PDA

View Full Version : Beast Hunters cartoon in US March 22nd (plot details)

griffin
27th February 2013, 09:30 PM
The third season of Transformers Prime is apparently being branded as just Beast Hunters, and the first two episodes have been revealed (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-prime-39/transformers-prime-beast-hunters-to-premiere-on-march-22nd-176959/) for March 22nd and 29th in America (on the HUB channel).

Not sure if the title for the first episode is meant to be "Darkmount", which is Straxus' Decepticon base from Gen1, and the name Hasbro gave the Classicverse Straxus toy.

Season Three, Episode 1: “Darkmouth, NV”
While Optimus struggles to survive after Megatron’s destruction of the Autobot base, the separated members of Team Prime try to reconnect. Airs 3/22/2013.

Season Three, Episode 2: “Scattered”
The Autobots search for signs of each other, but start to lose hope while the Decepticons welcome a key player to their ranks. A win for Wheeljack may ultimately lead to an Autobot defeat. Airs 3/29/2013.

Tober
27th February 2013, 11:35 PM
Which translates to sometime Saturday 23rd here, if youre the YouTube/sharing sort...

And yeah, it's only 13 episodes.

Tetsuwan Convoy
28th February 2013, 12:02 AM
Good to know, but sad that's its only 13 eps, which means too short for a final season really. Well I hope its too short, I dont wanna have to watch 3 good eps and 10 bad ones :p

VERT
28th February 2013, 12:34 AM
I have hopes that after this show is done the next will take place in the same universe. So some characters can carry over to the new show. Keep Cullen and welker please! But 13episodes is to short. Would hate to have a rushed final.

KaRNiV8L PRiME
28th February 2013, 01:59 AM
3.01: Darkmouth, NV
Air Date: 22nd March, 2013
Synopsis: While Optimus struggles to survive after Megatron’s destruction of the Autobot base, the separated members of Team Prime try to reconnect.

3.02: Scattered
Air Date: 29th March, 2013
Synopsis: The Autobots search for signs of each other, but start to lose hope while the Decepticons welcome a key player to their ranks. A win for Wheeljack may ultimately lead to an Autobot defeat

5FDP
28th February 2013, 09:07 AM
Considering how TF:Prime Season 2 ended, I'm actually looking forward to the start of this.

Tallestblue
28th February 2013, 12:28 PM
it's 13 eps and the Movie right? Or are the last three going to be played as a movie? I'm hoping it'sthe former as an epic movie to end Prime would rock.

Quickstrike
28th February 2013, 09:11 PM
I should get around to watching the rest of season 2. Ehhhhh.

Bartrim
1st March 2013, 05:47 PM
I should get around to watching the rest of season 2. Ehhhhh.

Yeah same. I'm just not enjoying season 2 at all:(

The_Damned
1st March 2013, 06:18 PM
i thought season 2 was awesome shame they are going along with this silly beast thing.

SMHFConvoy
2nd March 2013, 09:14 AM
Well there's a new trailer over at the tfw2005 boards. It hints at a "new prime" but it also smacks of time lord regeneration to me.

iamirondude
2nd March 2013, 12:44 PM
actually when is transformers prime actually on?i've check on every channel and i can't find it.

SMHFConvoy
2nd March 2013, 06:52 PM
I think it's only on cartoon network. Which makes it a cable exclusive. But if that's true check the cartoon network site (aust) you maybe able to watch it there.

BigTransformerTrev
2nd March 2013, 07:09 PM
Good to know, but sad that's its only 13 eps, which means too short for a final season really. Well I hope its too short, I dont wanna have to watch 3 good eps and 10 bad ones :p

Apparently even with only 13 Ep's, this makes it the longest running western Transformers show after G1. Still wishing in my heart that they had made a 4th season of 'Animated'. But with this 'Beast Hunters' gimmick I'm not sad to see this cartoon end and make way for the next, and I didn't find it that inspiring anyway. But at least we're getting the Terrorcons out of the toyline before it ends ;)

ILikeSoundwave
2nd March 2013, 07:17 PM
But at least we're getting the Terrorcons out of the toyline before it ends ;)
But its sad they are calling the Terrorcons, Predacons.:(

Bidoofdude
2nd March 2013, 07:41 PM
They don't show Prime anymore on CN, haven't for a while now. Shame, it looked sort of good to me.:D

liegeprime
3rd March 2013, 09:07 AM
actually when is transformers prime actually on?i've check on every channel and i can't find it.

I think it's only on cartoon network. Which makes it a cable exclusive. But if that's true check the cartoon network site (aust) you maybe able to watch it there.

They don't show Prime anymore on CN, haven't for a while now. Shame, it looked sort of good to me.:D

If you guys keep an eye at www.animeflavor.com they have all of TFP season 1 and 2 there on file. It's where I watched all the episode coz you tube has become quite the Nazi in eliminating certain posts. Im sure they would be updating soon once the first few episodes air up as well. They usually post the latest episode a day after airing.

Trent
3rd March 2013, 11:01 AM
But its sad they are calling the Terrorcons, Predacons.:(

That doesn't stop you from calling them Terrorcons though ;)

KalEl
3rd March 2013, 12:38 PM
I'll watch it and wont read to much into it, hopefully i'll enjoy.

