PDA

View Full Version : JP Masterpiece Tigertrack announced

griffin
24th January 2013, 03:40 AM
At least one obscure redeco was expected, to make the most of the mould... and the first one to appear from the Sideswipe/Red Alert mould is Tigertrack (a yellow redeco). (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/bbts-sponsor-news-takara-mp12t-new-hasbro-transformers/26610/)

Tigertrack was the name given to the Ehobby exclusive redeco of the Gen1 reissue Sideswipe toy, which was coloured to look like a pre-Transformers (Diaclone) deco.

It is listed as "exclusive", but not sure who it is exclusive to (if it isn't just exclusive to Japan).
It has a release date of June.

Tober
24th January 2013, 04:23 AM
Who..? :confused:

This bodes well for me getting MP Garboil and Howlback later this year at least. :cool: Maybe even Glit, Sundor and Rosanna.... :eek:

Sky Shadow
24th January 2013, 08:21 AM
Awesome. I just hope G2 Sideswipe with ammo bandolier is next.

VERT
24th January 2013, 08:28 AM
Cool guess im getting the SW mould one more time :D

Starscream77
24th January 2013, 08:36 AM
Couldnt they have done some more mods to the mould and given us Sunstreaker ?!?!?!

swoop
24th January 2013, 08:38 AM
Awesome, already ordered it. Hopefully the price at big bad drops but even at $100 I think it's a good price for tigertracks. It's less than what I paid for its original release all those years ago

Sky Shadow
24th January 2013, 08:48 AM
Couldnt they have done some more mods to the mould and given us Sunstreaker ?!?!?!

No, that would have been rubbish and impossible. G1 Sideswipe and Sunstreaker have nothing in common in robot mode.

Tober
24th January 2013, 09:09 AM
Yeah, what they should have done is leak pics of this yellow MP Lambor before announcing it's Tigertracks. :o

Mmm... Chaos Bringer.. :rolleyes:

Defcon
24th January 2013, 09:19 AM
Pretty happy with this, its good its not sunstreaker as his g1 mold was different. Instead its Tigertracks, yet another character! But when in my collection Tigertracks will be filling the role of Sunstreaker ;) I wouldn't be happy with sunstreaker just been a repaint in the official sense as it wouldn't feel right. This way I think everyone wins.

Hursticon
24th January 2013, 07:44 PM
Awesome. I just hope G2 Sideswipe with ammo bandolier is next.

This! :cool:
I would flip for a MP G2 Sideswipe figure, that was my childhood SS and it'd be amazing to have him 'back' again. ;):)

VERT
24th January 2013, 08:48 PM

Old sunny needs to be new. Not a repaint or a re tool.

Paulbot
24th January 2013, 09:15 PM
No, that would have been rubbish and impossible. G1 Sideswipe and Sunstreaker have nothing in common in robot mode.

Frank Springer disagrees with you :p

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8wdnsMr0Z1qbguy1o1_500.jpg

Hopefully they can come up with good repaints and make a new Sunstreaker eventually should they continue on Masterpiece figures for the Autobot cars.