PDA

View Full Version : Encore Fortress Maximus update

griffin
11th March 2013, 12:30 AM
As this toy comes out later this month, apparently some details have emerged (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/japanese-transformers-40/encore-fortress-maximus-more-information-177033/) as to certain elements that may interest prospective buyers.

Encore Fortress Maximus will come packed in a foam tray, like Generation 1 Fortress Maximus
The Master Sword can be taken apart after being assembled, unlike the original - there will be stickers to cover the screws.
Fortress Maximus' eyes will be painted on this release, instead of the stickers used on the Generation 1 version.

liegeprime
11th March 2013, 12:45 AM
NIiiiiiice!
although that would make it heavy on postage cost . :( However would make sure the item is safe on shipment

1AZRAEL1
11th March 2013, 02:41 AM
Wow, cool. Seems they wanted to rectify the sword issue that people disliked about the original. I am quite glad i have mine ordered and paid for.

5FDP
11th March 2013, 09:46 AM
although that would make it heavy on postage cost . :(

Shouldn't make a difference if you pre-ordered. Can't wait until mine arrives :cool:

Omega Metro
11th March 2013, 10:09 AM
I keep umming and arrrring about getting this. But it's such an ugly piece of
?$@!(. Better if it was a 2013 'updated' version.

GoktimusPrime
11th March 2013, 11:58 AM
Very nice! :D It comes as no surprise that they've modified the sword, because the mould for that was heavily damaged, as evidenced by the reportedly shocking quality of the God Sword. I suspect that constructing the sword this was was a more cost-effective way of being able to reissue the sword without breaking budget (otherwise they'd have to increase the RRP for the toy itself).

I keep umming and arrrring about getting this. But it's such an ugly piece of
?$@!(. Better if it was a 2013 'updated' version.
Brave Maximus has the best looking colour scheme out of all the Maximi if you're looking at just getting a better looking version of this mould. :) Fortress Maximus has the most dull colour scheme -- it's not bad, but it's certainly the least interesting. But to put things in context, Fortress Maximus was the first use of the mould -- Takara gave it a better colour scheme with Grand Maximus, and an even better colour scheme with Brave Maximus -- i.e. they kept on improving. Also, Fortress Maximus came out in 1987 when Star Wars was very popular, so Fort Max pretty much has that dull colour scheme inspired by things like the Death Star, Star Destroyers and pretty much the entire Rebel Fleet. Not a whole lot of colour variation amongst those ships. :p

Hursticon
11th March 2013, 04:04 PM
NIiiiiiice!
although that would make it heavy on postage cost . :( However would make sure the item is safe on shipment

Honestly, I hadn't even considered the additional weight that the foam might add :o - In the end though, if it means that he'll arrive far safer & sounder then I'm all for it. ;):cool:
(It's a bit of a cool novelty too I guess :D)

Wow, cool. Seems they wanted to rectify the sword issue that people disliked about the original. I am quite glad i have mine ordered and paid for.

I had always thought that it was a structural issue that impeded the sword's deconstruction, not the stickers :o - So learning what was the actual cause & that it had be rectified with this release was a surprise relief. :D

Shouldn't make a difference if you pre-ordered. Can't wait until mine arrives :cool:

I cannot wait either dude, a grail I thought that would be out of reach for many years to come is now only a matter of days away from arriving at my doorstep! :eek::D:cool:

Demonac
11th March 2013, 04:30 PM
Fortress Maximus came out in 1987 when Star Wars was very popular...

Are you sure about that?
By 1987 it had been 5 years since 'Return of the Jedi', so I don't think it was that popular at the time.

GoktimusPrime
11th March 2013, 09:14 PM
I think Star Wars still had a bit of lasting influence for several years after Return of the Jedi... but whether you believe this had any influence on the colours HasTak chose for Fortress Maximus or not, the result is that Fort Max has the least exciting colour scheme. And it's not surprising -- Grand and Brave Max having better colour schemes just shows that Takara aimed to improve on previous efforts. :)

I had always thought that it was a structural issue that impeded the sword's deconstruction, not the stickers :o - So learning what was the actual cause & that it had be rectified with this release was a surprise relief. :D
I believe that is the case. I know one person who has the Super God Sword (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Matrix_Blade) and he's told me that it's incredibly flimsy.

