PDA

View Full Version : The Elite

STL
9th July 2008, 01:00 AM
Who are your favourite toys? By this, I don't mean the ones you hold in high esteem. I'm talking about the ones that you constantly leave out to fiddle with, the one that always gets played with that little bit more than the rest. So that excludes childhood favourites/character preference. For instance, I love G1 Sunstreaker, Bludgeon, Thunderwing and Sideswipe but I sure as hell rarely even play with them. They're no fun.

My elite are:

- Classics Skyfire: (whatta surprise, huh? :p):
- TFM Voyager Ironhide
- Galaxy Force/Cybertron Evac
- Galaxy Force Autovolt/Cybertron Crosswise
- Animated Cybertron Optimus Prime
- TFM Longarm
- Henkei Optimus Prime
- Botcon 2008 Starscream
- Superlink Bruticus Maximus
- Henkei Megatron
- Titanium G1 Ultra Magnus

Of the lot, Classics Skyfire is bloody killing me. He's over at lcz128's joint for an upgrade and I haven't been able to play with him in a few days. Seriously contemplating grabbing one of my spares and opening him! The other one I love to bits if Bruticus Maximus. Great mold, great gestalt. Friggin' awesome toy.

I should mention what started this thread too. Per nigglin' from Demonac at our hunt one week ago, I was hassled about how many doubles I had. I started working through the list to get an idea of how many doubles I had. And then I started noticing a trend: the vast majority of toys I had multiples of were among my favourite toys to play with.

Sure, there were the odd exceptions like G1 stuff that came in different packaging/quality but most of the new MISB stuff I have are of now what I term "the elite" of my collection.

Oh and in case anyone's curious about my extras count:

- TFM Longarm (x4)
- Classics Skyfire (x5)
- TFM Ironhide (x4)
- Classics Prime (x2)
- Botcon 2008 Starscream (x2) : (when the spare arrives)
- Galaxy Force/Cybertron Evac (x3)
- Galaxy Force Autovolt/Cybertron Crosswise (x2)
- Animated Cybertron Optimus Prime (x2)
- Henkei Optimus Prime (x2)
- Henkei Megatron (x2)
- All Henkei's to date: Mirage, BB, Starscream, Grimlock (x2)
- Classics Grimlock (x3)
- Alternators Hot Rod (x2)
- BT-08 Meister (x2)
- TFM Landmine (x2)
- TFM Bumblebee Camaro 2008 (x3)
- TFM Leader Optimus Prime (x2)
- TFM Voyager Ratchet (x2)
- One spare set of all G1 Minibots
- x20 G1 toys including cassettes and first and second year cars or new packaging (Encore/TFC/Hasbro Commemorative etc (too lazy too list)

That total brings my double count to 66 if we count the first as a unique figure and only count the others as doubles. The only ones I don't have of the Elite that I feel compelled to find one of now are Titanium G1 Ultra Magnus and Bruticus Maximus. Spares of those would be lovely. (

Pulse
9th July 2008, 01:56 AM
Hmm, the ones I fiddle with the most...

Well, they'd have to be Classics Prime, Henkei Megs & all of my Alts/Binaltech :)

They sit out front & centre from the others & tease me "Come on Pulse - you know you wanna play with me..." :o

lcz128
9th July 2008, 07:09 AM
Of the lot, Classics Skyfire is bloody killing me. He's over at lcz128's joint for an upgrade and I haven't been able to play with him in a few days. Seriously contemplating grabbing one of my spares and opening him!

uh- you KNOW he's been done for days now, right? :b

Tober
9th July 2008, 07:39 AM
Currently-

G1 Ravage
Masterpiece MP-6 Skywarp
BT-03 Binaltech Streak
BT-13 Binaltech Laserwave
Kiss Pla Hot Rodimus
Alternators Ravage Jaguar XK
Cybertron Starscream TRU Exclusive
Movie Concept Camaro Bumblebee
Real Gear Booster x10
Music Label Soundwave Spark Blue

There is also several Macross Valkyries and a few Mospeada figures, they arn't transformerd much tho.

Paulbot
9th July 2008, 09:07 AM
Some of my on display and played with often toys are:

Classic/Henkei Astrotrain
Classic Optimus/Magnus
Energon Sky Shadow
Alt Windcharger/Decepticharge

TheDirtyDigger
9th July 2008, 09:53 AM
My elite (as display and posing goes)are...

-Custom Classics Sunstorm
-Custom Classics Thundercracker
-Custom Metallic Leader Movie Megs
-Custom Fragface (Landmine)
-Custom G1 Blackout (Whirl) (yeah I don't give a crap some pissy little Micromaster was called Blackout. My Blackout is the real one:p)
-Custom Quintesson Judge (not a Transformer:o)
-Alt Smokescreen
-MP Magnus
-Classics Skyfire
-Classics Cliffjumper (w/CJ head)
-Movie Wingblade
-Animated Prowl
-Animated Blackarachnia

iceburn
9th July 2008, 10:17 AM
i don't really have any Elite team around but i'm loving my collection as a whole. Been playing with my Animated toys at the moment and am loving them. i've also just opened the 2 pack carefully to remove the Prime's axe for the Voyager Prime which is way much cooler.

after watching Beast Machines these couple of days (thanks to Demonac for "pointing" the DVDs out to me during Kmart sale)...i think i've been drawn/hook to buying these toy figures as well. anyone wanna sell theirs??? :rolleyes: *keke*

Golden Phoenix
9th July 2008, 01:22 PM
At the moment the top 10 would be something like this
Beast Wars Snarl
Animated Grimlock
Animated Cybertron Optimus Prime
Armada Nemesis Prime
Beast Wars Tripredicus Agent
Movie Landmine
Classics Astrotrain
Classics Jetfire
EpII Jedi Starfighter Obi-Wan Kenobi
Cybertron Defence Scattorshot

Soundwarp
9th July 2008, 02:43 PM
G1 Skyfire

G1 Trypticon

jaydisc
9th July 2008, 03:26 PM
Classics:
Skyfire
Prime
Megatron
Mirage
Thrust

Movie:
Ironhide
Longarm
Bonecrusher

Animated
Cybertron Prime
Bulkhead

sifun
9th July 2008, 04:12 PM
Its now:

Universe Nemesis Prime [big convoy repaint]
Movie black Incinerater
animated starscream and bulkhead.

Classics and BTs are on display...

Lord_Zed
11th July 2008, 06:55 PM
This is a dificult question because of the wording, I only have a few TFs on display at one time outside of my small display cabinet. So the elite varies.

usualy the Elite is my latest TF who atm is movie Salvage, who I might keep out for a while because I really like his transformation.

Although I don't keep them out per-se I regularly fish one of my MP's (usualy Starscream or Skywarp) out of thier display cabinet and fly them around. Fragility fears of the MP's be damned, for me there to good not to fiddle with.

While you obvuously mean't TF's you did say toys. So I'll lits my other toy elites to, thier my new Valkyries, random Revoltechs and Cobra Commander, there's always a version of Cobra Commander out and about at my place, though which one varies.

STL
11th July 2008, 10:20 PM
Ooooh! Cobra Commander. A person favourite of mine.