PDA

View Full Version : Beast Machines toys

iceburn
9th July 2008, 10:17 AM
i don't really have any Elite team around but i'm loving my collection as a whole. Been playing with my Animated toys at the moment and am loving them. i've also just opened the 2 pack carefully to remove the Prime's axe for the Voyager Prime which is way much cooler.

after watching Beast Machines these couple of days (thanks to Demonac for "pointing" the DVDs out to me during Kmart sale)...i think i've been drawn/hook to buying these toy figures as well. anyone wanna sell theirs??? :rolleyes: *keke*

Paulbot
9th July 2008, 10:35 AM
after watching Beast Machines these couple of days (thanks to Demonac for "pointing" the DVDs out to me during Kmart sale)...i think i've been drawn/hook to buying these toy figures as well.
You might be heading towards disappointment... (but NightViper and Blackarachnia are great toys.)

Kyle
9th July 2008, 10:39 AM
Supreme Primal is not bad though. I also kinda like Blast Punch Primal... :p

Paulbot
9th July 2008, 10:41 AM
I do have a Supreme Cheetor I could part with...

And I moved this discussion from "The elite" thread

The problem is if you're watching the cartoon you will be disappointed at how far removed from the animation most of the toys are. The animation gives most characters very slender limbs and bodies and fakes the transformation with morphing. The toys are very different 'beasts'.

The Vehicons are better, but the smaller drones are more like the show characters.

Burn
9th July 2008, 10:47 AM
I found the Maximal toys seriously sucked (though Rattrap is quite fun) whereas the Vehicons are bloody good.

iceburn
9th July 2008, 10:48 AM
Thanks Paul.
Just a note...I'm still not a BIG FAN of Beast Wars though.
Ok..so what should /should not i get???

In Collection:
Battle Unicorn

GET:
NightViper
Blackarachnia

DO NOT GET:
Supreme Cheetor!!! *keke*

PENDING:
Tankor? can't believe he's actually Rhinox turned evil [spoiler?]
Jetstorm?
Megatron (Dragon)?
Motorcycle and Tank Drones?

Kyle
9th July 2008, 10:52 AM
Maybe Megatron Megabolt as well...

Pulse
9th July 2008, 10:52 AM
There's only 2 BM figures you should get:

NightViper &
Blackarachnia

(the rest deserve to get eaten by Unicron :p)

STL
9th July 2008, 11:03 AM
I liked Tankor as a toy. I didn't think he was too bad. Nor were many of the little Scout like toys like Mirage and co. I'll have to dig into my DB but I myself didn't think the toys are that bad.

kup
9th July 2008, 11:11 AM
I have Air Raptor for sale.

i_amtrunks
9th July 2008, 11:15 AM
Tankor and Black Arachnia are worth getting, and the Air Blast Punch Prime from the RID series looks mighty good too.

Other than that I can say that the BM toys are fairly pitiful.

iceburn
9th July 2008, 11:44 AM
Updated my list...

In Collection:
Battle Unicorn

GET: (in the near near future)
NightViper
Blackarachnia
Tankor! can't believe he's actually Rhinox turned evil [spoiler?]
Megatron (Dragon)
Megatron Megabolt

DO NOT GET:

PENDING:
Air Raptor (from kup)
Jetstorm?

Anyone has them here in Melbourne...would like to have a go at them first?

Lord_Zed
9th July 2008, 12:10 PM
I kinda like Beast Machines Tankor and Deluxe Jetstorm, they look nothing like the cartoon though, but as toys there kinda funky, most of the Veichons were decent toys they were also different from other lines stylewise. I also agree that Nightviper is awesome, best maximal they released.

Anyways as I sadly need to sell some of my TFS I have a number of beast machines toys to sell, PM me if your interested in any of the following.

Deluxe
Blackarachnia
Jetstorm
Optimus Primal
Blastcharge

Basic
Mirage
Geckobot

SofaMan
9th July 2008, 12:22 PM
Thanks Paul.
Just a note...I'm still not a BIG FAN of Beast Wars though.
Ok..so what should /should not i get???

In Collection:
Battle Unicorn

GET:
NightViper
Blackarachnia

DO NOT GET:

PENDING:
Tankor? can't believe he's actually Rhinox turned evil [spoiler?]
Jetstorm?
Megatron (Dragon)?

The BW TM2 dragon is much better than the BM dragon.
Megabolt Megatron's nifty if you can get a hold of him.
I was quite partial to Beast Changer (Savage/Noble) as well.
Blast Punch Optimus Primal is worth it.
Night Slash (!) Cheetor, despite being the wrong colours, is actually a much better Cheetor than the Mega or Supreme versions, and has the swords built in.
I actually thought Obsidian and Strika were okay too. Well, Strika anyway.

Burn
9th July 2008, 12:50 PM
Silverbolt. Fantastic toy. Great alt mode, great robot mode, great colours.

... nah i'm kidding. BM Silverbolt could in fact be one of the worst TF's ever. Possibly worse than Supreme Cheetor (who is nifty for scaring your cats with).

Gutsman Heavy
9th July 2008, 01:54 PM
the only BM I want is Beast Changer.

iceburn
9th July 2008, 02:46 PM
what's Beast Changer? ohh i'm up to the last episode of Season One, Disc Two.
Are there only 2 Seasons for BM???

Ohh Paul, I'll return your BW DVDs soon.

Burn
9th July 2008, 02:55 PM
Are there only 2 Seasons for BM???

Yeah. Which may or may not be a good thing depending on how you take the final episode.

