PDA

View Full Version : Titan Class METROPLEX

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Mythirax
13th June 2013, 10:00 PM
Stickers are probably just a necessary evil, allowing them to keep the cost of the toy down with minimal paint apps, but still giving people the option of having all the extra "paint" detailing that a toy this big needs to prevent it looking like a big boring white toy.

I just hate the stickers coming off, I'd be happier if they came with a backup sheet.

griffin
14th June 2013, 02:56 AM
If you aren't likely to ever need to remove them, superglue them on (with a glue that won't melt the plastic). It might sound extreme, but it works, and if done neatly, no one would ever know... especially the buyer if you ever sell, who will pay extra to have all stickers still attached.

Deonasis
14th June 2013, 08:32 AM
If you aren't likely to ever need to remove them, superglue them on (with a glue that won't melt the plastic). It might sound extreme, but it works, and if done neatly, no one would ever know... especially the buyer if you ever sell, who will pay extra to have all stickers still attached.Have you done this before? It sounds easy but no one wants to stuff up stickers on a $150 purchase. Which glue does not melt stickers and is easy to work with? Is there a trick to doing it neatly? Have any glues discoloured the stickers over the years?

gamblor916
14th June 2013, 09:01 AM
GS Hypo (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/9ml-GS-Hypo-Fabric-Cement-Adhensive-Jewelery-Crystal-Making-Glue-DIY-/140814745669?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item20c9368045). Dries clear, no discolouration, handy needle tip applicator. Good stuff.

It won't affect plastic but it WILL affect paint.

griffin
14th June 2013, 12:05 PM
I use one of those needle-point modelling glue bottles, and since it's modelling glue, I haven't had any problems with it melting plastic.
I don't use it that often though, just for damaged stickers, difficult stickers (Kabaya kits), or old ones that are starting to come off.

Mythirax
14th June 2013, 05:50 PM
So presumably, you use this stuff under the stickers. Just some of the old g1&2 stuff I've had/have. The stickers have turned to rot, even after not being played with or anything. So something like this might be quite helpful them. Any idea if any of the metroplex's being done, will have no sticker sheets?

Cat
14th June 2013, 06:08 PM
I'm terrible with stickers, so I'm none too pleased about Metroplex's vast number of stickers.

The best tip I've ever received was to use tweezers. You get SUCH better results, it's a heck of a difference.

Sinnertwin
14th June 2013, 10:43 PM
The best tip I've ever received was to use tweezers. You get SUCH better results, it's a heck of a difference.

Makes it so much easier! I also use a cotton bud sometimes if i'm going around corners or in nooks to make sure they're applied properly

Sinnertwin
24th June 2013, 12:22 PM
With thanks to YouTuber TheGame2K5 and TFormers, we have a video of Metroplex's soundbytes. Along with various other sounds, he includes the following phrases:

These Decepticons Scatter Like Cowards
Till All Are One
Metroplex Heeds the Call of the Last Prime
Foolish Decepticons
Decepticon Deactivation Commencing
Target Syncronizing Initiated
Target Obliterated

Click here (http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=Hfu7MNYoKSA&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DHfu7MNYoKSA) for the video

GoktimusPrime
24th June 2013, 12:39 PM
So does this toy actually have "Fall of Cybertron" as a sub line printed on the packaging? Cos I usually lump my Generations toys on my Classicsverse shelves, but I keep my WFC/FOC toys on separate shelves. I think I'm gonna end up putting Metroplex on my WFC/FOC shelves even if they don't have the FoC subline tag due to 'authorial intent' (kinda like how my Classics Ultra Magnus is also on my Classicsverse shelf even though the packaging never actually said "Classics"). :o

Sinnertwin
24th June 2013, 12:56 PM
No mention of FoC printed on the box from the official images that i've seen so far GP.

Ravagecat
24th June 2013, 01:22 PM
I just hate the stickers coming off, I'd be happier if they came with a backup sheet.

If you want a less permanent solution without the possibility/risk of the super glue damaging the plastic I use a Bostik Glue stick.

http://chemdata.lupinsys.com/getdoc/36815

I have used it on all my troubled AM prime toys and the stickers have not peeled back since.

Tip: for larger stickers you can just apply the glue directly but for smaller fiddly ones I use a hobby knife/stanley knife and scrape a bit of the glue from the stick and rub it on the back of the sticker (like buttering toast :D ), but you only need a small amount for these types otherwise it oozes out the sides (easily wiped away) when you push it (the sticker) down.

For applying stickers, as mentioned above, tweezers or a stanley knife (put the end of the blade under a small part of the sticker) works a treat for maneuvering stickers into place. And a cotton bud (also mentioned) works great from smoothing stickers out or pushing them down flat in areas to small for my fat fingers ;)

I think I'll be keeping my Metroplex (once i get it) displayed with my mix of classics and generations TF's :cool:

AJ_Prime
25th June 2013, 11:48 PM
Seibertron.com user mrtbone81 has posted a YouTube review of Titan class Generations Metroplex (click here to Seibertron.com page with review (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/transformers-generations-titan-class-metroplex-video-review/27665/)) and OMG that thing is friggin' huge!!

Check it out next to Voyager FOC Grimlock! Completely dwarfs him!

I don't even care about his weak alt modes or the stickers, this thing is bought on site for the mere fact of his sheer size. He has some very nice articulation and will look great amongst both G1 and WfC/FoC figures.

Definitely worth adding to the collection IMO.

Cat
29th June 2013, 12:32 PM
Up at Amazon for preorder.

With 2 week shipping to Australia, he's $165AU.

Worth it, IMO.

Trent
29th June 2013, 01:29 PM

Worth it, IMO.

That's a good price.:eek:

lancalot
29th June 2013, 02:15 PM

Worth it, IMO.

Cool thanks for that cat...ordered !! :D

The_Damned
29th June 2013, 02:32 PM
so the hasbro version has stickers? and the takara no?

Hursticon
29th June 2013, 06:34 PM
so the hasbro version has stickers? and the takara no?

With regards to Takara's iteration, annoyingly there hasn't been any concrete info on whether theirs is 100% tampoed/stickered or a combination of the 2 yet. :o

What is interesting though is that apparently, as heard by a Takara Rep at the Tokyo Toy Show (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Hp2CWIMeQDk), is that the SDCC Metroplex will be exactly the same as the Takara variant - Meaning the Deco and additional big red rifle will an SDCC inclusion... apparently :cool:

AJ_Prime
29th June 2013, 06:54 PM
I read somewhere a while ago that the AU price will be about $150. I'd be happy to pay the extra $15 to secure one from Amazon, but I might just keep my ear to the ground to see how much he will be locally first. If Amazon maintain that price for the duration he is in stock and it's less than locally then I'll definitely put in an order.

Hursticon
29th June 2013, 07:52 PM
AAARRRGGGHHH!!! :eek::eek::eek:

I just read TFW2005's article on the Transformers-based Exclusives for SDCC (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/san-diego-comic-con-33/hasbro-reveals-san-diego-comic-con-2013-exclusive-transformers-figures-177869/) this year; I had absolutely no interest in any of it whatsoever until seeing what is included with SDCC Metroplex! :(

How the hell is one supposed to get a hold of that single thing without having to obtain the whole bloody lot!?! :eek::(

orionpax1
30th June 2013, 01:17 PM
BBTS now has him up for preorder for $109.00. The preorder was not suppose to be up until the first of july, but because Amazon got theirs up early BBTS followed suit. This a good buy if you have pile of loot on and already have items awaiting postage.

griffin
30th June 2013, 01:50 PM
They told me that they had brought in about 200-240 to BotCon, but look to have only sold about a quarter.
I think they over-priced them, expecting a lot of people would be jumping on them to be the first with a Metroplex... but in the end, most people probably saw it as not being worth paying an extra 50% just to get it 2 months early.

I was a bit surprised that they didn't sell out, or even half... considering the hype that was with this figure.

Raptormesh
30th June 2013, 01:59 PM
I think the trouble involved in transporting and storing that thing may have been a factor.

sifun
1st July 2013, 11:49 AM
where would the the most cost effective place to preorder the variants?

griffin
1st July 2013, 01:41 PM
They told me that they had brought in about 200-240 to BotCon, but look to have only sold about a quarter.
I think they over-priced them, expecting a lot of people would be jumping on them to be the first with a Metroplex... but in the end, most people probably saw it as not being worth paying an extra 50% just to get it 2 months early.

I was a bit surprised that they didn't sell out, or even half... considering the hype that was with this figure.

They only sold about a quarter on the first day, but sold the rest on the second day, which is when non-preregistrants were allowed in.
Looks like the more dedicated fans (pre-registrants) were willing to wait 2 months to get them a lot cheaper because they knew about it... while the less dedicated "walk in" crowd were keen to get the big new toy at what they probably thought was the normal price.

jazzcomp
1st July 2013, 02:08 PM
what is the normal price?

BigTransformerTrev
1st July 2013, 02:17 PM
They have him for pre-order for $110 from BBTS, then $65 for shipping.

I'm assuming if you have a big enough POL that price will drop a fair bit. If the rest of mine come in I'm gonna have a whopper!

Edit: Ah, I see orionpax1 has already said the same thing :o

jazzcomp
1st July 2013, 02:18 PM
They have him for pre-order for $110 from BBTS, then $65 for shipping.

I'm assuming if you have a big enough POL that price will drop a fair bit. If the rest of mine come in I'm gonna have a whopper!

Edit: Ah, I see orionpax1 has already said the same thing :o
I guess I'm interested to know what is the normal price and how much less it would be compared to botcon price from griffin's comment.

griffin
1st July 2013, 03:51 PM
For Americans, US Retail pricing is recommended to be $125, but apparently Walmart(?) is going to sell it for $90... making it a lot less for Americans than the $150 BBTS were selling at the Convention.

Necare
3rd July 2013, 07:27 PM
Typically in the US they announce a price and then right at the release of a popular figure there will be some online coupon for 10 ro 20% off. For example with MP-10 release the prices varied from $85 to $115 depending on if you had a coupon. The timing has to be right. Lots of times I simply had to go back to the shop to purchase and return a figure to capitalize on any discounts.

Though it all depends on the distribution though. I would expect that Metroplex will trickle into stores, but then several months later be found available...that is unless the scalpers get involved.

Preordered mine on BBTS already, along with a bunch of other stuff so my POL should bring down the shipping costs quite a bit.

lancalot
7th July 2013, 04:45 PM
amazon drop his price to 115 now....so with shipping it be 155 !
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CFWWD7O/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

griffin
7th July 2013, 06:03 PM
Wow... I didn't realise Amazon had listed it. And only about 4 weeks away from release.
That should be cheaper than what it will be sold here for, unless there is a sale or clearance later.

