PDA

View Full Version : Epic Toy wallpaper project

lancalot
10th February 2013, 03:44 PM
Hello everyone , i like to put together a wallpaper consisting of all the transformer toys .
As i don't have that many i need your help to get pictures from your collection .It can maybe become an official OTCA toy banner? :)
You can pose them any way you like but can you please stick to Decepitcon facing right --> and aubots facing left <---- in an action pose individually.
I want to do something like this but with all really toys . im going to try to make it the close same composition as possible.

http://imageshack.us/a/img90/7913/transformersg1wallpaper.jpg
http://www.comicartcommunity.com/gallery/categories.php?cat_id=393&page=10

Trent
10th February 2013, 09:14 PM
Thats a pretty fun (if labour intensive) idea. :)

Bidoofdude
10th February 2013, 09:20 PM
That'll be quite hard, I imagine.
I can contribute some pics if you would like.:cool:;)

1AZRAEL1
10th February 2013, 09:21 PM
That is a great idea. And as Trent said, very labour intensive. Good luck with it, I look forward to seeing the end result.

GoktimusPrime
10th February 2013, 10:43 PM
You're welcome to trawl through the Action Pose thread and use any of my pics if you like. If any of the figures aren't facing in the desired direction you like, you can just mirror flip it. :)

lancalot
11th February 2013, 12:08 AM
You're welcome to trawl through the Action Pose thread and use any of my pics if you like. If any of the figures aren't facing in the desired direction you like, you can just mirror flip it. :)

that be cool ,thanks Gok, i don't want to just use other ppl pic without their permission . Can i ask everyone to post it in this thread the picture they want me to use or just give me a shout out like Gok to use their pics

liegeprime
11th February 2013, 12:15 AM
which particular toy series are you after btw? Generations/classics or G1?.... You can use any ( if I posted any) from the action pose thread , otherwise Ill just pose a whole freakin lot here just let me know which series hehehe

lancalot
11th February 2013, 02:15 AM
which particular toy series are you after btw? Generations/classics or G1?.... You can use any ( if I posted any) from the action pose thread , otherwise Ill just pose a whole freakin lot here just let me know which series hehehe

I'm trying to replicate that picture as a homage to it, so what ever toy you see that in the picture can you pose it the same etc...that be cool of you to help :D i think it got both gen1 and generation , i don't really know half the transformer in it :confused: So just what ever series you like :D i find a space for them !

lancalot
11th February 2013, 02:39 AM
Thats a pretty fun (if labour intensive) idea. :)

Yeah It give me an excuse to pull them out and have fun posing them , Only way i justify playing with them at this age !!:D

GoktimusPrime
11th February 2013, 03:51 PM
Oh right! Wow... that is ambitious and will take some time! But I'll where I can. :)

crankcase76
12th February 2013, 10:42 PM
hi Lancalot,

had a crack at the poses with these 2 guys, found thunderwing in the pic but due to articulation on this guy this is as good as i could get. and a fav of mine kup,hopefully you can use him as i found the G1 kup but not generations one. couldn't make out if this one was in it.

http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd430/megatron84/DSC05673_zps99de162d.jpg

http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd430/megatron84/DSC05671_zpsb1256f47.jpg

liegeprime
12th February 2013, 11:24 PM
I'm trying to replicate that picture as a homage to it, so what ever toy you see that in the picture can you pose it the same etc...that be cool of you to help :D i think it got both gen1 and generation , i don't really know half the transformer in it :confused: So just what ever series you like :D i find a space for them !

Okay then, prolly a mix of both G1 and Gen toys, mebbe even MPs and (gasp) third party figures, since not all the TFs in that pic has a Generations version yet. Some of the more full bodied TFs in there need to have proper posing and let's face it G1 toys have limited articulation. :) Good thing that is my current PC wallpaper so it's easy for me to spot who's who. Ill be posting pics here then as soon as. Ill try to pose em as they are like in the pics as much as the figure will allow so you just need to cut and paste. This project is going to take time.

lancalot
13th February 2013, 04:35 PM
Man didnt know how hard it is to pose the figure to look the same!! lol i was trying to do the mp5 megs and mp10 optimus today . Im going to learn how to use my brother SLR camera now!

keep posting the pic guys ...thanks

liegeprime
14th February 2013, 12:43 AM
Man didnt know how hard it is to pose the figure to look the same!! lol i was trying to do the mp5 megs and mp10 optimus today . Im going to learn how to use my brother SLR camera now!

keep posting the pic guys ...thanks

yeah it would be best if you've got risers or stands for figure so you can pose them in action poses like that of the poster. I was toying with the idea of using the ones I use for my Beast wars figures since these were clear and if shot in a white background would likely blend or at least be less noticeable and can easily be photoshopped off. But the stands can only hold so much weight :p. The MPs aren't exactly light as Deluxe figs heheh. Ill get to do this and post right away on my days off. I need to get me a plain white craft paper or an illustration board for the background plus a large flat surface to work on with good lighting for the shot to come out clear and crisp ;)

Bidoofdude
14th February 2013, 05:37 PM
I can do the classics seekers if you would like. ;):cool: (in their Ace Seeker Set cartoon accurate colours:D:p)

lancalot
14th February 2013, 11:42 PM
I can do the classics seekers if you would like. ;):cool: (in their Ace Seeker Set cartoon accurate colours:D:p)

Yeah that be great

KalEl
15th February 2013, 12:30 AM
God i want a super high res print of that image!

liegeprime
15th February 2013, 01:03 AM
God i want a super high res print of that image!

In poster size print too would be awesome ei?

lancalot
15th February 2013, 03:47 PM
well i was planing to do a 2560x1600 , or you want me to do a A3 size? 3508x4961 ?

Bidoofdude
15th February 2013, 06:13 PM
I'll try and get as good Seeker photos as I can.