PDA

View Full Version : Myer Super Saturday - 20% off Toys on 16/03/2013 only

SuspectimusPrime
15th March 2013, 11:59 AM
Myer Super Saturday - 20% off Toys on 16/03/2013 only.

Megatron
15th March 2013, 12:30 PM
Hmmm... just so happens I'll be heading into Westfield Fountain Gate tomorrow morning to do some banking (I rarely go there so it should be good). I can stop by Myer while I'm there, and have a look around at other shops as well. :cool:

GoktimusPrime
15th March 2013, 01:37 PM
Oooh sweet! I might get me a BH Commander Class Optimus Prime then. ;)

liegeprime
15th March 2013, 01:43 PM
There's plenty locally for that Gok. Darn should've waitied... could've gotten a discount.:mad:

Tallestblue
15th March 2013, 01:59 PM
Yep, I knew I was right to wait when then called me in for a Super Saturday shift. I'ma put some BH stuff on hold today.

Bidoofdude
15th March 2013, 06:14 PM
C'mon Myer! Pull a goldie and magically put the w2 FOC voyagers on the shelves! I dare ya!:p:D

AX83
15th March 2013, 06:51 PM
Myer at Eastgardens NSW has 1x FOC soundwave if anyone is interested.

jazzcomp
15th March 2013, 09:12 PM
There's plenty locally for that Gok. Darn should've waitied... could've gotten a discount.:mad:
return and re-buy :)

Sinnertwin
15th March 2013, 10:23 PM
C'mon Myer! Pull a goldie and magically put the w2 FOC voyagers on the shelves! I dare ya!:p:D

I can see it now. I going to buy it online and then BOOM! Theyre everywhere. Ive bee thinking, iyf Myer are the only ones with BH stock, the toys are obviously at Erskine Park. My concern is, if Myer have forgone wave 2of FoC Voyagers, are BH the new line all retailers willl be picking up instead of FoC W2?

SuspectimusPrime
16th March 2013, 01:51 AM
return and re-buy :)

I had a friend did that consistently with Star Wars figures a few years ago. Bought a whole waves at 20% off and them refund and repurchase them at another retailer once they sell at 25%. He was a MISB collector, so was able hop around quite easily without the desire to resort to slashing packaging open.

I can see it now. I going to buy it online and then BOOM! Theyre everywhere. Ive bee thinking, iyf Myer are the only ones with BH stock, the toys are obviously at Erskine Park. My concern is, if Myer have forgone wave 2of FoC Voyagers, are BH the new line all retailers willl be picking up instead of FoC W2?

Myer (and David Jones too for that matter) has historically skipped waves or lines (or such small orders that they only reach major demographic stores), so I don't think their supply chain behaviours should be a benchmark for the other 4 major retailers. Toys have been very low on their agenda the last couple of years, but getting the first order of Beast Hunters and price pointing them at the same standard as everyone else is a healthy sign. This comes at a convenient time too - almost following TRU's shrinking TF shelves. Perhaps this is another situation where the stock has already hit our shores but Hasbro is having a hard time selling it off?

SMHFConvoy
16th March 2013, 06:42 AM
David Jones no longer carries Transformers. They haven't for a year.

Ultra Mackness
16th March 2013, 09:26 AM
Hmmm... just so happens I'll be heading into Westfield Fountain Gate tomorrow morning to do some banking (I rarely go there so it should be good). I can stop by Myer while I'm there, and have a look around at other shops as well. :cool:

Hopefully you'll have your pick, they had 2 of everything on Monday when I was there. At $29.95 before the sale I don't know that there would have been many people picking up the deluxes, but a $24 sale price will be much better -good luck!

Megatron
16th March 2013, 04:17 PM
Hopefully you'll have your pick, they had 2 of everything on Monday when I was there. At $29.95 before the sale I don't know that there would have been many people picking up the deluxes, but a $24 sale price will be much better -good luck!

Thanks! Yep, I sure did. I got myself one of the 2 BH dlx Soundwaves that were there. :cool:

griffin
16th March 2013, 08:57 PM
David Jones no longer carries Transformers. They haven't for a year.

I think DJs was the one that was getting out of CDs and games, to focus on clothes and cosmetics, so Toys would be a casualty of that strategy.

A pity, as they had recently instigated a price-matching policy that included matching prices listed on competitors' websites.... which is a lot easier than the usual 'call up a nearest store to see if they have stock' or 'in a current catalogue' conditions.