Necare
8th July 2013, 09:44 PM
150 shipped is a deal. I cannot tell if ordering through BBTS seeing as I already have an item ready forshipping will be cheaper trhough them. At this point I would only have to pay theer pound increase in the package which is a bit more than 8 pounds.

Hmmm.

GoktimusPrime
8th July 2013, 10:13 PM
amazon drop his price to 115 now....so with shipping it be 155 !
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CFWWD7O/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/shutuptakemoney.jpg

Sinnertwin
8th July 2013, 10:16 PM
As a comparison it'll be USD $110 + $78 USPS shipping from BBTS if you were to buy him only. Shipping weight's 8.4 pounds (3.81kg)
$130 + $106 EMS shipping from RK.

AJ_Prime
8th July 2013, 11:37 PM
So that would be USD $155 from Amazon? Which equates to over AU $170. I thought I'd read somewhere that it would be selling for $150 in Oz. Does anyone know if that sounds right or will it be more?

griffin
8th July 2013, 11:45 PM
For anyone wondering...
Fortress Maximus - 3.5kg
GEN Metroplex - 2.7kg

A lot lighter, and only a couple centimetres taller (head to head - but 9cm taller if you count the removable shoulder cannons)...

Biggest Transformers toy Ever? Hardly.

Trent
9th July 2013, 07:23 AM
For anyone wondering...
Fortress Maximus - 3.5kg
GEN Metroplex - 2.7kg

A lot lighter, and only a couple centimetres taller (head to head - but 9cm taller if you count the removable shoulder cannons)...

But of course he was going to be lighter. Plastic is stronger/better these days so you need less of it to do the same job. You can hardly expect them to make it heavier just for the sake of it?:confused:

And considering that the word 'biggest' relates to size (which is defined by something's dimensions, not its mass), technically Hasbro are right. (I'm not taking into account the total volume of plastic, in which case maybe Fort Max would win??)

serialmonkey
9th July 2013, 09:15 AM
Wonder if I'm going to be able to hold out. Always had in my head that I would just wait for this to turn up locally, but now it's so seemingly easily available for pre-order I'm getting twitchy ........

Gouki
9th July 2013, 09:28 AM
For anyone wondering...
Fortress Maximus - 3.5kg
GEN Metroplex - 2.7kg

They never said it was going to be the heaviest.

Geez, G1 fans, calm yourselves.

Sinnertwin
9th July 2013, 09:29 AM
So that would be USD $155 from Amazon? Which equates to over AU $170. I thought I'd read somewhere that it would be selling for $150 in Oz. Does anyone know if that sounds right or will it be more?

His current RRP is $200 according to Myer & TRU with s scheduled in store date of September. if they have a 20-25% off sale, then he'd be priced between $150-$160. You've probably seen those prices around the board :)

AJ_Prime
9th July 2013, 04:42 PM
His current RRP is $200 according to Myer & TRU with s scheduled in store date of September. if they have a 20-25% off sale, then he'd be priced between $150-$160. You've probably seen those prices around the board :)

Thanks Sinnertwin. Myer are famous for over pricing their transformers and sometimes TRU have been guilty of the same. Do we know if any other stores such as Kmart, Big W or Target are getting these in? I suspect they may be cheaper there. Still, $170 is looking pretty good and may be similar to what it would go for at the other chains if they choose to stock it.

Cheers for the info.

BTW, saw Optibotimus's review (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yRFxxFJQAw) of this today and cracked me up when his cat made several impromptu appearances in front of the camera. Of course, feel free to ignore the BBTS plug at the end.

Kazza
9th July 2013, 04:46 PM
Anyone know if the takara version will have japanese voice clips or english voice clips?

Sinnertwin
9th July 2013, 05:38 PM
Thanks Sinnertwin. Myer are famous for over pricing their transformers and sometimes TRU have been guilty of the same. Do we know if any other stores such as Kmart, Big W or Target are getting these in? I suspect they may be cheaper there. Still, $170 is looking pretty good and may be similar to what it would go for at the other chains if they choose to stock it.

Just got off the phone from Target, they did a search through and couldn't find a listing. We (Kmart) don't have a listing either, that of course may change. I'll shoot an email off to Hasbro later tonight, see if i can get a listing of stores.

AJ_Prime
9th July 2013, 06:47 PM
Thanks mate, appreciate that. I look forward to the response. It will help myself and probably others on the forum determine which option best suits them.

Hursticon
9th July 2013, 06:56 PM
Anyone know if the takara version will have japanese voice clips or english voice clips?

I'd like some clarification to this also; there's been plenty of info regarding the different decos but literally no word on whether the Takara release will have a Japanese Dub. :confused:
To be honest, I don't think it'll matter too much to me at the end of the day as I wont be leaving the batteries in for long regardless of the version I end up obtaining - It'd just be nice to know once and for all is all. :cool:

Zippo
9th July 2013, 07:09 PM
! I never thought of that. I am going for the Japanese version to open due to the better deco and the extra gun, but the voice chip in English rocks compared to other toys ... what do I do

GoktimusPrime
9th July 2013, 07:37 PM
! I never thought of that. I am going for the Japanese version to open due to the better deco and the extra gun, but the voice chip in English rocks compared to other toys ... what do I do
I've pre-ordered the Hasbro version, but I'd be willing to swap the voice chip with you (if it's easily doable) if you like. I personally don't care if my Metroplex speaks English or Japanese, and in all likelihood I'm probably gonna keep the batteries out and hardly ever use the sound gimmick anyway. So get the Japanese version if you prefer the look of that, and maybe we can work something out later down the track.

Sinnertwin
9th July 2013, 07:44 PM
My money's on an English voice chip

Necare
9th July 2013, 11:22 PM
I just preordered from Amazon. If you sign up for an Amazon CC then you get an instant $50 gift coupon. $105USD and change shipped for Metroplex...not bad. Granted I have a US account so not sure if you can sign up without one.

I bet there's a way I can get a couple of my friends in the States to perhaps sign up and purchase for members, though not sure if they've already taken the deal.

Ultra Mackness
10th July 2013, 09:12 AM
I've preordered with Amazon now (thanks for the headsup Lancalot!) but they won't charge me until they ship in about a month. Now I'm worried about the Oz dollar diving again. If they charged me now it would be ~$170AUD, but if the dollar falls a bit further the effective AUD price will go north...

Is there any way to get Amazon to charge me before they ship?

Sinnertwin
10th July 2013, 05:17 PM
Email received from Hasbro. Metroplex will be available in September at
Target
Big W
TRU
Myer

ILikeSoundwave
10th July 2013, 05:40 PM
Target
Big W
TRU
Myer

Prices? and why not at Kmart?

MayzaPrime
10th July 2013, 06:33 PM
Target
Big W
TRU
Myer

Awesome!!!!! I was holding off buying the Hasbro version hoping that we will get it fairly soon... Now to find a spot for both Hasbro and Takara version...

AJ_Prime
10th July 2013, 08:09 PM
Target
Big W
TRU
Myer

Awesome work Sinnertwin. Did they happen to mention a RRP at all?

ILikeSoundwave
10th July 2013, 08:13 PM
I hope Big W have it at $150, Target and Toys R us will definitely be over that.

Sinnertwin
10th July 2013, 08:45 PM
Awesome work Sinnertwin. Did they happen to mention a RRP at all?

Nothing new from what we already know, AJ, ILS; RRP at TRU & Myer $200, one can assume with their current TF price points that Target might be in the $180-$200 range also. Big W might be the cheapest option if current retail pricing is anything to go by.

Magnus
10th July 2013, 09:55 PM
Thanks for the heads-up, Sinnertwin. I was iffy before, but now I'm seriously considering this figure, and seeing it in-store (at several locations, too) will help.

AJ_Prime
10th July 2013, 11:14 PM
Cool thanks for that. Sounds like it will potentially be around the same price as getting it from Amazon (once you add shipping and exchange rate into the mix).

Good to know that it will be available at several stores, and Big W will most likely be the best priced one.

Kazza
10th July 2013, 11:15 PM
I'm just going to focus on the local release, in case of any QC issues or breakage, at least i'll be able to return for another one.

griffin
10th July 2013, 11:42 PM
Prices? and why not at Kmart?

Toys aren't just sent out to stores. Each store-chain has to want the product enough to order it. It looks like Kmart were not interested in Metroplex, so didn't order it.

VERT
10th July 2013, 11:44 PM
Oh god what have I done. I could not wait the extra few weeks and just got one on ebay! AHHHHHH $230AUD shipped. But hey its only $30 more than what Myer and TRU will sell it for. :D:D:D:D:D:D BBTS was $109US and $70US for postage and I would have got about a $15 Currency conversion fee from the bank using my credit card. I dont think I did that bad....:rolleyes:

GoktimusPrime
11th July 2013, 10:09 AM
Cool thanks for that. Sounds like it will potentially be around the same price as getting it from Amazon (once you add shipping and exchange rate into the mix).
Incl. shipping it's US$156, which is about AU$175, so we're looking at an approx. difference of $25, so the $200 RRP isn't too bad considering. :) And as you said, you have the advantage of easier refund/exchange options (plus you can rip the toy open as soon as you buy it instead of that excruciating wait that comes with online shopping! :rolleyes:).

Sinnertwin
11th July 2013, 12:17 PM
Rang Big W + Target looking for prices, the UPC ( Barcode 653569874577) isn't in their systems yet.

nexusnixx
11th July 2013, 01:10 PM
Hmmmm I managed to secure a piece for $105aud. Have not done the shipping cost yet. Might have to bring it back to save on cost.

ILikeSoundwave
11th July 2013, 01:13 PM
Rang Big W + Target looking for prices, the UPC ( Barcode 653569874577) isn't in their systems yet.

Hopefully they should have in the next couple of weeks, want to know Big W's price before I order online.

Sinnertwin
11th July 2013, 01:50 PM
BBTS was $109US and $70US for postage and I would have got about a $15 Currency conversion fee from the bank using my credit card. I dont think I did that bad....:rolleyes:

If you're able to, VERT, do what i do and leave the account that's linked to BBTS at a bare minimum. No money in the account, no charge, no bank conversion fee. Once i get email notification of the product being available, I deposit money into that account and pay via Paypal. This works for larger purchases for which i used to get charged a conversion fee.

VERT
11th July 2013, 02:16 PM
I thought Big bad toystore did not use pay pal. Thanks for the tip will keep that in mind :-)

Trent
11th July 2013, 06:28 PM
I thought Big bad toystore did not use pay pal. Thanks for the tip will keep that in mind :-)

They do, you just can't use pile of loot with paypal.