Still though, I felt it was a pretty good series and a vastly different story from the whole "Transformers crash/come to Earth in search of energon/minicons/allspark" storylines.

kup
9th July 2008, 03:00 PM
Silverbolt. Fantastic toy. Great alt mode, great robot mode, great colours.

... nah i'm kidding. BM Silverbolt could in fact be one of the worst TF's ever. Possibly worse than Supreme Cheetor (who is nifty for scaring your cats with).

I am sure that if there was a competition of 'Worse TF toy Ever' all the finalists will be from Beast Machines.

It says a lot about its creator :rolleyes:

Pulse
9th July 2008, 03:35 PM
I am sure that if there was a competition of 'Worse TF toy Ever' all the finalists will be from Beast Machines.

It says a lot about its creator :rolleyes:

There should be a "special award" at the "Toy Oscars" entitled the "Aaron Archer award for Incompetence" which goes to the individual who has made the dumbest decisions regarding toys... :p

Burn
9th July 2008, 04:19 PM

Oh come now, you seem to be forgetting the wonderful "robot in disguise" that is Energon Ironhide!

"MUMMY MUMMY MUMMY! That car that just drove past had a head on top of it!" :p

Despite their (numerous/many/holy crap why do they all suck so badly?) faults, the BM toys still at least retained the robots in disguise concept.

But yeah, there'd be a number of them making the finals that's for sure.

kup
9th July 2008, 04:44 PM
Despite their (numerous/many/holy crap why do they all suck so badly?) faults, the BM toys still at least retained the robots in disguise concept.

That is certainly a bold statement :D Particularly when it comes to the Maximals who just look like multi colored Alien monster freaks.

Demonac
9th July 2008, 05:01 PM
I think the Vehicons on the whole were quite good, with pretty much all of them worth getting.
As for the Maximals, my picks are: Blackarachnia, Snarl, Skydive, Nightviper, Buzzsaw, Beast Changer, N.S. Cheetor & Hammerstrike.
Silverbolts main problem is that he's not supposed to be an eagle...he's a griffin (not the burger making kind).

Kyle
9th July 2008, 07:59 PM
I'm surprised no one seems to like Air Attack Supreme Primal... :o

1orion2many
9th July 2008, 09:36 PM
:)I pretty much have all the BM toys, the only one I considered a complete flop was the deluxe blue Monkey Optimus(What an absolute horror:eek:). Strika I would highly recommend and Beast changer as well.:)

dirge
9th July 2008, 10:05 PM
Updated my list...

GET: (in the near near future)
NightViper
Blackarachnia
Tankor! can't believe he's actually Rhinox turned evil [spoiler?]
Megatron (Dragon)
Megatron Megabolt

DO NOT GET:

The tank drone, while smaller, is better than Tankor - looks more like the Tankor we saw in the show.

BM Megatron is.... a deluxe with a stubbiewarmer around it. Not that impressive.

iceburn
9th July 2008, 10:18 PM
Thanks guys...its been very informative.
I guess i'll get those highly recommended ones first and work my way down the characters/moulds.

GoktimusPrime
9th July 2008, 11:47 PM
Beast Changer is known as Noble/Savage in the show. They used the name Beast Changer because Hasbro was unable to secure the rights to the Noble/Savage name for the toy. And yeah, it's a very pretty nice toy. :) The Deployers are also fun to play with, but they don't appear in the show (but they do appear in comics).

STL
9th July 2008, 11:50 PM
Silverbolt's main problem is that he's not supposed to be an eagle...he's a griffin (not the burger making kind).

ROFL! :D

iceburn
11th July 2008, 10:51 AM
ahhh Noble/Savage is nice...
guys..what about Megabolt Megatron..looks like a BIG tick (the pest on dogs) to me :P

also..in the final episode...what has megatron become? any toy figures for that? Primal Megatron?

GoktimusPrime
11th July 2008, 06:33 PM
Megabolt Megatron is pretty ordinary... it's better than the first BM Megatron toy, but that's not saying much.

The Megabolt Megatron toy's alt mode is okay, but the legs look really stupid. And it cannot transform into its assault mode, instead it has a robot mode. I can understand this from a toy marketing POV, but it's detractive in terms of show-accuracy. The toy would've been so much better if it didn't have the stupid undercarriage with the wheels and bug legs. Blargh.

kup
11th July 2008, 06:35 PM
also..in the final episode...what has megatron become? any toy figures for that? Primal Megatron?

The only toy that I can think of which is more representative of that is Titanium Optimal Optimus. Only because he lacks an Ape mode and so that 'Optimal Megatron'.

Edit: Sorry I had called Titanium OP OP 'Megatron' by mistake.

GoktimusPrime
11th July 2008, 10:29 PM
But doesn't that figure have OpOp's face? :/ A retool of that figure with Megatron's face would be a really neat limited exclusive figure.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/transformers/images/thumb/d/dc/Optimalmegatronoptimusprimal.jpg/150px-Optimalmegatronoptimusprimal.jpg

iceburn
11th July 2008, 10:54 PM
But doesn't that figure have OpOp's face? :/ A retool of that figure with Megatron's face would be a really neat limited exclusive figure.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/transformers/images/thumb/d/dc/Optimalmegatronoptimusprimal.jpg/150px-Optimalmegatronoptimusprimal.jpg

totally agreeeeeeeeeeeeee

kup
11th July 2008, 11:38 PM

That's why I said "more representative" rather than 'representing'.

The lack of Beast Mode makes it the closest thing.