I cannot wait either dude, a grail I thought that would be out of reach for many years to come is now only a matter of days away from arriving at my doorstep! :eek::D:cool:
12^19* days to goooooo!! ;)

------------------------------------------------
TakaraTOMY's web page for Encore Fort Max (http://www.takaratomy.co.jp/products/lineup/detail/tf476139.html) states that the release date for this toy is March 30... for some reason I'd gotten into my head that it was coming out on March 23... no idea why (sub conscious wishful thinking perhaps? :p)

griffin
12th March 2013, 01:43 AM
March seems to have two release dates, but both were listed on our checklist's release order listing (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?p=335148#post335148).

Bidoofdude
12th March 2013, 05:39 PM
I hope they don't suddenly change the postage cost because of this.
Then again, they would've been given a weight or something, so it probably won't change. Shut up brain!:D;)

GoktimusPrime
13th March 2013, 12:07 PM
I don't think it would really make the postage that much more expensive... besides, as others have said, it ought to protect the toy goodererererer. Also, it's more authentically G1! :D And hopefully it'll mean no (or much fewer) TWIST TIES!!!

Cos Brave Maximus is like the mothertrucker of all twist-tied Transformers! I literally spent like half an hour or so undoing all the twist-ties when I got that toy! (that was back in the days when I undid twist ties by hand :rolleyes: But even with tin snips I reckon it'd take you 10 minutes to cut them all loose!)

Then again, they would've been given a weight or something, so it probably won't change. Shut up brain!:D;)
Hahaha :D

Chinta63
20th March 2013, 10:35 PM
Did you guys hear bout the delay?

GoktimusPrime
20th March 2013, 10:41 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/whatchootalkinbout.jpg :p
Source?

The official web page (http://www.takaratomy.co.jp/products/lineup/detail/tf476139.html) still says it's coming out this month and HLJ's still listing it as coming out on the 30th. <shrugs> :confused::confused:

Chinta63
20th March 2013, 10:58 PM
https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=629461243737336&set=a.327867517230045.98423.306905489326248&type=1&theater&refsrc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tfw2005.com%2Fboards%2Ftra nsformers-news-rumors%2F669413-encore-23-fortress-maximus-200.html&_rdr

I have sent a msg to RK but no replies yet to confirm

Gutsman Heavy
22nd March 2013, 02:08 AM
Best place to order from? HLJ?

GoktimusPrime
22nd March 2013, 02:36 PM
I've preordered from HLJ, but I it says "Order Stop" on it, which I think means that they're not taking any pre-orders for it atm.

Chinta63
22nd March 2013, 08:19 PM
RK and other HK stores knows nothing bout delay so hopefully its only a few stores and not all...

GoktimusPrime
22nd March 2013, 09:00 PM
hmm... unless any other Japanese speakers (or people with access to Japanese speakers) here feel like calling TakaraTOMY to confirm/deny this? I'm at work during their call centre's hours, so I probably can't call until Good Friday or Easter Monday (since they're not public holidays in Japan). Anyone else able to try and call sooner? Just check the bottom or back of any TakaraTOMY TF toy for their call centre numbers. :)

Hursticon
22nd March 2013, 09:56 PM

This is literally the 1st I've heard of it in all my internet travels, curious...

5FDP
22nd March 2013, 11:39 PM
Meh, if there is a delay of 1-2 weeks, it doesn't matter all that much to me. I've been waiting YEARS to get my hands on this bad boy, what's another couple of weeks *shrugs* IMO, if there are QC issues, I'd much rather they take the extra time in getting these fixed instead of releasing a flawed product.

GoktimusPrime
23rd March 2013, 08:28 AM
Meh, if there is a delay of 1-2 weeks, it doesn't matter all that much to me. I've been waiting YEARS to get my hands on this bad boy, what's another couple of weeks *shrugs* IMO, if there are QC issues, I'd much rather they take the extra time in getting these fixed instead of releasing a flawed product.
Good point. What's another 2 weeks when we've been waiting 26 years for this toy. :) Also, the Japanese are an extremely punctual* people... there's always a good reason if they're late for something. ;)

----------------------------------------------
*e.g. A bullet train is considered late if it's running 0.7 seconds behind schedule. ;)

Bidoofdude
23rd March 2013, 06:25 PM
Yep. They even give you a certificate or apology if they are late by a fraction of a second or if the doors don't line up with the markers.;):D

Sinnertwin
24th March 2013, 02:50 PM

Link to details?

Chinta63
24th March 2013, 10:38 PM
Link to details?

Guys on TFW2005 said they got a couple of emails saying there will be delays.