Sinnertwin
11th July 2013, 06:43 PM
They do, you just can't use pile of loot with paypal.

You can pay for your PoL preordered items with PayPal, but you do need a credit card to be able to place a preorder. PayPal or credit card are available payment options. Mine's a visa linked to savings account, i just transfer the funds when i'm ready to pay for an item

Blairimus2563
11th July 2013, 11:27 PM
Will Metroplex be available for Christmas?

Mythirax
12th July 2013, 12:51 AM
Target
Big W
TRU
Myer

Will Metroplex be available for Christmas?

I gather this would mean yes.

VERT
14th July 2013, 01:28 PM
My Metroplex was posted on friday. Wonder how long it will take to arrive. :D

DELTAprime
14th July 2013, 04:22 PM
Anyone else thinking of trying to get a SDCC Metroplex instead of standard retail? I'm so conflicted as to if I should keep my retail version preordered at Amazon or if I should hope BBTS gets some SDCC copies in.

lancalot
14th July 2013, 04:25 PM
My Metroplex was posted on friday. Wonder how long it will take to arrive. :D

cool vert ...where you order it from?...

Sinnertwin
14th July 2013, 04:41 PM
Anyone else thinking of trying to get a SDCC Metroplex instead of standard retail? I'm so conflicted as to if I should keep my retail version preordered at Amazon or if I should hope BBTS gets some SDCC copies in.

Not really, I've never been a fan, but from a dollars and cents point of view, is the SDCC version really worth the extra that you'll be paying? Ultimately, if the SDCC's going.to make you happier & you won't regret it later, why not do it?

VERT
14th July 2013, 05:35 PM
cool vert ...where you order it from?...

Found an okay price with postage on ebay :D

MayzaPrime
14th July 2013, 06:16 PM

Robot Kingdom had a few preorders for the SDCC Metroplex... I was lucky enough to get one! It won't be released until August.

I will be buying a retail Hasbro version as well... SDCC version will be displayed MSIB while I play with the Hasbro version.

Sinnertwin
14th July 2013, 07:49 PM
Target. $179.
Possibly on sale if they have their Sept/Oct toy sale again.

ILikeSoundwave
14th July 2013, 08:51 PM
Target. $179.
Possibly on sale if they have their Sept/Oct toy sale again.

Come on Big W $150! btw great work Sinnertwin

Kazza
14th July 2013, 11:46 PM
Robot Kingdom had a few preorders for the SDCC Metroplex... I was lucky enough to get one! It won't be released until August.

I will be buying a retail Hasbro version as well... SDCC version will be displayed MSIB while I play with the Hasbro version.

You sure it was from RK or if it was actually the Takara version? Cause I've been looking through their database at metroplex for the past few weeks and not seen SDCC metroplex listed anywhere, it should still show even if sold out.

nexusnixx
15th July 2013, 09:01 AM
Maybe it was the Asian Hong Kong comic convention?

You sure it was from RK or if it was actually the Takara version? Cause I've been looking through their database at metroplex for the past few weeks and not seen SDCC metroplex listed anywhere, it should still show even if sold out.

Deonasis
15th July 2013, 11:46 AM
Maybe it was the Asian Hong Kong comic convention? Some time ago RK had all 4 versions listed, then the ACG version disappeared, then the SDCC version disappeared.

UltraMarginal
15th July 2013, 01:28 PM
the idea of the sdcc version with the extra gun and little figures is great but the chrome face is really not appealing to me, and the chrome stickers don't look as nice as the normal non-chrome stickers. Landing strip highlights should stand out like dogs balls in the moonlight.

Lordy
15th July 2013, 08:32 PM
I think if I am getting Metroplex I'll just go with whatever version gets released locally.

I wouldn't mind doing a black wash on him, like what someone did at one of the toy shows. He looked good with the black highlights.

nexusnixx
16th July 2013, 12:28 PM
Foolish me pulled the trigger on eBay and got it for $380 shipped. :mad:

VERT
16th July 2013, 02:16 PM
Wow thats a lot! Mine from ebay was 220aud shipped!

Raptormesh
17th July 2013, 10:09 PM
Wow thats a lot! Mine from ebay was 220aud shipped!

I think he's talking about the SDCC version.

Sky Shadow
18th July 2013, 12:02 PM
A great pictorial review of SDCC Metroplex (http://comicsalliance.com/transformers-sdcc-2013-hasbro-exclusive-metroplex/). The photo with the dog is brilliant.

nexusnixx
18th July 2013, 12:30 PM
Just WOW!!!!!!

BigTransformerTrev
18th July 2013, 03:03 PM
A great pictorial review of SDCC Metroplex (http://comicsalliance.com/transformers-sdcc-2013-hasbro-exclusive-metroplex/). The photo with the dog is brilliant.

That pic with Unicron has really put the size of the figure in perspective for me - damn :D!

UltraMarginal
18th July 2013, 03:13 PM
The box is Freakin EPIC!

nexusnixx
18th July 2013, 05:40 PM
Am so tempted to get another to keep as a spare :p

Mythirax
18th July 2013, 10:01 PM
That pic with Unicron has really put the size of the figure in perspective for me - damn :D!

Finally a proper size comparison for me! And damn does it look epic.

VERT
22nd July 2013, 01:00 PM
LOOK WHO ARRIVED TODAY!! :D
Look who just knocked on my door :eek:

http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff473/VERTYSNAP/DSC_0659.jpg[/URL]

http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff473/VERTYSNAP/DSC_0660.jpg[/URL]

http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff473/VERTYSNAP/DSC_0661.jpg[/URL]

http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff473/VERTYSNAP/DSC_0662.jpg[/URL]

http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff473/VERTYSNAP/DSC_0663.jpg

Trent
22nd July 2013, 05:46 PM
Wow. I can't believe how crappily they packed him in the box. The complete opposite of the SDCC version.

Awesome that you have him though. The test for me will be if I find it at retail. :o

DELTAprime
22nd July 2013, 06:43 PM
Wow. I can't believe how crappily they packed him in the box. The complete opposite of the SDCC version.

Yep, I payed an extra $100 or so for a nice box and chrome. Money poorly spent.:o

What a crappy box.

nexusnixx
22nd July 2013, 06:47 PM
Cannot wait for the first Australian to present his/her sdcc version of fort max

Hursticon
22nd July 2013, 07:35 PM
Wow. I can't believe how crappily they packed him in the box.

I certainly hope that Takara's version is packed a little better, that's for sure! :o
(For a total end cost of $250 it would bloody-well want to! :cool:)

primetime
23rd July 2013, 04:25 PM
OMG that packaging of Metroplex really is terrible - glad that he's arrived unharmed .... - I do think that the SDCC do add the necessary additional detailing to Metroplex - he looks kind of bare otherwise ....

MayzaPrime
23rd July 2013, 06:11 PM
I guess by packing it that way Hasbro can save on the cost :confused:

Autocon
23rd July 2013, 07:09 PM
Pathetic packaging Hasbro:rolleyes:......

Magnus
23rd July 2013, 08:02 PM
I'm not really bothered by it. It does the job - keeping the parts from excessively banging against each other and rattling around too much in the box. It's not as if it's a window box where you can see the actual toy inside, anyway.

drifand
23rd July 2013, 08:39 PM
I'm not really bothered by it. It does the job - keeping the parts from excessively banging against each other and rattling around too much in the box. It's not as if it's a window box where you can see the actual toy inside, anyway.

Ditto, otherwise we pay another $100 just for the box if you want better packing.

GoktimusPrime
23rd July 2013, 11:24 PM
The way it's packaged is horrible, but they released pics of it a while ago, so I'm not sure why people are surprised by it. :o But I agree that it should have been packaged better considering how f'expensive this toy is. I don't see why they couldn't have packaged it more like Brave Maximus (http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh153/Roboto750/IMG_1004.jpg) -- a few more bits of cardboard and a truckload of twist ties! :D (it may not look like much in that photo, but as anyone who owns a Brave Max will agree, that toy is like twist-tie king!) -- and Metroplex could still have just as many twist ties too... it's hard to judge from a simple photo (you don't really know until you start liberating the toy ;)). A few extra bits of cardboard and bunch of twist ties isn't gonna blow the freakin' roof off the budget! :rolleyes:

VERT
23rd July 2013, 11:56 PM
It only took about 5min to get him out of the box. Not much holding him in. But it did its job.

DELTAprime
24th July 2013, 12:08 AM
It only took about 5min to get him out of the box. Not much holding him in. But it did its job.

lol.

I know it's not "environmentally friendly" but what was wrong with how Encore Fort Max was packaged? It took me seconds to get him out of the packaging and he was well protected.

GoktimusPrime
24th July 2013, 12:19 AM
I suspect it may cost more to make a foam tray too. Even in G1 only really big toys like Optimus Prime, Soundwave, Megatron etc. came with foam trays - most boxed toys like the Autobot cars, Decepticon Seekers etc came with cardboard trays attached by blisters.

And HasTak are trying to go for a more enviro-friendly packaging. If you look at TakTOM's TF Go! packaging, the windows now all have the recycling number on it so that waste management centres know how to sort it (Hasbro says they're going to do this too), and for quite some time now they've stopped using plastic coated metal twist ties in favour of bio-degradable twist ties (which are also MUCH easier to cut through with tin snips, yay! :)).

Trent
24th July 2013, 01:20 PM
The way it's packaged is horrible, but they released pics of it a while ago, so I'm not sure why people are surprised by it. :o But I agree that it should have been packaged better considering how f'expensive this toy is. I don't see why they couldn't have packaged it more like Brave Maximus (http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh153/Roboto750/IMG_1004.jpg) -- a few more bits of cardboard and a truckload of twist ties! :D (it may not look like much in that photo, but as anyone who owns a Brave Max will agree, that toy is like twist-tie king!) -- and Metroplex could still have just as many twist ties too... it's hard to judge from a simple photo (you don't really know until you start liberating the toy ;)). A few extra bits of cardboard and bunch of twist ties isn't gonna blow the freakin' roof off the budget! :rolleyes:

I hadn't seen it in packaging before this. So I was suprised it was so… poor.

drifand
24th July 2013, 06:18 PM
In my point of view, the toy is cheap for such a size and magnitude. If anything, I would have expected $400 and nothing less, thus why I am not complaining about the packaging. In fact I was surprised that is affordable unlike Fortress Max when it first released back in the days, I am pretty sure $360+ dollars was the price?

Don't get me wrong, I agree is poor packaging, is also made in China. But it is ok for me. If I am collecting though SDCC would be the way to go.

