus, Star Saber, Metalhawk.

And March were guessed correctly above.

April's banner has now been added, featuring Beast Wars!!!
http://www.toycollectors.com.au/calendar/b04.jpg

Ten toys are in that banner, which might be easier to guess.

Topics are being posted up now.

Deonasis
12th April 2013, 12:08 AM
Hmm..
Dinosaur
Bee
Space dinosaur
Gorilla
Eagle
Dragon
Space spider
Wolfbird
Lobster
Gorilla

Iriorne
12th April 2013, 11:56 AM
Eagle Eye wasn't in the picture

Hmm, I thought he was just cunningly disguised against Megatron's leg but it was probably just the filter playing tricks on my eye. The small light green patches on EE's legs looked quite distinctive. :)

Paulbot
12th April 2013, 12:07 PM
Hmm..
Dinosaur
Bee
Space dinosaur
Gorilla
Eagle
Dragon
Space spider
Wolfbird
Lobster
Gorilla

Lobster? There's no eagle (exactly) either :)

KalEl
12th April 2013, 04:00 PM
Current banner:
Megatron
Waspinator
Transmetal Megatron
Transmetal Optimus Primal
Airrazor
Transmetal II Megatron
Silverbolt
Transmetal Tarantulus
Inferno
Optimus Primal

KalEl
12th April 2013, 09:58 PM
Current banner:
Megatron
Waspinator
Transmetal Megatron
Transmetal Optimus Primal
Airrazor
Transmetal II Megatron
Silverbolt
Transmetal Tarantulus
Inferno
Optimus Primal

GoktimusPrime
12th April 2013, 10:09 PM
Megatron (Ultra)
Megatron (Transmetal)
Megatron (Transmetal 2)
Optimus Primal (Ultra)
Optimus Primal (Transmetal)
Silverbolt (Fuzor)
Inferno
Tarantulas
Waspinator
Airazor

WIIGII
12th April 2013, 11:42 PM
Normal Ultra Megatron
Waspinator
Transmetal Megs
Transmetal Primal
Transmetal II Megs
Airazor
Silverbolt
Transmetal Tarantulus
Normal Ultra Optimus Primal
Inferno

Deonasis
13th April 2013, 09:22 AM
Lobster? There's no eagle (exactly) either :)
Lobster = I mistook the ant for one of the 2 red versions of the crayfish that form the BW combiner legs.

Eagle = Is he/she actually a hawk or falcon..

Paulbot
13th April 2013, 09:41 AM
Peregrine falcon. But there is half an eagle in the picture. ;)

Deonasis
14th April 2013, 10:26 PM
Peregrine falcon. But there is half an eagle in the picture. ;)Ahh.. good ol' Wolfbird!

griffin
20th May 2013, 09:08 PM
I'm late this month, but the Beast Machines banner is up, if anyone wants to guess who's in it...

(winners for April are yet to be determined... hopefully within the next few days)

KalEl
20th May 2013, 09:36 PM
it's cool seeing some old school beast machines up there :)

WIIGII
20th May 2013, 10:30 PM
Tankor,
Nightslash Cheetor
Air Attack Optimus Primal
Blackarachnia
Scavenger
Jetstorm
Megatron Megabolt
Rat trap
Savage Noble

Deonasis
21st May 2013, 08:04 AM
Tank
Black robo cheetah
Robo spiderlady
Trippy gorilla
Kanga driller
Jet
Spiderhead
Noble/Savage beast
A giant white rat?

griffin
17th June 2013, 12:43 PM
Robots in Disguise this month....

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/calendar/b06.jpg

christalcase
17th June 2013, 06:39 PM
Banner guesses:
- Prowl
- Sky-Byte
- Optimus Prime
- Megatron
- Side Burn
- Ultra Magnus
- Scourge

Deonasis
17th June 2013, 09:23 PM
Fast white car
Fire engine
Famous shark
Mega changer
A little something
Half a trailer
Little grey smudge of someone at the foot of the trailer?
And SCOURGE

MayzaPrime
17th June 2013, 09:28 PM
Banner:
Prowl
Optimus Prime
Sky-Byte
Megatron
Side Burn
Ultra Magnus
Scourge

Sky Shadow
18th June 2013, 05:14 PM
Little grey smudge of someone at the foot of the trailer?

