PDA

View Full Version : Finding a workable Classics Wheeljack base figure

lcz128
6th July 2008, 11:57 AM
So. This is another thing I want to try out. Question is though - what would be a good TF to use as the base figure? I was going to use SL/Energon Wheeljack/Downshift but upon inspection of STL's I decided that he was a bit MASSIVE in comparison to the other classics figs.

SO, what do you guys reckon would be a suiting base figure for him? :)

Discuss discuss! Ideas Ideas!
:) Thanks guys

Pulse
6th July 2008, 03:25 PM
Ignore me if you want to :D but I think Energon Wheeljack would make a great Classics Wheeljack. :)

If I had customising skills :rolleyes:, I would trim his feet down (they look like clown feet :p), See if I could do something to give his knees a bit more articulation, Paint the light-piping at the back of his head translucent-blue & he'd be well on his way to fitting in with his fellow Classics 'bots. :)

GoktimusPrime
6th July 2008, 05:20 PM
Um... so you guys are talking about Energon/Cybertron Downshift, right? (I agree that the character should've been named Wheeljack and that Armada Wheeljack should've been named Rampage, but sadly that isn't the case)

I think the Cybertron Downshift mould is better between the two. Might be easier to find if you can get a movie Big Daddy (basically same mould).

TheDirtyDigger
6th July 2008, 05:22 PM
Yes his bot mode is fine for Classics (that's why mine is displayed amongst the rest of the Classics) and those alterations Pulse mentioned would be perfect.

His alt mode is a little large though. Just don't transform him.:)

http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/3817/classia2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

dirge
6th July 2008, 08:42 PM
It's Energon Wheeljack for me. Unlike Aaron Archer I know the difference between a "carjack" and a "wheeljack" :rolleyes:

Moot point for me, anyway - I have Superlink Wheeljack :)

STL
6th July 2008, 11:59 PM
My original bet was Cybertron Downshift/TFM Big Daddy. The head mold makes sense and a few mods to the reaer end for a spoiler and colour change, it could work well. However, I'd hold out. Classics 2.0 seems to be covering most of the first wave of G1 toys. If you're going to go for one, go for a more obscure figure that's unlikely.

GoktimusPrime
7th July 2008, 12:02 AM
Classics Time Warrior? ;)