GoktimusPrime
24th July 2013, 10:39 PM
In my point of view, the toy is cheap for such a size and magnitude. If anything, I would have expected $400 and nothing less, thus why I am not complaining about the packaging. In fact I was surprised that is affordable unlike Fortress Max when it first released back in the days, I am pretty sure $360+ dollars was the price?
Fortress Maximus originally retailed in the US for $99 (AU$140*) and in Japan for 12800JPY (AU$120*). Fortress Maximus was exceedingly rare in Australia, so it's difficult to confirm what the price was here, but it's possible that it could've been a tad under $200.

Don't get me wrong, I agree is poor packaging, is also made in China. But it is ok for me. If I am collecting though SDCC would be the way to go.
Brave Maximus was made in China. So was Unicron and Primus. Encore Fortress Maximus would've been made in China or Vietnam. I don't see how this would affect the quality of packaging; the factory would package the toys properly if Hasbro told them to do it.

--------------------------------------------
*July 1987 exchange rate (http://fxtop.com/en/currency-converter-past.php)

drifand
25th July 2013, 10:32 AM
Very certain Fortress Maximus wasn't cheap when I first saw it as a boy.
I do not remember it under $200 mark, but then you guys look like are the experts on this. Remember US price do not 100% reflect what is priced here or Asian market. This is just like the KitchenAid where I can get one in States for $250 but here is at $700+

As for packaging, well.......tell Hasbro? Then they repack and charge us $50 more? I dunno. To me as long as I bring it home and is not broken, I am ok with it.

Singapore has this now at $160SG. Hasbro version.

On the note China is fine but with strict QC control involved. Is often that China was not good at quality standard but are now improving as they realised how much it could mean for business.

Freya
25th July 2013, 10:59 AM
Amazon US increased the price to $180US now!

DELTAprime
25th July 2013, 05:33 PM
Amazon US increased the price to $180US now!

That's not Amazon's price, it's a 3rd party selling on Amazon. I forget what they call their 3rd party seller program. Amazon them selves have sold out.

nexusnixx
25th July 2013, 07:07 PM
seller (ebay) for my SDCC metroplex has gone missing... have not heard from the person in the past 9 days..... arrgghhhh... i hope seller turns up soon... or else a negative rating soon....

how seamless is the paypal resolution centre? prompt payment or does it take days and weeks

liegeprime
25th July 2013, 10:19 PM
seller (ebay) for my SDCC metroplex has gone missing... have not heard from the person in the past 9 days..... arrgghhhh... i hope seller turns up soon... or else a negative rating soon....

how seamless is the paypal resolution centre? prompt payment or does it take days and weeks

from my failed transaction in ebay before paypal took a week for them to investigate to see if there is indeed a validity to the claim. Youll need to provide them with enough evidence (i.e. email inquiries that never got answered etc. with dates more preferred) so as to hasten it up a bit.

drifand
25th July 2013, 11:07 PM

You raise it before your item gets out of reach of claiming.
Might be worth letting us see who is the seller.
Once you raise it with Paypal you wait for seller response, before the waiting time is over still no response you file a claim then up to Paypal to give you the refund.

lancalot
26th July 2013, 12:27 AM

If you think something funny going on ,put a depute up straight away ... then every email you send them will be logged in ... they wait for the seller response in certain time frame ... then they decide on your case ...

drifand
26th July 2013, 08:13 AM
If you think something funny going on ,put a depute up straight away ... then every email you send them will be logged in ... they wait for the seller response in certain time frame ... then they decide on your case ...

Correct however you have to monitor that time frame as it is NOT automatic.
If nothing happens you then raise a claim before that time period ends if the seller choose not to communicate.

UltraMarginal
26th July 2013, 11:30 AM
You have 45 days after the end of the listing to make a claim through ebay and paypal, after that you're out of luck.

drifand
26th July 2013, 11:56 AM
Only if my parents were fit and younger, I would have them help you guys to lug Metroplex from Singapore at cheap price. ;)

Freya
27th July 2013, 07:39 AM
Only if my parents were fit and younger, I would have them help you guys to lug Metroplex from Singapore at cheap price. ;)

But don't forget, box at this size, shipping is a killer! also TF toys in SG won't be that cheaper then in Aust. just look at MP soundwave for example, its cost $249.95SGD which equal to around $214AUD. :confused:

drifand
27th July 2013, 11:12 AM
well it is what it is, pretty sure people can't wait and will pay more for it for a guaranteed piece. Metroplex is a big hassle, I am not sure I want to keep one but it does looks cooler than Fortress Max is some ways.

Skript
27th July 2013, 01:51 PM
in singapore at the moment. metro is going for $150 sin

GoktimusPrime
29th July 2013, 11:14 PM
comparison photo of Fortress Maximus and Metroplex
http://kotaku.com/move-over-fort-max-theres-a-new-worlds-tallest-trans-793749191
I'm surprised people aren't taking more of these. :o

DELTAprime
29th July 2013, 11:24 PM
comparison photo of Fortress Maximus and Metroplex
http://kotaku.com/move-over-fort-max-theres-a-new-worlds-tallest-trans-793749191
I'm surprised people aren't taking more of these. :o

I noticed when I first saw this piece on Kotaku that they say tallest. That's good from my point of view, I disagree with Hasbro calling Metroplex the biggest when Max clearly has more bulk than Metroplex. I'm not saying Metroplex ain't big, I just think Max has more bulk.

GoktimusPrime
29th July 2013, 11:52 PM
^totally agree, although the bulk on Metroplex looks impressive too. What photos can't tell us is the feeling of the toy... Fort Max isn't just big and chunky, he's a heavy 5 kilo bugger too! It'll be interesting to see how much Metroplex weighs.

drifand
30th July 2013, 12:19 AM
^totally agree, although the bulk on Metroplex looks impressive too. What photos can't tell us is the feeling of the toy... Fort Max isn't just big and chunky, he's a heavy 5 kilo bugger too! It'll be interesting to see how much Metroplex weighs.

3.5KG

griffin
30th July 2013, 03:04 AM

From the scales I used (in post #287)...

For anyone wondering...
Fortress Maximus - 3.5kg
GEN Metroplex - 2.7kg

rocman12
30th July 2013, 10:51 AM

Never realised how big he is! Now im even more excited and cant wait to get my hands on him! Though i have no more room to display him anywhere!!!

griffin
30th July 2013, 01:10 PM
It's like they put the old Metroplex on the Rack and stretched him...

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/bc13/ma17.jpg

nexusnixx
30th July 2013, 01:16 PM
Sexy legs ha ha

UltraMarginal
30th July 2013, 01:17 PM
WOW, And the old metroplex is currently on my FOC shelf, and barely fits... :(
where am I going to put this big guy.

GoktimusPrime
30th July 2013, 01:41 PM
Hhmmm... I think I must've gotten the Fort Max = 5kg thing from when I received Brave Maximus and the import sticker thing listed the package weight as 5kg, but of course adding the combined weight of the box, packaging etc. would add on. :o

DELTAprime
30th July 2013, 02:17 PM
Hhmmm... I think I must've gotten the Fort Max = 5kg thing from when I received Brave Maximus and the import sticker thing listed the package weight as 5kg, but of course adding the combined weight of the box, packaging etc. would add on. :o

I have seen other people say he is 5kg on other TF sites and Metroplex is 3kg. I got on my scales with and without Max, he is around 4kg by my estimate but my scales could be off. BBTS list his shipping weight as 6.6kg. So I'd say 5kg sounds reasonable.

Jetfire in the sky
30th July 2013, 04:24 PM
Best big bot since Unicron imho :)

Jetfire in the sky
30th July 2013, 04:26 PM
in singapore at the moment. metro is going for $150 sin

Bargain!!

Zippo
30th July 2013, 06:10 PM
And New Zealand is not receiving ... Hasbro asked, we said yes please but the stores said no

No wonder those who want stuff in New Zealand just import.

liegeprime
30th July 2013, 06:51 PM
WOW, And the old metroplex is currently on my FOC shelf, and barely fits... :(
where am I going to put this big guy.

the floor man, the floor. heheheh or he could be your teddy bear on the bead :D:D

Autocon
30th July 2013, 06:54 PM
So fort max and metroplex are different moulds?

In the canon, is fort max bigger than metroplex?

DELTAprime
30th July 2013, 07:19 PM
So fort max and metroplex are different moulds?

In the canon, is fort max bigger than metroplex?

We never see Metroplex and Fort Max together in the US G1 Cartoon. Don't know about Headmasters but they are both in that series, just don't know if they are seen together.

In the Marvel Comics Fort Max is the same size as Prime, Galvatron, Megatron, ect, Metroplex is a city. In IDW G1 Comics Fort Max is a large bot, but he is only about twice the size of your average bot, not even Gestalt size. Again Metroplex is a city.

UltraMarginal
30th July 2013, 10:59 PM
the floor man, the floor. heheheh or he could be your teddy bear on the bead :D:D
I think Mrs UltraMarginal might have something to say about that...:rolleyes:

sideswipes brother
31st July 2013, 06:45 AM
I really want this but i don't think my wife will allow me to fork out moolah for it.
I just like the look of it. Couldn't care less about it being the tallest or biggest.
And considering that i am a Gwunner and i want this, that is saying something.

Freya
31st July 2013, 09:08 AM
I really want this but i don't think my wife will allow me to fork out moolah for it.
I just like the look of it. Couldn't care less about it being the tallest or biggest.

I feel ya bro! same here! I've bought few TF toys that my wife didn't notice yet! I just look the look, but no space for him!

Jetfire in the sky
31st July 2013, 10:25 AM

Ditto, but this is something else :eek:

DELTAprime
31st July 2013, 11:15 AM

Non-WFC/FOC Generations are G1, you can collect with a clear conscience. I only collect G1 and Movie characters these days, since Classics/Universe 2.0/Generations is G1 I have plenty to collect.:D

GoktimusPrime
31st July 2013, 03:29 PM
Could you get away with slowly saving up for it and then getting it when the local version comes out here? (IIRC the AU RRP is going to be $200) I wouldn't expect a toy of this size and price to fly off shelves too quickly, so there's no need for a mad rush.

