PDA

View Full Version : What vehicle has never been a TF that you'd like to see?

BigTransformerTrev
23rd February 2013, 03:22 PM
I remember a few years ago driving and seeing an empty logging truck coming the other way. The barbs on its back were pulled up over the top and trailing in an arc down it's back and I though 'By Primus, they need to make a Decepticon out of one of those! It would be wicked!'

So here's a fun little thread, what vehicle/s have yet to be made into Transformers that you'd like to see and why? I've put a bunch up in a poll but I'm sure people can think of others.

My suggestions:

Pimpmobile: Jazz's funkier cousin, like catnip to the femmebots

Limousine: Like 'Stretch' out of the Allspark Almanac II

Logging Truck: Such as I described earlier

Airport Ladder Truck: Such as from the Simpsons Halloween TF episode

Blimp: Such as Scourge from Hearts of Steel

Submersible: Those little deep-dive buggers marine biologists use

Golf Kart: Because it would be funny

Tram/Trolley: Either a modern tram like in Melbourne or an old fashioned Trolley like in Hearts of Steel

Passenger Bus: Good way to kidnap/rescue multiple humans

Pogo-Stick: Hey, we had a Mini-Con that turned into a skateboard so why not? And funnier to watch than the golf kart!

Yacht: Could be a rich, fancy friend of Mirage's

Harvester: Farming machinery by day, Decepticon with multiple spinning blades at night

Road Surfacer: Because they are damned weird looking!

Oil Tanker Ship: Bigger than Broadside and a way to transport massive amounts of energon

Other

So:
Which do you:

A: Think would make a great toy?
B: What purpose would its alt-mode serve and which side?

Hursticon
23rd February 2013, 06:49 PM
Limousine for sure! :D

Transformers needs a Tux-analogue (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZmEvIxig04) something fierce & yes it indeed should be called 'Stretch' if 'Tux' isn't available. ;):cool:

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/Animated_Tux_by_a_loft_on_cybertron_zpsa1206239.jp g
(Originally drawn by ~a-loft-on-cybertron (http://fav.me/d2tlu83) :))

I'd then like to see this figure get retooled & repainted into a Hearse:

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/TFA_OC_Grave_Robber_by_chief_orc_zpsfc0ed682.jpg
(Originally drawn by ~Chief-Orc (http://fav.me/d22j3m9) :))

Sharky
23rd February 2013, 07:27 PM
Other

A DeLorean
Autobot
Function: Time Enforcement Officer...

keeping that timeline Galvatron Free

BigTransformerTrev
23rd February 2013, 07:47 PM
Other

A DeLorean
Autobot
Function: Time Enforcement Officer...

keeping that timeline Galvatron Free

There was a Delorian - 'Swindler' - a Micromaster from G1. Though it would have been more fun if he had been up to the antics that you describe :)

Sharky
23rd February 2013, 07:52 PM
There was a Delorian - 'Swindler' - a Micromaster from G1. Though it would have been more fun if he had been up to the antics that you describe :)

There you go i would never of pegged that for a delorian.....

Autocon
23rd February 2013, 08:11 PM
That is a hearse:p

A bus. Double decker

GoktimusPrime
23rd February 2013, 08:21 PM
1. B (http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/download/file.php?id=17344&mode=view)U (http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Transformer+Made+Original+Bus+Parts+Takes+4OQ9a8nf eLvl.jpg)S (http://www.repubblica.it/images/2012/07/22/212940820-c9806421-4e6e-479c-a25c-a30562b53879.jpg)
http://i891.photobucket.com/albums/ac114/tigkal_photos/transformer1.jpg (http://image.tradevv.com/2010/03/25/ronghuatoys_1804897_600/1-72-alloy-bus-transformer.jpg)

In 29 years of Transformers we've never ever seen a bus (or trams for that matter). As part of the whole "Robots In Disguise" motif, I'd love to see more really ordinary every-day vehicles that wouldn't draw attention to themselves. We've had lots of military vehicles and exotic sports cars, which are extremely attention-drawing, which brings me to my next point...