I think the smudge is Crosswise, unless it's another Spy Changer or a Commando.

griffin
18th June 2013, 10:35 PM
That's just Scourge's gun. There's just the 7 figures on there.

Deonasis
19th June 2013, 08:28 AM
That's just Scourge's gun. There's just the 7 figures on there.ahh.. I googled what he came with and didn't notice a gun or anything else that could be there. I must have picked a dud link. :o

Deonasis
29th July 2013, 03:54 PM
I watched some of Armada while house sitting. They had Foxtel and i had some great afternoons watching Toonami.

ML Megatron (that face looks silver)
ML deluxe Optimus Prime
Unicron
ML Starscream
Demolisher (a brown face would be ML Ironhide)
ML Tidal Wave

KalEl
29th July 2013, 09:43 PM
Love the new banner!

griffin
30th July 2013, 01:00 PM
Yeah, a little late this month due to other stuff... okay, a lot late.

To be fair, I'll have this one up for about 3 weeks (including the discussion topics), and the same for the next two, which should have us back on schedule for October.

There's only six toys in this month's banner, which were pretty easy to guess.
http://www.toycollectors.com.au/calendar/b07.jpg

Sky Shadow
25th August 2013, 02:31 PM
I believe the denizens of the Energon banner are Galvatron, Battle Ravage, Bulkhead, Arcee, Omega Supreme, Mirage, Skyblast, Optimus Prime and Slugslinger.

griffin
25th August 2013, 02:48 PM
Energon banner this month, with 9 toys featured in this blur of colour...

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/calendar/b08.jpg

(I haven't forgotten about the competition drawings - they will be done later when I get to them on my list... as they won't be going anywhere)

Deonasis
26th August 2013, 01:04 PM
These are mostly guesses, in fact without research I am only wholey confident in the version and name of the really big one.
Megatron
Battle Ravage
US name for Sprung.. I think it is Bulkhead! because the red version i think is called Quickstrike.
Arcee or Elita-One..
US Omega Supreme
Shockblast or Mirage or something..
Air Raid?
Optimus Prime
Slugslinger

GoktimusPrime
26th August 2013, 09:42 PM
Megatron, Battle Ravage, Bulkhead, Omega Supreme, Arcee, Mirage, Skyblast, Optimus Prime (Super Mode), Slugslinger

griffin
26th August 2013, 10:30 PM
Just wanting to point out again, giving credit where it is due, that these banners were done by Paulbot.

So blame him.... :p
(just kidding - I like them)

Deonasis
26th August 2013, 10:34 PM
Just wanting to point out again, giving credit where it is due, that these banners were done by Paulbot.

So blame him.... :p
(just kidding - I like them)Yeah they rock :cool:

Ravagecat
29th August 2013, 12:00 PM
Megatron, Battle Ravage, Bulkhead, Omega Supreme, Arcee, Mirage, Skyblast, Optimus Prime (Super Mode), Slugslinger

Good Job...but is the red/black blob next to Arcee someone? Inferno perhaps?

Deonasis
30th August 2013, 12:11 AM
Good Job...but is the red/black blob next to Arcee someone? Inferno perhaps?I 'think' it is Arcee's bow weapon + Supreme's black leg. I thought like you originally but griffin said there were 9 figures in this banner.

Ravagecat
30th August 2013, 07:29 AM
I 'think' it is Arcee's bow weapon + Supreme's black leg. I thought like you originally but griffin said there were 9 figures in this banner.

