PDA

View Full Version : EOI - Ozformers RPG

Megatron
14th February 2013, 03:07 PM
Hi all,

I'd like to get an idea of how many members here would like to participate in a Play-by-Post, text-based RPG on this board. If I can get at least two other people interested (8 to 10 is ideal), I can set one up in the Creative section of the board, provided the admin is ok with it. If not, it's no problem.

If you don't know what a text based RPG is, or if you're unsure about how to play, let me assure you that it is really quite easy once you get the hang of it, and a lot of fun! I'll be happy to help you throughout the whole process, from creating your character profiles, right through to the way you play your characters and lay out your posts.

We can set one up as simple or as complex as you like. That is, it can include a points system and technical battles along with the main story, or we can just start with text based play only.

We'll only need one main RPG thread, which I'll create later, so it won't dominate the board. In the meantime, we can use this thread to post our character tech specs & profiles, story ideas, and any other questions or suggestions.

What's the main requirement to be a successful RPGer? Well, the main thing is the ability to use correct grammar and sentence structure so that your posts are easily legible! It also helps to be able to follow the RPG rules and guidelines, and post regularly. A few times a week minimum would be ideal. Your posts can be as long or as short as you like, though they should be at least one paragraph in length. You don't have to worry about keeping score for your characters or anything like that, as the GM (myself) will do that for you.

So, if you would like me to set up an RPG for this forum and you'd like to have a go, then let me know by posting in this thread.

If you're new to RPGing I recommend that you start with only one character. Then as you get more into it, you can select up to five. It's up to you, but remember, the more characters you want to play, the more responsibility you will be taking on and the more other players will be relying on you.

I will be playing my favorites (Megatron, Shockwave, Starscream, Soundwave, Jazz), but any and all other characters are available, canon or OC, from any era, continuity or series. First person to post and claim a character that has not already been taken will have first rights to play that character.

Also, if you have any ideas for a plot or storyline that you would like to see incorporated into the RPG, let me know! I will then collate them all into a coherent script that will set the scene for the RPG.

If you have any questions at all, please ask. :)

Reserved Characters:
Megatron:
Megatron
Starscream
Soundwave
Shockwave
Jazz

Tetsuwan Convoy:
Reverse Convoy

Lint:
?

Lancalot:
Smokescreen
Sunstorm

Firestorm:
Knock Out
?

Bidoofdude:
Galvatron
Thundercracker
Skywarp

Goktimus Prime:
Charlie Chopper

Kup:
Big Daddy

Paul Agnew:
Airazor
Blastcharge Strika
Hubcap

Tetsuwan Convoy
14th February 2013, 03:30 PM
Sounds nerd-tastic!

I'll jump in. As a total newbie to this though, suckage will be high though

Lint
14th February 2013, 04:15 PM
I'll support this!

Feel free to steal plot or gameplay mechanics from my previous RPG enterprise: http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8816

I tend to prefer creation of original characters as it rules out the typical arguments that arise when playing 'real' characters. Also you don't need any background knowledge about the characters you are playing.

Megatron
14th February 2013, 05:09 PM
Sounds nerd-tastic!

I'll jump in. As a total newbie to this though, suckage will be high though

Ha ha, it's going to be great. You'll do just fine! :D Welcome aboard!

I'll support this!

Feel free to steal plot or gameplay mechanics from my previous RPG enterprise: http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8816

I tend to prefer creation of original characters as it rules out the typical arguments that arise when playing 'real' characters. Also you don't need any background knowledge about the characters you are playing.

Awesome! Welcome aboard!

Hmm... Your RPG's technicalities are very similar to the ones I'm planning, though there are some differences. I'm going to use my well tested tech specs and rules from previous RPGs that I've created and adapt them for this board, and will also consider story elements from your thread.

You're welcome to use all OCs if you like, no probs. As for canon characters, they'll be treated just like any other character - that is, according to the profile the player posts for them. They should be mostly aligned with their official profiles, but I'll allow them to be altered a bit if the player wishes, plus it will also depend on which version of their character the player wants. For example, my characters will be loyal whilst their alignment will be more open to interpretation than the classic "purely evil" alignment. Jazz also will be mostly himself as well but with some minor alterations to suit. Also, any disputes and the GM or mods will have final say anyway, but in all my past experience in Transformers RPGs, character portrayals have never been a problem - only the ability of the players themselves.

Ok, so that's three people in! I can start planning it now. The more the merrier though, so if anyone else would like to join, feel free to post your interest.

Bidoofdude
14th February 2013, 05:41 PM
Sounds good, Megatron.
I'm sure we could all learn a thing or two about how we legibly write out posts. :cool:(With some good helpers by our side:p;))

Megatron
14th February 2013, 05:48 PM
Sounds good, Megatron.
I'm sure we could all learn a thing or two about how we legibly write out posts. :cool:(With some good helpers by our side:p;))

Does that mean you're in?

lancalot
14th February 2013, 11:26 PM
Hey sounds good ,count me in , but I got no idea how to play but willing to learn :) , so I'm going to be a total noob ! Can I reserve smokescreen and sunstorm

Megatron
14th February 2013, 11:33 PM
Hey sounds good ,count me in , but I got no idea how to play but willing to learn :) , so I'm going to be a total noob ! Can I reserve smokescreen and sunstorm

Sure can! Welcome aboard and don't worry you'll get the hang of it really quickly. It's going to be heaps of fun! :D

Ok, I'll post up the Rules & Guidelines and Character Profile Template for you guys very soon!

Firestorm
15th February 2013, 04:29 PM
Sounds like fun! :D
I've never tried rp-ing like this before but I've always wanted to
count me in! :D
(now to dig up my old text files of OCs)
also if any continuity is allowed does that mean I can reserve TFPrime Knockout?

Bidoofdude
15th February 2013, 06:12 PM
I'll reserve G1 Thundercracker and Skywarp.;):cool:

Megatron
15th February 2013, 06:43 PM
Sounds like fun! :D
I've never tried rp-ing like this before but I've always wanted to
count me in! :D
(now to dig up my old text files of OCs)
also if any continuity is allowed does that mean I can reserve TFPrime Knockout?