2. ORDINARY CARS (i.e. regular civilian cars that aren't sports or racing cars)

One of my favourite moments from The Dark Knight Rises:
Alfred Pennyworth: "Will you be wanting the Batpod, sir?"
Bruce Wayne: "In the middle of the day, Alfred? Not very subtle."
Alfred Pennyworth: "The Lamborghini, then. Much more subtle."
:rolleyes:

In a way, I actually preferred movie Bumblebee in the beginning of the first movie when he was a beat up 70s Camaro. As sexy as the Concept Camaro upgrade was, it just lacked that robot in disguise element that the 70s Camaro^Monaro had. You don't often see too many new concept cars driving on regular roads, but it's not uncommon to see a Classic 70s or 80s style muscle car.

Yes, we have had some ordinary cars before -- including: Bumblejumper (Mazda 323), G1 Bumblebee (VW Beetle), Wild Ride/X-Brawn (ML320 SUV), BT Skids/Broadblast (Toyota bB/Rukus), ROTF Skids & Mudflap (ice cream truck), ROTF/DOTM Skids & Mudflap (Chevy Beat hatchback & Chevy Trax mini-SUV respectively). But we have more sports and racing and futuristic/Cybertronian cars than we do have actually ordinary street cars in Transformers. I'd love to see a Toyota Corolla or Mazda 3 (fitting for a Generations Bumblejumper toy) etc.

3. TAXI
We've only ever had one - Universe Overcharge - which was nothing more than a repaint of a sub-standard Mini-Con. We need more and better Taxiformers!

To the FanFic-mobile! :p ;)

SMHFConvoy
23rd February 2013, 08:36 PM
I'd like to see more vintage cars, concept vehicles and experimental aircraft :-)

BigTransformerTrev
23rd February 2013, 09:08 PM

3. TAXI
We've only ever had one - Universe Overcharge - which was nothing more than a repaint of a sub-standard Mini-Con. We need more and better Taxiformers!

There was also the special convention-released TFPrime two-pack of a pink coloured Acree and Bumblebee as a New York Cab.

BigTransformerTrev
23rd February 2013, 09:11 PM
There you go i would never of pegged that for a delorian.....

No, neither did I. The only reason I know is about a month ago I got the MM patrol that he is part of and looked up his bio online. 2 different sites had him listed as a DeLorean. Before that I had no clue :p

Slag
23rd February 2013, 09:15 PM
Had a good chuckle at the Transportmer... They could do a Ghostbuster/TF crossover Ecto 1 for the hearse. Or a Back to the Future crossover Delorian.

I'd always like to see more Aussie cars.
I'll have to have a bit of a think about it.

how bout a Bobcat. or one of those Manitou forklifts. they look pretty cool.
or a concrete profiler.... Profil,,,or.:rolleyes:

Kapryiath
23rd February 2013, 09:19 PM
I've always wanted an r34 gtr skyline as a decepticon alternator, perhaps paying homage to one of the stunticons or maybe as autobot drift :D
but alas alternity gave us the r35 gtr so i seriously doubt they'll ever use the older car model for anything :(

GoktimusPrime
23rd February 2013, 09:35 PM
There was also the special convention-released TFPrime two-pack of a pink coloured Acree and Bumblebee as a New York Cab.
Yes true, but it's just another repaint. We've never had a purpose-made Taxi TF mould. And IMHO TFP Bumblebee as a taxi doesn't work all that well; it's basically a muscle car with taxi decos on it. There's no retooling to add a taxi roof light. At least Overcharge had a roof light (even if it was purely because the original of the mould was a police car - it's nothing more than a full white strobe light :rolleyes:).

Had a good chuckle at the Transportmer... They could do a Ghostbuster/TF crossover Ecto 1 for the hearse. Or a Back to the Future crossover Delorian.
The issue would be for Hasbro to acquire licensing rights from those respective copyright holders. Although it'd be neat if Hasbro could do say Transformers based on the 1959 Cadillac Eldorado and DeLorean (Generations Swindler anyone?) -- then fans could customise them as the Ecto-1 and Back to the Future DeLorean (I could imagine some 3rd party making an add on back with different versions of the Flux Capacitor etc. to make the DeLorean Time Machine look like how it did in the various films (http://www.coolthings.com.au/sites/default/files/delorean-trilogy-pack-cars.jpg)).

