PDA

View Full Version : Animated Arcee and others confirmed

jaydisc
6th July 2008, 10:36 AM
Via http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/animated-8/new-walmart-transformers-animated-listings-165308/

Pulse, you should be happy :)

The listings back up those we had previously of a Deluxe Class Swindle, Blurr and Waspinator, plus Voyager Class Wreck Gar and Skywarp, but they also reveal the existence of two new Transformers Animated toys - in the Deluxe Class, an Arcee "Sleek Car", and in the Voyager Class Shockwave!

(emphasis mine)

Others found in the computer:

blurr 65356934981
swindle 65356934195
waspinator 65356934984
arcee 65356937933
shockwave 6535932317
wreckg 65356934966
skywarp 65356932319

EDIT: Perhaps "confirmed" is a strong word. Read the article and judge for yourselves.

Kyle
6th July 2008, 11:06 AM
I want an Ironhide... :(

jaydisc
6th July 2008, 11:10 AM
While Ironhide would be cool, if Hasbro is going to try and stick to their pledged concept of not repeating characters across different continuums, I'm happier to have him as part of Universe.

autobreadticon
6th July 2008, 11:17 AM
skywarp is errr Hasbro evilness trying to sell repaints

swindle i would of thought he would been voyager size, beter have all those dodads he had in the episode...

Robzy
6th July 2008, 12:56 PM
While Ironhide would be cool, if Hasbro is going to try and stick to their pledged concept of not repeating characters across different continuums, I'm happier to have him as part of Universe.What about Prowl and Ratchet? They're both getting Universe/Henkei and Animated figures!

jaydisc
6th July 2008, 01:03 PM
What about Prowl and Ratchet? They're both getting Universe/Henkei and Animated figures!

I think Prowl was specifically raised as a counterpoint to this pledge, and Hasbro returned that if there was crossover, they'd try to greatly differentiate the figures, which of course with Prowl, is the case. Less so with Ratchet. Also, at this point, I think only Takara has officially announced Ratchet. I think Hasbro said something like "most likely" with regards to whether we'd see Universe Ratchet.

Don't get me wrong. I'd love to see Animated Ironhide and a bunch of other crossovers.

Robzy
6th July 2008, 01:18 PM
Don't get me wrong. I'd love to see Animated Ironhide and a bunch of other crossovers.Yeah, I never thought otherwise! :)

I was just saying that it's such a silly idea of Hasbro's to say they won't have the same characters in different lines... what's the point?! :rolleyes: I mean, maybe people actually LIKE those characters!!! I guess this means we won't be getting a Classics/Universe Jazz, Shockwave or Arcee then?! :(

Does the Movie line count? Ratchet, Bumblebee and Jazz all got Animated figures! Not to mention Prime, Megatron and Starscream! (I really don't get how this works)...

griffin
6th July 2008, 01:20 PM
Prowl was their exception because of the greatly different vehicle mode. Ratchet may be as well, if they release it late enough, but they would still have a problem if Ratchet remains a core cast member of Animated if/when a Universe Ratchet gets released.

Pulse
6th July 2008, 03:09 PM
Pulse, you should be happy :)

:D

How did you read my mind? :D

How does that song go?

"You make me feel like dancing
I'm gonna dance the night away
You make me feel like dancing
You make feel like dancing
I feel like dancing dancing dance the night away
I feel like dancing dancing ahhh"

:o

Bartrim
6th July 2008, 06:15 PM

How does that song go?

You know now we need to see video footage of you singing and dancing to this:D

On the topic. This is good news. I wonder if Shockwave has the ability to change into Longarm... Or would Hasbro consider that too dificult?

Gutsman Heavy
6th July 2008, 06:55 PM
I guess this means we won't be getting a Classics/Universe Jazz then?! :(

there is legends Jazz :P

jaydisc
6th July 2008, 07:03 PM
I wonder if Shockwave has the ability to change into Longarm... Or would Hasbro consider that too dificult?

That would be awesome. Seeing the effort they've gone to with the Headmaster, I'd say it's likely. Hope hope.

Pipesqueak
6th July 2008, 07:24 PM
GREAT NEWS! (in order of greatness - shockwave, arcee, wreckgar, blurr, swindle)

Pulse
6th July 2008, 08:08 PM
You know now we need to see video footage of you singing and dancing to this:D

curls up into a little ball in the corner of the room :o

Zippo
6th July 2008, 08:17 PM
I hope that Swindle looks something like he did in the cartoon, as I loved his Alt mode. Doubtful that he will come with all the weapons, but it would be great if he did.

STL
7th July 2008, 12:08 AM
Meh. Bring on Classics 2.0!

i_amtrunks
7th July 2008, 10:05 AM
That would be awesome. Seeing the effort they've gone to with the Headmaster, I'd say it's likely. Hope hope.

They already have one animated triple changer, so why not make it two?

Arcee is good news, and Skywarp was inevitable. They better release the female seeker in the G2 paint scheme, I think she will have a much larger role to play in season 3.

GoktimusPrime
9th July 2008, 08:58 AM
I'd like to see an Animated Paradron Medic as a limited exclusive. :)

dirge
9th July 2008, 10:21 PM
I'd buy that. Can we have one that's not limited for a change?

autobreadticon
9th July 2008, 10:46 PM
Why havent they considered elita one????

1orion2many
9th July 2008, 10:48 PM

How does that song go?

:eek:And what is your excuse for knowing a Leo Sayer song might I ask:confused::D

Pulse
9th July 2008, 11:14 PM
How does that Bill Clinton quote go? ;)

Uh, "No Comment" :o

GoktimusPrime
9th July 2008, 11:20 PM
I'd buy that. Can we have one that's not limited for a change?
Do you think there's sufficient demand from the market for a common release Paradron medic?

Why havent they considered elita one????
................. (o_O)

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/transformers/images/thumb/6/68/Animatedarcee.jpg/125px-Animatedarcee.jpghttp://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/transformers/images/thumb/c/c6/Elita-1-001.jpg/100px-Elita-1-001.jpg

And technically we do have a toy of that character already (Animated Spoiler Image Ahoy)

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/transformers/images/thumb/3/33/Blackarachniaanimateddeluxe.jpg/250px-Blackarachniaanimateddeluxe.jpg

And I don't think it's worthwhile making an Elita-1 figure considering that she only appears very briefly in just on ep. Elita-1 is basically like Blackarachnia's "Cybertron Mode" and so far the only Transformers with Cybertron mode toys are Optimus Prime and Megatron. Not even Bumblebee, Starscream etc. have Cybertron mode toys, let alone Blackarachnia who isn't as prominent a character.