Absolutely! Welcome to our humble RPG, and please feel free to ask any questions or ask for help if you need it, no matter how minor. Looking forward to meeting your OCs. :)

I'll reserve G1 Thundercracker and Skywarp.;):cool:

Done! Thanks for joining up!

Just a few notes while I'm here:

Yes, any universe/continuity is allowed, even BW/BM if anyone wants. It'll be a bit of a central nexus universe, where characters from any and all timelines or continuities interact. The only exception is that there can only be one version of a particular character, so you can't have for example, TFPrime Knock Out and G1 Knock Out as well, in the same RPG. So there's no need to specify which universe your character is from, because that's up to you. You could even merge different versions of a character to create your own version of them, if you like.

We'll need a cool name for this RPG, so if anyone has any ideas please let me know. I suck at thinking up titles.

We will need some players who would like to have a go at handling Leader class characters (Optimus Prime, Rodimus Prime, Scorponok, Overlord, Galvatron, etc.) because so far we only have one (Megatron). Leader class characters can essentially boss other characters around, formulate plans and implement strategies, and send teams off on various missions.

There will be an intro and basic storyline to start, however there is no set ending so players are free to exercise their creativity and help develop the story as we go along. This will pertain more to players with Leader class or higher ranking characters, who are able to introduce major plot changes (in collaboration with the GM).

I will try to come up with a story based upon everyone's character profiles, so that every character will have an important role to play and most importantly, something to do!

Bidoofdude
15th February 2013, 07:48 PM
Ill take Galvy too then.

Megatron
15th February 2013, 08:00 PM
Ill take Galvy too then.

Galvatron is a Leader class and so you'll need to be confident in playing him because the way you handle him will have a direct impact on not just all the other players' RPG experience but will also help set the tone and pace of the RPG itself. Have you RPed in this style before?

Also if you do take him, he has no relation whatsoever to Megatron (past, present or future) and will be a separate individual entirely. That cool?

Bidoofdude
15th February 2013, 08:09 PM
Galvatron is a Leader class and so you'll need to be confident in playing him because the way you handle him will have a direct impact on not just all the other players' RPG experience but will also help set the tone and pace of the RPG itself. Have you RPed in this style before?

Also if you do take him, he has no relation whatsoever to Megatron (past, present or future) and will be a separate individual entirely. That cool?

I can say that I haven't before played like this.:(:o
As long as he's crazy and awesome, I don't care who he's related to...:p:D

Megatron
15th February 2013, 08:17 PM
I can say that I haven't before played like this.:(:o
As long as he's crazy and awesome, I don't care who he's related to...:p:D

Ok. :D Let's see how you go. In the meantime, it might be a good idea to think about what specific goals or ambitions you want him to have in the RPG, so we can incorporate it into the story.

Bidoofdude
15th February 2013, 08:23 PM
Ok. :D Let's see how you go. In the meantime, it might be a good idea to think about what specific goals or ambitions you want him to have in the RPG, so we can incorporate it into the story.

Thanks. I'll write down some ideas.:cool:

GoktimusPrime
15th February 2013, 11:00 PM
Do you have to choose a character from existing TF canon, or can you create your own original character? If so... what are the criteria or rules?

Tetsuwan Convoy
15th February 2013, 11:13 PM
Hmm, although I haven't played these games before, I would love to play as my favourite Megatron Reverse Convoy (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Reverse_Convoy). I hope you can fit him in there somewhere. If not, I have in development an original character whom I have named Sprocket.

Megatron
15th February 2013, 11:30 PM
Do you have to choose a character from existing TF canon, or can you create your own original character? If so... what are the criteria or rules?

Hi, Gok. :) You may base your characters either from existing canons, or create your own - either is fine. You can also have a mix of both, if you like.

I will endeavour to post the complete rules and character templates tomorrow, but essentially your characters will be allocated standard tech points (speed, strength, intelligence, etc.) that contribute to a max number of points, as well as select a function, alt mode/s, rank, alignment and faction, as well as weapons and various skills from predefined lists - some of these will contribute to the points as well. They'll also need a name, a pic if you can provide one, a personality description, a background story and a motto, though the latter two are optional.

I'll provide a comprehensive guide and will also post my own character tech specs and profiles as completed examples. Your characters' profiles will largely depend on what kind of roles you want them to have in the RPG, what you want them to do, how they will behave, what their strengths/weaknesses are, etc. A player's actually ability to write comprehensively and to engage the other players in well thought out, creative posts will also help determine what level of involvement their characters should have (for example, whether they are Leader class or of lower rank, or whether they will play a pivotal part in the story or just have a supporting role). There is a standard rank that new players should start with for their characters, but I'd like to include a few higher ranking characters as well from players who are keen.

Hmm, although I haven't played these games before, I would love to play as my favourite Megatron Reverse Convoy (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Reverse_Convoy). I hope you can fit him in there somewhere. If not, I have in development an original character whom I have named Sprocket.

Hmm... from the wiki page, Reverse Convoy isn't actually Megatron... it just says that he was possessed by his spark? If that's true, then as long as he can be unrelated and is a separate individual in his own right (same way that Galvatron will be here), then I don't see a problem. Sprocket sounds interesting, though. :)

Tetsuwan Convoy
16th February 2013, 02:53 AM
Hmm... from the wiki page, Reverse Convoy isn't actually Megatron... it just says that he was possessed by his spark? If that's true, then as long as he can be unrelated and is a separate individual in his own right (same way that Galvatron will be here), then I don't see a problem. Sprocket sounds interesting, though. :)

He can be unrelated. The feeling I got from the dvd (and the way I like to think of him) is that even though he was Reverse Convoy at the start, the megatron possession ends up being a permanent process:D;). I think there was an inclination in the comic it was G1 Megs, but pfaah, I had him kind of slated in my mish mash unicron trilogy (with slight G1 links) universe with Sprocket.

Or a case of dual personality and blackouts is another one I pondered in a fanfic I started but didn't finish.