Non-WFC/FOC Generations are G1, you can collect with a clear conscience. I only collect G1 and Movie characters these days, since Classics/Universe 2.0/Generations is G1 I have plenty to collect.:D
He said Gwun (GeeWun), not G1. GeeWun (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Geewun) refers to a closed interest/adherence to early G1, and lack of interest in anything that was made after that period; typically anything post 1987 (when the US G1 cartoon ended; whereas in actuality G1 is everything Transformers from 1984-93). So he's commenting on the irony of him finding a 2013 Generations toy appealing despite being a self-confessed GeeWunner. :)

Jetfire in the sky
31st July 2013, 03:49 PM
Yep, series four of the toys was pretty much the end of good Western released G1. Yes, yes I'm sure there a number of good examples of top TF's post S4, but if it don't have a rub sticker it aint good :p;) jks

DELTAprime
31st July 2013, 04:17 PM
He said Gwun (GeeWun), not G1. GeeWun (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Geewun) refers to a closed interest/adherence to early G1, and lack of interest in anything that was made after that period; typically anything post 1987 (when the US G1 cartoon ended; whereas in actuality G1 is everything Transformers from 1984-93). So he's commenting on the irony of him finding a 2013 Generations toy appealing despite being a self-confessed GeeWunner. :)

I know that, it was a joke.:mad:

drifand
31st July 2013, 10:51 PM
I know that, it was a joke.:mad:

+1 I understood it.

rocman12
1st August 2013, 10:42 AM
Got charged for Metroplex this morning! So he's in my loot! Cant wait to get him! Only downside is that the dollar dropped to the lowest its been in 2.5 years today!:(

DELTAprime
1st August 2013, 11:19 AM
Only downside is that the dollar dropped to the lowest its been in 2.5 years today!:(
Ouch, I feel your pain. I'm wondering how much my remaining BBTS preorders are going to cost me. Dam you Aussie Dollar!

Golden Phoenix
1st August 2013, 12:45 PM
Got charged for Metroplex this morning! So he's in my loot! Cant wait to get him! Only downside is that the dollar dropped to the lowest its been in 2.5 years today!:(

Yeah I feel your pain. Added $60 to my shipping too!

My pile is getting big now.... Shipping alone is now $155. On the plus side, anything added from now on will add next to nothing for shipping, and there are still some S.H. Figurearts figures I'm waiting on.

GoktimusPrime
1st August 2013, 02:46 PM
According to:
+ Google AU$1 = US90c (US$155.90 = AU$173.82)
+ XE.com AU$1 = US$89.6c (US$155.90 = AU$173.96)
...so atm it looks to be about the $174 mark, which is still substantially below the slated $200 AU RRP, so I'm still happy with that. I'll be miffed if it hits or exceeds AU RRP though (cos then obviously it negates any real advantage of purchasing it online (other than paying an "impatience tax" for getting it a month earlier :rolleyes:)).

Amazon's still telling me "Not yet shipped." :rolleyes:

Sinnertwin
1st August 2013, 03:06 PM
According to:
+ Google AU$1 = US90c (US$155.90 = AU$173.82)
+ XE.com AU$1 = US$89.6c (US$155.90 = AU$173.96)
...so atm it looks to be about the $174 mark, which is still substantially below the slated $200 AU RRP, so I'm still happy with that. I'll be miffed if it hits or exceeds AU RRP though (cos then obviously it negates any real advantage of purchasing it online (other than paying an "impatience tax" for getting it a month earlier :rolleyes:)).

Amazon's still telling me "Not yet shipped." :rolleyes:

What's your providers rate? I never use XE when calculating purchase cost as the amount varies.
St.George has the AUD at 0.8565 while Paypal has it at 0.8639
So that $155.90 now looks like $180.45AUD if you payed with PayPal or through the bank-ad the foreign exchange conversion fee of a few dollars from some.
Throw in the $179 that target has it listed for & potential sales % off & there really isnt all that much of a reason to buy online right now.

drifand
1st August 2013, 03:34 PM
I use XE.com but as stated Paypal needs to earn money so you must add in extra to give and take.

GoktimusPrime
1st August 2013, 03:52 PM
I don't have Paypal, so I wouldn't know. :o I guess cos I so seldomly shop online I've never really thought about this -- but usually what I charged on my credit card in AUD isn't too far off online estimates. <shrugs>

St.George has the AUD at 0.8565 while Paypal has it at 0.8639
So that $155.90 now looks like $180.45AUD if you payed with PayPal or through the bank-ad the foreign exchange conversion fee of a few dollars from some.
Throw in the $179 that target has it listed for & potential sales % off & there really isnt all that much of a reason to buy online right now.
Even if it works out to be $180 -- okay, not as great as I'd initially hoped, but still acceptable because then at least it's on par with that sale price, and you have the advantage of having the toy a bit earlier without extra cost. If the toy exceeds the $200 RRP then I'll be less than enthused.

To me, I feel like I've paid too much for my TakTOM MP Soundwave because including the cassettes, even at preordered price I paid nearly $200 all told, whereas the local Hasbro version will cost $150. So I paid a $50 "impatience tax" just to own this toy a few months earlier, which really isn't worth it. But of course, I did it because I preordered the TakTOM version before news of the Hasbro version came out; had I known I would've waited. :o

I've preordered Generations Metroplex because the price incl. shipping looked to be cheaper than RRP here. So long as it doesn't exceed that RRP I'll be satisfied. The one time I got seriously burned by a falling Aussie Dollar was when I got Encore Metroplex and eHobby GADEP (Guardian Robot) -- those toys came out around the time of the 2008 Global Financial Crisis which saw the AUD massively plummet, meaning that I ended up paying about DOUBLE the expected price for those toys purely due to loss of currency value through the exchange rate! :eek: :( Maybe the AUD just gets wobbly legs whenever a Metroplex is released! :p :rolleyes:

DELTAprime
1st August 2013, 04:51 PM
Yeah if you use a credit card or debit card the doesn't have a high international transaction fee the exchange rate is around 90c for every AUD. Paypal exchange rate is always worse. You really want to use merchants like Amazon and ebay seller that charging in AUD as much as possible.

UltraMarginal
1st August 2013, 04:59 PM
Yeah if you use a credit card or debit card the doesn't have a high international transaction fee the exchange rate is around 90c for every AUD. Paypal exchange rate is always worse. You really want to use merchants like Amazon and ebay seller that charging in AUD as much as possible.

keeping in mind that they also take a few cents off the exchange rate.

rocman12
1st August 2013, 05:05 PM
I don't have Paypal, so I wouldn't know. :o I guess cos I so seldomly shop online I've never really thought about this -- but usually what I charged on my credit card in AUD isn't too far off online estimates. <shrugs>

I've preordered Generations Metroplex because the price incl. shipping looked to be cheaper than RRP here. So long as it doesn't exceed that RRP I'll be satisfied. The one time I got seriously burned by a falling Aussie Dollar was when I got Encore Metroplex and eHobby GADEP (Guardian Robot) -- those toys came out around the time of the 2008 Global Financial Crisis which saw the AUD massively plummet, meaning that I ended up paying about DOUBLE the expected price for those toys purely due to loss of currency value through the exchange rate! :eek: :( Maybe the AUD just gets wobbly legs whenever a Metroplex is released! :p :rolleyes:

I just checked my credit card statement (love the live updates, main reason for me changes banks) and i got charged $173.54 for him, so i'm happy with that!

I don't buy encore re-issues, i find that when they are announced or released i end up getting the originals in c9 condition and complete for a really good price! well i did for Metroplex, Omega Supreme and Sky Lynx, so i have doubles of them and i get to display bot and base mode. I didn't buy Fort max as i have all three variants of him, plus coudn't justify the money just for a sword.

If metroplex does get released here and is on speacial for a decent price, i might buy and store him MISB for 20 years, hopefully he'll be the 'fort max' of that era.

DELTAprime
1st August 2013, 05:10 PM
If metroplex does get released here and is on speacial for a decent price, i might buy and store him MISB for 20 years, hopefully he'll be the 'fort max' of that era.

Hmmmm, that's an interesting idea. I wonder, will he be worth thousands MISB 20+ years from now.

GoktimusPrime
1st August 2013, 07:54 PM
I don't buy encore re-issues, i find that when they are announced or released i end up getting the originals in c9 condition and complete for a really good price! well i did for Metroplex, Omega Supreme and Sky Lynx, so i have doubles of them and i get to display bot and base mode. I didn't buy Fort max as i have all three variants of him, plus coudn't justify the money just for a sword.
I usually display the reissues in robot mode and the G1s in alt mode. :) But I don't get all the reissues - usually if my G1 toy is in good/complete enough condition I'll skip the reissue. But most of my G1s are toys from my childhood, so they've been thoroughly worn and I like to get reissues to "retire" my G1s from active play (and they just become display pieces while the reissue becomes the new play toy :D). As for Metroplex, my G1 Metroplex is in reasonably good condition structurally but had some cosmetic wear. Also I don't have the missiles or Scamper's gun -- pieces which would be really hard to find on their own on the secondary market and are likely to go for some ridiculous price even if I could find them. I figured it was probably just easier and ultimately better value just to get reissue Metroplex -- also the chrome thighs and rubber tyres was another bonus as my G1 has the "stickered" chrome thighs (which are worn) and plastic tyres. Now of course, Encore Metroplex's RRP was 7000JPY which is about $80 -- so I thought I might as well get the reissue for that price. I had no idea that the Aussie Dollar would drop like a brick shiphouse at the time and significantly increasing the cost of the toy for me. :(

But honestly that was the only time that I really lost out on preordering (and it was just lousy luck due to factors beyond my control <shakes.fist.at.Lehmanns.Bros>). When I think about how much money I've saved from preordering a lot of other stuff, especially my entire eHobby collection, in the end I've saved more money than I've lost. :)

Hmmmm, that's an interesting idea. I wonder, will he be worth thousands MISB 20+ years from now.
That's really hard to predict. My advice is to stick to buying toys because you genuinely want that toy. Most toys don't appreciate all that well, and if they do they would appreciate quite slowly -- if you want to invest your money you're better off making wise investments in the stock market and real estate. :o

Sinnertwin
1st August 2013, 08:04 PM

Toy investments do work (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2377645/Family-goes-bankrupt-blowing-100-000-savings-Beanie-Babies-thought-valuable.html) :p

GoktimusPrime
1st August 2013, 08:18 PM
!!!ROFL!!! Oh man, I remember when Beanie Babies came out people were obsessed with collecting them as investments! Everyone was predicting how these toys would go up in value, especially if you never rip the tags off! Har! I guess the bubble must've burst!

I think my daughter might have a Beanie Baby somewhere with the tag still attached (I intentionally decided not to remove it). Might as well rip that tag off now. :p Hahaha, that's gold. :D

drifand
2nd August 2013, 12:18 PM
You can't say the same for my Tetsujin 28, I like to see you get one at default price where it has gone up over 500%.

Like anything, it depends whether the company is willing to remake them.
One that might fall is the Gundam metal built 00 seven sword. At where I first saw it was cheap as $280, now is a decent $400. But yes Bandai does reissues but not on everything especially 70s-80s toys.

In the end though, is supply and demand. I am more of a collector for the toy not for investment. Others may like to keep in MIB but never known if there were missing parts or something is broken because it was never opened.