Ah so it is :) I can see the shape of the bow clearly now :o

Deonasis
30th August 2013, 07:52 AM
Ah so it is :) I can see the shape of the bow clearly now :oI "saw" the exact same thing as you back with the Car Robots banner :p

griffin
19th September 2013, 07:02 AM
This month's banner is for Cybertron, featuring 10 Transformers (one is almost entirely obscured, so I'd be surprised if anyone gets all 10 without a stab in the dark guess).

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/calendar/b09.jpg

Deonasis
19th September 2013, 07:55 AM
Again, just guessing..

Scourge
Cyb Defense Hotshot
Little Megatron (but he has a lot of yellow behind him I can now reconcile! Yay!)
Vector Prime
Primus
Little Optimus
Noisemaze. Other name = Sideways
Red motorbike.. Clocker? Correct name = Ransack
Soundwave
Starscream?

Updated with correct names thanks to Ravagecat.

Ravagecat
19th September 2013, 08:08 AM
Again, just guessing..

Scourge
Cyb Defense Hotshot
Little Megatron (but he has a lot of yellow I cannot reconcile behind him??)
Vector Prime
Primus
Little Optimus
Noisemaze
Red motorbike.. Clocker?
Soundwave
Starscream?

Been staring at this for about 20 mins Ha!
I was thinking it may be Unicron behind small megs??
So my guess is...
Scourge, Primus, Vector Prime, Soundwave, Cyb Def Hotshot, Unicron, Sideways, legion Megs, legion Optimus Prime and Ransack...

Deonasis
19th September 2013, 09:14 AM
So my guess is...
Scourge, Primus, Vector Prime, Soundwave, Cyb Def Hotshot, Unicron, Sideways, legion Megs, legion Optimus Prime and Ransack...

Thanks for the correct names for Sideways and Ransack. And through dedicated magic-eye-like staring i have worked out what is behind little Megatron and I have decided to stick to my original 10 guesses ;)

GoktimusPrime
29th September 2013, 08:57 AM
Scourge, Cybertron Defence Hot Shot, Legends Class Megatron, Legends Class Optimus Prime, Sideways, Ransack, Soundwave, Vector Prime, Primus.

Ransack was my first TF Cybertron toy. :)

Lint
29th September 2013, 10:06 AM
In no particular order :p

Scourge
Cybertron Defense Hot Shot
Primus
Legends Megatron
Vector Prime
Sideways
Legends Optimus Prime
Soundwave
Ransack
Starscream

I would insert another guess for that big yellow blob but Griffin said 10 transformers

griffin
29th September 2013, 05:40 PM
Again, just guessing..

Scourge
Cyb Defense Hotshot
Little Megatron (but he has a lot of yellow behind him I can now reconcile! Yay!)
Vector Prime
Primus
Little Optimus
Noisemaze. Other name = Sideways
Red motorbike.. Clocker? Correct name = Ransack
Soundwave
Starscream?

Updated with correct names thanks to Ravagecat.

9 outa 10 :)

So my guess is...

Scourge, Cybertron Defence Hot Shot, Legends Class Megatron, Legends Class Optimus Prime, Sideways, Ransack, Soundwave, Vector Prime, Primus.

Ransack was my first TF Cybertron toy. :)

In no particular order :p

Scourge
Cybertron Defense Hot Shot
Primus
Legends Megatron
Vector Prime
Sideways
Legends Optimus Prime
Soundwave
Ransack
Starscream

I would insert another guess for that big yellow blob but Griffin said 10 transformers

Yes... 10 outa 10. :D
No idea how you managed to pick out Starscream though, hidden behind Soundwave.
(the yellow blob is Scourge's axe)

Deonasis
30th September 2013, 04:57 PM
Hey check my post again! :mad: :p Soundwave has a skinny lower body. Soundwave does not have that much red or grey. Starscreams purple gun/sword was the big tell for me (+ the number of bots, ta griffin).

To keep the guesses going longer maybe if no one guesses enough figures after a week or two then say how many there should be.