I msg'd RK and Couple of HK stores and they know nothing bout a delay. So guess its not all stores.

sifun
25th March 2013, 09:24 AM
what are the approximate prices for postage? preorders don't mention much

Chinta63
25th March 2013, 10:55 AM

Not sure bout other sites but RK is about 80.

Figuresdirect has them coming but not sure how much he is charging.

liegeprime
25th March 2013, 06:56 PM
Yeah a delay to repair a quality issue, I have no problem, with. Since the source is from tfw2005 it might be a delay of delivery to import the orders to US based orders. BUt then, this is only my speculation.

Yep. They even give you a certificate or apology if they are late by a fraction of a second or if the doors don't line up with the markers.;):D

The alternative is rather painful and bloody and not so popular with the younger generation I think....:p:D It surely will keep the trains workforce low in Japan if it were the option. ;);)

Bidoofdude
25th March 2013, 07:22 PM
Pics are up on Seibertron.:cool:

Sinnertwin
25th March 2013, 07:27 PM

BbTS.com
UPS $104
USPS $ $120

Id imagine that TFSource would be similar

griffin
26th March 2013, 01:54 PM
Only a week from release, some in-hand images (of just the box so far) are being released. (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/in-hand-images-of-encore-fortress-maximus/26942/)

Sinnertwin
26th March 2013, 07:53 PM
Come to Papa...

VERT
26th March 2013, 08:45 PM
RK just posted on facebook the orders will be on time and you will get the coin with it too :-)

Chinta63
26th March 2013, 08:49 PM
RK just posted on facebook the orders will be on time and you will get the coin with it too :-)

So happy and excited!!

GoktimusPrime
26th March 2013, 09:13 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/mustnothappy.jpg

Ah right, the eyes aren't tampographed, but have factory applied stickers (whereas original Fort Max's eye stickers are user applied). :)

5FDP
27th March 2013, 10:20 AM

Huh??! Coin :confused: I thought it was coming with headphones...

Is there a picture of this coin anywhere?

VERT
27th March 2013, 11:01 AM
Have not seen a pic of coin. But yeah you get the max headphone plug thing as well.

5FDP
27th March 2013, 12:14 PM
Have not seen a pic of coin. But yeah you get the max headphone plug thing as well.

Two bonuses... sweet.

Yeah, I just checked it out on RK and it says to get the coin you have to preorder before the end of March. Glad I did :D

griffin
27th March 2013, 01:51 PM
Perhaps an explanation for why some dealers are announcing a delay with their stock...

It seems that the first batch of Fort Max toys had to be rechecked (or fixed/added) for a Quality Control matter (something must have been picked up on an early sample), so a second batch is being produced (or the rechecking is the delay), prompting some to be released now and some to be released next month.

As such, those people getting theirs this month (next week), the box will be double-taped - from where it was cut open and then re-taped after the toy was rechecked. This will annoy sealed collectors, as it can now no longer be claimed that it was never opened (by the collector)... there will always be doubt by a buyer in the future, as to whether it was a first-batch, or one that was opened (and raided) and then resealed by the collector.
Basically, if you are a sealed collector (and miss out on the fun of this toy), you'd better get your hands on one of the later batch, if they are indeed a new production run and only have a single taping. (if all reissue Fort Max toys are being double-checked, then that's not going to be possible)

Source of this info, and some more photos of the reissue toy itself can be seen here (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/inpackage-images-takara-tomy-transformers-encore-23-fortress-maximus-initial-run-will-be-double-taped/26953/).

(not sure why the toy has the eyes painted, but the sticker sheet still has the eye stickers on it for you to use... they aren't the most difficult stickers to apply to this toy, so maybe it's just to make it look more impressive when you first open the box???)

reillyd
27th March 2013, 01:56 PM
Wow. I can't get my head around the idea of paying that much for max but never opening it (like buying two, as a spare). Still, if this is the last time the mold is ever reissued, maybe it will be of some comfort to a future toy collector down the road to be able to replace theirs if it breaks? If I had that much cash to burn, I'd buy one for robot mode one for base display though.....

5FDP
27th March 2013, 08:26 PM
We've discussed this before (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=7525). Being primarily a sealed collector, this doesn't bother me at all. As far as I'm concerned, if it comes from the manufacturer double-taped, it's still MISB. In fact, this is nothing new. The majority of collectors on this forum would have at least one double-taped box in their possession. This goes all the way back to G1 / 1984 ;)

Chinta63
27th March 2013, 08:38 PM
FYI guys... RK is shipping any orders by EMS... Tonight!

