PDA

View Full Version : The Fortress Maximus Appreciation Thread

GoktimusPrime
15th March 2013, 11:51 PM
This thread is for all lovers of Fortress Maximus - past, present and future. :)
All legit versions of Fort Max are welcome here (no KOs please), and content about Grand and Brave Maximus are also most certainly welcome. :cool: So yeah, feel free to drop a comment, share a story, post photos... anything to share our love for Fortress Maximus and his kin! :D

15 days to go until Encore Fort Max comes out! Who's excited? ;)

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/Fortress%20Maximus/fortmax_zps278edd66.jpg

Sinnertwin
16th March 2013, 12:03 AM
The only time i've ever seen one was at Akihabara, locked in the cabinet. Even then it was a "wow" moment. Serious wow moment.
Fast forward to little Kabaya Fort. Snapped him up and now I'm waiting for the big boy, the grand-daddy of them all. Generations Metroplex? Let Fort Max show you what a cityformer should be.

iamirondude
16th March 2013, 11:29 AM
this is the 1 thing i want most in my collection.As long as i get 1 i'll be a happy camper but i haven't pre ordered 1 so fingers crossed that ebay stores or online stores have him for a reasonable price.

Skullcruncher
16th March 2013, 12:13 PM
My Fortmax stamper. Hes huge :D

http://thumbnails104.imagebam.com/24348/b681d4243477929.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/b681d4243477929)

GoktimusPrime
16th March 2013, 01:19 PM
I wonder what the stamp print looks like. :)

theshape
16th March 2013, 01:51 PM
He probably my favourite TF mould. Love him!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v208/TheShape84/IMG_20130316_104538_zpsfb4d63dd.jpg

Skullcruncher
16th March 2013, 02:07 PM
I wonder what the stamp print looks like. :)

Its just his face and what I expect is his name underneath.

He probably my favourite TF mould. Love him!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v208/TheShape84/IMG_20130316_104538_zpsfb4d63dd.jpg

Nice Shape - got another cabinet ready for encore?

theshape
16th March 2013, 02:15 PM
Its just his face and what I expect is his name underneath.

Nice Shape - got another cabinet ready for encore?

Hehe, nah i wont be getting it, happy with the original one, way to many expensive things i need instead

GoktimusPrime
16th March 2013, 05:33 PM
theshape: have you ever considered displaying each of your Maximi in a different mode?
e.g. Fort Max in robot, Grand Max in battleship, Brave Max in city?

theshape
16th March 2013, 06:26 PM
Hey, yeah I have, but I'm limited by my detolfs size. I may but grand back in the box to make room for other stuff.

Really want someone to sell me their original g1 us box :). Still don't think I'll get one cheap

Slag
16th March 2013, 07:01 PM
I wasn't planning on getting it , but the more i think about it, i think i will if there's one floating around and if it comes in the US style box, all the better.

You can't pack them away Shape! I did that once. They had to move rooms because they didn't clear the ceiling anymore (twas a tight fit to begin with)
Then this happened.

http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee476/teammembernumber8/P1010018_zps0f6a4d64.jpg

Slowly but surely. :( they have been boxed in

time for a re-shuffle me thinks, for the threads sake at least .

theshape
16th March 2013, 09:32 PM
I think hes coming with the japanese box (takara release), so it will make a US box more elusive.

Nice display Grock, half the fun is rearranging things anyways (gotta bring C-311 to the front!)

Tetsuwan Convoy
16th March 2013, 10:31 PM
I remember the time I got my korean Brave Max in the house. I dont think I'd seen it in person, and after about an hour of un-twisting those darn ties, (clippers FTW!) I brought him out. Swore quite a bit and proceeded to have a massive robot fight with all my other toys. TFS and other randoms.

It was a great time! Can't wait to be able to have a fully weapon bearing Maxx!

Slag
17th March 2013, 12:42 AM
I think hes coming with the japanese box (takara release), so it will make a US box more elusive.

bugger!... oh well:o

5FDP
18th March 2013, 10:32 AM
Having only ever played around with other peoples Fort Maximus's I am so looking forward to receiving my Encore. For the first time ever I'm at a cross-road as to whether or not I'm going to open him up :confused: I know what the majority of people here would say but it all comes down to available space.

