PDA

View Full Version : TFM Mudflap or Inferno?

STL
7th July 2008, 12:23 PM
Who do u like better?

iceburn
7th July 2008, 12:31 PM
Machine MEN!!!!!! always love the rarity of "them"
nah..just repaints but like jay has mentioned before. Mudflap's colours are now more in-sync with the construction truck :P nice pickup really.

i'm sure you will get both still and i like both too despite it being a repaint

Kyle
7th July 2008, 12:33 PM
I prefer Machine Men this time. :p

Paulbot
7th July 2008, 01:38 PM
Mudflap because I don't like the Armada Red Alert toy that much, and if they were going to reuse that toy why not keep the name? Transformers named Inferno should be fire trucks. :)

Golden Phoenix
7th July 2008, 02:43 PM
Mudflap look better in yellow compared to Inferno. Mudflup is also a much more solid figure

i_amtrunks
7th July 2008, 03:20 PM
The original Cybertron Mudflap was superior to the repaint, while personally I prefer Movie Inferno's paint scheme to the two original versions, so Inferno gets my vote.

Pulse
7th July 2008, 04:31 PM
Allspark Inferno - Hands Down! :)

I'm not gonna get into the "realism aspect" of Allspark Mudflap's paintjob but his original Cyb's version paintjob is enough for me. :)

TheDirtyDigger
7th July 2008, 04:59 PM
Thing that pees me off with both is that they are just way out of scale to each other and the rest of the Movie line.

Haven't opened either so can't really give them an objective judgement.
They both rate equally IMO.

Pipesqueak
7th July 2008, 05:41 PM
Inferno hands down. Much better mould, much nicer colours.

But neither work as movie toys.

dirge
7th July 2008, 08:01 PM
I dislike both repaints. Garish, and in the case of Inferno, yet another overused mould with a "paint it red and call it Inferno" release.

jaydisc
7th July 2008, 08:28 PM
Mudflap is a solid toy, albeit a bit bright. Inferno is gimmicky and has a disproportionate and silly looking robot mode.

STL
7th July 2008, 10:47 PM
The reason I asked this question is cos I just cracked mine open. I recall both being mediocre toys at best, Red Alert being pretty joe average. However, last night when I opened them, I was very very impressed with Inferno. He's a far better toy than I anticipated by a long shot. Sure, he's still disproportionate but he's a far better toy than I ever remembered him being. The red's really nice and the clear blue plastic is wicked.

I still think Mudflap is better tho. Inferno's head being apparent in alt mode, his strange proportions and flat coloured side windows weigh him down. Just surprised how much I'd rate Inferno. I'm not sure if it's the paint job or what but jsut wanted to see what others thought.

iceburn
8th July 2008, 12:01 AM
Time for Reprolabels to have stickers to soften the yellow and make Mudflap pretty
*hehe*

STL
8th July 2008, 12:55 AM
Time for Reprolabels to have stickers to soften the yellow and make Mudflap pretty
*hehe*

Well, the reason why I like Mudflap is b/c he's going straight to the Classics part of my collection. Gonna ask lcz128 to repaint the face and we'll have G1 Erector. :D

Pulse
8th July 2008, 12:59 AM
You're really missing your GF, aren't you STL? ;)

STL
8th July 2008, 01:12 AM
You're really missing your GF, aren't you STL? ;)

Galaxy Force? Yeah, ' course. I won't be complete without them. :p

GoktimusPrime
8th July 2008, 11:10 PM
Do you have Galaxy Force on DVD? I think it's reasonably decent series - JMO. :)

STL
8th July 2008, 11:23 PM
Do you have Galaxy Force on DVD? I think it's reasonably decent series - JMO. :)

Nope. I think a boxset is due out later this year from the US. I might just hunt that down. I'll try and borrow it first tho. From what i've seen so far, it's pretty cringeworthy w/out the same kind of payoffs we're having in Animated (which I'm only half way thru the last ep of - and boy is it good)

liegeprime
8th July 2008, 11:26 PM
passed both in their original, pass on them both still. MAchine men all the way!:D:D

jaydisc
8th July 2008, 11:39 PM
I'm really loving Mudflap more and more. He's so solid. Every joint on mine is so stiff and beautifully ratcheted.

Inferno is a bit more flimsy. I really dig the Inferno gimmick where the gun flicks out and it makes the sounds. But, if I don't tighten the gun after doing so, it comes flying off on the second triggering.

There's a beautiful mix of symmetry and asymmetry in Mudflap. I like how they chose to make the hinge that unfolds the head work the same way the front and back of the crane lift off the chassis. You'd expect a more standard, flip out the chest, flip up the head. It seems like a nice touch. I dig the subtle waist articulation as well.

In Inferno's instructions, while in robot mode, it says you can take one of the back panels of the alt mode and turn it and flip it out so it is parallel to the ground to place the mini-con on behind the flip-up transparent plastic. This is seemingly impossible with my figure as the roof of the alt mode is in the way and prevents me from doing so. What am I doing wrong?

I understand the complaints about the brightness of mudflap. I wish it was a darker yellow, or at least they added some other color besides that and white in the robot mode. However, for the alt mode, as I mentioned elsewhere, yellow is a very common color for a crane.

Of all the Movie Cybetron repaints, Mudflap is my favorite.

STL
8th July 2008, 11:52 PM
With Inferno, I can only get it to about 30 degrees to the horizontal. The legs get in the way. :confused:

Of all the Movie Cybetron repaints, Mudflap is my favorite.