Megatron
16th February 2013, 04:19 PM
He can be unrelated. The feeling I got from the dvd (and the way I like to think of him) is that even though he was Reverse Convoy at the start, the megatron possession ends up being a permanent process:D;). I think there was an inclination in the comic it was G1 Megs, but pfaah, I had him kind of slated in my mish mash unicron trilogy (with slight G1 links) universe with Sprocket.

Or a case of dual personality and blackouts is another one I pondered in a fanfic I started but didn't finish.

Maybe he's permanently possessed by Sprocket? :p

Ok, following are the rules and guidelines, and the character template, as well as some Maps. Sorry for the wall of text... I'll eventually put everything into a downloadable manual but for now, please take the time to read, and remember to ask any questions if there's anything you aren't sure of. There's no hurry, so please consider your character's tech specs carefully, because these can't be changed later (except for Rank). My own character profiles will follow shortly.

Ozformers RPG

Introduction:

Ozformers RPG is an online role playing game (RPG) based upon a specific interest game system, a freeformstyle as much as possible, and utilizes a class-based system for character creation.

This RPG has clearly defined rules and guidelines so that it can be enjoyed by all participating members.

Game Master: Megatron
Mods: Megatron, ?

General participation rules and guidelines:

1. Players and their characters must be approved by the GM before playing. Players may also be removed from the game at any time, at the GMs discretion.

2. Players must participate regularly, and follow all game and board rules.

3. No abusive or nonconstructive behavior will be tolerated.

4. All references to your characters, fan created or canon, and the storyline created therein, may be made available to use in a final story to be published on fan sites, once complete. By participating in this RPG, your permission is assumed. All credit to the individual players will be given.

6. The GM's decision is final.

Game play rules and guidelines:

1. The RPG may comprise of separate Story Arcs, with a certain number of Chapters contained within each Arc.

2. Players must try to minimize any comments or posts that are not part of the game play. Use this Discussion thread instead or, if you must comment in a game play post, precede with “OOC:” For example:

OOC: Hope everyone is having a nice day. Sorry for the delay, now on with the game.

3. Posts must be in story format, and never in the first person (If you don’t know what that means, ask). For example:

Megatron made his way to the control tower, where Soundwave had been expecting his return.

Before the communications expert could convey his report, however, an alert beacon signaled a surprise enemy attack.

4. Anything spoken aloud by your character/s must be contained within quotation marks.

“Look out!” Starscream yelled out as he soared low across the sky, narrowly avoiding contact with two targeting missiles.

5. Your character/s thoughts must be italicized.

Hm, perhaps I can use his own weakness to my advantage, he thought.

6. You must include a location heading for every post and for every change in location, in bold. Begin with the most local location (room or building), and end with the largest location (city, state or planet). For example:

Antihex Control Tower, Antihex

Megatron made his way to the control tower, where Soundwave had been expecting his return.

7. Your font type and color must remain consistent throughout the entire game. You may use a unique font color, type, or both, for each individual character you are playing. You may not use bold, underline or italics, however (these are reserved), or large size.

8. When your character is talking to or interacting with another player’s character/s, you may NOT determine their words or actions for them; only the designated player may do this. You may refer to them, however, and acknowledge their presence.

9. You may only refer to other players' character/s after they have been introduced into the story line. Else you must wait until they do.

10. You may not introduce any major new twists or story elements without prior permission from the GM.

11. Your characters' points, weapons and abilities will be determined throughout game play, however only the GM may grant your character additional points, weapons or abilities, or take them away. These stats will be counted and posted for each character. No player may determine their own points, successes or failures in a mission.

12. If your character reaches Vital Stats of 0, they will be removed from the game, and considered “inactive.” The GM will let you know when this has occurred.

13. The game ends when either:

• All characters on one side have become inactive, and/or
• The story allows for it and the war is won, and/or
• The GM calls it

14. You must play your character/s within their tech specs and profile. That means, they may not have “super” powers, quickly change locations, nor are they able to cause serious harm or kill other characters with ease, or cause a drastic change in storyline. The GM reserves the right to disregard any unfair game play of this nature.

15. If a character fires a weapon at a playing character, it becomes an automatic hit for consideration, whether or not the player specified that it hit. Players must make sure they specify what weapon was used, and how many rounds or bullets were fired.

16. No more than 3 rounds or bullets from a weapon (or 3 melee attacks) may be fired/delivered at an enemy in a single post.

17. A player must introduce their character into the scene in a previous post, before being allowed to fire at/attack an enemy.

18. The purpose of this RPG is to carry out and complete set missions, assist one’s own team, and defeat the opposing team. All settings and mission objectives will be made clear as each Chapter and Story Arc plays out.

19. All missions and objectives will be given by either:

• A Level 1 character for all characters of their Affiliation
• A Level 2 character for their team or squad, and/or
• The GM's narrative

20. GM reserves the right to end a current battle or Chapter, and begin new ones, at any time.

Character tech specs and profiles:

Character specs are a point based system. Each character must select points, one for each alt mode, statistic, ability and weapon, to add up to a total point score. The point scores will be used by the GM primarily to determine a character’s strengths, weaknesses and abilities, and to calculate the individual success or failure probability during and after a battle or a mission. Players need not concern themselves with such calculations during game play.

• Each player must begin with at least one unreserved character of their choice, provided they are available. More characters may be selected by a player later in the game, with permission, up to a max of 5. The GM's decision is final, however, and may disallow the use of any/all characters. Mods and the GM may begin with 5 characters.

• Fan created or original characters may be used.

• Combiner teams will count as one, but prior approval is needed, and a separate profile must be posted for each combiner team member.

• The total point score for a character must not exceed +80 points.

• The total point score for a Leader class character must not exceed +100 points.

• For all stats, the scale from +1 to +10 is from weakest to strongest (1 equals weakest, 10 equals strongest).

• Strength and Endurance stats must be within 3 points of each other.

• You may play any character under any Affiliation - Autobot, Decepticon, Maximal, Predacon, Neutral, Cybertronian, etc.

