PDA

View Full Version : Michael Bay's unsolicited rejected script for The Dark Knight

jaydisc
6th July 2008, 10:47 AM
This most likely belongs in the Non-TF section, but since it's a Bay story, I thought I'd stick it here:

http://my.spill.com/profiles/blog/show?id=947994%3ABlogPost%3A355506

Some excerpts:

Bruce: (pause) Let's save the world

We pan to a beautiful woman: platinum blonde with a huge rack. She is the hottest woman in the world, but she wears glasses because she is also the smartest woman in the world.

Oh, if only Christopher Nolan could have written and directed Transformers.

http://lindalane.com/temporary/tf/babycrying.gif

EDIT:

Another golden excerpt:

http://lindalane.com/temporary/tf/darkknightexcerpt1.png

All of them :eek::confused::D

Kyle
6th July 2008, 11:10 AM
TF2 is not looking good... :(

Thanatos
6th July 2008, 11:46 AM
I somehow find it hard to believe that Michael Bay wrote an excerpt of that pathetic quality.

At least I hope not.

G1Optimal
6th July 2008, 11:48 AM
I hope that was some kind of a joke.... as, for some reason i doubt Michael Bay would write it this way

but it was funny none the less. :D:D

Robzy
6th July 2008, 12:59 PM
That is GOLD, Jerry! GOLD!!! :D:D

GoktimusPrime
6th July 2008, 01:12 PM
Bay is a director, not a writer. When you say that it's Bay's rejected script, do you mean that this was a script written by Bay that someone rejected, or a script written by a writer that Bay rejected?

Bay didn't write TF1 - Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman did. They're also writing TF2 alongside Ehren Kruger.

jaydisc
6th July 2008, 01:19 PM
In hindsight, I think it's quite obviously a joke.

Bay didn't write TF1 - Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman did. They're also writing TF2 alongside Ehren Kruger.

Ugghh. Don't remind me.

Robzy
6th July 2008, 01:25 PM
Yea - it's just a dig at Michael Bay... if he could write scripts, then this is what they'd be like...

I mean, the guy has slick directorial skills (http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=46153)... Megan Fox: "His main note to me is just to look hot; so I try my best." :rolleyes:

GoktimusPrime
6th July 2008, 02:57 PM
...there are worse scripts that have been made into movies...

http://tortillafilms.free.fr/affiches/mutronics.jpg

*shudder*

griffin
6th July 2008, 04:05 PM
This can go into the non-TFs section.

i_amtrunks
7th July 2008, 10:28 AM
Hrmmm, this cannot truly have been written by Bay, there aren't enough explosions! :D

And Bay has "helped" write the "story" for TF2, I doubt any actual lines he wrote survived later revisions, but apparently he put in some scenes that he is rather attached to...

kup
7th July 2008, 01:00 PM
Despite the authenticity of the script:

In the past I have not hidden my oppinion of Bay and despite the success of the first TF movie, this has not changed.

I consider Bay to be a substandard Film maker, a product of the mediocrity and formulaic approach of 21st Century Hollywood.

Bay's formulaic style is very apparent in the TF movie but it is offset by the effect and action and actually he managed to make a decent movie despite a list of flaws as long as my arm.

Personally I think he fluked the first movie and there is a good chance that TF2 will suck as my confidence in the director and producer (Spielberg) are very low.

Time shall tell I think.

kup
7th July 2008, 01:02 PM
Bay is a director, not a writer. When you say that it's Bay's rejected script, do you mean that this was a script written by Bay that someone rejected, or a script written by a writer that Bay rejected?

Thanks to the Writer Strike, Bay has had a heavier hand in the writing of TF2.

kup
7th July 2008, 01:12 PM
I just read the pages of teh script they had on the linked website.

Its clearly a joke :D. If it isn't then Uwe Boll is absolutely correct about Bay.

GoktimusPrime
7th July 2008, 01:56 PM
I'm reserving judgement about TF2 until... ya know... I see it!

A lot of movies can be good or bad despite a director or actor.
e.g.:
+ I liked The Last Samurai in spite of Tom Cruise as its lead
+ Hulk sucked despite the fact that it was directed by Ang Lee (I loved Raise The Red Lantern and Brokeback Mountain - IMO Lee should stick with arthouse)
+ Some people absolutely love Star Wars Episode IV but were disappointed with Eps I-III despite the fact that they were all directed by George Lucas
+ Chasing Amy is my least favourite of the Jay & Silent Bob films despite the fact that it was made by Kevin Smith. I found Jersey Girl was kinda mediocre.
+ Marty Isenberg was a writer for the G1 cartoon, Beast Machines and Animated. 'nuff sed there. :)
+ Transformers and Bad Boys are the only Michael Bay films I really like. I thought Bad Boys II was ordinary and I didn't like Armageddon, The Rock (although a lot of my friends like that one) ... and yeah... Pearl Harbour. Lawl.

Personally I've never seen a Spielberg movie that I've disliked. "Saving Private Ryan" was far too "Yankocentric" but I didn't think it sucked. "War of the Worlds" wasn't faithful to the book at all, but was more of an updated interpretation of Wells' story - which I could understand was important to engage a modern audience and was cool in that regard. Although I didn't enjoy Tom Cruise as the lead, again - much like The Last Samurai - I thought the movie was passable in spite of Cruise.