PDA

View Full Version : Greeting to all!

Stompy
6th July 2008, 05:53 PM
Hello all. New to the boards although have been visiting the forums for quite some time now for local news and sightings.

Melbournian here, from the western suburbs. Been a fan of transformers since the 80's with the G1 cartoons, unfortunately, could not afford any toys and made do with going over a friends place who had almost every single G1 toy there was and was envious of his Soundwave, Blaster and all the cassettes. Mind you we abused the toys as we were little and had no clue to the monster of a community it is now.

Eventually I got ahold of a used complete G1 Constructicon set from a local Trash N Treasure market back in 1990 and sadly was all the TF I had. Videogames piqued my interests and have been where most of my funds went to (and still is). TF toys just weren't in my interests anymore and cemented by the fact that I was not keen on Beast Wars and thought the toys looked hideous with their daylglo colours and life-like animal alts.

Come the movie, a friend interstate kept insisting that the engineering on the toys are just phenomenal. (Side note: I love great engineering and complicated conversions on my figs). I dabbled in a few of the movie legends and eventually bought my first deluxe... Final Battle Jazz. And then the plastic addiction just didn't stop from there. Bought 95% of the movie range, hunted down (oh gosh is the hunt so good) any Cybertron figs I can find, missed out ont he first wave of Classics but managed to get Rodimus, Cliffjumper and Astrotrain + all Voyagers. Also started an Optimus Prime collection which is going ok. Animated figures have been all bought and am awaiting future waves of it and also Universe 2.0.

That's it for my rather short and young TF history. Been watching these forums for a good year now to keep up with releases and news and hopefully can now contribute something back.

Cheerio!

Pulse
6th July 2008, 05:59 PM
Hey Mate :)

There's always room for more in the asylum... :p

Bartrim
6th July 2008, 06:05 PM
Greetings Stompy:)

GoktimusPrime
6th July 2008, 06:09 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/wb1.jpg

I was not keen on Beast Wars and thought the toys looked hideous with their daylglo colours and life-like animal alts.
Beast Wars didn't have day-glo colours. Some Beast Wars toys were repainted in awful colours, including day-glo colours, for Transformers Universe - but that's a separate line from Beast Wars.

http://www.geocities.com/transfandomcomic/photocomic_unicron14.jpg

And yes - of course their beast modes are life like. They're robots in disguise! :D Beast Wars did give us what many fans consider to be the best story ever written for a Transformers television series.

liegeprime
6th July 2008, 06:23 PM
Mabuhay and welcome to the boards! :D

Stompy
6th July 2008, 06:36 PM
And yes - of course their beast modes are life like. They're robots in disguise! :D

Beast Wars did give us what many fans consider to be the best story ever written for a Transformers television series.

It must have been Beast Machines but take what I say with a grain of salt... old age... long term memory glitchy. I know I saw a lot of figures with bright colours, but I wasn't paying much attention then. I'm relatively new to the toy collecting.

And I totally agree with the Beast Wars series giving us the best story in the TF universe. I really ought to pick up the series on DVD.

And thanks to all who have welcomed me so far. It's been a very warm and cozy orientation so far.

Paulbot
6th July 2008, 06:58 PM
Welcome Stompy

jaydisc
6th July 2008, 07:17 PM
Melbournian here

Me too!

I love great engineering and complicated conversions on my figs

Me too!

Welcome! The Melbourne collectors here hang out quite a bit so if you're keen, it'll be great to have you join us one day to meet you in person.

loophole
6th July 2008, 08:08 PM
Welcome Stompy!!!!

Mixmaster
6th July 2008, 10:24 PM
Hello there.

Robzy
6th July 2008, 10:46 PM
Welcome aboard! :)

STL
6th July 2008, 11:03 PM
Welcome! You and Jaydisc are gonna get along just fine. :)

Golden Phoenix
6th July 2008, 11:11 PM
Welcome to the boards.
I must say, the trill of the hunt is very enjoyable indeed

iceburn
6th July 2008, 11:27 PM
welcome Stompy.... great to see another fan here :P
catch up soon!

1orion2many
6th July 2008, 11:38 PM
:)Welcome to the board Stompy:D

ChlorHex