• Tech specs for canon characters may be altered from their official profiles; however they must be comparable, and reasonable.

• Canon characters already in play, or who are dropped from the game by one player, may be permanently passed over to a new player, however their profile/tech specs and Vital Stats will be reset.

• New weapons or ammo may be exchanged for Vital Stats points, with approval. Weapons and other upgrades may also be given to any character by the GM at any time. New weapons and ammo may also be revealed in secret locations throughout the game. Character will need to pick up the found items during game play in order to claim and use them.

Check the Character Profile Template for more information on how to submit your character profiles.

Scoring system:

Every character begins with a Vital Stats score of Endurance x 10. GM will use character’s profile/stats to determine updated Vital Stats at the end of each battle, or any event that affects weapons or abilities. Once the Vital Stats for a character reaches 0, they will become “inactive” and will be removed from the game. A warning will be given if the Vital Stats reaches +50, +20, and again at +5.

How Vital Stats score can be affected:

Loss of points may occur with any of the following events:

• Your character is shot or hit by another character, a weapon or similar within the game.

• Your character fails to utilize any of their statistics potential, when it was clearly within the game setting to do so. For example, if your character has a Strength score of +10, but deliberately fails to pull debris off a fallen comrade to save their life, points will be deducted.

• You play your character outside of their established personality and motives, points will be deducted.

• If your character fails to follow given orders, or changes their Affiliation without prior consent, 50 points will be deducted.

• Unintentional or friendly fire.

• You exchange points for additional ammo, or a new weapon (with approval).

Award of points may occur with any of the following events:

• Your character hits a character on the opposing team.

• You skillfully play your character within their established personality and motives.

• If your character successfully follows given orders, motivates their team to complete a mission, and remains loyal.

• Your character successfully completes a mission, individually or as part of a group.

MAPS:

All maps created by me. Please do not use without permission.

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc196/Crystine_of_Cybertron/CAURPG2010/Cybertron.gif

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc196/Crystine_of_Cybertron/CAURPG2010/Hadeen_System.jpg

More to follow.

CHARACTER TECH SPECS & PROFILE TEMPLATE:

Notes:

• Combiner teams will count as one, but prior approval is needed, and a separate profile must be posted for each combiner team member. One combiner team only for each player is allowed.

• The total point score for a character must not exceed +80 points.

• The total point score for a Leader class character must not exceed +100 points.

• For all stats, the scale from +1 to +10 is from weakest to strongest (1 equals weakest, 10 equals strongest).

The following weapons, functions and abilities are abbreviated here; read the RPG Guide for more information and a complete description of these attributes. The format for the technical specs and profile for your character/s will be as follows:

Name: The name of your character.

Vital Stats: This will be your character's Endurance x 10.

Image: You may include a picture of your character. Optional.

Affiliation: Autobot, Decepticon, Cybertronian, Maximal, Predacon, Neutral or other.

Function: Select from:
Anthropologist, Archaeologist, Archivist, Astrophysicist, Bodyguard, Bounty hunter (may not be Autobot/Cybertronian Affiliation), Chemist, Communications, Computer Programmer, Construction, Courier, Data Analyst, Demolisher, Double Agent, Emergency Response, Excavator, Explorer, Freelance (may not be Autobot/Cybertronian Affiliation), Guard, Geologist, Gunner, Infiltrator, Intelligence, Leader (Reserved), Life Systems Engineer, Mechanic, Medic, Miner, Ninja, Pilot, Saboteur, Scientist (general), Scout, Spy, Strategist, Transport, Warrior, Weapons Specialist, etc. More may be added.

Rank: Unless otherwise specified, your character’s Rank starts at Level 4. This also forms part of the character's tech specs (see below). The GM may upgrade your rank at her discretion, for example as a reward for missions accomplished successfully. The following is the rank listing descending in order from the highest rank to the lowest. The titles on the left are general military, while the titles on the right are Air Force:

Level 1: Supreme leader or Commander. Reserved.

Commander in Chief (CINC) or Air Chief Marshal (Air Chf Mshl or ACM), Rank = 10
Commander (CDR) or Air Commander (Air Cdr), Rank = 9

Level 2: A character has the ability to call new missions, order an attack or a retreat, or make decisions that affect an entire team.

Lieutenant Commander (LCDR) or Group Captain (Gp Capt), Rank = 8
Major (MAJ) or Wing Commander (Wg Cdr), Rank = 7
Captain (CPT) or Squadron Leader (Sqn Ldr), Rank = 6

Level 3: Team leader. A character has the ability to give orders to Level 4 personnel.

1st Lieutenant (LT-1) or Flight Lieutenant (Flt Lt), Rank = 5
2nd Lieutenant (LT-2) or Flying Officer (F/O), Rank = 4

Level 4: New recruit. All new characters start here, with the exception of faction leaders and other Commanders as required.

1st Ensign (EN-1) or Sergeant (SGT), Rank = 3
2nd Ensign (EN-2) or Corporal (Cpl), Rank = 2
3rd Ensign (EN-3) or Aircraftman (AC), Rank = 1

Note that the Air Chief Marshal DOES NOT have equal rank to the Commander in Chief, while all other Air Force ranks are equal in rank to their respective military equivalents.

Alignment: Select your character's alignment. (Descriptions yet to be added!)

Chaotic Good (CG)
Loyal-Good (LG)
Neutral-Good (NG)
Chaotic-Neutral (CN)
True Neutral (N)
Neutral-Evil (NE)
Loyal-Evil (LE)
Chaotic-Evil (CE)

Alt mode: Select your alt mode.

Small type:
Ground vehicle speed: +3, Jet small: +4, Helicopter: +5, Sea vessel small: +4

Large type:
Ground vehicle strength: +4, Tank: +5, Jet large: +6, Sea vessel large: +6, Carrier ground vehicle: +7, Carrier jet: +7

Other: Permission required.