I'd always like to see more Aussie cars.
That was again something I thought was really cool about the first incarnation of Movie Bumblebee as the Monaro. :D I remember how excited Aussie fans got when news about that first hit the net. ;)

BigTransformersTrev: do you mind if we also discuss non-vehicular alt modes (e.g. beast modes) that we'd like to see in this thread too?

Omega Metro
23rd February 2013, 10:02 PM
How about a sewerage truck. Would have to be a Decepticon with all that 'crap' to spray over all the humans.
Has a submarine ever been used?
Cruise ship?

Demonac
23rd February 2013, 10:03 PM
That was again something I thought was really cool about the first incarnation of Movie Bumblebee as the Monaro. :D I remember how excited Aussie fans got when news about that first hit the net. ;)

The first movie BB was a second generation Camaro (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Camaro_(second_generation)). I don't know why you keep calling it a Monaro (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holden_Monaro#First_generation_.281968.E2.80.93197 1.29).

GoktimusPrime
23rd February 2013, 10:34 PM
The first movie BB was a second generation Camaro (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Camaro_(second_generation)). I don't know why you keep calling it a Monaro (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holden_Monaro#First_generation_.281968.E2.80.93197 1.29).
When news of Bumblebee being a 70s Camaro emerged, I recall Australians getting excited and referring to it as a Monaro.
http://phorums.com.au/showthread.php?215509-Holden-Monaro-spotted-on-set-of-Transformers-the-movie!&

Either way, I like it cos it's a more "ordinary" looking car and not as exotic as the Concept Camaro. It's kinda funny that rare and exotic cars have become so common as alt modes in Transformers, that just plain regular cars feel more exotic to me! We've had umpteen muscle cars, sports cars and racing cars... zero Toyota Crowns! ;)

I'd also really love to see a Mini-Con or Legion Class Goggomobil.
Alright, how many of you just had your inside voice go "Jee-Oh-Jee-Jee-Oh"? (;

VERT
23rd February 2013, 10:36 PM
I would like a good old 1960s ford Mustang :D

Ae-Evolution
23rd February 2013, 10:42 PM
An AE-86 Corolla/Tureno ladled as Autobot drift. (Get it?)

I'd love to see just a bunch of Kei car and more JDM rides.

Demonac
23rd February 2013, 10:48 PM
When news of Bumblebee being a 70s Camaro emerged, I recall Australians getting excited and referring to it as a Monaro.

I think your memory circuits are faulty. :p

Either way, I like it cos it's a more "ordinary" looking car and not as exotic as the Concept Camaro. It's kinda funny that rare and exotic cars have become so common as alt modes in Transformers, that just plain regular cars feel more exotic to me! We've had umpteen muscle cars, sports cars and racing cars... zero Toyota Crowns! ;)

The Camaro IS a muscle car though. The movie line gave us other 'regular' cars though: Mudflap, Skids, Swerve, Swindle, Wheeljack, Crankcase, Jolt & Stockade.

GoktimusPrime
23rd February 2013, 11:08 PM
I think your memory circuits are faulty. :p
I wouldn't remember. :p

The Camaro IS a muscle car though.
Yeah I know, but given its age it looks/feels more mundane than a modern muscle car. As a 70s Camaro Bumblebee was able to disguise himself in a dodgy used car lot. As a Concept Camaro he draws heaps of attention to himself wherever he goes (like on uni campuses ;)). G1 Downshift feels like a "ordinary" car to me as a 1980s Toyota Celica (I knew someone at uni who drove an early 80s white Celica that looked just like Downshift), but I wouldn't consider Downshift to be 'ordinary' because at the time the toy was released, the vehicle was considered current and exotic.