Skript
18th March 2013, 11:41 AM
trying to sell off half my video game collection so i can grab one.
Fort Max - gotta love him =)

GoktimusPrime
18th March 2013, 01:08 PM
Having only ever played around with other peoples Fort Maximus's I am so looking forward to receiving my Encore. For the first time ever I'm at a cross-road as to whether or not I'm going to open him up :confused: I know what the majority of people here would say but it all comes down to available space.
You know my vote. ;) Opening would save you more space too, cos that box be huuuuuuuuge. If you wanna keep the box and space is an issue, you could fold the box up and chuck out the tray. Or if you really don't wanna do that, have the box encased in really strong perspex or glass and use it as a small coffee table. ;)

trying to sell off half my video game collection so i can grab one.
Fort Max - gotta love him =)
Remember that preordering gets you an earlybird discount. :) (Amazon Japan is still taking orders with a really generous preorder discount; you'll need to use a Japanese residential address to order through them)

5FDP
19th March 2013, 08:38 AM
You know my vote. ;) Opening would save you more space too, cos that box be huuuuuuuuge. If you wanna keep the box and space is an issue, you could fold the box up and chuck out the tray. Or if you really don't wanna do that, have the box encased in really strong perspex or glass and use it as a small coffee table. ;)

Actually, it would save me more space by keeping it MISB. If I were to open it, I would want to have him on display in one of my cabinets (mainly to keep him dust free) and he would no doubt take up a full shelf meaning everything else would have to go into storage. The second option is a table next to the cabinet. Either way, it's a good problem to have :D

GoktimusPrime
19th March 2013, 09:57 AM
How about just keeping him loose in box? i.e. open it, take it out and have a fiddle/play/wateva, then just slip him back in the box when you're done.

Sinnertwin
19th March 2013, 07:53 PM
I'm going to stare lovingly at his MISB form on the first day. Second day, I'll be ripping that bad boy out

liegeprime
19th March 2013, 08:14 PM
I have his space ready for him in my G1 shelves :D:D. It's been allotted since the change in shelves. Im so going to enjoy seeing that space filled up when he gets delivered :D. If only they reissue Overlord next ;P..... then that other space opposite would be filled as well hehehe. With the box.... hmmmm Id wanna keep it, but Im running out of shelf space...floor mebbe heheheheh

DarkHyren
19th March 2013, 09:00 PM
Long time admirer here, used to think that Fortress Maximus would always be out of my reach so the news of the encore reissue was exciting to say the least.
Got mine pre ordered but have no idea where to put him, I unfortunately don't have much space to work with, but I just couldn't pass up this opportunity :D

1AZRAEL1
20th March 2013, 01:22 AM
I will be left with a conundrem when i get mine. Take my other one off display, or find room for this one too and having the other one in base mode taking up so much Damn room? The sole reason i wanted the encore was because it was cheaper to buy this complete one rather than forking out so much to complete mine. And a new minty fresh max too heh. Either way i cannot wait to get it. And the preorder bonus is quite nice too :D

DarkHyren
20th March 2013, 02:30 AM
And the preorder bonus is quite nice too :DWhat is this pre order bonus of which you speak, is it something that only certain stores have?

1AZRAEL1
20th March 2013, 02:44 AM
What is this pre order bonus of which you speak, is it something that only certain stores have?

Yea it's a die cast headphones jack in the shape of fort max. There is a thread for it here somewhere. Some stores have it as a bonus yea.

5FDP
20th March 2013, 08:38 AM
What is this pre order bonus of which you speak, is it something that only certain stores have?

It's an Asia exclusive (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/japanese-transformers-40/encore-fortress-maximus-promotional-headphone-jack-plug-177071/). Pretty neat looking :cool:

GoktimusPrime
20th March 2013, 09:45 AM
10 days to go until Encore Fort Max! :cool:

I'm going to stare lovingly at his MISB form on the first day. Second day, I'll be ripping that bad boy out
Same here! Only replace "day" with "minute". ;) :p

I have his space ready for him in my G1 shelves :D:D. It's been allotted since the change in shelves. Im so going to enjoy seeing that space filled up when he gets delivered :D.
Same here! (great minds think alike*, gentlemen! :D) I made space for this baby shortly after I preordered him! ;)

If only they reissue Overlord next ;P..... then that other space opposite would be filled as well hehehe. With the box.... hmmmm Id wanna keep it, but Im running out of shelf space...floor mebbe heheheheh
Hopefully the online survey will give us the option to tell TakaraTOMY which character we want to see reissued next. I've noticed that they've been bringing this question back in some recent customer feedback surveys, such as MP. And considering that Bluestreak and Prowl were among the characters you could nominate, it appears that TakTOM are going back to the good old pre-TOMY days when they actively listened to customer feedback. Here's hoping. :)

-------------------------------
*and fools seldom differ :p :p

liegeprime
20th March 2013, 11:07 AM
Yeah but even if I answer the survey, would they still consider it since I didn't buy it in Japan nor do I have a Jap address :p

GoktimusPrime
20th March 2013, 01:18 PM
Yeah but even if I answer the survey, would they still consider it since I didn't buy it in Japan nor do I have a Jap address :p
Just use any address (I've provided a sample one on the thread that shows you how to do the survey). They never send anything to you anyway. :rolleyes: As for where you bought it, you can choose "online store" -- they don't exclude that. Worse case scenario just tick "other." It's all purely for TakTOM's marketing research purposes anyway.

