View Full Version : custom classics First Aid

snaketales
14th March 2013, 01:01 PM
http://i47.tinypic.com/27yd7c.jpg

http://i50.tinypic.com/106c02h.jpg

http://i48.tinypic.com/f07yw3.jpg

http://i47.tinypic.com/25jghgk.jpg
I have a Hot Spot, but don't know where he is....:o

Made from a Prime Ratchet and classics Grimlock head (oh the irony...)
Alt mode is unchanged so I didn't bother taking pics of it.
For robot mode, I had to use a soldering gun to level off the neck joint. It was at a 45-degree plus angle, while the Grimlock head had a level base and just would not go on.
There was a little ridge on Ratchet's waist. Once I got rid of that his legs were able to spin 360 degrees. I reversed the legs for this custom, but the backs of Ratchet's thighs are hollow, so I had to swap the thighs.
I've just noticed there's no Autobot insignia on him. Hopefully I have a small one to put on his chest.
And no there are no plans for Defensor.

Additions: forgot to add the back of Ratchet's waist - which is now the front of First Aid's waist - was also hollow, so I filled it with sculpy.
As a result of the thigh swap, which involved the use of a soldering gun, the knees are a bit weak, so I have left Ratchet's knee spikes on to help hold the legs up.

Hursticon
14th March 2013, 01:23 PM
Holy crap this looks good Snakey! :eek: - The proportions & look just work SO incredibly well! ;):cool:
Out doing yourself as always mate! :D

liegeprime
14th March 2013, 01:42 PM
heh, who would've thought Grimy's head can be First Aids with just a few paint changes :D. Well done Snakey! Groove is next I see. :D Did you get the Asia Exclusive Gen. Hot spot? (repaint of Inferno)

Bidoofdude
14th March 2013, 06:06 PM
Wow. That's.... PERFECTION!!!:eek::eek::D
I love it. The Ratchet body fits so well with him. Looks like a really designed Hasbro toy.:cool:

lancalot
14th March 2013, 06:10 PM
Very nice and clean

snaketales
14th March 2013, 06:32 PM
heh, who would've thought Grimy's head can be First Aids with just a few paint changes :D. Well done Snakey! Groove is next I see. :D Did you get the Asia Exclusive Gen. Hot spot? (repaint of Inferno)

I have Hot Spot, but he's in a box under boxes in the wardrobe, which has boxes stacked up against it and it all got too hard to dig him out.
I want to use a deluxe-sized Transformer for Groove, so it's either going to be a tweaked Wreck-Gar or a sex-change for him..... ;)

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Bidoofdude
14th March 2013, 07:02 PM
Wish there was a custom class for this guy! He's awesome!:cool:

kaiden
15th March 2013, 06:49 PM
he looks so damn amazing

Sam
15th March 2013, 07:54 PM
Your work looks really professional !

I am now eagerly waiting for you to do the rest of the Protectobots in scale to each other, and then to make them combine.

Then start mass producing them and we can buy them from you. :)

Lint
15th March 2013, 07:58 PM
Work of art snakey!

BigTransformerTrev
15th March 2013, 08:59 PM
That's brilliant! Great job!

SMHFConvoy
18th March 2013, 08:44 PM
Nice work. You sure are prolific, I'm gonna have to start finishing my customs off quicker :-)

loophole
18th March 2013, 09:03 PM
Dude!! That's Awesome!!

kristofferrer
19th March 2013, 08:29 AM
mate i love the style and flavour of your customs - nice work

snaketales
19th March 2013, 12:36 PM
Nice work. You sure are prolific,

To be honest I had been sitting on this one for ages.... had done all the work on Ratchet, but then had to wait for a Grimlock to show up at the right price.

llamatron
19th March 2013, 01:01 PM
Looks great. I don't have any pictures handy but from memory that could almost pass as a IDW-MTMTE styled First Aid too?

M-bot
2nd April 2013, 12:11 PM
FrenzyRumble's next customising class is using this mould for First Aid, including a custom head head and chest from Shapeway's Fakebuster (AKA Ariel Lemon). Future classes will include the other Protectobots (not sure which moulds, but couldn't go much wrong with those you've picked Snaketales:)), and the final product will combine, based on photos on FR's Facebook page.

You're officially ahead of the curve, Snaketales!:)