But I take your point, and it was a point I was making too, it would be neat to see more vehicles that were never considered exotic... just plain regular vehicles. :)

The movie line gave us other 'regular' cars though: Mudflap, Skids, Swerve, Swindle, Wheeljack, Crankcase, Jolt & Stockade.
+1. I did mention the Twins (their ice cream truck mode was another great example of a 'regular' everyday vehicle). Those others you mentioned are good examples too. :D

And not just cars too... I'd like to see more civilian aircraft like helicopters (like Cybertron Jolt's civvie chopper mode) and air planes. It'd be neat to see a Boeing 737 or Airbus, or civilian biplanes etc. :) Ditto civilian boats. Ferry, ocean liner, cargo vessel etc. I'd also like to see a mountain bike (as opposed to a BMX) and a non-turbo skateboard (I could accept it having a bulky unrealistic kibblicious undercarriage if it were fairly realistic looking from above). ;)

KalEl
23rd February 2013, 11:26 PM
One of my favourite moments from The Dark Knight Rises:
Alfred Pennyworth: "Will you be wanting the Batpod, sir?"
Bruce Wayne: "In the middle of the day, Alfred? Not very subtle."
Alfred Pennyworth: "The Lamborghini, then. Much more subtle."
:rolleyes:

wasn't that from the second film? The dark night.
I also love the quote though :) Alfred is gold.

I'd love to see A truck! Oh wait....

Im not sure to be honest, the transformers extended universe is so large now that it's a hard one.

KalEl
23rd February 2013, 11:30 PM
I've always wanted an r34 gtr skyline as a decepticon alternator, perhaps paying homage to one of the stunticons or maybe as autobot drift :D
but alas alternity gave us the r35 gtr so i seriously doubt they'll ever use the older car model for anything :( R34 drift, hell yes!

http://phorums.com.au/showthread.php?215509-Holden-Monaro-spotted-on-set-of-Transformers-the-movie!&

I'd also really love to see a Mini-Con or Legion Class Goggomobil.
Alright, how many of you just had your inside voice go "Jee-Oh-Jee-Jee-Oh"? (;

The monaro was a exported pontiac (we sent our monaros there) and it was the car cut in half and blown threw a shop window in the final battle in the first movie. That was why there was confusion. It was never bumblebee though.

Firestorm
23rd February 2013, 11:37 PM
hehehe whenever I make up my own transformers I tend to go with unused or rarely used alt modes

so far I've used
Hearse, Limo, Crop Harvester, Bullet Train and my personal favourate a street sweeper :D

GoktimusPrime
23rd February 2013, 11:48 PM
wasn't that from the second film? The dark night.
I also love the quote though :) Alfred is gold.
Oops, corrected. :p

Im not sure to be honest, the transformers extended universe is so large now that it's a hard one.
Yeah but we're talking about the toy line here, and writers don't have to include every toy into canon (just ask G1 Hubcap! ;)). Make good toys first, then let writers figure out how to work 'em into canon later. :cool: A good toy will sell even without canonical appearance, whereas a bad toy that appears in canon can still shelfwarm horribly. At the end of the day, people want good toys. :)

The monaro was a exported pontiac (we sent our monaros there) and it was the car cut in half and blown threw a shop window in the final battle in the first movie. That was why there was confusion. It was never bumblebee though.
Thanks! Now I know, and knowing's half the battle! :D

KalEl
24th February 2013, 12:47 AM
Yeah but we're talking about the toy line here, and writers don't have to include every toy into canon (just ask G1 Hubcap! ;)). Make good toys first, then let writers figure out how to work 'em into canon later. :cool: A good toy will sell even without canonical appearance, whereas a bad toy that appears in canon can still shelfwarm horribly. At the end of the day, people want good toys. :)

I get that, but i'm just saying there has been so many toys over the yeasrs its hard to think of many.

1orion2many
24th February 2013, 01:33 AM
The Whacky Races cars:p:D and a Banana split buggy:D

Tetsuwan Convoy
24th February 2013, 01:35 AM
I'd like to see an Aussie special version of Optimus. Road Train Optimus, with three trailers for him to pull. That's be sweet!

