PDA

View Full Version : BBTS pile of loot question

primatives
11th January 2013, 07:26 PM
i have a question with those who buy from bbts, do they charge u just for the item when u have pile of loot on??? and when u ship all ur items at once they charge total shipping? cos i had assaulter on pre order and they have charged me shiiping as well?? is this a mistake?

Bidoofdude
11th January 2013, 07:29 PM
If that is the only item, then yes, you have to pay for shipping.
When there's multiple items, shipping is combined or something of that nature.:D

tinyJazz
11th January 2013, 07:30 PM
For preorder items they charge you the item cost plus shipping when it comes in stock.
For instock items it's the same process, you pay cost plus shipping when you go through the checkout.
The more items you have the less shipping you get charged on subsequent items.

primatives
11th January 2013, 07:49 PM
so does that mean when i add items shipping is cheaper??

seespotrun
11th January 2013, 08:14 PM
When you add an item, they charge you the extra shipping cost so that you've always paid the entire cost to ship your pile. This will be less than the amount they'd charge to ship the item separately (usually).

Trent
11th January 2013, 08:24 PM
They charge you full shipping price on the first item, then shipping on any subsequent items you add is done on a weight basis. (depending on what shipping option you have chosen. The on I use is US$6 per pound I think).

KalEl
11th January 2013, 09:26 PM
email them, they are pretty helpful about this kind of thing

liegeprime
12th January 2013, 01:45 AM
what Trent said. Also once the Pol weight gets to a certain weight they upgrade your shipping to the more expensive one which is trackable that way it ensures for items to reach you and there's a record that it did get received. Shipping in bbts I'm afraid is expensive but they have good service.

Cat
12th January 2013, 06:20 AM
My figures aren't exact, but here's how it goes, with the 7 day option. It used to be dead on two weeks to reach me, now it's down to exactly one, marvellous.

You pay $30 for your first pound. After that it's $6 per additional pound or half-pound maybe.

So those items sitting in the POL are all being calculated at that rate.

The biggest chunk is, of course, the $30 upfront one. It hits hard, and quickly knocks your wallet around. Keep up with release dates and expected release dates. Don't just passively let it accumulate to be shipped whenever it just cos (most ship POL very quickly after the second lot of the order goes in. Bit of an old figure though).

Manage your collecting, and work out the best times for you to get shipments out (because we do like to get these things fairly regularly, and not feel they're being held hostage by that initial $30 hit). Just by doing so I've been able to move things much more smoothly, and the costs seem to have evened out a lot. The system is working for me.

Paulbot
27th September 2013, 08:15 AM
Got an "urgent" message overnight from BBTS that my pile of loot has to ship. I just preordered a couple of Nov release figures I wanted in the bundle.

If I purchase something in stock today and add it to the POL will that extend the shipping date a couple more months? Or is it based on the first purchase?

Starscream77
27th September 2013, 08:31 AM
Got an "urgent" message overnight from BBTS that my pile of loot has to ship. I just preordered a couple of Nov release figures I wanted in the bundle.

If I purchase something in stock today and add it to the POL will that extend the shipping date a couple more months? Or is it based on the first purchase?

I believe it is based on the first purchase, they set some time limit on how long they will hold the pile.
I had this happen once and i contacted them and asked to delay 2 weeks as i had a large item due in and they obliged so suggest try contacting them?

1AZRAEL1
27th September 2013, 08:33 AM
How long have you had the pile for? They don't like to sit on it for too long. Not sure about adding a new item extending the shipment.

I got a question too. Have people had their pile shipped in separate boxes? My last pile got sent in 2, one box with most of it and still room in it, and another small box with 2 small plush toys. Now my loot that's on it's way has been split into 3 boxes. Somehow I think it would've been cheaper than $195 to ship if they put it in one box. I'm gonna drop em an email and ask why they decided to spilt it up. What's the point of POL if they are just going to split it anyway?

Cat
27th September 2013, 10:04 AM
They only have boxes to a certain size. I'd imagine that's based off the smallest max of one of the carriers they use.

UltraMarginal
27th September 2013, 10:19 AM

I have never had them tell me it's time to send the POL but I have often added things continuously over the course of several months. I do find that for other issues I've had contacting them is definitely a way of coming to an agreement. If you mention that you have a couple things on pre-order that you were waiting to add to your POL prior to sending it you'll probably get an extension.

llamatron
27th September 2013, 10:50 AM

The calculate it based on when your pile started. I got the same "urgent" email for my pile a few months back and had to ship it. I was waiting for Trailcutter to come in stock but I just cancelled my pre-order and got one elsewhere. To be fair, my pile was about 15 months old at that point in time. And when they went to ship it they couldn't fulfill the whole order.

High_Q
30th September 2013, 10:25 PM
My last POL held its first item in September 2010, and last item was charged late December 2011; it was shipped in May 2013. Definitely exceeded the 180 days BBTS says it'll hold POL for however they define the 180 days from.

liegeprime
1st October 2013, 09:32 AM
Well the most Ive ever had to hold my POL with them was 6 months. I did see in the FAQ about the 180 days limit they put then automatically ships the POL. So far that has never happened to me so to speak. Still service is good. Never had an item missing. It feels weird lately though that they split my order to 3 boxes, somehow their boxes have kinda shrunk I guess, coz before my orders fit into just 2 but this one with Metroplex they had to split into 3.. but the one prior to this delivery was with my Encore Fort Max and they managed to get it in just 2 boxes... shame I threw away the boxes already , else I would've been able to compare if indeed my theory of shrinking boxes used is valid.

Sinnertwin
1st October 2013, 09:48 AM
The standard for me when it comes to the largest shipping carton(s) size seems to be:

L 51cm
H 36 cm
W 41cm

UltraMarginal
1st October 2013, 01:16 PM
I have a Stack of 3 BBTS boxes, from different orders over the years and they are all the same dimensions. I'd have to go home and check definitely larger than Sinnertwins numbers below above. I'm sure it depends on just how much stuff you order and how it fits in their available box sizes.