I think you would've loved many of the Cybertron toys.

sifun
9th July 2008, 02:34 PM
isn't it called "erector" not mudflap... haha

JuzMel
13th July 2008, 05:51 PM
I just learnt that Inferno is Armada version? It's doesn't come across as a duplicate figure to me since I don't collect Armada. :P So it's kinda considered new to me. But I certainly prefer the cybertron Mudflap's colour.

Then again, we crazy fellas will most probably buy both anyway. Just for character's sake. :D

Stompy
13th July 2008, 08:29 PM
In Inferno's instructions, while in robot mode, it says you can take one of the back panels of the alt mode and turn it and flip it out so it is parallel to the ground to place the mini-con on behind the flip-up transparent plastic. This is seemingly impossible with my figure as the roof of the alt mode is in the way and prevents me from doing so. What am I doing wrong?

I had the same problem. Couldn't get it parallel to the ground at all. I tried different things but to no avail.

Mudflap is a great figure. All Cybertron toys that's Voyager or higher has a great solid feel to them and great joints. They really feel almost indestructible. I'm bummed I had second thoughts on getting GF Vector Prime and Quickmix recently. Anyway, I am happy with original Mudflap so I left the butter block repaint on the shelf. Although if I never had the original I'd have picked it up in a heartbeat.

Inferno has a great alt mode and nice gimmicks but unfortunately conversion and robot mode looks a little poor. I expect Legends figures like that but not Voyagers. I guess it's an old mold though.

Gutsman Heavy
13th July 2008, 09:19 PM
Was going to try and make one last ditch effort to get an Inferno, sadly my partner had to be hospitalized while I was at work, so naturally I abandoned my planned hunt, she's been discharged and all seems well, and with work + our anniversary this week I doubt I'll be able to pick one up before the Big W catalogue runs out, still there's Targets next :)

Stompy
13th July 2008, 11:47 PM
I'm not 100% sure, but I think TFM Mudflap & Inferno are both TRU exclusives. Never seen them anywhere else.

Gutsman Heavy
14th July 2008, 12:13 AM
I'm not 100% sure, but I think TFM Mudflap & Inferno are both TRU exclusives. Never seen them anywhere else.

price match ;)

kup
14th July 2008, 10:10 AM
I would have gotte Mudflap if they had made him an Autobot and called him Erector or at least made the Bio something that represents Erector.

STL
14th July 2008, 10:17 AM
I would have gotte Mudflap if they had made him an Autobot and called him Erector or at least made the Bio something that represents Erector.

Why not just re-name him yourself? It doesn't mean that Hasbro's dropped the ball, you have to.

kup
14th July 2008, 10:38 AM
Why not just re-name him yourself? It doesn't mean that Hasbro's dropped the ball, you have to.

Yeah but that's pushing it as I personally don't care for the mold or the repaint. As a character motivated collector, the representation of the character is important.

So just say that there is nothing that attracts me to the toy, nothing at all but if Hasbro had made him Erector, that would have made me turn my head.

STL
14th July 2008, 11:00 AM
Yeah but that's pushing it as I personally don't care for the mold or the repaint. As a character motivated collector, the representation of the character is important.

So just say that there is nothing that attracts me to the toy, nothing at all but if Hasbro had made him Erector, that would have made me turn my head.

For me, I personally take a lot of joy out of being add to my Classics army. Like movie big daddy and erector (mudflap) have gone straight to classics as will movie Getaway (breakaway) and Crankcase. I personally don't give a damn if Hasbro were too lazy to give him the right name, I'll rename him.

With Mudflap all u have to do is repaint the face red and you've got classics erector.

For instance, I'm sure no one's going to call their Octane by Hasbro's name Tankor are they?

kup
14th July 2008, 11:05 AM
For me, I personally take a lot of joy out of being add to my Classics army. Like movie big daddy and erector (mudflap) have gone straight to classics as will movie Getaway (breakaway) and Crankcase. I personally don't give a damn if Hasbro were too lazy to give him the right name, I'll rename him.

With Mudflap all u have to do is repaint the face red and you've got classics erector.

For instance, I'm sure no one's going to call their Octane by Hasbro's name Tankor are they?

Sorry I didn't communicate what I meant properly. I don't care what Hasbro names a figure either (*cough* Tankor *Cough*).

However I don't give a slag about the Mudflap mold/repaint and nothing attracts me to it but if Hasbro had named it properly that would have been enough to 'tempt' me as nothing else about the figure does.

For example, if Hasbro had released a Kick Ass mold that i liked that screamed Erector but was named 'Tower Dude', I would have bought the figure and said "Screw you Archer, this guy is Erector".

Pulse
14th July 2008, 11:09 AM
TF people have been renaming their TFs for years :) (Cos Hasbro s#cks at doing it :rolleyes:)

eg.
Classics Rodimus = Classics Hot Rod

Alt Rodimus = Alt Hot Rod

Classics Tankor = Classics Octane

& the list goes on... :D

kup
14th July 2008, 12:49 PM
TF people have been renaming their TFs for years :) (Cos Hasbro s#cks at doing it :rolleyes:)

eg.
Classics Rodimus = Classics Hot Rod

Alt Rodimus = Alt Hot Rod

Classics Tankor = Classics Octane

& the list goes on... :D

Yeah, my Classics Hot Rod is called that Hot Rod.

I refuse to refer to Classics Octane as 'Tankor'

Thankfully I don't collect other lines other than G1 and Beast Wars + related otherwise I will have a whole list of grievances in the naming department such as Energon Downshift, Ironhide, Springer, Scattor etc. Enough for me to require mandatory Anger management counseling.

Tiby
14th July 2008, 08:06 PM
I prefer the original Red Alert and Mudflap.