DarkHyren
20th March 2013, 04:02 PM
It's an Asia exclusive (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/japanese-transformers-40/encore-fortress-maximus-promotional-headphone-jack-plug-177071/). Pretty neat looking :cool:Hmm, interesting, I pre ordered from HobbySearch but didn't see anything about it, wonder if I'll get one :confused:

Sinnertwin
20th March 2013, 07:47 PM
I wish that their 'exclusive' was something more. Perhaps a headmaster with an alternate deco controlled by a Decepticon. Every time it merges with Fort it takes over his Autobot personality and gets him to commit acts of mayhem.
-Biggu modo! Head On!
-hee hee hee!
-Raaaaah. Fortress CRUSH!

GoktimusPrime
20th March 2013, 09:19 PM
An exclusive I'd love to see would be a second Spike that's retooled so that his head mode better resembles the way it looked in Anglophone canon! ;)
http://randomhoohaas.flyingomelette.com/rah/transformersusa/4-1/captainglum.JPG
http://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2/5/56/CerebrosG1-TrialByFire.jpg
http://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2/5/5a/Invasion-FortMax.jpg

DELTAprime
20th March 2013, 11:01 PM
I've decided to order a Fort Max off RK when I get paid next week. He will be my first Headmaster, so I guess I'm starting with the best. But I have no idea where he or Titan class Metroplex for that matter are going.

Gouki
20th March 2013, 11:16 PM
'Fortress Maximus'—come on. What kind of a name is that? But everyone's like, 'Oh, Fortress Maximus, you're my hero! You've got guns in your legs and you killed tons of 'Cons at Simanzi...' And I'm like 'That was a thousand years ago!' He's a relic! He's a has-been!

(That said, I would be totally down for a Leader/Ultra IDW Fort Max.)

BigTransformerTrev
23rd March 2013, 01:33 AM
I'd appreciate this figure more if I HADN'T PAID OVER A GRAND FOR THE COMPLETE G1 VERSION OF HIM 4 MONTHS BEFORE THEY ANNOUNCED THERE WOULD BE A REISSUE!

Imagine all the figures I could have bought with the $700 I would have saved by buying the reissue :eek:

GoktimusPrime
23rd March 2013, 08:53 AM
I'd appreciate this figure more if I HADN'T PAID OVER A GRAND FOR THE COMPLETE G1 VERSION OF HIM 4 MONTHS BEFORE THEY ANNOUNCED THERE WOULD BE A REISSUE!

Imagine all the figures I could have bought with the $700 I would have saved by buying the reissue :eek:
Is your heart set on only having an original G1 Fortress Maximus, or would a reissue suffice? Because what you could do is buy a reissue Fort Max now, then wait until the reissue is sold out and then sell off your original. Although I reckon if you want to sell the original for the high price you paid, you might need to wait a few years (because a lot of collectors will want to hunt for reissue on the secondary market). Basically once the reissues become scarce, even on the secondary market, then you've got better odds of selling an original Fort Max for a king's ransom. So yeah... there is a way to get a cheaper Fort Max and recoup the cost of the original if you're willing to be patient (and if you have the storage space for a 2nd Fortress Maximus ;)).

But people who prefer originals over reissues would probably prefer to see you keep your G1 Fort Max. It depends on your personal preference as to whether or not you're dead set on only collecting original G1s (which I can understand) or if you're willing to accept reissues in your collection. :)

5FDP
23rd March 2013, 01:18 PM

Yeah, but you still have an original Fort Max and no one can ever take that away from you. IMO, that's much cooler than a reissue.

theshape
23rd March 2013, 01:27 PM
Yeah dont worry mate, original is always king.

Sinnertwin
23rd March 2013, 01:40 PM
Yeah dont worry mate, original is always king.

Ex-actly. They don't and probably never will make them like they used to.

Tetsuwan Convoy
23rd March 2013, 01:42 PM
I've decided to order a Fort Max off RK when I get paid next week. He will be my first Headmaster, so I guess I'm starting with the best. But I have no idea where he or Titan class Metroplex for that matter are going.
Matters for the future my friend. Fort Max needs to be somewhere awesome. The middle of the lounge room for example. ;) Then Everybody can enjoy him

Yeah, but you still have an original Fort Max and no one can ever take that away from you. IMO, that's much cooler than a reissue.
I agree. I find the attachment to toys I have is often through the story that comes while attaining it over the actual toy itself.