Bidoofdude
27th March 2013, 08:46 PM
I don't know...
I'd LOVE a Fort Max but it just isn't ticking in my brain as something I want. It's really weird. I just don't feel it.:confused:

Chinta63
27th March 2013, 09:24 PM
I don't know...
I'd LOVE a Fort Max but it just isn't ticking in my brain as something I want. It's really weird. I just don't feel it.:confused:

http://twitpic.com/photos/TFYUKI

This convince you yet? It will either be sold out or price increase once you want him!

Sinnertwin
27th March 2013, 09:25 PM
I don't know...

Nothing wrong with that at all.

5FDP
28th March 2013, 09:40 AM
FYI guys... RK is shipping any orders by EMS... Tonight!

They weren't shipping last night, just emailing everyone to pay the difference for EMS due to the size limitations. I had to pay an extra US $18.70 which I'm not fussed about.

The_Damned
28th March 2013, 09:42 AM
shipping from kingdom is $138.23 as its says ems only for orders to australia, so $438 in total.

Chinta63
28th March 2013, 10:53 AM
shipping from kingdom is $138.23 as its says ems only for orders to australia, so $438 in total.

Gone up? When i preordered was bout 770 and they got me to pay extra 28. Currently in transit.

Sinnertwin
28th March 2013, 11:11 AM
I'm actually having second thoughts about him :( Yes, i was überexcited and preordered, but after paying $2200 for rego, service and strata in the last two weeks, i'm considering cancelling. I'm in two minds right now.

DELTAprime
28th March 2013, 12:31 PM
I wonder if I've gotten the coin. I read that it was limited, I'm wondering how limited.

Starscream77
28th March 2013, 12:44 PM
I'm actually having second thoughts about him :( Yes, i was überexcited and preordered, but after paying $2200 for rego, service and strata in the last two weeks, i'm considering cancelling. I'm in two minds right now.

I thought about it as well but just thinking of what the after market price will be made me keep my pre order. Short term pain as they say

fatbot
28th March 2013, 01:47 PM
I got hit for $63. though i'm getting Bartrims & 1AZ1s as well so i'll be getting them as two parcels

griffin
28th March 2013, 01:53 PM
Images of the HK Bonus items for Encore Fortress Maximus (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/japanese-transformers-40/encore-fortress-maximus-commemorative-coin-177149/) (if you bought through a stockist of Hong Kong Hasbro Transformers, who get their own supply of certain JP toys).

The collector coin that is now expected with major HK versions of JP toys, and a second bonus item - a headphone jack in the shape of Fort Max's head.

Chinta63
28th March 2013, 08:30 PM
They weren't shipping last night, just emailing everyone to pay the difference for EMS due to the size limitations. I had to pay an extra US $18.70 which I'm not fussed about.

Mine was posted last night and says it has left HK already but with Easter long weekend prob wont get him till Tuesday

GoktimusPrime
28th March 2013, 10:12 PM
I suspect that a toy as big and expensive as Fortress Maximus won't be selling too soon. Other larger Encore reissues have actually shelfwarmed -- Metroplex, Omega Supreme, Bruticus, Sky Lynx etc. I hope Fort Max won't shelfwarm, but it wouldn't completely surprise me if he did. Either way, I wouldn't expect a toy like this to fly off shelves.

The advantage of pre-ordering is that you get pre-order discount. If you cancel the pre-order, then you may have to pay full RRP for Fort Max, which isn't bad, cos honestly I reckon this toy is worth paying full RRP for (about $300). But of course, cheaper is always better. :) What I do with big purchases like this is to slowly save up for them. I started saving up for Fortress Maximus back in October. Every pay I just put some money aside - so now when the toy comes out, I'm ready to just throw money at it, even if nasty bills come and flick me in the nards. ;) After I pay for Fort Max I'm gonna start putting money aside for other big future purchases.

Anyway... you're in the best position to judge whether or not you're able to buy this toy now, or if it's better to buy it later. Keeping the preorder guarantees that you'll get the toy sooner rather than risk the chance that this toy does sell like hotcakes (MP Soundwave's reportedly selling like crazy in Japan, despite being a big ticket item!), and of course, in the long term you save money with the preorder discount. Or the toy could shelfwarm and you might get it later on sale as stores try to flog off dead stock. It's hard to predict, so it depends on whether you're willing to take a calculated risk. Ask yourself whether cancelling the preorder and then not being able to get the toy because it sells out quickly is an acceptable loss to you or not. If yes, then cancel, if no, then don't.