GoktimusPrime
24th February 2013, 10:22 AM
I'd like to see more regular electric passenger trains that aren't steam locomotives or bullet trains. Japanese G1 did give us some freight trains and special express trains (similar to XPTs in Australia) -- but few regular urban commuter trains. In fact, the only 'ordinary' electric train I can think of is Suiken (which also happens to be the only Trainbot that I own! Yay! :D). But we need more -- and we certainly need some for the Western market! And it'd be neat if it came with a passenger carriage that could maybe open into a battle platform or split up and transform into weapons. I did like how the G1 Micromaster trains' gestalt feet were able to hook up to become carriages (though certainly not for passengers!). I can understand HasTak not wanting to make a Transformer just for the carriage alone.

Hasbro reckons that trains don't sell in Western markets as well as they do in Japan, but I dunno... what kid doesn't love toy trains? Who didn't have at least one train set as a kid? And Thomas the Tank Engine^and Friends still seems as popular as ever both here and in Japan. Trains are awesome! :D One clever thing about the G1 Trainbots was that they were the same scale as electric trains, so you could fit them on your train set tracks. I reckon they should do the same with say Generations Trainbots... make them Scout or Commander Class. :) ReproLabels could then release a Melbourne Edition upgrade sticker set where you can cover all the Trainformers with loads of massive graffiti! ;) :p

Choo-chooOOOooOooOOo! :)

I'd like to see an Aussie special version of Optimus. Road Train Optimus, with three trailers for him to pull. That's be sweet!
God Ginrai (or "Apex Armour Optimus Prime" :rolleyes:) was a road train with two trailers. :) S'pose t'would be cool if they released a toy with two trailers, though that would make the toy quite expensive, and knowing Hasbro today they would simplify the toy and chuck in some superfluous electronic gimmick to justify the overpriced RRP (à la Ultimate Optimus Prime :rolleyes:). A more practical idea might be to release an Optimus Prime toy with one trailer, but design the trailer to be backward-compatible with Godbomber/Apex-Armour so that it can hook up to him and form a triple road train with God Ginrai/ApArOP. :D

GoktimusPrime
24th February 2013, 03:29 PM
I've made a similar thread for discussing non-vehicular alt modes we'd like to see here (http://otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?p=343792#post343792) :)

Omega Metro
24th February 2013, 04:12 PM
I've made a similar thread for discussing non-vehicular alt modes we'd like to see here (http://otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?p=343792#post343792) :)

No thanks. I'm fine with this thread that discusses 'real' Transformers.;)

Starscream77
24th February 2013, 10:48 PM

+1 for sure !!!!!!!

BigTransformerTrev
25th February 2013, 01:38 PM
Limousine for sure! :D

I'd then like to see this figure get retooled & repainted into a Hearse:

A hearse -that's great! Never would have thought of that!

Of course - there is always Negatron who turns into a canoe (from Family Guy) :D

I would like to see a classic caddilac as well :) And a wrecking ball crane done much better than Hightower from ROTF

GoktimusPrime
25th February 2013, 03:32 PM
What about Trip-Up? He looks like an older style Ford Mustang. :confused:
http://www.tfu.info/1990/Autobot/Trip-Up/trip-up.htm

Bartrim
26th February 2013, 12:15 PM
I like the Aussie car idea. A nice BnS ute for the bogan country transformer fans:p He could use his 5 aerials as various swords in bot mode.

I also wish for a deluxe size taxi cab transformer.

I remember seeing some fan art of the Ecto-1 as a transformer and that looked awesome!:cool:

GoktimusPrime
27th February 2013, 09:48 AM
This morning I was stuck behind a Toyota Rukus (Australian version of the Toyota bB) - and I kept imagining it transforming like BT Skids. It was a white car, so I imagined it as BT Ratchet. ;) This is why I just love "ordinary" and non-exotic car modes... stuff I can see every day and if there's a Transformer that transforms into it, seeing that model car instantly makes me visualise it transforming into a robot like the toy! :D

I remember seeing some fan art of the Ecto-1 as a transformer and that looked awesome!:cool:
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/attachments/transformers-toy-discussion/27332473d1354054538-uk-toy-discussion-tf_ecto1v5__wip__by_btnkdrms-d4qc6i1.png
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/068/0/2/tf_ecto1_mini_vehicle__wip__by_btnkdrms-d4s6y8m.png
:)

Name: Ecto-1
Function: Counter-Paranormal Services Transport
Allegiance: Ghostbuster
Motto: "Who ya gonna call?"