With Additional Enhanced Mode (3 modes in total). +8

Triple changer: Permission required. +10

Small space craft: +10

Large space craft: +12

Combiner: Permission required. +12

The following are the 9 character tech specs. These may NOT alter throughout the game, with the exception of Rank.
Strength: You may select from +1 to +10. Must not be below 7 if Function is Leader or Warrior, or Alt Mode is of large type. Strength and Endurance stats must be within 3 points of each other.
Intelligence: You may select from +1 to +10. Must not be below 7 if Function is Leader, Strategist, Medic or Scientist.
Agility: Agility is for robot mode. You may select from +1 to +10. Must not be below +7 if Function is Scout or Courier, or below +5 if Alt Mode is of small type.
Speed: Speed is for alt mode. You may select from +1 to +10. Must not be below +7 if Function is Scout or Courier, or below +5 if Alt Mode is of small type.
Endurance: You may select from +1 to +10. Must not be below 7 if Function is Leader or Warrior, or Alt Mode is of large type. Strength and Endurance stats must be within 3 points of each other.
Courage: You may select from +1 to +10. Must not be below 7 if Function is Leader, Explorer or Bounty Hunter.
Firepower: You may select from +1 to +10. Must not be below 7 if Function is Warrior.
Skill: Also refers to maneuverability in alt mode. You may select from +1 to +10. Must not be below 7 if Function is Leader, Strategist, Saboteur, Infiltration or Medic.

Armour Class:18 + (class bonus) + (armor bonus)
Attack Power: Alt Mode = Strength + Speed + Skill; Robot Mode = Strength + Agility + Skill
Evasive Maneuvers: Will depend on Intelligence
These will be determined for you by the GM.

Abilities: These are special abilities in addition to any abilities that come with Function. Select from:

Invisibility: Self explanatory. A character cannot attack when in this mode. +10

Time Warp: A character can slow or bend time within his immediate vicinity for a few seconds. +10

Mind Control: A character can influence another character of same rank or less for a few seconds. This ability may not influence more than one character at a time, and cannot be used in a life threatening or injurious manner. +10

Teleportation: A character may instantly teleport within a building's radius. +10

Piloting: This gives a character the ability to pilot any shuttle or spaceship. +9

Speed Burst: This allows a character to travel at super speed in robot mode for short bursts. +9

Dematerialization: This allows a character to temporarily walk through solid objects such as walls. +9

Firepower absorption: This allows a character to absorb and redirect at half strength any weapons fire directed towards them from any weapon with a points value up to and including a character's Firepower points, for up to 2 hits per battle. +8

Shield: This gives a character protection against attack for an enemy of equal or less firepower, up to 3 hits per battle. +8

Electromagnetic spectrum manipulation (ESM): This allows a character to disable any non-projectile weapons, and to decode communications signals. +8

Anti-gravity: This allows a character to use anti-gravity in order to prevent from falling, for example. May be used for up to 10 minutes at a time. +8

Holographic projection: This allows a character to disguise themselves amongst duplicate holograms of themselves to avoid being hit. +7

Multilingual: This gives a character the ability to read and write up to 3 different Cybertronian languages, not including the main dialect used today. +5

Programming: This allows a character the ability to decipher electronic codes, encrypt/decrypt messages. +5

Navigational: This gives a character the ability to decipher any available maps of an area. +3

More to come...

Weapons: Firepower will depend on the weapons selected. Ammo levels for small guns and blasters are not counted, instead the number of times the weapon is used, i.e. once for each battle, is considered. Once this count has been used up, more ammo will need to be acquired. Select from:

Hand gun: Standard issue. Unlimited ammo. +2

Laser blaster: 15 uses available. +3

Assault rifle: 10 uses available. +5

Cannon: 10 rounds available. +7

Grenade launcher: 5 grenades available. +8

Incendiary missile: 5 missiles available. +10

Rocket launcher: 5 rockets available. +10

Sniper: 12 bullets available. +10

Swords and melee weapons: +6

Special weapons: Reserved. Requiem Blaster, remote mines, detonators, and other hidden weapons

Feats: These will be determined for you by the GM based on Function.

Description: Provide a brief description of your character’s personality and appearance.

Back story: Provide a brief description of your character’s history or back story. Optional.

Motto: Provide a one line personal motto for your character. Optional.

Bidoofdude
16th February 2013, 06:30 PM
Can we use a toy as our character picture?

Megatron
16th February 2013, 06:41 PM
Can we use a toy as our character picture?

Yes.

GoktimusPrime
16th February 2013, 09:37 PM
I request to reserve Charlie Chopper as my character please.

Megatron
16th February 2013, 10:11 PM
I request to reserve Charlie Chopper as my character please.

Ok. I've never heard of him, will check TF wiki...

Hmm. Is he a Transformer, or a Go-Bot? Because I'd like to stick to Transformers, if we can.

GoktimusPrime
16th February 2013, 10:43 PM
He's part of Transformers Go-Bots (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Go-Bots_continuity_family), and not Tonka's Go-Bots/Machine Men if that's what you're thinking about. If I were to play a Machine Men Gobot, I would only select a character who's been known to survive the destruction of their universe and crossed over into the Transformers' universe and assumed a Cybertronian identity/persona (e.g. Bug Bite, Crasher/Fractyl, Pathfinder etc.)

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Charlie_Chopper
http://www.tfu.info/2002/123/ChopperCharlie/choppercharlie.htm
http://www.gobotsarepurelove.com/toys/charliechopper.shtml

:)

Megatron
16th February 2013, 10:50 PM
He's part of Transformers Go-Bots (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Go-Bots_continuity_family), and not Tonka's Go-Bots/Machine Men if that's what you're thinking about. If I were to play a Machine Men Gobot, I would only select a character who's been known to survive the destruction of their universe and crossed over into the Transformers' universe and assumed a Cybertronian identity/persona (e.g. Bug Bite, Crasher/Fractyl, Pathfinder etc.)

...Ok, no probs. :) Welcome to the RPG!

Bidoofdude
18th February 2013, 06:34 PM

Lol, reminded me of this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtSl3Khf1aE

kup
18th February 2013, 08:56 PM
ok I am in - I want to be Big Daddy.