Lint
30th September 2013, 05:33 PM
Yes... 10 outa 10. :D
No idea how you managed to pick out Starscream though, hidden behind Soundwave.
(the yellow blob is Scourge's axe)

I know Cybertron Soundwave inside out so Starscream stuck out like a sore thumb for reasons Deonasis had detailed above :D

For a while I actually thought the short purple grey thing at Soundwave's feet was Shortround but then I realised Soundwave was not wearing his shoulder cannon but rather holding both his weapons down low.

The yellow blob was really annoying me, it was the wrong colour and shape to be Landmine, Unicron or Longrack. I don't own a Scourge so I didn't figure that it was his axe at all! :rolleyes:

Ravagecat
1st October 2013, 09:32 AM
Good work guys :) It seemed logical to me that Starscream should be in the picture but there was so little red on Soundwave that I assumed it was part of the blurring effect on the image...

griffin
1st October 2013, 01:04 PM
Hey check my post again! :mad: :p Soundwave has a skinny lower body. Soundwave does not have that much red or grey. Starscreams purple gun/sword was the big tell for me (+ the number of bots, ta griffin).

I didn't see that you had hidden the word. Not confident enough to guess it openly hmmm... :p

Deonasis
1st October 2013, 04:57 PM
I didn't see that you had hidden the word. Not confident enough to guess it openly hmmm... :p

I guess I hid Starscream better than you :p

I kept it hidden just so others could try solve it themselves.

Not knowing the total number of bots for a while could make the guessing last longer. I am really enjoying the whole series retrospective threads for each month and I appreciate the extra efforts that must get put in.

griffin
14th October 2013, 08:47 PM
October is Animated month, so this month's banner has 8 or 10 Animated toys in it...

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/calendar/b10.jpg

griffin
14th October 2013, 08:50 PM
I also modified the title and description of this section, to highlight the Transformers Anniversary that Hasbro & TakaraTomy were promoting since a few months ago... and to look forward to our own next anniversary in 2016.

Sinnertwin
14th October 2013, 08:56 PM
OK, here goes

Megatron
Wingblade Prime
Ultra Magnus
Arcee
Soundwave
Swoop
Skywarp
Waspinator
Bumblebee

?

Starscream77
14th October 2013, 09:29 PM
That's what I can figure as well, but is it just soundwave between arcee and swoop?

OK, here goes

Megatron
Wingblade Prime
Ultra Magnus
Arcee
Soundwave
Swoop
Skywarp
Waspinator
Bumblebee

?

Sinnertwin
14th October 2013, 09:46 PM
That's what I can figure as well, but is it just soundwave between arcee and swoop?

I'm thinking it's Prime's hammer

Deonasis
14th October 2013, 11:16 PM
8 to 10 hmmm....

Leader Megatron
Deluxe Arcee
Activator Soundwave
Deluxe Swoop
Voyager Wingblade Prime
Activator Skywarp
Deluxe Waspinator
Leader Ultra Magnus
Activator Bumblebee

BigTransformerTrev
16th October 2013, 03:50 PM
Back Row: Megatron, Prime, Ultra Magnus
Front Row: Arcee, Soundwave, Swoop, little version of Skywarp?, Waspinator, Bumblebee

GoktimusPrime
19th October 2013, 03:42 PM
leader megatron
voyager wingblade optimus prime
leader ultra magnus
deluxe arcee
activator soundwave
deluxe jetstorm
deluxe swoop
activator skywarp
deluxe waspinator
activator bumblebee

griffin
26th October 2013, 05:18 AM
OK, here goes

8 to 10 hmmm....

Leader Megatron
Deluxe Arcee
Activator Soundwave
Deluxe Swoop
Voyager Wingblade Prime
Activator Skywarp
Deluxe Waspinator
Leader Ultra Magnus
Activator Bumblebee

Yes, yes and yes.

deluxe jetstorm

Just one too many.

