PDA

View Full Version : Henkei Skyfire & Ramjet galleries.

griffin
9th July 2008, 02:32 PM
As with other Henkei, there are some paint and chrome apps added.

Skyfire:
http://www.actoys.net/bbs/read.php?tid-274612.html

Ramjet:
http://www.actoys.net/bbs/read.php?tid-277772.html

kup
9th July 2008, 02:39 PM
On Both I prefer the Hasbro version. However Henkei Jetfire's head is nicer and Jetfire overall is really on par with Hasbro's.

When it comes to Ramjet, Hasbro's is considerably better in my oppinion.

Pulse
9th July 2008, 02:45 PM
I like this comment by Sledge I found on Seibertron (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/henkei-skyfirenew-pictures-showing-details-and-differences/13476/):

"Dear Takara,

Please stop slapping chrome on your Transformers until you learn to put it in places where it makes sense.

Love and kisses,

The internet."

:D

kup
9th July 2008, 03:15 PM
I like this comment by Sledge I found on Seibertron (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/henkei-skyfirenew-pictures-showing-details-and-differences/13476/):

"Dear Takara,

Please stop slapping chrome on your Transformers until you learn to put it in places where it makes sense.

Love and kisses,

The internet."

:D

I read that too and I think its stupid. With the exception of Henkei Grimlock, Takara has done an excellent job of applying chrome to the figures.

I am more inclined to think that the sentiment comes more from the typical 'I cannot stand that someone else is getting something better than me and I will ridicule them' reaction than any genuine criticism.

jaydisc
9th July 2008, 03:58 PM
I'm with Kup in that i think the choices of where to apply the chrome are excellent, specifically Prime. I don't agree so much with the bronze (BB and HR). Also, I think the chrome adds a wonderful aspect of nostalgia, which for this line of figures, is wholly appropriate.

I think both Jetfire and Ramjet look as great as all the rest of the Henkei's and I will have them all! :D

Robzy
9th July 2008, 04:03 PM
Yeah, sorry Pulse... :o I'm with Kup and Jaydisc! The chrome has been excellent so far on the Henkeis! Overall they are all sooo much better than Classics IMO! :)

I actually don't mind Ramjet! The white feet and white arms are very G1. I also like the fact that his wings are red on the underside too!

Lord_Zed
9th July 2008, 05:11 PM
I slightly Prefer the Henkei's as they are just that much more acurate to the G1 versions.

Although Skyfire is a bit plain I find that it works for me more than I thought it would and evokes more of his cartoon visage. Suprisingly I find myself impressed that Takara coloured in part of his cockpit as that makes him appear to be a bigger aircraft. Something that bugs me about the Jetfire/Skyfire is that its a hybrid of toy and show which for me doesn't quite work. I would have prefered they went one direction or the other. Takara have tried to push Skyfire more toward the Cartoon and I appreciate that.

That said neither is amazing enough to make me repalce the toys I have.

Pulse
9th July 2008, 05:19 PM
I read that too and I think its stupid. With the exception of Henkei Grimlock, Takara has done an excellent job of applying chrome to the figures.

I am more inclined to think that the sentiment comes more from the typical 'I cannot stand that someone else is getting something better than me and I will ridicule them' reaction than any genuine criticism.

I'm with Kup in that i think the choices of where to apply the chrome are excellent, specifically Prime. I don't agree so much with the bronze (BB and HR). Also, I think the chrome adds a wonderful aspect of nostalgia, which for this line of figures, is wholly appropriate.

Yeah, sorry Pulse... :o I'm with Kup and Jaydisc!

Woah! Back the truck up! Beep Beep Beep... :p

I never said I agreed with the comment I found on Seibertron :confused:

The reason I posted that comment is because I found it funny :D

Is this "gang-up on Pulse day" or something? :rolleyes:

Zippo
9th July 2008, 05:48 PM
They both look lovely, pitty I can't afford them this month at all.. Have to hope and cross fingers etc that they will still be around for retail prices in a few months.

kup
9th July 2008, 05:49 PM
Woah! Back the truck up! Beep Beep Beep... :p

I never said you did :)

My comments are about the comment not you.

Pipesqueak
9th July 2008, 05:55 PM
I prefer the Hasbro versions in both cases, because I have come to appreciate the line as UPDATES to the G1 characters, so slavish 'G1 accuracy' is not paramount. For example, I would favour classics over henkei starscream if not for the horrible qc problems on the classics version. In some cases, like Megatron and Astrotrain, the henkeis are undeniably better, but overall I'm surprised at how well the classics are stacking up.

jaydisc
9th July 2008, 05:55 PM
I never said you did :)

My comments are about the comment not you.