Shirokaze
27th February 2013, 10:22 AM
An AE-86 Corolla/Tureno ladled as Autobot drift. (Get it?)

I'd love to see just a bunch of Kei car and more JDM rides.

You sir, are a champ!

Here's a few on my wish list:

I'd like to see the R34 GTR Z-tune
http://blog.e-kereta.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/zz8.jpg

Aero S15 Silvia
http://www.torque-gt.co.uk/classifieds_images/5eja81250_170_orig.jpg

Evo 9
http://photos.juniormonkey.com/Cars/080610-Ryans-Evo/i-QsV9TLK/0/L/_D4_8699-L.jpg

And I'd also like to see just one awesome official steam train Transformer. Something large and particularly aggressive looking like this:
http://okanaganhousecheck.com/images/main/steam%20train.jpg
or
http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/03/47/b8/0c/croydon-aircraft-company.jpg

GoktimusPrime
27th February 2013, 11:11 PM
And I'd also like to see just one awesome official steam train Transformer. Something large and particularly aggressive looking like this:
http://okanaganhousecheck.com/images/main/steam%20train.jpg
or
http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/03/47/b8/0c/croydon-aircraft-company.jpg
We've had a few steam train Transformers -- unless you're looking for a specific model of steam locomotive that hasn't been done before. So far we've had...
+ Astrotrain (G1); JNR C-62 steam locomotive (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5a/C623_Express_Niseko.JPG)
+ D-Go (G1): D-51 steam locomotive (http://www.kurogane-rail.com/kurogane-images/oume/d51452.jpg)
+ San D-Go (G1): also a D-51 choo-choo

Considering that Tomy holds the rights to make Thomas & Friends toys, I'd personally wouldn't mind seeing a "Thomas Label (http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/gadgetlab/2009/08/voltromas.jpg)" series. Some adults might cry foul, but I reckon it'd be a hit with kids. ;)

DELTAprime
2nd March 2013, 01:15 PM
I'd love to see the Marussia F2 SUV. This thing looks like a Transformer already. Fingers crossed for a TF4.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Marussia-F2-SUV-01.jpg

Defcon
2nd March 2013, 06:04 PM
1. [SIZE="5"]

3. [b]TAXI

I voted bus! and would love a taxi. We also need trains, and submarines. :D

Ultra Mackness
2nd March 2013, 09:47 PM
I love the idea of this thread. There're a few vehicles I'd like to see, some real, some not.

Real vehicles: I would have liked to have seen the Eagle lunar landing module as a TF and I could also see a version of Prowl as a 50's cop car.

Non-real vehicles: probably more like franchise crossover vehicles though. Ecto 1 has already been mentioned and the fanboy in me would also like to see the spaceship and drop ship from the movie Aliens, but the vehicle I'd most like to see as a TF is Space battleship Yamato (known as the Argo in Starblazers for Western audiences) transforming into a samurai robot. Pipe dream I know, but I'd love to see it!

GoktimusPrime
2nd March 2013, 11:49 PM
I love the idea of this thread. There're a few vehicles I'd like to see, some real, some not.

Real vehicles: I would have liked to have seen the Eagle lunar landing module as a TF and I could also see a version of Prowl as a 50's cop car.
HasTak did actually plan on making a lunar landing module Transformers back in the 1980s for G1, but it doesn't appear to have ever made it off the drawing board.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/lunarlander_zps20ce6c48.jpg
(Transformers Generations Deluxe p.22)

Sinnertwin
13th March 2013, 05:27 PM
Oldor and his actionmaster partner spin-cycle who transforms from wheelchair to double rotor laser heli backpack. Or a motorised scooter complete with red flag.

GoktimusPrime
13th March 2013, 08:16 PM
http://blogtown.portlandmercury.com/files/2007/08/scaled.70Stephen%20Hawking.jpg ;)

BigTransformerTrev
19th October 2018, 07:11 PM
So Gok, given our discussion in another thread, did you vote for bus back in the day? :)

Edit: I checked and you did! :eek: marks for consistency! :D

I note since this thread was started that Airport Ladder Truck appeared on The Simpsons, there has been a Mini-Con submarine, Thunderhoof from RID is sorta a harvester, Scourge turned into a blimp in the HOS comics and there is a character that doesn't have a toy from the Animated Allspark Almanac that is a limousine.