GoktimusPrime
26th October 2013, 07:04 AM
Just one too many.
Aaah, Lugnuts! :p

griffin
14th November 2013, 01:03 AM
November is the Aligned Continuity month, featuring TFPrime, but also including Rescue Bots and WFC/FOC games, comics and books.

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/calendar/b11.jpg

This month's banner might have 12 figures in it to guess...

Deonasis
14th November 2013, 01:19 AM
Knock Out
Breakdown
Wheeljack
FE Optimus Prime
Starscream
Unicron
Soundwave
Cliffjumper
Megatron
Bumblebee
Bulkhead
Airachnid

Lint
14th November 2013, 10:15 AM
November is the Aligned Continuity month, featuring TFPrime, but also including Rescue Bots and WFC/FOC games, comics and books.

I love this 'Aligned Continuity' term. It sounds like a politically correct term that has been made up by some mogul as a catch-all for all recent toylines and has an ironic twist in that it highlights how little continuity there is between all of these themes and Hasbro's marketing of Transformers in general :p

Deonasis
14th November 2013, 11:04 AM
I love this 'Aligned Continuity' term. It sounds like a politically correct term that has been made up by some mogul as a catch-all for all recent toylines and has an ironic twist in that it highlights how little continuity there is between all of these themes and Hasbro's marketing of Transformers in general :pI must admit i do not follow any Transformer related media - no comics or cartoons. I do skim through it or watch an episode short but that is about it. Most of my 'TF knowledge' comes from internet articles or Wiki's about whatever has caught my eye which will frequently lead me down a rabbit hole of TF links.

So in my oblivious state i am happy to mostly ignore the 'Aligned continuity' and treat everything wholely separate which seems to be how it is mostly created and accepted.

UltraMarginal
14th November 2013, 11:12 AM
Just out of curiosity, are the current RID and MTMTE comics considered a part of this alligned continuity?

and where are the classics line of toys going to fit in?

UltraMarginal
14th November 2013, 11:18 AM
Knock Out
Breakdown
Wheeljack
FE Optimus Prime
FE Starscream
Unicron
Soundwave
laserbeak
FE Cliffjumper
Megatron
Bumblebee
Bulkhead

Paulbot
14th November 2013, 11:27 AM
Just out of curiosity, are the current RID and MTMTE comics considered a part of this alligned continuity?

No, it's far too different from the Aligned continuity, and it's a pre-existing G1 universe. I have some broader thoughts about the Aligned and how I've come to accept tolerate it, but will post that elsewhere.

Sky Shadow
14th November 2013, 01:01 PM
where are the classics line of toys going to fit in?

There hasn't been a classics line of toys since 2008, which predates Aligned continuity by two years. Unless there's a new Classics line that's been announced as coming out while I haven't been paying attention over the past few months.

Deonasis
14th November 2013, 01:37 PM
Soundwave
laserbeak

It is hard to tell (and i could be wrong) but i think Soundwave is bare chested in this pic.. hmm.

UltraMarginal
14th November 2013, 03:25 PM
There hasn't been a classics line of toys since 2008, which predates Aligned continuity by two years. Unless there's a new Classics line that's been announced as coming out while I haven't been paying attention over the past few months.

Classic/genertions/chugrubsuefsd whatever it's called, the amalgamation of figures from many different lines that are modern updates to classic toys/characters.

UltraMarginal
14th November 2013, 03:31 PM
No, it's far too different from the Aligned continuity, and it's a pre-existing G1 universe. I have some broader thoughts about the Aligned and how I've come to accept tolerate it, but will post that elsewhere.

but what of the FOC/WFC character designs appearing in the comics.

Paulbot
14th November 2013, 04:05 PM
but what of the FOC/WFC character designs appearing in the comics.

I think the TFwiki article "To Sell Toys (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/To_sell_toys)" best answers that.