GoktimusPrime
23rd March 2013, 06:28 PM
Ex-actly. They don't and probably never will make them like they used to.
Actually, most reissues are the same quality as the originals. Some are actually improved (e.g. Encore Convoy)... although some are inferior (e.g. Bruticus, Devastator). :o I think most of the value in an original G1 toy is more sentimental; not saying that there's anything at all wrong with that... I personally see sentimental value is being far greater than monetary value -- it's something that you just cannot put a price on (like say a family heirloom). :)

So yeah, when Encore Fortress Maximus comes out, a lot more people will be able to join the "Fort Max Owners Club," but I think there's still only a relatively smaller number of people who can claim to be members of the "Original G1 Fort Max Owners Club." :cool: As others have said, no matter how awesome a reissue is, it will only ever be a reproduction (albeit legitimately done, unlike KOs). ;)

I agree. I find the attachment to toys I have is often through the story that comes while attaining it over the actual toy itself.
Also the story about just owning it. ;) Our G1 toys are our childhood... each time I look at my G1 collection it's like meeting up with an old childhood friend, only that they never left you. :) That's why when I get a reissue, I still keep my original G1 toy too... I could never* part with my childhood G1 toys, even after getting a reissue. So I personally don't "replace" G1 toys with reissues, but rather I get reissues so I can continue to play with these G1 toys, but my childhood "buddies" end up being "retired" as display pieces. :D The years/decades of memories contained in our G1 toys is something that is truly priceless. e.g. My original G1 Brawn... it's not in the best of conditions; shoulders are loose and one of the original arms has a damaged shoulder clip and scratched chrome (I've since replaced it with an arm from a reissue)... but I'll always love that toy because it was my very first Transformer toy that I got way back in 1984 from HobbyCo on the way to what I was expecting to be a really dull piano concerto (turned out it was, but thankfully Brawn kept me entertained :cool:). It's the toy that "started it all" for me, nearly 3 decades ago! :eek: But yeah, I'm more than happy to buy reissues. The only G1 toys that I have sentimental attachment to are the ones I've already owned since childhood. Someone else's G1 toy holds no such sentimental value for me.

--------------------------------
*There's only ever been 1 exception: Perceptor. That's because I got Perceptor when I was a uni student, so he wasn't exactly a childhood toy, and also the connector for his microscope barrel was always broken anyway. The reissue gave me a brand new minty one, and then there was another OTCA member was really wanted an original G1 Perceptor (but he's not into collecting reissues), so I sold him mine. At least I know it's in the hands of a fellow collector and not in some junkyard or some unappreciative child. :rolleyes:

M-bot
25th March 2013, 12:09 PM
So yeah, when Encore Fortress Maximus comes out, a lot more people will be able to join the "Fort Max Owners Club," but I think there's still only a relatively smaller number of people who can claim to be members of the "Original G1 Fort Max Owners Club." :cool: As others have said, no matter how awesome a reissue is, it will only ever be a reproduction (albeit legitimately done, unlike KOs). ;)
While I pretty much agree with you on the issue of sentimentality, I would disagree with you on this - a reissue is not a reproduction any more than the second toy off the production line in the '80's is a reproduction of the first. The reissues are a genuine G1 toy IMHO, just made more recently. One could argue about the value of a reissue compared to an 80's produced toy (much the same as a second or third printing of a book or comic), and we can certainly should label it appropriately as a reissue rather than a toy made in the '80's, but I'm not sure we should make people who have reissues rather than the 'original' toy feel like their toy is second rate.

GoktimusPrime
25th March 2013, 02:58 PM
I love reissues, and I didn't mean to make reissue collectors feel like their toys are second rate. If anything, I think reissues are superior to the originals, because they're minty new and less likely to break on you than some 20~30 year old G1 toy. I love both for different reasons. I love my G1s, because I meticulously collected them as a youngster during the 1980s/90s - no eBay, no online shopping - as well as the years I've spent playing with and taking care of these toys. So there's years of emotional investment that I've poured into my G1 collection as their custodian for nearly 3 decades now. My reissues I love for more pragmatic reasons - being much newer they look and feel nicer, and I'm happy to play with them more without fear of damaging them as I would with my original G1s.