Megatron
19th February 2013, 01:44 PM
ok I am in - I want to be Big Daddy.

Great! So good of you to join us, Kup! :)

Hmm... I can see this is going to be a very interested RPG. :p

Ok, my character profiles are posted below. I've decided to leave some fields blank for now (such as Back Story and Alignment) and fill them in later, once I have a better idea of what the storyline is going to be all about. You may also notice that I've changed a few things from their canon profiles - this is my personal preference, however if you have canon characters you don't need to alter them at all if you don't want to.

Please keep in mind that if your character references other already reserved characters in their description or back story, you must seek permission from the players for those characters first! So please post your character profiles after mine, and if you're not sure about the points, just give it your best shot and if corrections then need to be made, I'll let you know! Also, please keep in mind that the more detailed your characters' descriptions and back stories are, the better I'll be able to formulate a story.

PLAYER: MEGATRON

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc196/Crystine_of_Cybertron/sigs/250px-MegatronTFUMarvel_sm.jpg

NAME: MEGATRON

VITAL STATS: 80

AFFILIATION: Decepticon
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Leader
ALIGNMENT: ?
ALT MODES: Cybertronian jet +6

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS:
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Agility: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Armour Class:
Robot Mode: 18
Alt Mode: 18

Attack Power:
Robot Mode: 25
Alt Mode: 26

Evasive Maneuvers: 5

WEAPONS:
Fusion cannon 10

ABILITIES:
Navigational 3

FEATS:
• Master Planning
• Strategy
• Battle leadership
• Diplomacy
• Convert
• Intimidate (Leaders deal a -2 Courage penalty to all enemies.)
• Inspire (Leaders give a +2 Courage bonus to all allies.)

BACK STORY: TBA

DESCRIPTION:
Megatron is incredibly powerful and intelligent, leading Cybertron into the new era with a combination of fortitude, military cunning, courage and perseverance. His arm-mounted fusion cannon can convert any small amount of matter into large quantities of explosive nuclear energy.

MOTTO: Truth and freedom are our right.

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc196/Crystine_of_Cybertron/sigs/ShockwaveG1_sm.jpg

NAME: SHOCKWAVE

VITAL STATS: 70

PRIMARY FUNCTION: Warrior
ALT MODE: Cybertronian laser gun (other) +3

Agility: 6
Speed: 3
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Armour Class:
Robot Mode: 20
Alt Mode: 20

Attack Power:
Robot Mode: 23

WEAPONS:
Cybertronian laser gun 7

FEATS:
• Weapon proficiency (Allows 3 attacks per round.)
• Improved armor proficiency (+2 to Armor Class.)

DESCRIPTION:
Shockwave is a powerful and efficient warrior dedicated to the rebuilding of Cybertron. He uses his abilities to eliminate his enemies in the most effective way possible, and will fiercely seek to protect his friends and allies. He is highly ranked, second only to Megatron, and usually takes command when Megatron is off world.

MOTTO: Clarity of thought before rashness of action

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc196/Crystine_of_Cybertron/sigs/starscream1z1_sm.jpg

NAME: STARSCREAM

PRIMARY FUNCTION: Warrior
ALT MODE: F-15 Eagle +4

Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Armour Class:
Robot Mode: 20

Attack Power:
Robot Mode: 21
Alt Mode: 25

Evasive Maneuvers: 4

WEAPONS:
Null rays 7

FEATS:
• Weapon proficiency (Allows 3 attacks per round.)
• Improved armor proficiency (+2 to Armor Class.)

DESCRIPTION:
Starscream is Air Commander of the Decepticons. He can sometimes be a bit brash and impatient, but he is extremely charming and enigmatic, and usually gets his way. He relies more on his guile and speed, rather than brute force, and is very good at what he does. He shoots cluster bombs and null-rays, which disrupt the flow of electricity.

MOTTO: Victory is the ultimate reward

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc196/Crystine_of_Cybertron/sigs/SoundwaveMegsG1_sm.png

NAME: SOUNDWAVE

PRIMARY FUNCTION: Communications
ALT MODE: Transceiver +3

Agility: 8
Speed: 4
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Armour Class:

Attack Power:
Robot Mode: 26
Alt Mode: 22

WEAPONS:
Concussion blaster 7

FEATS:
• Encrypt signals and data
• EMP (Electro-magnetic pulse) (Disables Transformers and all electronic devices within melee range for 1 round.)

DESCRIPTION:
Soundwave is a communications specialist and technical mastermind. His enemies know to be very careful about what they say if he is close by, due to his high-amplification directional radio wave sensor, which can detect any audio transmission of the lowest energy levels. Soundwave is the ultimate opportunist, and will do anything he can to help and support his friends.

MOTTO: Listen to truth, in silence

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc196/Crystine_of_Cybertron/sigs/jazz1_sm.jpg

NAME: JAZZ

AFFILIATION: Autobot
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Saboteur
ALT MODE: Porsche 935 Turbo +3

Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Agility: 8
Speed: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Armour Class:

Attack Power:
Robot Mode: 24
Alt Mode: 24

WEAPONS:
Photon rifle 5
Laser blaster 3

FEATS:
• Weapon proficiency (explosives) (May hit up to 5 enemies with one explosion.)
• Knowledge of architecture & engineering
• Knowledge of explosives and unstable elements

DESCRIPTION:
Jazz is very cool, very stylish, and very competent. He is always looking to learn more about the various new planets and cultures he comes into contact with; his knowledge and expertise makes him an indispensable team member. He will often take on the most dangerous missions, and his biggest asset is the versatility and cleverness he possesses in using the resources at his disposal. Although Jazz's firepower and strength are weak relative to that of some of the other Autobots, he more than compensates with his daring and skill - but he is prone to be distracted. Jazz is equipped with a photon rifle, flamethrower and a full-spectrum beacon, and can create dazzling, disorienting sound and light shows.

MOTTO: Do it with style or don't bother doing it

Tetsuwan Convoy
19th February 2013, 06:21 PM
Quick question, so with the shattered glass chars, does that mean the a Decepticon is a bad guy, or a good guy? Does the usual groups matter now?