So even though they may not have had toys, a lot of these alt-mode concepts have been explored :)

SharkyMcShark
19th October 2018, 07:53 PM
Since the posts above Trev's we've had a scooter transformer!

CHILENO20
21st October 2018, 08:12 PM
Going with a taxi myself

FatalityPitt
21st October 2018, 08:47 PM
I picked "Other". A lawnmower.

GoktimusPrime
22nd October 2018, 09:30 AM
I picked "Other". A lawnmower.
RiD Fixit is your friend.

TaZZerath
22nd October 2018, 09:45 AM
Dunno if its been done, but what about Decepticon Chek-Out, he could turn into a self-service checkout counter, those things are evil anyway :P

philby
22nd October 2018, 09:46 AM
Falcatron
I have seen this before a few times online but didn't realise it was actually commissioned by Ford and drawn by the studio who did fall of Cybertron 😮

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2012/09/meet-falcatron-the-transformer-based-on-the-ford-falcon-xr6/

https://edge.alluremedia.com.au/m/k/2012/09/fordtrans.jpg

UltraMarginal
22nd October 2018, 06:14 PM
They half did an F-35 in the early couple movie toy lines, the back half was not very close. odd given they had the Lockheed license for the F-22.

I've said it before, I'd love to see a proper F-35 Alt Mode. maybe in a few years once it's more commonly in service.

As for other un-used alt modes. I agree with the 'normal' approach, a bus, more normal cars. A Tesla would be fairly topical, though a little less normal than say a ford falcon.

I'm actually surprised more car companies over the years haven't approached Hasbro with marketing ideas of their current model vehicles.

BigTransformerTrev
22nd October 2018, 07:55 PM
I'm actually surprised more car companies over the years haven't approached Hasbro with marketing ideas of their current model vehicles.

That’s a very good point. You would think the US Military would do something like that too with their vehicles - getting kids interested in those types of machines so they may be interested in joining up to operate them when older

MV75
22nd October 2018, 09:47 PM

Like what? I dunno.... the alternator line?

I'm looking at a silver wrx, jeep, 2x rx8's 2x gt40's and 2x dodge rams on my book case, all manufacturer logo'd.

KELPIE
23rd October 2018, 10:31 AM

I'm looking at a silver wrx, jeep, 2x rx8's 2x gt40's and 2x dodge rams on my book case, all manufacturer logo'd.

Except in that scenario it was Takara approaching the car companies for licensed deals, not the other way around as UltraMarginal alluding to.

UltraMarginal
23rd October 2018, 02:57 PM

Totally, and I have nearly the entire line barring a couple repaints. and Like Kelpie says, this was TAKARA/HASBRO approaching those companies, not the other way around.

Except in that scenario it was Takara approaching the car companies for licensed deals, not the other way around as UltraMarginal alluding to.

Imagine the main line product with properly licenced vehicles all through it, like the G1 cars were very close approximations to the real life vehicles.

A lot of the main line these days are representative of a vehicle, or type of vehicle. This is why I like the movie lines so much, actual licenced vehicles. Sadly though only from a few manufacturers.

M-bot
23rd October 2018, 03:07 PM
I voted for Tram/Trolley. Like Aquaman waiting for water to be introduced into an episode of Superfriends, the Transformer in question can only operate in Melbourne and San Francisco.*

*am aware that there are other cities in the world that have trams, but the joke isn’t nearly as funny if I include them.

TaZZerath
23rd October 2018, 03:14 PM
I voted for Tram/Trolley. Like Aquaman waiting for water to be introduced into an episode of Superfriends, the Transformer in question can only operate in Melbourne and San Francisco.*

*am aware that there are other cities in the world that have trams, but the joke isn’t nearly as funny if I include them.

We have a limited tram service in SA, but the recent tram extension screwed up a portion of the new line resulting in potential electrocutions. I smell a Decepticon plot! :D