+1

Kyle
9th July 2008, 07:02 PM
I actually like Henkei Skyfire. Too bad I'm already broke. :o

Golden Phoenix
9th July 2008, 07:50 PM
I think Takara has it hit and miss when it comes to the chrome
Prime, Bumblebee, Astrotrain and Rodimus (sorta) have been fine, same goes for where it appears to be on Prowl and Sunstreaker.
But some of the others isn't as good.
Grimlock and Megatron were both cases where they missed the mark and hit the ground behind the target. Where they put chrome on them sticks out like a soar thumb and amkes the rest of the figures look dull. Damn shame too.
Rodimus shouldn't have had chromed headlights. The other piece was fine but they should have chromed the tip of his gun,the pipes down his sides, his engine or on his wheels.
Starscream's chrome just looks oddly placed, although I am having a hard time finding placed that should be chromed. The could have done the whole launcher though, it looks strange with just the ring around it. I think the missiles of it would have looked nice chromed, they could have done that shine that you'd see when he points them at someone, but then the chrome would probably flake easy on a part that gets shot out a lot.
Skyfire looks ok. I am curios to see where else they chromed or if it is just the booster's end.
As for Ramjet, from the looks of it they haven't copied Starscream, which is good. I just noticed that they chromed the cockpit. That is a good spot to chrome. Out of harms way and looks kinda cool. I like how the did the tail fins on him though, I guess it is harder for them to chrome the fins on Starscream because the are moving parts....

dirge
9th July 2008, 09:13 PM
Is this "gang-up on Pulse day" or something? :rolleyes:

STACKS ON!!!

Regardless of whether or not the chrome works, I really do appreciate Takara's thoughtfulness :):):):):)

Whichever <bleep> <bleep> <bleep> decided to make Powerglide white with orange breasts should really take a look at Takara's Henkai toys :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

GoktimusPrime
9th July 2008, 10:34 PM
nuh, the images on those links are taking forever to load... I got sick of waiting and found some other ones from Google.

Skyfire (http://www.fantofan.jp/earlybirdsp/tfhenkei-c-06skyfire.jpg)
Ramjet (http://www.digital-toys.com/TCRAMJP.gif)

Whichever <bleep> <bleep> <bleep> decided to make Powerglide white with orange breasts should really take a look at Takara's Henkai toys
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/transformers/images/thumb/9/96/AngryArcher02.jpg/150px-AngryArcher02.jpg "One Dominos Pizza to go!"

kurdt_the_goat
9th July 2008, 10:45 PM
It's definitely a slow loading site, but those pics you linked are not representative Goktimus!
Try these galleries:
Ramjet (http://tformers.com/ig.php?mode=album&album=9794&dispsize=800&start=0)
Skyfire (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/universe-classics-20-29/new-images-of-upcoming-henkei-skyfire-165328/)

STL
9th July 2008, 11:06 PM
STACKS ON!!!

WAHHHOOOO!!!!!

*Peers over Iceburn*

Hey guys, is he dead yet? I don't think he has a pulse. :p

Oh and I'm with Kup, Jaydisc, Robzy and Dirge. ;)

And Zippo, what r u tied up with? Another impressive bulk buy? :p

Robzy
10th July 2008, 11:44 AM

The reason I posted that comment is because I found it funny :D

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk199/sunglikeahorse/optimusprimehead.jpg

Oh and I'm with Kup, Jaydisc, Robzy and Dirge. ;)LOL!!! :D

iceburn
10th July 2008, 12:14 PM
WAHHHOOOO!!!!!

*Peers over Iceburn*

Hey guys, is he dead yet? I don't think he has a pulse. :p

Oh and I'm with Kup, Jaydisc, Robzy and Dirge. ;)

did i just lose the plot here?
what's up...another bulk buy??????????
i'm as dead as i'm alive

Pulse
10th July 2008, 01:27 PM
It's ok Guys :)

Let's let this slide... ----------------> :D

TheDirtyDigger
10th July 2008, 02:49 PM
Henky Ramjet looks so much better than Classics Ramjet.:)

Zippo
10th July 2008, 06:14 PM

Upcoming Singapore trip...

STL
10th July 2008, 09:20 PM
Upcoming Singapore trip...

