PDA

View Full Version : Generations Voyager BW Megatron?

griffin
12th February 2013, 02:05 AM
Feeling a little left out after the recent focus has been on the Toyfair in America, one of the usual Asian fansites has posted up a couple images (http://bbs.actoys.net/read.php?tid-1259629-fpage-2-page-1.html) of a FOC Grimlock prototype with a BW Megatron head.

I guess the mould needed to be re-used, so Megatron was a likely candidate.

Firestorm
12th February 2013, 02:15 AM
Terrible idea, really depressed about this :(
I hope this isn't the "beast wars figure that will make us cry with its beauty"
I am crying though, but it ain't from beauty

Tetsuwan Convoy
12th February 2013, 03:40 AM
For a summary of my thoughts, click this link, close your eyes and listen for 2 seconds. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=hvBeZYnfLK8#t=94s)

Shirokaze
12th February 2013, 08:51 AM
This.... is depressing. Pretty sure the Grimlock mold is a downgrade over Transmetal Megs :confused:

kup
12th February 2013, 09:02 AM
Bad idea, specially when the original 1995 toy is still superior along with almost every other toy released based on T-Rex BW Megatron since then.

SuspectimusPrime
12th February 2013, 09:48 AM
That robot mode just doesn't suit BW Megatron :/ I am a lot happier with a Grimlock mould being repainted as Overkill, and thought they may do it with the FOC mould by a far stretch. Guess they're going with a character that they hope will generate more sales.

Omega Metro
12th February 2013, 10:04 AM
Yuk!

kup
12th February 2013, 10:36 AM
Terrible idea, really depressed about this :(
I hope this isn't the "beast wars figure that will make us cry with its beauty"
I am crying though, but it ain't from beauty

Yeah a disappointing copout if this is it. Puts Hasbro back in to the 'disconnected and greedy' category.

gekisou
12th February 2013, 10:54 AM
I love how the topic is... 'Is this the legendary Shatter Glass BW Universe?'

Paulbot
12th February 2013, 11:07 AM
I was actually wondering if this was actually a BotCon toy. But it would be a bit too soon wouldn't it.

i_amtrunks
12th February 2013, 11:16 AM
I was actually wondering if this was actually a BotCon toy. But it would be a bit too soon wouldn't it.

Perfect for next year though... Shattered Glass Heroic predacon BW Megs :rolleyes:

Not a fan of the concept of utilising FoC Grimmers as BW Megs, not the right build.

Quickstrike
12th February 2013, 08:40 PM

The fact that ONLY the head has been changed made me think the same thing. The retooled guys we've been getting in Generations so far are a lot more complex than just a head swap.

Verno
12th February 2013, 09:42 PM
I'm sure I don't need to spell out my thoughts on this news.

GoktimusPrime
12th February 2013, 09:55 PM
I'm gonna go against the grain and say that I think this doesn't seem like a bad idea. :) The new head sculpt looks pretty cool to me, though I'd like to see some colour pics. The Voyager FoC Grimlock mould itself doesn't seem that great, and I don't think this toy would be any better/worse than Grimmie. Does the mould suit Megatron? Well, if they colour it like Transmetal Megatron then I think it might work.

At least Hasbro's trying to make a new character with this mould and even going to the effort of giving it and alternate head. It shows that they've put some thought behind it... a lot more thought than just some other random repaint. So yeah, I think the idea's kinda neat. How well it will turn out in execution remains to be seen. ;)

Hursticon
12th February 2013, 10:09 PM
I'd like to echo the sentiment expressed by 99% of this thread in that when I heard & saw this news on Twitter last night, and Tets can attest to this, I was pretty bloody PO'ed to say the least. :(

It's great that Hasbro would like to honour Beast Wars & its characters in the latest iteration of the Generations line, but they have to bloody well do them actual justice with some actual new molds & not the half-arsed attempts offered thus far & certainly not via retools & repaints! :mad:

I certainly hope that what we've seen in this prototype, is simply just another one of those boring Officially Sanctioned 3rd Party figures.

Beast Wars deserves some proper recognition & implementation within the Generations line for a change, because it's Beast Wars that has allowed Hasbro to even contemplate celebrating a 30th Anniversary of G1 & the brand itself.

It's a lovely head sculpt, attach it to a proper new body & then we'll talk. :cool:

Tetsuwan Convoy
12th February 2013, 10:12 PM
I'd like to echo the sentiment expressed by 99% of this thread in that when I heard & saw this news on Twitter last night, and Tets can attest to this, I was pretty bloody PO'ed to say the least. :(

It's a lovely head sculpt, attach it to a proper new body & then we'll talk. :cool:
Oh I most certainly can ;) And I agree. It doesn't fit Megs at all, in any way. If it's a botcon toy, then I can live with that, just means I care even less. But as a Generations figure. No, no no no noooooo.

NO

Sky Shadow
12th February 2013, 10:37 PM
I bet it will look beautiful once in the right colours.

Gouki
12th February 2013, 10:53 PM
*fingers crossed for Generations T-Wrecks*

Paulbot
12th February 2013, 11:06 PM
Surely it will be Predacon (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Predacon_(Armada)). Perhaps this is for the Beast Hunters line?

Tetsuwan Convoy
12th February 2013, 11:25 PM
Surely it will be Predacon (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Predacon_(Armada)). Perhaps this is for the Beast Hunters line?

That's an interesting take. Although imo, the foc aesthetic doesn't match Beast Hunters that well. I guess that's what Predacon is about a bit though...

Tallestblue
12th February 2013, 11:42 PM

Yeahhh I'd rather see a slight more feral BW Megs head on a recoloured leader class Predaking if they planned on doing that.

It will be interesting to see how this turns out.

Bidoofdude
13th February 2013, 08:53 PM
I'm kind of interested to see where this goes. I think I'm the only one....:confused::p

Quickstrike
13th February 2013, 09:29 PM
Nah, I'm interested. We should at least wait and see the final version before gettin' mad.

I did always like T-Wrecks' deco...

The_Damned
13th February 2013, 09:56 PM
good as soon as i see something about beast wars my wallet breathes a sigh of relief

SuspectimusPrime
15th April 2013, 10:29 AM
eBay auction for this prototype via Seibertron (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/fall-of-cybertron-grimlock-redeco-remold-beast-megatron-prototype-images/27070/).

Verno
15th April 2013, 05:46 PM
If this is the 'nod' for Beast Wars for the 30th Anniversary of Transformers, I will tear Hasbro down...

Gouki
15th April 2013, 06:30 PM
If this is the 'nod' for Beast Wars for the 30th Anniversary of Transformers, I will tear Hasbro down...

Surely they're not that short-sighted for an anniversary like the big three-oh.

For the 35th Anniversary maybe all the Transformers will use energon shards to transform into previous Transformers, and that's how Hasbro will satisfy the Beast fans?