Megatron
19th February 2013, 07:07 PM
Quick question, so with the shattered glass chars, does that mean the a Decepticon is a bad guy, or a good guy? Does the usual groups matter now?

Well, it's open at the moment as to what role each faction will play. It will largely depend on what the RPG storyline will be, but I'm wanting to give the Decepticons more integrity so I was hoping that we could maybe create a new faction entirely that will play as the antagonists? If we can do this, then the SG Decepticons would be "good" but so would the normal Decepticons (are at least, more "good" than in canon or neutral). I hope that makes sense.

Lint
19th February 2013, 07:08 PM
Name: Strayacon

Vital Stats: 50

Affiliation: Decepticon

Function: Scout

3rd Ensign (EN-3) or Aircraftman (AC), Rank = 1

Alignment:
Neutral-Evil (NE)

Alt mode: Holden Kingswood "Sandman". Can also convert into coupe 'ute' variant. He also tows an Aussie tray trailer which can convert into a fixed mortar.

Small type:
Ground vehicle speed: +3,

Intelligence: 6
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Skill: 7

Armour Class:
Attack Power:
These will be determined for you by the GM.

Abilities:

Navigational: This gives a character the ability to decipher any available maps of an area. +3

Weapons:

"Gallipoli" the Handgun: +2

"Shiela" the Knife: +6

Mortar: 3 uses: +5

Feats: TBA

Description: Stayacon is part hermit, part murderer. He loves open spaces and prefers the company of nobody. Despite this he is not a bad team player and has considerable skill as a scout. Although not too clever, fast or powerful he posesses an olden-day type of intelligence. His most shining quality is his unwavering courage: the guts to stand tall in the face of danger and never give up. This is exceptionally rare in a Decepticon. In the wilderness he can use his bravery and knowhow to outwit his prey which gives the Decepitcons the opportunity to launch an abush or quietly slip away if necessary.

Back story: Strayacon migrated to Earth during the middle era of the Cybertronian exodus. Having grown weary of the hustle and bustle of Cybertronian life he quickly fell in love with the great unoccupied expanse and desolation of the Australian wilderness. Having adoptied Australian mannerisms, particularly of the most unpleasant sort, he quickly learned the ways of tracking, navigation and survival in the outback. As such he became a skilled scout. If you have ever heard gripping yarns from the bush such as strange lights, monsters, missing backpackers or dingos eating babies, this was probably Strayacon's doing as these things are the result of his most favoured pastime; driving people away from the bush. However this lifestyle would not last for long, Sooner or later the Decepticon cause caught up with him and he was kind of coerced back into service. Offering his skills as a outdoorsy-type-fella he hopes only to expedite the destruction of humans and the Autobots so that he might retire to his solitude in the Australian outback. He also hates the Autobot who calls himself Outback as he is the only one who can track him down and give away his position to a whole lot of pestering Autobot buggers.

Motto: "Piss off yer bloody drongo"

Megatron
19th February 2013, 07:32 PM
Ha ha... that's great, Lint, thanks. I'll need to go over it properly and I'll get back to you if there's anything that needs changing.

Bidoof: I've just had an idea, let me know if you like it. Megatron and Galvatron are both Decepticon leaders but they started to disagree with the way each ran things. Galvatron went a little nuts and started attacking everyone and everything without any reason, giving the Decepticons a very bad name... whilst Megs wanted power to the Decepticons but wasn't prepared to waste resources and blow potential partnerships with other races like Galvatron started to do. So now they are divided, with some Decepticons choosing to follow Galvatron, and others choosing Megs.

Let me know what you all think and if anyone has any other ideas or anything to add please post them.

Tetsuwan Convoy
19th February 2013, 08:01 PM
Well, it's open at the moment as to what role each faction will play. It will largely depend on what the RPG storyline will be, but I'm wanting to give the Decepticons more integrity so I was hoping that we could maybe create a new faction entirely that will play as the antagonists? If we can do this, then the SG Decepticons would be "good" but so would the normal Decepticons (are at least, more "good" than in canon or neutral). I hope that makes sense.

Aaah, OK I getcha!

And Splinter factions for the win! I think that is great! That means that types like Overlord and Straxxus can fit in as well! Huzzah!

Lindt: BIG THUMBS UP MATE:D

Megatron
20th February 2013, 10:31 AM
Name: Strayacon

Vital Stats: 50

Affiliation: Decepticon

Function: Scout

Alignment:
Neutral-Evil (NE)

Alt mode: Holden Kingswood "Sandman". Can also convert into coupe 'ute' variant. He also tows an Aussie tray trailer which can convert into a fixed mortar.

Small type:
Ground vehicle speed: +3

Intelligence: 6
Agility: 6 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Skill: 7

Armour Class:

Attack Power:
Robot Mode: 21
Alt Mode: 21

Evasive Maneuvers: 3

Abilities:

Weapons:

"Gallipoli" the Handgun: +2

"Shiela" the Knife: +6

Mortar: 3 10 uses: +5

Feats:
• Knowledge of terrains (can map an area quickly and identify the purpose of structures)
• Search area (can identify hidden enemies and hazards, and spot objectives from a distance)
• See traps (can see traps before activating them - short-range only)
• Hide in plain sight
• If not actively searched for, the possessor of this feat can blend in with the scene, disappear within a crowd or not arouse the suspicion of guards

Description: Stayacon is part hermit, part murderer. He loves open spaces and prefers the company of nobody. Despite this he is not a bad team player and has considerable skill as a scout. Although not too clever, fast or powerful he posesses an olden-day type of intelligence. His most shining quality is his unwavering courage: the guts to stand tall in the face of danger and never give up. This is exceptionally rare in a Decepticon. In the wilderness he can use his bravery and knowhow to outwit his prey which gives the Decepitcons the opportunity to launch an abush or quietly slip away if necessary.