GoktimusPrime
2nd August 2013, 01:49 PM
You can't say the same for my Tetsujin 28, I like to see you get one at default price where it has gone up over 500%.
If I want a toy, I'll buy it when it comes out at RRP or less. I'm not a fan of paying inflated aftermarket prices. If I were a collector of Tetsujin 28 I'd absolutely get that toy at the default price or not at all.

drifand
2nd August 2013, 03:03 PM
If I want a toy, I'll buy it when it comes out at RRP or less. I'm not a fan of paying inflated aftermarket prices. If I were a collector of Tetsujin 28 I'd absolutely get that toy at the default price or not at all.

There are things that cannot be rewind. In my case I wanted Gundam Seven Sword metal built and was saving for it at RRP. By the time I had funds it went above by $80, next thing it went to $150 and more. Yes I can live without. however we are limited by what we can get at the present time.

Being said, Tetsujin 28 DX when I first know this toy I am already a grown up and not a kid. I believe some of us tried to get our dad or mum to buy a $20 toy was already a mission on its own. Saying that this boy was probably at $89+ during that age. And trust me $89 at that time is probably worth $250+ in present. I only managed to obtained this because of a Japanese teacher I knew and email was JUST NEW. So in simple fact your theory cannot even be applied because the Toy was never released again. A MIB of tetsujin 28 easily goes over 2K. I obtained it non MIB at $400 and it was for me a one off at that time.

Also Transformers are okay to miss out for popular characters as Takara reissues them after some time? I don't think anybody is a FAN of buying above RRP however there are toys that do not longer exist and your high price offer will not cut it, in simple terms sentimental value for your own, but not just your own, but about maybe a significant amount of collectors that appreciates the Toy and wants one and cannot obtain one.

I have a number of Takatoku Orguss toys, Takatoku have been long gone but they made quality toys during that time. Now to apply your theory of paying RRP which was $19.90 for a scale1/40 Gerwalk Nickkick and Orguss Orgroid at that time is fine though, but I seriously doubt you can make the exact toy and sell at this price with the same amount of material used.
Being said I didn't ever saw a 1/40 Olsen Special nor a standard Nickick during my time, not until ebay was created. You can even travel to Japan now and you will not find these toys even at premium price.

In simple terms, by going with your style of application to toy collecting, you are limiting yourself to what you have at RRP on shelves. On the other hand, I could pay $50 more for something harder to get and appreciate the toy and appreciate it even more when you can't buy it with money.

Lastly, this is Australia, NOT Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong or Japan. Tell me is easy to get anime toy mecha from Target, BigW or Kmart and even TRU. I remembered I have to buy MG Gundam kits from Singapore and bring it over myself till Perth had hobby shops started to bring in and trust me, they are not at RRP prices.

In the whole scheme of things I am not even someone who look at my Tetsujin 28 and see a big price tag, it was the detailed internal mechanics that I couldn't believe that toys made during that time are so much better than what some Samurai power ranger is made today.

Also a big factor today is Toys that are made for collecting as opposed to Good quality toys that were well made and became a collector's item. For example YOTS Omega Supreme < a toy made for collecting

GoktimusPrime
2nd August 2013, 05:06 PM
In simple terms, by going with your style of application to toy collecting, you are limiting yourself to what you have at RRP on shelves. On the other hand, I could pay $50 more for something harder to get and appreciate the toy and appreciate it even more when you can't buy it with money.
Sure, but I probably have more limited needs/wants than other collectors. For the most part, my collecting style hasn't changed much since I started collecting Transformers in 1984 -- if I want a toy, I go to the shops and buy it.

Pre-Transformers don't interest me in the slightest because I never saw them in stores when I was growing up... and since I didn't grow up with it, they hold no sentimental nostalgic value for me. That's also why I don't collect Japanese G1. I lived in Japan during the time of Beast Wars, so G1 was long gone by then (most of my early BW toys are Japanese versions simply because that was what was available in local stores for me). Most of my Japanese G1 toys now are reissues. ;)

Lastly, this is Australia, NOT Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong or Japan. Tell me is easy to get anime toy mecha from Target, BigW or Kmart and even TRU. I remembered I have to buy MG Gundam kits from Singapore and bring it over myself till Perth had hobby shops started to bring in and trust me, they are not at RRP prices.
If I want a Japanese exclusive toy, then I'll get it from a Japanese based online store like HLJ.com or Amiami or Amazon Japan. These places give discounts for preordering too. I personally have contacts in Japan who sometimes help me get stuff I can't find in online stores. :) But the bulk of what I buy are Hasbro Transformers that are sold in Australian stores; I only get Japanese TFs if the toy isn't available here (e.g. TF Prime Jet Vehicon) or if I find the Japanese version to be significantly preferable to the Hasbro version (e.g. Henkei Sunstreaker over Universe Sunstreaker). Japanese TFs still comprise a minority of my collection which is predominantly Hasbro toys bought in Australia.

In the whole scheme of things I am not even someone who look at my Tetsujin 28 and see a big price tag, it was the detailed internal mechanics that I couldn't believe that toys made during that time are so much better than what some Samurai power ranger is made today.
Okay, but I personally don't view any toy - no matter how well it's made - as being intrinsically worth more than its original retail price. If anything, it's probably worth less than its RRP because Australian RRPs are inflated, but I accept paying Australian RRP for toys because I really don't like online shopping (I greatly prefer shopping in brick and mortar stores). When you're paying inflated aftermarket prices for non-current toys, what you're paying more for is the scarcity of the toy rather than for the basic value of the toy itself.

Let's look at eHobby Astrotrain for example. A cursory look at eBay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Takara-E-Hobby-Transformers-Collectors-Edition-Purple-Astrotrain-Boxed-Unused-/380679707970?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item58a2475d42) shows this toy selling for US$400! :eek: I preordered this toy before it came out and paid 3000JPY (about AU$35) for it. So the basic value of this toy is $35. When you pay $400 for this toy you are paying and additional $365 for its scarcity. But then some might argue that I'm paying too much for toys too by paying Australian RRPs. A lot of people prefer to shop online because even with postage it still works out cheaper (or at least on par, but they get the toy sooner). For example the US RRP for a Deluxe Class Transformer is US$13 (AU$15). When I buy the toy from say Kmart for $25 I'm paying an additional $10 just for the social experience of physical store shopping - which I do enjoy, so I've been willing to pay for it. But others might find it tedious and just skip to ordering it online, especially with the high Aussie Dollar making importing toys even cheaper.

I like paying for toys. I don't like paying for scarcity. As a result, I always try to buy my toys when they are NOT scarce. Now this is all my personal set of values which suits my personal circumstances. I'm predominantly a collector of current toys, not a collector of old toys. If I were a collector of old toys, then sure, that would alter my perception. But I'm not. :) You may see it as limiting, but it's allowed me to build a collection of 1720 Transformers, almost all purchased at RRP or less. And I'm not saying that everyone needs to subscribe to my personal value set either... like I said, my collecting habits suit me just fine. If your differing set of values better suit your different needs, then that's fine too. It's your money man... if you wanna pay 500% above the original price of a toy, then go for it. But I'll stick to paying 100% or less if it's all the same to you. :cool:

drifand
2nd August 2013, 06:36 PM
You would have looked at things differently if Takara refused to reissue toys.
Also there is a difference in quality when is made in Japan and made in China.

Like said, Nobody here wants to buy above RRP. But like a few of us here in the forum who will not risk missing out like MP Soundwave would have jumped on it if it was just $30 more for a confirmed purchase.

I am never a fan of beast wars transformers so I have total no regards for them. In fact, I have no regards for most Transformers toys if they don't interest me at all. The Masterpieces are imo a different category where engineering had improved.

Also if Bandai were to reissue the T-28 DX today you think it only goes for $89? for a tall giant? Doesn't make sense, and Bandai will close down if they do that. I would expect an easy price tag at $300. Guess what? People will snap it up even myself.

Again is all about supply and demand, its not as simple as I only buy at RRP, as it doesn't work that way for every toy. HLJ and amiami could release the toy for order within one day and sold out if you missed it. Anything is possible.
In fact, friend of mine mailed me a Gundam FIX toy reissue and is preorder starts that day at Amiami, and I logged in to find it at sold out status. I was only lucky to place an order at HLJ. and Like it or not RRP is not the same RRP as amiami which was cheaper.

By all means I am not encouraging to buy toys at 500% nor even 10% increase. Its how demanding and scare the toy is that causes the price rise. An reissue would means the toy price would drop.

Is simple logic, not just for toys, when you buy land for 75K 10 years ago in Australia for 500ms you think I can buy 1 now at the same price at the same location? My point exactly. You are limited to what you can buy at RRP. Even if you buy a house now, someone can bid to pay higher than you and get it while you miss out and look for another house within the same means.

Saying this, maybe one day you decide to sell your collection. You found out Takara is no longer reissue the masterpieces. Would you honestly sell MP 13 at RRP to us or at a profit? also finding out that everywhere else is at lets say 40% higher? Again cause and effect, supply and demand.

Also I understand your style of collecting current toys at RRP. Yes the important thing is NOT to miss out. I do not disagree with this. It will be very interesting if MP13 was entirely sold out and Hasbro now tell you guys "Sorry folks the order we put in will not come in we apologise blah blah blah......". I think you either look for alternatives but whether you be willing to pay 10% more you will be wondering about your beliefs that you may or may not choose to break.

It is easier I admit for your current Hasbro toys, but not for Japanese imports that do not even make their way to Australia. HLJ and a lot of sites do not hold certain toys that you wouldn't even know they exist unless you are in Japan. And for that fact we all know MP1 and 4 for Japanese imports the optimus prime looks correct with the correct long smoke pipe.

Remember What is current now may not be current in one month. So what is RRP to you now is not RRP in the following month. Everything follows in supply and demand quite simple really not rocket science, I believe everyone here knows it.

Being said MP13 is one character that even casual collectors wants. Demand = more, thus the current prices. If you can grab one at TRU at RRP of course I would. But my question is, what if you couldn't? Will $30 more kill your dream of a toy that you want?

griffin
2nd August 2013, 10:12 PM
Discussion of personal perspectives of toy values isn't resolvable, so should be avoided... it is like why people collect toys
- some do it for fun, some do it for investment
- some keep them sealed, and some open them
- some are prepared to pay any dollar amount, and some are only willing to pay Retail or less.

Reasons for each are personal and can be mentioned to enlighten others, but people shouldn't try to convince others to change that behaviour, nor should people keep mentioning their preferences over and over again, as it can lead to others feeling like they are doing something wrong by not following that preference.