There have been some toys that I skipped preordering and since then haven't been able to find at below RRP (e.g. United Stepper and MP Red Alert). But I can accept not owning these toys. So yeah, all depends on your personal toy priorities.

kup
28th March 2013, 10:53 PM
I have been thinking about getting him mostly to support the release of a toy of this scale but having a hard time justifying it. My Max is restored but is perfectly fine for both display and play and not sure what I would do with two giant toys.

GoktimusPrime
28th March 2013, 10:56 PM
Keep it sealed and sell it later? <shrugs> :confused:

kup
28th March 2013, 11:34 PM
Keep it sealed and sell it later? <shrugs> :confused:

Why do I want to buy something to sell later? Still doesn't make much sense to me. I don't like to buy toys with the purpose of re-selling, that's no fun. Plus its huge size its still a problem to keep around.

The_Damned
28th March 2013, 11:45 PM
I have been thinking about getting him mostly to support the release of a toy of this scale but having a hard time justifying it. My Max is restored but is perfectly fine for both display and play and not sure what I would do with two giant toys.

if its complete and you are happy with the condition of your original i wouldn't bother getting another one, i am getting one as the one I have isn't complete and isn't in that great a condition.

griffin
30th March 2013, 01:19 AM
More preview images (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/inhand-images-takara-tomy-transformers-encore-23-fortress-maximus/26970/).

Chinta63
3rd April 2013, 08:42 PM
Any issue with anyones Fort Max? The blue metal bit on mine wasnt painted properly =( big smug mark..,

The_Damned
3rd April 2013, 09:16 PM
my cerebros has one stiff leg and i had to undo the screws to get the leg to fold back up.

Chinta63
3rd April 2013, 09:33 PM
my cerebros has one stiff leg and i had to undo the screws to get the leg to fold back up.

Ohh yes... Mine was so tight I thought I was going to snap his leg off!

I already snapped off the gun on Fort Max leg but luckily it snaps back on easily...

griffin
4th April 2013, 12:28 AM
The "Cerebros" of my Grand Maximus has really stiff legs (almost feels like it will break), so at least they made the reissue authentic to Gen1. :p

The_Damned
4th April 2013, 08:43 AM
The "Cerebros" of my Grand Maximus has really stiff legs (almost feels like it will break), so at least they made the reissue authentic to Gen1. :p

Lol griffin

The other thing i have noticed is the sticker sheet isnt centred properly so the stickers are off.

Starscream77
4th April 2013, 09:47 AM
i find it concerning to hear so many QC issues already for something most of us paid decent money for.
Mine hasnt even shipped yet and i am not happy now

5FDP
4th April 2013, 10:21 AM
I wouldn't jump the gun until you've actually received yours. A little bit of smudged paint and overly tight joints isn't exactly the end of the world. Even vintage G1 had minor defects.

GoktimusPrime
4th April 2013, 03:24 PM
The legs on my Brave (RiD Emissary) (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Emissary) has really stiff legs too.

kup
4th April 2013, 04:51 PM
The legs on my Brave (RiD Emissary) (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Emissary) has really stiff legs too.

My vintage G1 Cerebros does too. I think that's just how the mold design and engineering is.

Fort Max as a whole is also pretty damn stiff for a toy that size. I don't see a kid easily being able to move his arms and legs or transforming it without putting the whole weight of his body but that's just how the vintage is. I would imagine that the reissue would be a little easier to move.

The_Damned
4th April 2013, 07:36 PM
no my reissue is quite stiff to not much different from my vintage one

theshape
4th April 2013, 08:55 PM
Is it easy to differentiate it from the vintage one?

The_Damned
4th April 2013, 09:18 PM
it is easy to tell the difference between mine as the vintage one isnt mint but a mint one would be hard to tell the difference i think.

http://i.imgur.com/ZmYsgmt.jpg?1

theshape
5th April 2013, 09:40 AM
Yeah they look the same. Are the parts a slightly different shade?

Skullcruncher
5th April 2013, 10:06 AM
Yes I'd be interested in the slight differences too - what does the copyright say?