Back story: Strayacon migrated to Earth during the middle era of the Cybertronian exodus. Having grown weary of the hustle and bustle of Cybertronian life he quickly fell in love with the great unoccupied expanse and desolation of the Australian wilderness. Having adoptied Australian mannerisms, particularly of the most unpleasant sort, he quickly learned the ways of tracking, navigation and survival in the outback. As such he became a skilled scout. If you have ever heard gripping yarns from the bush such as strange lights, monsters, missing backpackers or dingos eating babies, this was probably Strayacon's doing as these things are the result of his most favoured pastime; driving people away from the bush. However this lifestyle would not last for long, Sooner or later the Decepticon cause caught up with him and he was kind of coerced back into service. Offering his skills as a outdoorsy-type-fella he hopes only to expedite the destruction of humans and the Autobots so that he might retire to his solitude in the Australian outback. He also hates the Autobot who calls himself Outback as he is the only one who can track him down and give away his position to a whole lot of pestering Autobot buggers.

Motto: "Piss off yer bloody drongo"

Ok, I've ammended a few things, please see your character's profile above. Your Agility needs to be at least 7 (Scout), and your Rank should be 1 not 4. I've also added Feats, and assigned values for Armour Class and Attack Power.

Strayacon's total points add up to 71 at the moment, so you have 9 extra points you can allocate. You may disperse them amongst tech specs of your choice, or add new weapons/abilities, or a combination of both. Please let me know how you wish to allocate your 9 extra points.

I've also fine tuned AC and AP, and added Evasive Maneuvers to the Template.

Aaah, OK I getcha!

And Splinter factions for the win! I think that is great! That means that types like Overlord and Straxxus can fit in as well! Huzzah!

Exactly! Glad you approve. :)

Bidoofdude
20th February 2013, 08:44 PM
Liking the idea Megs.
Also, is there some kind of time machine or teleporter to bring characters from different continuities together or something? Because I think that this could work quite well with Shattered Glass characters being transported by the opposite faction (SG Deceps with Reg Autobots) and maybe something similar to Crystal Guardian Style tactics?
It's where they can read each others moves and calculate an exact copy to counter it. (http://adventuretime.wikia.com/wiki/Crystal_Guardian)

Megatron
20th February 2013, 08:53 PM
Liking the idea Megs.
Also, is there some kind of time machine or teleporter to bring characters from different continuities together or something? Because I think that this could work quite well with Shattered Glass characters being transported by the opposite faction (SG Deceps with Reg Autobots) and maybe something similar to Crystal Guardian Style tactics?
It's where they can read each others moves and calculate an exact copy to counter it. (http://adventuretime.wikia.com/wiki/Crystal_Guardian)

Great. :)

No what I'm trying to do is essentially dissolve separate continuities, so that there's only one "version" of each character in the RPG. So for example, there's no known separate G1 Megs and SG Megs or Prime Megs, but only the Megs that is in my profile. You can use the existing canonical profile from any continuity, or merge different traits from the various canonical versions into the one you will use in the RPG. For example, my Megs looks like SG Megs and has the same alt mode, his tech specs are from G1 Megs, but in the RPG he isn't identified with any continuity, he's just Megs.

We can definitely still have teleporters and such but that will be either derived from a character's ability, or planted within the RPG in either the Maps, or by the GMs directive during gameplay.

Bidoofdude
21st February 2013, 05:45 PM
Ok, cool. What about SG characters that don't have someone playing as the regular version? Will SGs be on good or evil or Autobot or Decepticon?

Megatron
21st February 2013, 06:14 PM
Ok, cool. What about SG characters that don't have someone playing as the regular version? Will SGs be on good or evil or Autobot or Decepticon?

Any character name, whether SG or otherwise, that has not already been taken can be used. It is then up to the player what alignment and faction they would be.

How are you going with your profiles?

Bidoofdude
21st February 2013, 06:39 PM
Any character name, whether SG or otherwise, that has not already been taken can be used. It is then up to the player what alignment and faction they would be.

How are you going with your profiles?

I'm going alright. Trying to get some good shots of TC. Might take some time.;)

Megatron
26th February 2013, 09:02 AM
Just a reminder to everyone who still has serious interest in this RPG. Getting your profiles posted and approved is an important first step so if you are still serious about joining, please let me know your progress and if you need any help don't be shy. You can even PM me for any help, questions or suggestions.

Meanwhile, I'm going to start work on writing and publishing a manual which you can then download, that will explain what everything means and how to play, in detail.

Bartrim
26th February 2013, 12:05 PM
Wish I had time for this :(

lancalot
27th February 2013, 11:32 AM
hey megatron , im going to drop out of the rpg for now , as im quiet busy with other stuff and wont be able to give it my all at the moment... im trying to get into the customization and that taking all my time . Ill keep reading the game but and might join the next one.

Megatron
27th February 2013, 11:37 AM
Wish I had time for this :(

You are still welcome to read it and give your support. :)

hey megatron , im going to drop out of the rpg for now , as im quiet busy with other stuff and wont be able to give it my all at the moment... im trying to get into the customization and that taking all my time . Ill keep reading the game but and might join the next one.

No problem, thanks for letting me know.

You're welcome to still follow the RPG and join in any time you are ready if you still want to.

Megatron
8th March 2013, 01:30 PM
If there isn't enough serious interest in this RPG shown soon, I'll have to place it on hold and maybe bring it up agan in about 6 months time. I understand that RL can get in the way for many of you, and there's a lot of official Transformers stuff going on at the moment like the upcoming Beast Hunters, BotCon and the continual line of new and exciting toys being unveiled and released, so it probably wasn't the best time for me to bring this up, anyway. I'll be honest and say that it is disappointing, especially since I was really looking foward to playing with you guys... but it's ok. I was probably expecting too much, too soon anyway.

If anyone would still like to post character profiles and are able to play each week, then please do so. I'll need at least two other serious players, then maybe we can get this going after all, which would be great. :) We especially need someone who is confident in playing for major character roles (Leader class) for opposing factions.

lancalot
8th March 2013, 06:20 PM
:( i was looking forward to reading the story etc....