BigTransformerTrev
3rd August 2013, 08:38 PM
Back to Metroplex. My pre-order from BBTS came in. With the size of my POL his postage came to an extra $48. So About $158US all up - sucks a bit because of the exchange rate but he is now being shipped and I don't have to worry about the fact he will most likely never surface in my backwater bush burg :)

Sinnertwin
3rd August 2013, 09:06 PM
Back to Metroplex. My pre-order from BBTS came in. With the size of my POL his postage came to an extra $48. So About $158US all up - sucks a bit because of the exchange rate but he is now being shipped and I don't have to worry about the fact he will most likely never surface in my backwater bush burg :)

$5 above Target's RRP and the drive time you'll be saving, sounds like a real good deal to me. ;)

kup
3rd August 2013, 09:53 PM
I noticed when I first saw this piece on Kotaku that they say tallest. That's good from my point of view, I disagree with Hasbro calling Metroplex the biggest when Max clearly has more bulk than Metroplex. I'm not saying Metroplex ain't big, I just think Max has more bulk.

Metroplex is also much lankier than it should be which leads me to believe that he has been artificially 'stretched' for the 'biggest evah!' gimmick.

Sky Shadow
3rd August 2013, 11:35 PM
I can't believe the guns don't combine into Six-Gun and the toy doesn't include Slammer.

Ae-Evolution
3rd August 2013, 11:55 PM
Amazon states 'Discontinued by manufacturer: Yes'. Is this true? I was putting it off on Amazon until the dollar was up.

Jetfire in the sky
4th August 2013, 07:56 AM
$5 above Target's RRP and the drive time you'll be saving, sounds like a real good deal to me. ;)

Just to make sure, is that Aus Target or US? I think BTT get a pretty good price including to the door postage.

Sinnertwin
4th August 2013, 08:02 AM
Just to make sure, is that Aus Target or US? I think BTT get a pretty good price including to the door postage.

Target Australia, Jetfire. We have him listed in our systems for $179.
Absolutely, considering the locale, BTT got a great deal :)

ILikeSoundwave
4th August 2013, 08:39 AM
Any word on Big W's price?

Sinnertwin
4th August 2013, 08:45 AM
Any word on Big W's price?

Nothing yet, bud. Last time i checked was on Thursday, i'll check again next week

BigTransformerTrev
4th August 2013, 11:10 AM

Heh - thanks guys! I'm showing these comments to my wife to justify this latest TF splurge :D;)

GoktimusPrime
4th August 2013, 12:12 PM
Amazon states 'Discontinued by manufacturer: Yes'. Is this true? I was putting it off on Amazon until the dollar was up.
So just wait for the local release, dude. :)

Jetfire in the sky
5th August 2013, 08:12 PM

As Miko would say Sirweet!!! :)

Necare
10th August 2013, 11:01 PM
My Metroplex has shipped. $105USD including shipping from Amazon! Very excited! With all my figures still in the states this will be the first for the collection here! My BBTS POL is filling up as well, but still waiting on a few items.

lancalot
12th August 2013, 07:28 PM
My Metroplex has shipped. $105USD including shipping from Amazon! Very excited! With all my figures still in the states this will be the first for the collection here! My BBTS POL is filling up as well, but still waiting on a few items.

Wow how you get your so cheap!? include shipping as well?

drifand
13th August 2013, 11:31 AM
Wow how you get your so cheap!? include shipping as well?

I wonder he meant shipping to US place he stores and not to Australia, kind of difficult to see how he manage to get it shipped here at that price, I would start selling here and make a big profit without being called a scalper.

ILikeSoundwave
13th August 2013, 01:44 PM
So how much did it cost with shipping and everything from Amazon to get Metroplex shipped here?

reillyd
13th August 2013, 02:44 PM
So how much did it cost with shipping and everything from Amazon to get Metroplex shipped here?

Mine was $165 including shipping. But he took far longer to ship and was on backorder - even though he was still showing as "in stock".
I think they're eating into whatever meagre profit they get for the toy with the subsidised shipping ($124.99 reg, so about forty bucks). But I buy a lot of books and DVD's from them, so I'm sure they'll get their money back somehow ;)

lancalot
13th August 2013, 04:45 PM
Mine was $165 including shipping. But he took far longer to ship and was on backorder - even though he was still showing as "in stock".
I think they're eating into whatever meagre profit they get for the toy with the subsidised shipping ($124.99 reg, so about forty bucks). But I buy a lot of books and DVD's from them, so I'm sure they'll get their money back somehow ;)
When they announced the delay i email them asking why , then i got a response say sorry and that it just came in and they expressed ship it to me with no extra charge ...and it came today... :)

reillyd
13th August 2013, 10:32 PM
When they announced the delay i email them asking why , then i got a response say sorry and that it just came in and they expressed ship it to me with no extra charge ...and it came today... :)

So jealous Lanalot! I must wait.....

nexusnixx
14th August 2013, 02:29 PM
Yes!!!!! My sdcc metroplex just arrived!

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l568/nexusnixx/Metroplex-2.jpg (http://s1124.photobucket.com/user/nexusnixx/media/Metroplex-2.jpg.html)

SofaMan
17th August 2013, 05:46 PM
Got mine this week too. He's very cool, though of course the exchange rate collapsed by about 10% between the time I preordered and the time I was charged. The US$165 worked out to about AU$190, which is comparable to what will be the local price. Still, I got him a bit earlier than the local supply, so I don't mind paying a bit of a premium there.

It really is a bloody enormous toy. It took me two days on and off to finish doing all the stickers! :)

GoktimusPrime
17th August 2013, 08:22 PM
It really is a bloody enormous toy. It took me two days on and off to finish doing all the stickers! :)
Dude! That's even more insane than Fortress Maximus! (took me about 1~1.5h to put all the stickers on him)

SofaMan
18th August 2013, 12:15 PM
Dude! That's even more insane than Fortress Maximus! (took me about 1~1.5h to put all the stickers on him)

All told I probably spent a couple of hours on the stickers, over those two days - the hardest part was wrangling this toy the size of a small child into a stable position so I could place the stickers correctly.

griffin
18th August 2013, 04:20 PM
Imagine doing it twice... or more, if you get multiple versions. :p

Necare
20th August 2013, 10:21 PM
I wonder he meant shipping to US place he stores and not to Australia, kind of difficult to see how he manage to get it shipped here at that price, I would start selling here and make a big profit without being called a scalper.

He arrived! This toy is bigger than my son! Wow! $105 shipped! It was $155 from Amazon shipped, but I took the offer to apply and purchase with an Amazon CC for this purchase which was an instant $50 credit. So purchased and shipped to Sydney for $105 USD. Not bad.

I havent even begun to place the stickers on this massive machine!

Everyone enjoying theirs!

I have the encore Fort Max on my POL, but most likely wont be shipping that till October when the TW figure is due in.

Cannot wait to compare. Now only if there was a decepticon with this titan class. The G1 Skorponok just doesnt cut it!

GoktimusPrime
21st August 2013, 08:40 AM
All told I probably spent a couple of hours on the stickers, over those two days - the hardest part was wrangling this toy the size of a small child into a stable position so I could place the stickers correctly.
It took me over 2.5 hours (probably a tad under 3h) to get all the stickers on!! :eek: Things that were frustrating were:
+ Sheer number of stickers, some of which were tiny and I needed to use the edge of a box cutter to help apply.
+ The black stickers that go on the right shoulder are hard to wedge in, especially the long one where one end has to dip into that TINY space -- I find that the sticker gets scratched when the head moves. I've had that sticker pop out when moving the head and I've had to use my cutter blade to wedge it back in. If push comes to shove, I'm gonna cut the end of that off.
+ The sticker instructions are just craphouse.
+ As you said, it was hard getting the stickers into certain positions. A few of mine are crooked. :p

Imagine doing it twice... or more, if you get multiple versions. :p
Oh gawd... after I'd finished applying all the stickers I installed a pair of batteries and the sound gimmick initially didn't work. I tried another pair and it still wouldn't work. At first I freaked out not so much about the trouble of exchanging this toy, but having to redo all the stickers again! :eek: Honestly... I'd just live with a busted electronic gimmick than spend another 2.5~3h of my life reapplying all those stickers!! :eek:

Jetfire in the sky
21st August 2013, 10:26 AM
Now only if there was a decepticon with this titan class. The G1 Skorponok just doesnt cut it!

Very true, nemesis Metroplex perhaps :p Titan Trypticon would be Metro's direct opponent though. Imagine that !!:eek:

BigTransformerTrev
21st August 2013, 10:38 AM
Got my Metroplex 2 days ago - haven't opened it yet due to the massive POL I got but I can hear something rattling loose in the box - pleeeaassse let nothing be broken in there! It would cost a fortune to ship back! :eek:

Will have to open him up tonight and have a gander

Paulbot
21st August 2013, 10:43 AM
Got my Metroplex 2 days ago - haven't opened it yet due to the massive POL I got but I can hear something rattling loose in the box - pleeeaassse let nothing be broken in there! It would cost a fortune to ship back! :eek:

Will have to open him up tonight and have a gander

I had the same thing. I carried it home inside the Amazon box worrying why there was a rattling, but when I opened it everything was still in the twist ties, so I'm not sure exactly what was causing it.

BigTransformerTrev
21st August 2013, 11:10 AM
I had the same thing. I carried it home inside the Amazon box worrying why there was a rattling, but when I opened it everything was still in the twist ties, so I'm not sure exactly what was causing it.

Ah, anxiety level decreasing, need to kill fading - cheers Paulbot :), hopefully it turns out the same for me when I get home. He was packaged pretty safely and securely so you wouldn't think something would break in transit

GoktimusPrime
21st August 2013, 01:49 PM
Instead of having one massive plastic tray, Hasbro's made a series of smaller plastic 'holders' that parts of Metroplex is twist-tied through to hold the toy in place. These individual holders with the twist ties is what's rattling inside, not the actual toy itself.

BigTransformerTrev
21st August 2013, 02:46 PM
Instead of having one massive plastic tray, Hasbro's made a series of smaller plastic 'holders' that parts of Metroplex is twist-tied through to hold the toy in place. These individual holders with the twist ties is what's rattling inside, not the actual toy itself.

It's more than when I tip the box up, I can hear something making its way from one part of the box to the other. It's more of a roll and a clatter than a rattle.

Ah well, will find out in a few hours anyways ;)

Edit: Aha! T'was the missle from Metro's bigass gun!

Cat
22nd August 2013, 10:29 PM
The missile was loose inside the box for me.

I'd guess that's what it is.