GoktimusPrime
5th April 2013, 11:45 AM
The grey on the face looks different - but it could be the lighting. Another thing that makes that comparison pic difficult is that The_Damned's G1 Fort Max is just like mine* -- substantially yellowed (and missing a ramp ;)). It'd be great if someone could post a comparison pic with a near loose mint G1 Fort Max and Encore Fort Max. Though I suspect that most people who already have a LM G1 FM wouldn't have bothered getting an EN FM. :p Perhaps 2 people might collaborate to do such a comparison shot? (I'd be willing to bring my EN FM to someone else's place (in Syd) or to the next meet to do comparison shots... whenever the hell my EN FM arrives!! :rolleyes:)

----------------------------
*Actually The_Damned's G1 FM is better than mine since it has the gun. Mine has no accessories! :p (though it does have Spike, Gasket and Grommet)

DELTAprime
5th April 2013, 11:47 AM
Yes I'd be interested in the slight differences too - what does the copyright say?

All it says is

© TOMY
A1813

Krayt
5th April 2013, 02:17 PM
The red parts are darker on New Maxi

1orion2many
5th April 2013, 03:53 PM
The grey on the face looks different - but it could be the lighting. Another thing that makes that comparison pic difficult is that The_Damned's G1 Fort Max is just like mine* -- substantially yellowed (and missing a ramp ;)). It'd be great if someone could post a comparison pic with a near loose mint G1 Fort Max and Encore Fort Max. Though I suspect that most people who already have a LM G1 FM wouldn't have bothered getting an EN FM. :p Perhaps 2 people might collaborate to do such a comparison shot? (I'd be willing to bring my EN FM to someone else's place (in Syd) or to the next meet to do comparison shots... whenever the hell my EN FM arrives!! :rolleyes:)

----------------------------
*Actually The_Damned's G1 FM is better than mine since it has the gun. Mine has no accessories! :p (though it does have Spike, Gasket and Grommet)

I think one of mine is in pretty good nick but I won't be picking the encore version up until I go to the Nexus fair on the 27th (I think):o

Tetsuwan Convoy
5th April 2013, 09:14 PM
it is easy to tell the difference between mine as the vintage one isnt mint but a mint one would be hard to tell the difference i think.

http://i.imgur.com/ZmYsgmt.jpg?1

THAT is a sexy picture. I am now excited at getting one, but like 1orion, I think I have to wait for Nexus as well....:o

How dare life, work and family get in the way of my toys!!!!

The_Damned
5th April 2013, 09:32 PM
i took it with my phone at night hence the graininess i will take one on sunday in the daylight

theshape
5th April 2013, 10:14 PM
Yeah nexus will be loaded with this guy for sale

fatbot
8th April 2013, 07:49 PM
The QC issue looks to be with the Master Sword. The peg on the Handle is too small for the blade to hold onto. Yet after checking the another two the Master Sword fits correctly

1AZRAEL1
8th April 2013, 07:56 PM
There are some small molding differences that i noticed with spike. I'll have to take some pictures tomorrow after work if people want.

theshape
8th April 2013, 09:20 PM
Yeah I'd like to see differences, especially with the parts

GoktimusPrime
13th April 2013, 01:33 PM
I filled out the Fortress Maximus online survey today, and I've posted a translation update here (http://otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?p=350604#post350604). One exciting thing to note is that they've now finally included a question asking what we want for the next reissue!!! This includes options such as G1 Dinobots, Trypticon, Grand Maximus, Star Sabre, Dai Atlas, Metro Titan and more! There's even an option that says "other" where you can specify which character you'd like to see reissued!!! :D

So for everyone who would like to see certain G1 toys reissued (like say the Dinobots), TakaraTOMY are now taking suggestions! Make your voice heard and go fill out your TakTOM survey and vote and/or nominate who you'd like to see reissued! :D This is pretty exciting as it's the first time they've done this since the merger with Tomy and switching from hand-written self addressed survey cards to their online survey. I've long criticised the online survey for lacking this option, but now they've put it back, which is bloody FANTASTIC! :D

Bidoofdude
13th April 2013, 09:56 PM
Dinobots! Dinobots! Dinobots!!! :eek::D
C'mon Takara!!! (wouldn't mind Trypticon either :p) Make my day!:p;)

(Plus it'd give me something for Gregg Berger to sign :p;))

GoktimusPrime
14th April 2013, 08:47 AM
I personally didn't vote for the Dinobots, as I already have them all -- I voted for guys like Grand Maximus, Metro Titan, Dai Atlas and Star Sabre. :) But having said that, if they did reissue the Dinobots I'd totally buy 'em. :D Vote people, vote! :)