PDA

View Full Version : TF Animated Voyager Wave 5, has it ever been released in Australia?

ILikeSoundwave
13th February 2013, 08:27 PM
A question, has TF Animated voyager wave 5 ever been released in Australia?, because when I used to collect the animated series I never saw them, but I was really excited on getting my hands on that Shockwave and Skywarp.

BigTransformerTrev
13th February 2013, 08:45 PM
I know Shockwave was released here in both his 'Longarm' colours and his 'Shockwave' colours. Never saw a Skywarp however. I know they did release a Voyager Sunstorm along with a mini-Ratchet here but never got around to getting him.

Golden Phoenix
13th February 2013, 08:50 PM
I only ever remember seeing them at Myer, I think it was several months after the series after that had started.

If you want though, I have a Shockwave I could sell you.

BigTransformerTrev
13th February 2013, 08:53 PM
I only ever remember seeing them at Myer, I think it was several months after the series after that had started.

Think the purple Shockwave I picked up was from Big W if memory serves

ILikeSoundwave
13th February 2013, 08:54 PM

If you want though, I have a Shockwave I could sell you.

Is it the Longarm Prime colours and if so is it used or new.

Golden Phoenix
13th February 2013, 08:59 PM
Think the purple Shockwave I picked up was from Big W if memory serves

That's right. The ones that came with the legends figures were general releases.

I was just talking about Skywarp and the normal Grey release of Shockwave being seen in Myer.

Is it the Longarm Prime colours and if so is it used or new.

It is the grey version (Longarm Prime). And it is MISB.

GoktimusPrime
13th February 2013, 10:08 PM
Yeah, they were eventually released here - but delayed IIRC. They came out in New Zealand first; I got my Wreck Gar and Shockwave (original colours) via a NZ contact. When those toys did finally come out here, I got Skywarp locally. And yeah, I recall seeing them at Myer and Uncle Pete's.

liegeprime
14th February 2013, 01:07 AM
Shockwave, Wreckgar and Skywarp was more spotted in Uncle Pete's stores. Wreckgar got released in Big W and Kmart as well but in limited quantities. I don't recall seeing Skywarp elsewhere other than UNcle pete's which is where I got mine. Both the purple and gray version of Shockwave was soldin Uncle Pete's and Kmart IIRC. Uncle Pete's even had them on sale really cheap (deluxe pricing) when the new TF generations were out.

griffin
14th February 2013, 01:23 AM
I think TRU also had Skywarp... very briefly, as it sold out within days of it being found.

Do a search of the sightings topics for skywarp or shockwave, and you'll see some around 2009.

jazzcomp
14th February 2013, 07:01 AM
grey shockwave was in still some myer stores when they were selling the 5 pc PCC combiners :)

KalEl
15th February 2013, 12:18 AM
I wish animated was still in stores! I missed most of that line

ILikeSoundwave
15th February 2013, 06:51 AM

Same:(

Megatron
15th February 2013, 09:50 AM
Me three.

DELTAprime
19th February 2013, 04:13 PM
I remember getting the purple Shockwave in a two pack with Activators Ratchet and Sunstorm in a two pack with Activators Bumblebee, both from Kmart Aust. They where US Target exclusives that Kmart picked up here.

I did pick up Skywarp and I'm fairly sure from somewhere here in Australia, can't remember which store.

I'm wondering if Voyager Thundercracker ever got released here? I'd like to pick one up in the future to complete my Animated Seekers.

ILikeSoundwave
19th February 2013, 04:33 PM
I remember getting the purple Shockwave in a two pack with Activators Ratchet and Sunstorm in a two pack with Activators Bumblebee, both from Kmart Aust. They where US Target exclusives that Kmart picked up here.

I did pick up Skywarp and I'm fairly sure from somewhere here in Australia, can't remember which store.

I'm wondering if Voyager Thundercracker ever got released here? I'd like to pick one up in the future to complete my Animated Seekers.

Voyager Thundercracker was cancelled both here and the US along with a couple other figures.