GoktimusPrime
22nd August 2013, 10:34 PM
I wonder if someone at the factory made a conscious decision not to secure the missile and let it rattle just to freak out sealed collectors. ;) :D

Sinnertwin
28th August 2013, 09:49 AM
Rang again this morning & still no word of a price from Big W. Interesting that they haven't got it listed in their systems yet. So far we've got 3 prices: TRU & Myer $199 Target $179

UltraMarginal
28th August 2013, 11:21 AM
Rang again this morning & still no word of a price from Big W. Interesting that they haven't got it listed in their systems yet. So far we've got 3 prices: TRU & Myer $199 Target $179

The expected release date was November wasn't it?

Sinnertwin
28th August 2013, 11:25 AM
The expected release date was November wasn't it?

September. MP's are November :)

DELTAprime
28th August 2013, 11:28 AM

I haven't seen anything for a long time pointing to Big W getting Metroplex. I'm wondering if Big W has backed out and is not taking it now. Wouldn't be the first time Hasbro has had stores refusing to take product.

UltraMarginal
28th August 2013, 11:46 AM
September. MP's are November :)

cheers,
now to remember that for more than a week:rolleyes:

Sinnertwin
28th August 2013, 08:10 PM
I haven't seen anything for a long time pointing to Big W getting Metroplex. I'm wondering if Big W has backed out and is not taking it now. Wouldn't be the first time Hasbro has had stores refusing to take product.

Perhaps. They could have pushed the date back on it also, a potential big ticket Christmas item perhaps? I'm only speculating, i'll give them another call next week and check again.

Jetfire in the sky
28th August 2013, 08:11 PM
cheers,
now to remember that for more than a week:rolleyes:

:D:D:D

GoktimusPrime
28th August 2013, 08:24 PM
TRU said reckons they'll have it late Sep possibly early Oct.

griffin
14th September 2013, 04:10 AM
Comparison of the JP version to the Hasbro version (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/japanese-transformers-40/metroplex-tg-23-comparison-photo-178411/).

It is most noticeably different in the two alt modes, with all the black being replaced by white.

The JP version comes out later this month.

Hursticon
14th September 2013, 11:33 AM
Comparison of the JP version to the Hasbro version (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/japanese-transformers-40/metroplex-tg-23-comparison-photo-178411/).

It is most noticeably different in the two alt modes, with all the black being replaced by white.

Looking at the pair, they both seem to be what's presented immediately "out-of-the-box" - Which may suggest that Takara's version is far less dependent on stickers than compared to that of Hasbro's...

We'll see when my Takara iteration arrives early next month. :D

GoktimusPrime
14th September 2013, 02:19 PM
I think both versions have their different strengths. Overall I prefer the Hasbro version as it has more blacks to break up all that white (especially on the helipad). But the TakTOM version has better highlights/definitions (and aren't as sticker-reliant). TakTOM Metroplex's box looks bigger too; so I suspect that Metroplex will actually come fully assembled as opposed to Hasbro Metroplex who comes packaged as an amputee. :p The colours on TakTOM Metroplex's guns are superior, hands down. I still can't believe Hasbro put an orange barrel tip on Metroplex's gun... that's just plain stupid.

It'll be interesting to see if TakTOM Metroplex's voice will be in English or Japanese. :) I reckon it'll be in English as the FoC game in Japan is in English w/ Japanese subtitles.

UltraMarginal
16th September 2013, 09:57 AM
It'll be interesting to see if TakTOM Metroplex's voice will be in English or Japanese. :) I reckon it'll be in English as the FoC game in Japan is in English w/ Japanese subtitles.

That's a very interesting thought, if it turns out that's the case I might be swayed to get the Takara version after all.

drifand
16th September 2013, 10:25 AM
I get anyone which is cheaper, still leaning on Hasbro version.

Zippo
16th September 2013, 08:05 PM
Aside from the helipad, the Japanese one is my clear choice for robot mode, however if I was displaying in either battle or city mode then Hasbro all the way (white legs are not that nice)

Omega Metro
16th September 2013, 08:26 PM

So does the Takara version have a white runway/deck?

Hursticon
16th September 2013, 08:31 PM
So does the Takara version have a white runway/deck?

Yep. :)

Sinnertwin
16th September 2013, 09:32 PM
I prefer the Hasbro version. Black landing strip breaks it up & you'll still have some money in your pocket.

AJ_Prime
16th September 2013, 11:07 PM
You guys got me excited! I thought Metroplex had heeded the call of the last Prime and made an appearance in stores!

But yeah, I agree with Sinnertwin, the darker legs breaks up the white. Maybe some additional, personalised paint apps might also be on the cards to bring out some of the detail in the mold and to break up that white even further!

Omega Metro
16th September 2013, 11:46 PM
Yep. :)

I thought it did. Which looks crap IMO. Prefer the black runway. I'm glad I have the HK ACG-Con version as thats got all the Takara chrome and 2xguns etc but it has the black runway like the Hasbro version.

GoktimusPrime
17th September 2013, 09:03 AM
I also agree that the blacks look much better and the standard all white TakTOM version looks too bland. But I can understand the reasoning behind it as it does make that version of Metroplex look more similar to G1 Metroplex; although G1 Metroplex wasn't entirely "pearly" white and did have some greyish off-white parts to break up the bright whites. But still, colourwise Hasbro's Gen. Metroplex has done well in using blacks to break up all that white. Also Gen. Metroplex's leg platforms really do feel more like runways/roads, not just in colour but also the way it's sculpted. So IMO the blacks suit it much better. :)

UltraMarginal
17th September 2013, 10:18 AM
If I could take the second gun and hips and thighs from the takara version and have it on the hasbro version I'd be a happy camper.

drifand
17th September 2013, 05:59 PM
possibly a chance you see a KO gun on sale on ebay down the road.
All you need to do is paint the chrome face with not so chrome silver.

Hursticon
18th September 2013, 05:06 PM
Seeing as though in all likelihood I'm rarely, if ever, going to display my TakTom iteration in either of his Alt modes the issue of "excess white" in their case is null to me, because he will be in Bot mode semi-permanently and in-that he trumps the Hasbro version hands-down as far more is done to break up the monotony of blandness. :cool:

Interestingly enough, the pics we've be referring to aren't even inclusive of the stickers that the TakTom version will be coming with - Thanks to TFW2005 (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/japanese-transformers-40/takaratomy-generations-metroplex-with-stickers-applied-178439/) however, we can now see what that's to be like:

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/TakaraTomy-TG23-Metroplex-With-Stic_zpsb4a75f01.jpg http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/TakaraTomy-TG23-Metroplex-With-Stic_zpsc3eada3d.jpg http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/TakaraTomy-TG23-Metroplex-With-Stic_zps61208d2f.jpg

drifand
18th September 2013, 06:10 PM
I am getting bored waiting, this blows getting this so late.

GoktimusPrime
18th September 2013, 08:58 PM
Aaah, the silver stickers really do accentuate those white runways well. It also makes it look a lot more like G1 Metroplex, which is clearly TakaraTOMY's intention with the additional whiteness on their version. :)

Sinnertwin
18th September 2013, 09:00 PM
The stickers add a little more, but not much.

Trent
18th September 2013, 11:09 PM
As per the NSW sightings thread (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?p=375127#post375127), this guys been spotted in Lithgow Target for $119. Regular price $150

Omega Metro
19th September 2013, 12:57 AM
As per the NSW sightings thread (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?p=375127#post375127), this guys been spotted in Lithgow Target for $119. Regular price $150

Hmmmm, at that price, I might just grab a poverty pack Metroplex and keep my ACG-con one sealed in its pretty box.:)

drifand
19th September 2013, 12:10 PM
I went to Target yesterday and saw nothing for WA Bull creek Target.
Mind you I did suspected it to be too big to be on the shelves so I went around even to the bigger play sets area just to check.

Guess is time to keep my eyes opened.

primetime
19th September 2013, 12:35 PM
LOL @ "poverty-pack" Metroplex! :)

Sinnertwin
19th September 2013, 01:34 PM
It appears that there has been a price reduction. Retail price at Target is now $149 (originally listed as $179) & the keycode you'll need when doing a stock search is 53591869.

aduthie1980
20th September 2013, 09:38 AM
Target Somerville and Waverley Gardens now have in stock. Out the back so you'll need to ask.

Skript
20th September 2013, 09:51 AM
ack, WG is just around the corner from work.. fine time to be broke... =(

Bombcat
20th September 2013, 02:20 PM
For those in act, there is one left in civic today lunch time. You need to ask the staff to check , it's at the back.

abc123
20th September 2013, 06:21 PM
Just went in store and the transformer metroplex is not yet in stock at Target Waverley Gardens.

aduthie1980
20th September 2013, 08:32 PM
They have them out the back you have to ask and quote product number. I was told this at 9 o'clock this morning. Haven't personally seen the stock though. 😞

Sinnertwin
21st September 2013, 11:59 AM
Still not listed in Big W's systems. Interesting.

drifand
21st September 2013, 12:09 PM
Still not listed in Big W's systems. Interesting.

What about TRU and other stores? Kind of let down if BigW didn't get it.

Omega Metro
21st September 2013, 12:28 PM
Has BigW ever had any of the Generations deluxe, voyager? I don't recall seeing them there so would doubt they would be getting Metroplex.

drifand
21st September 2013, 12:30 PM
Has BigW ever had any of the Generations deluxe, voyager? I don't recall seeing them there so would doubt they would be getting Metroplex.

That wasn't what Hasbro Australia said though. So it would be weird.

lancalot
21st September 2013, 01:54 PM
just saw this article..... i wonder if the costco here is going to get it in and at that price?? $75

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/generations-titan-metroplex-coming-soon-to-a-costco-near-you-for-7999/28391

drifand
21st September 2013, 02:29 PM
just saw this article..... i wonder if the costco here is going to get it in and at that price?? $75

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/generations-titan-metroplex-coming-soon-to-a-costco-near-you-for-7999/28391

lol That would easily buy two and you have the two guns and you can display in two modes.

Sinnertwin
22nd September 2013, 10:25 AM
Metroplex at Costco? Anybody here a member? :D :D
I'm interested to see if they'll be carrying him in our stores, even though Hasbro have indicated that they won't be. $80US ~ $85AU. Not bad.

jazzcomp
22nd September 2013, 12:07 PM
another reason to wait :)

drifand
22nd September 2013, 12:12 PM
another reason to wait :)

I think we waited long enough but that's my personal opinion as the rest of the world has transformed this toy multiple times while we are still chatting here about what stores are bringing it in.

nexusnixx
22nd September 2013, 12:53 PM
Good point - as we wait for them in the stores the rest are transforming it already.

I think we waited long enough but that's my personal opinion as the rest of the world has transformed this toy multiple times while we are still chatting here about what stores are bringing it in.