Bidoofdude
4th March 2013, 09:35 PM
Thanks Liege!;)
Hopefully we'll see a lot of Shockwave in this season and it looks like it.
He's so AWESOME!!!:D:eek:

Spiritprime
4th March 2013, 09:44 PM
This is certainly going to be exciting! I've never been so stoked and full of feels. Damn that trailer really, really hit me hard. Bring on Season 3! But first, I need that Season 2 blu-ray... NOW!

griffin
8th March 2013, 11:03 PM
A new trailer for the next season (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/new-transformers-prime-beast-hunters-trailer-a-new-prime/26791/), teasing us with the end of another Optimus... again.
Since we've seen several new Optimus toys and no Megatron toys for this year, I doubt anyone will fall for it.
The keen eyed people will see Bumblebee sporting the black deco of the Legion toy from last year (only now being released in Australia... so maybe grab one while you can if you collect show characters). A closer look at the recoloured Bumblebee can be seen here (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/bumblebees-new-look-for-transformers-prime-beast-hunters/26828/).

There are also a couple of TV spots promoting the cartoon, which have been mirrored here (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/two-new-transformers-prime-beast-hunters-promo-spots/26819/) (nothing really new though).

The Executive Producer has commented on the final season (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/transformers-prime-executive-producer-jeff-kline-interview-and-beast-hunters-world-premiere-screening/26797/), and there will be some sort of fancy premiere of the first episode at Universal Studios in Hollywood next Thursday.

griffin
11th March 2013, 12:09 AM
Details of the first three episodes have been revealed (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-prime-39/transformers-prime-beast-hunters-first-three-episodes-titles-and-descriptions-177025/), and the episode title of the first one has been corrected to what it was assumed to be.

3/22/13 3-01 Darkmount, NV
Optimus struggles to survive after the destruction of the Autobot base; the separated members of Team Prime try to reconnect.

3/29/13 3-02 Scattered
The Autobots search for signs of each other; the Decepticons welcome someone new to their ranks; Wheeljack's win may lead to an Autobot defeat.

4/05/13 3-03 Prey
A new Autobot arrives just as the Decepticons unleash the ultimate hunter.

griffin
11th March 2013, 02:38 PM
The Hub have posted up an image of the new black Bumblebee (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/another-look-at-bumblebee-in-his-new-beast-hunters-deco/26857/)... so chances are that we will see a heap of black bumblebee redecos in stores over the next year. :(

lancalot
15th March 2013, 01:06 AM
The new trailer show a new character ........................Ultra magus !!:D

BigTransformerTrev
15th March 2013, 08:47 AM
The new trailer show a new character ........................Ultra magus !!:D

It will be interesting to see if Mangus' alt-mode is his Flatbed truck Voyager figure, or the light blue recolour of Powerizer Prime that they are releasing for the new toyline. I hope it's the former as I think it would be more interesting to fans to see a different type of truck animated in battle, rather than an Optimus recolour. Depends how lazy they are I guess and which toy they are trying to flog. His robot mode in the new trailer does look more like the new figure than the slightly older one though :(

griffin
15th March 2013, 09:06 AM
This is why they should have reworked the old moulds, so that when the character finally shows up in the cartoon (we had enough toys to make us wonder why he wasn't a show character), we would have gotten the better toy-mould promoted.
But with the 2 new toys coming out this year (Voyager and Weaponizer/Platinum) which are both remoulds of Optimus moulds... I think the animators may have preferred it this way too, as it could mean less work remodelling the character on the show.

griffin
16th March 2013, 02:57 AM
The new trailer people are talking about (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/new-transformers-prime-beast-hunters-trailer-featuring-ultra-magnus/26870/), which introduces a new Autobot to their ranks.

lancalot
16th March 2013, 05:58 PM
Well just saw this news ... Singapore will have the first screening of the beast hunter as a tv movie on 15th .. And now a bad version of that on youtube ... ill just going to wait for the HD version but very tempting to watch it !! it taking all my will not to watch it :cool:

http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/viewtopic.php?t=93335

SMHFConvoy
16th March 2013, 07:44 PM
I watched it. Confirmed my suspicions. I see where this season might be going.

griffin
18th March 2013, 01:40 PM
I watched the first three episodes from the Singapore premiere on Friday, and wasn't overly impressed... because this is already a quarter of the final season, and even though we see three new characters introduced, I don't think we will end up seeing a whole subgroup of Predacons... leaving us with a Beast Machines scenario - a heap of ugly non-show toys that will shelf-warm.
For a quarter of a season, not a lot really happens. The three new characters could have been introduced in one episode, and the story arc for this season needed to get going. But we still have the Autobots divided, and Megatron in an even stronger position of power.

I hate it when a new character is introduced as being indestructible, no matter what is thrown at them (Predaking was unscratched by some major explosions), because it cheapens it later if they are easily defeated, when the focus is on a new character/toy.
TFs cartoons in the past have done that, and it makes the introductory episodes look wrong and inconsistent. If they actually keep Predaking indestructible (like Gen1 comic Galvatron), we only have 10 episodes left to feature the toy/character and find a plausible method to defeat him.

The Forge of Solus plot-device (only having a limited amount of power left in it, so couldn't rebuild Optimus) didn't make sense, as this is a device from millions of years ago, created by "gods" with the power to build countless devices.... and only now it is out of power? That's the most stupidest plot device I've heard, just to hint at another possible "death of Optimus Prime".

(I find it strange that there was so far ten times more screen time for Megatron than Optimus, and yet we have no Megatron toys (yet) this year, but already have at least 4 BH Optimus toys so far)

And I wonder if we'll see the spiky forms on the cartoon of the regular characters, or if they are just a toy concept "to keep the line fresh" for the retailers. :rolleyes:

lj7369
18th March 2013, 05:26 PM
where did you find the episodes? youtube?

griffin
22nd March 2013, 11:58 PM
Just a note that the third season of the cartoon premieres in America tomorrow (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-prime-39/transformers-prime-beast-hunters-teaser-image-177108/), which will mean better copies online for those of us who don't have Foxtel and aren't likely to see it here.

ITZTRU
23rd March 2013, 02:28 PM
could someone post where they end up watching these better quality episodes please? or PM. Either way...

thanks in advance!