Now, someone shouldn't be whining. :p

1orion2many
11th July 2008, 01:51 PM
:confused:They are alright but certainly don't scream double up on your figures and buy me because I'm so much better. If chrome is what turns you on then you better get a couple of these figures because if you like transforming them I can guarantee you it will not stay all nice and chrome forever.:rolleyes:

DigDug
11th July 2008, 03:58 PM
Hmm... I much prefer classics Ramjet. The Henkei's chromed engines (& tailfins?) just look silly :confused:. The plastic maroon colour also looks a little off (too light) in most of the shots for my liking. Even though the wings look more G1-like on the Henkei version I have grown to prefer the classics paint job over this look.

Overall, I would prefer Henkei Skyfire for his paint job but the chromed nozzles look similarly out of place here too.

I hope there is a decent Henkei version of Devastator with chrome in the right places. I really miss the (non)chrome bits on that toy :D

Robzy
11th July 2008, 08:20 PM
I gotta say, I think I prefer all the Henkeis over the Classics! I mean, don't get me wrong, the Classics are excellent! I just think, given the choice - as I will be with "Classics 2.0" - I would probably choose the Henkeis first and foremost!

GoktimusPrime
11th July 2008, 09:24 PM
I agree. If you missed Classics, then get Henkei. And I'm going to try and resist Universe and hold out for the Henkei versions.

Pulse
11th July 2008, 09:27 PM
But when you see 'em on the shelf, it's gonna be mighty hard to leave 'em behind... ;)

STL
11th July 2008, 09:31 PM
But when you see 'em on the shelf, it's gonna be mighty hard to leave 'em behind... ;)

What's wrong w/ all u pansies? Nothing wrong with having a double or three. :D

Pulse
11th July 2008, 09:33 PM
What's wrong w/ all u pansies? Nothing wrong with having a double or three. :D

or 7... :D

STL
11th July 2008, 09:38 PM
or 7... :D

Oi! 2 of those are for custom paint jobs which means I only have 5!

Pulse
11th July 2008, 09:44 PM
That may be the case but it doesn't mean I'm not allowed to rib you about it anyway... ;)

Oh & BTW, I hope you keep us updated on WIP on Classics Liokaiser :)

STL
11th July 2008, 10:13 PM
That may be the case but it doesn't mean I'm not allowed to rib you about it anyway... ;)

Oh & BTW, I hope you keep us updated on WIP on Classics Liokaiser :)

Figures are being worked on atm and first half was paid yesterday. So about 3 weeks between now and when he finishes. I'll post pics when he does come through. The other one I'd die for is Classics Overlord.

Gutsman Heavy
11th July 2008, 10:29 PM
I'm really liking Skyfire! And the fact he's called Skyfire!

does this make him the first G1 Skyfire toy?

kup
11th July 2008, 10:42 PM
I am thinking of possibly getting Universe Powerglide later on when he goes on special or second hand from someone. I only want it so that i can swap the arms with Henkei for a more G1 accurate look.

STL
11th July 2008, 10:50 PM
I am thinking of possibly getting Universe Powerglide later on when he goes on special or second hand from someone. I only want it so that i can swap the arms with Henkei for a more G1 accurate look.

Great minds think alike! :)

griffin
12th July 2008, 11:38 AM
I'm really liking Skyfire! And the fact he's called Skyfire!

does this make him the first G1 Skyfire toy?

'fraid not. There was one released in RiD in 2001,

http://www.tfu.info/2001/Decepticon/Skyfire/skyfire.htm

but this Henkei one is the first to be coloured to resemble the gen1 Skyfire character.

GoktimusPrime
12th July 2008, 01:02 PM
He said G1 Skyfire toy. :p

Well... technically G1 Jetfire was the first G1 Skyfire toy. But if you're talking about the first toy to resemble the way that Jetfire/Skyfire was drawn in the cartoon and comics (which was done to obviously avoid being sued by Big West/Harmony Gold; the companies which own Macross & Robotech respectively) then yeah, Classics/Henkei Jet/Skyfire is the first. And Henkei Skyfire is the first toy to be modelled (at least partially - remember that it is still half Valkyrie) after Jet/Skyfire's Marvel model and to be named Skyfire. But that's because the Jetfire toy was never released in Japan and the character was only ever known as Skyfire in Japan in the cartoon. For the Anglophone market, the character was only known as Skyfire in the cartoon but called Jetfire everywhere else (toy, comics, books etc).

Robzy
12th July 2008, 06:54 PM
Yeah, I was gonna say... the RiD Skyfire was a Decepticon! This is the first "G1" style Skyfire!

GoktimusPrime
12th July 2008, 08:04 PM
It's also cool how Classics Jetfire appears in IDW. :)

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/transformers/images/thumb/1/1e/Jetfireclassics.jpg/180px-Jetfireclassics.jpg

griffin
12th July 2008, 09:30 PM
Yeah, my bad for not seeing the 'G1'...