Like Bumblebee and Starscream started wearing bodies that look like the WFC bodies but those are new forms as far as IDW continuty is concerned, not reversions to their forms that the Aligned Bumblebee and Starscream in had at the start of the war. So you could use those to represent the characters in WFC, or as the pre-Earth forms of TF Prime Bumblebee and Starscream, or as post-war forms of G1/IDW Bumblebee and Starscream.

The question is really if the new IDW based toys are "Aligned" or not. I'd argue no but who knows what Hasbro would say. I'd say "Generations" gives any toy in that line the flexibility to be a character from any continuity.

UltraMarginal
14th November 2013, 04:40 PM
I think the TFwiki article "To Sell Toys (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/To_sell_toys)" best answers that.

Like Bumblebee and Starscream started wearing bodies that look like the WFC bodies but those are new forms as far as IDW continuty is concerned, not reversions to their forms that the Aligned Bumblebee and Starscream in had at the start of the war. So you could use those to represent the characters in WFC, or as the pre-Earth forms of TF Prime Bumblebee and Starscream, or as post-war forms of G1/IDW Bumblebee and Starscream.

The question is really if the new IDW based toys are "Aligned" or not. I'd argue no but who knows what Hasbro would say. I'd say "Generations" gives any toy in that line the flexibility to be a character from any continuity.

well yea, of course to sell toys, but I thought it was clearly their "pre Earth forms" being reverted back to in the same way that they've shown other characters alt mode change a bit, like Prowl.

btw that article was a good read.

GoktimusPrime
14th November 2013, 07:43 PM
Voyager Breakdown
Voyager FE Optimus Prime
Unicron
Deluxe TFPRiD Soundwave
Voyager TFPRiD Megatron
Voyager FE Bulkhead
Deluxe TFPRiD Knock Out
Deluxe TFPRiD Wheeljack
Voyager TFPRiD Starscream
Deluxe FE Cliffjumper
Deluxe TFPRiD Bumblebee

griffin
14th November 2013, 09:34 PM
Classic/genertions/chugrubsuefsd whatever it's called, the amalgamation of figures from many different lines that are modern updates to classic toys/characters.

That's correct... the term "classics" is just one of the generic terms used for what is probably more accurately "classic-verse"... but we already had a lengthy discussion topic about what to Universally call that range of similarly designed & labelled figures (which have gone through several packaging labels now, so it needs a label of convenience, especially when referring to a "subgroup" of toys that were released over a number of those packaging labels - i.e. the Seekers).
This was why we needed a "universal" term (like Classic-verse, which started with the Classics... and that's why some still use it as the Universal term), otherwise if we resisted using a Universal term, it just makes it more difficult and/or confusing to the others who are not sure which series a particular figure was released in, when trying to refer to it in a discussion.

Also keep in mind that there have been many different (cartoon and comic) continuities that use the Original Gen1 forms. It might be confusing while in release, but it is not new for us to have parallel story universes existing at the same time with the same "drawn" characters (i.e. the 80s cartoon and comic).

It's worth noting (in light of Lint's comment), that the term "Aligned Continuity" is apparently still not something (yet) used in any official publication or press-release (but I'm sure it will eventually, in a reference book somewhere).
As such, it seems to be something used by Hasbro designers and Product Managers... to give them something vague to work around without being held up by trying to find out what each other's project is doing.
I recall them saying once, the "squint test" as their rationale behind WFC and TFPrime not really blending together cleanly (and took a lot of bridging story to get there, with FOC, the books and the comics). That seems to be their Aligned Continuity rationale as a whole - to give them a basic framework to vaguely work with... but not something they have to stick to, as each series has the freedom of being produced independently of each other.

Lint
15th November 2013, 08:33 AM
. That seems to be their Aligned Continuity rationale as a whole - to give them a basic framework to vaguely work with... but not something they have to stick to, as each series has the freedom of being produced independently of each other.

Which is fantastic overall because I would really hate for them to force continuity between all these different fictions, like the joke that was the link between Cybertron and Armada/Energon creating a 'Unicron Trilogy'

BigTransformerTrev
19th November 2013, 02:05 PM

btw that article was a good read.

Just finished reading it now, that was a good reaad :)

Deonasis
21st November 2013, 11:15 AM
I wonder what the december banner will spotlight? I must say the monthly banners and topics have been a great idea. Mebe december will be "toys you can buy in Hong Kong" :p

griffin
21st November 2013, 09:04 PM
A bit of deduction can find the December banner, as most were uploaded at the same time.
(and the first posting already details what each month will cover)

Deonasis
11th December 2013, 02:21 PM
Knock Out
Breakdown
Wheeljack
FE Optimus Prime
Starscream
Unicron
Soundwave
Cliffjumper
Megatron
Bumblebee
Bulkhead
Airachnid
I'm not saying I guessed right but note Airachnid is also part of my quote above.

griffin
25th December 2013, 12:09 PM
Forgot about December... oops.

There was such little interest in the TFPrime month (despite it being the current series), so the lack of traffic had me forgetting about changing the banner and topics while I was in deep with writing up my trip report.

December is "Movies and Miscellaneous" month. The banner and polls are based on the current movie series, but responses can be of anything not previously covered that really impressed you or was one of YOUR favourite series.

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/calendar/b12.jpg

GoktimusPrime
29th December 2013, 04:09 PM
Leader Class ROTF Optimus Prime
Leader Class ROTF Starscream
Deluxe Movieverse Lockdown
ROTF Arcee
Deluxe Sideways
Deluxe Concept Camaro Bumblebee
ROTF Bludgeon

Deonasis
30th December 2013, 11:51 PM
Leader Class ROTF Optimus Prime
Leader Class ROTF Starscream
Deluxe Movieverse Lockdown
ROTF Arcee
Human Alliance Jazz
Bumblebee
ROTF Bludgeon

griffin
31st December 2013, 10:22 PM
For anyone wondering, the banner is just there for a few hours tonight.
Just something spontaneous.

Hursticon
31st December 2013, 10:26 PM
For anyone wondering, the banner is just there for a few hours tonight.
Just something spontaneous.

Oh good, it's only temporary - My comment elsewhere feels less arsehole-ish now. :o:p

Paulbot
31st December 2013, 10:34 PM
I like it. I was wondering what the next theme/banner might be.

It might be a touch too wide for a few desktops (and my mobile doesn't like it).

Sinnertwin
1st January 2014, 09:30 AM
From left to right

O
Z
F

I like it too. In some ways the board reminds me of the old school packaging :)

canofwhoopass_87
1st January 2014, 09:45 PM
Loving the new banner this month. Ah dem G1 feels!

5FDP
7th January 2014, 12:16 PM
I reckon it's the best banner we've had in a while. Simple but effective!

Slag
9th January 2014, 06:11 PM
Works for me!

theshape
9th January 2014, 06:51 PM
Works for me!

+1

Hey, how have you been Steve? Not seen you on here for a while :o

CHILENO20
9th January 2014, 08:16 PM
I reckon it's the best banner we've had in a while. Simple but effective!

Totally agree, its.... us. :)

Slag
11th January 2014, 04:46 PM
+1

Hey, how have you been Steve? Not seen you on here for a while :o

Hey.. It's been too long! only one new tf since i was on here last:(. Time to get back on the horse.
see you at the Nexus

theshape
11th January 2014, 06:16 PM
Hey.. It's been too long! only one new tf since i was on here last:(. Time to get back on the horse.
see you at the Nexus

Will do mate :)

SkyWarp91
15th January 2014, 01:16 PM
Best banner, ever.

Megatran
9th March 2014, 08:46 AM
Is it possible to get some purple (or red) colour onto the banner?

griffin
10th March 2014, 12:52 AM
Where in the banner do you mean?

Megatran
10th March 2014, 07:29 AM
^ in the same way the G1 Transformers banner appears on the box. You could switch from purple and red periodically. Just a suggestion.