I also really love reissues because it gives people the opportunity to get some of the G1 toys that we may have missed out on during the 1980s/90s. While I did collect most of G1 during that time, I certainly didn't collect all of it, and there are a few figures that I'm still missing. And even if I'm not missing it, I like to get the reissue so that I can 'retire' my original and play with the reissue. :) I've never been into buying toys off the secondary market at inflated prices. I was delighted when Hasbro sold some remaining G1 toy stock as mail away exclusives - it allowed me to get some toys that I'd missed out when they were in stores, like Wheeljack, Ratchet and Thundercracker. I found out later when the toys arrived that they were packaged in plastic bags with no box, which was disappointing, but most importantly, I had the toys! :) Then when the 1990/91 Classic reissues came out, I was happy again, and bought more toys that I'd missed out on before -- Sideswipe, Tracks, Prowl, remaining members of gestalt teams etc. And of course, since Takara(TOMY) have been doing reissues since 2000, I've been able to collect even more toys that I'd been missing, or just 'replacing' figures old/worn toys that I already have. ;)

So yeah, don't get me wrong... reissues ROCK! :D

theshape
25th March 2013, 04:52 PM
With collectables, most people want the original. A re print of action comics one may be superior in every way but it's not an action one, you couldn't fairly say you own one. If it's what you want and the price is right, that's the main thing. People will continue to pay stupid money for original things (like me )

Sinnertwin
25th March 2013, 06:26 PM
Quality wise, ive had quite a few problems with reissues. Take Hoist for instance, he's stuck in vehicle mode permanently because his wrist sockets are too small to fit anything. Grapple feels brittle compared to my '85 Inferno.
And the list goes on...
The reissue Fort isnt made to the exact specifications of the original. Most of the reissues aren't, be it screws that they use, assembly or paint apps etc. As close as they may appear to be, they're not the Real McCoy. i still collect reissues though to fill any gaps in my collection that i may not be able to afford otherwise.

1orion2many
25th March 2013, 06:36 PM
I have a couple of reissues in my collection mainly due to cost restrictions. An original Bluestreak before the reissue was a classic example, Red-Alert and Sideswipe are another couple I have but they were more because finding one in decent condition was painful. I do have the reissue TM Hotrod but managed to pick an original off Griffin about a year after the reissue was released for $60.00 in good-excellent condition:). I have Encore FM coming but mainly for the packaging as I already have 2 originals loose complete and a Brave Max as well:o. In essence I'm paying a small fortune for a box that just happens to have a transformer inside:D

GoktimusPrime
25th March 2013, 07:51 PM
Replied to theshape's and Sinnertwin's comments here (http://otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?p=347899#post347899) :)

I have Encore FM coming but mainly for the packaging as I already have 2 originals loose complete and a Brave Max as well:o. In essence I'm paying a small fortune for a box that just happens to have a transformer inside:D
...and swords. :p ;) (unless you already have the original swords)

1orion2many
25th March 2013, 11:39 PM
Replied to theshape's and Sinnertwin's comments here (http://otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?p=347899#post347899) :)

...and swords. :p ;) (unless you already have the original swords)

Alright and a the swords:D

DELTAprime
26th March 2013, 09:29 PM
Just placed my preorder, can't wait for him to turn up.

DarkHyren
30th March 2013, 12:32 AM
Just got an email from Hobby Search, appears that they have Fortress Maximus in stock and are preparing him for shipment!
So excited, might have him by the end of next week if things go ok :D

GoktimusPrime
30th March 2013, 08:42 AM
Yeah, HLJ's processing mine for shipping too. \(^0^)/

5FDP
2nd April 2013, 08:59 AM
According to HK Post, mine's in the country at the dispatch centre. Should be arriving on my doorstep today or tomorrow!!

Krayt
2nd April 2013, 10:20 AM
Little bit better news for me, mines onboard with driver!!!

***edit***

walked past the posties van at lunch.... saw my lil fella but no way was I gonna carry it back to work!

Krayt
2nd April 2013, 02:23 PM
OH NO!!!!!

Max's white is slightly off white!!!!

And the sword has NO screws showing.... EDIT turns out you can insert and remove the blade freely, no need to unscrew the base.

But i'm still shitty, as my screws are protruding a few mil and warping the sticker thats been placed over the top

GoktimusPrime
2nd April 2013, 10:05 PM
You guys use FedEx? I chose Express International Shipping... so not sure how long that'll take. :/

DELTAprime
2nd April 2013, 10:12 PM
You guys use FedEx? I chose Express International Shipping... so not sure how long that'll take. :/

Mine is being sent via EMS. I would have gotten mine today if I lived in Brisbane but since I'm 5 hours north I'll have to wait till tomorrow, or maybe Thursday if Australia Post really wants me to suffer.

Krayt
3rd April 2013, 08:57 AM

I paid for Registered Airmail Parcel from RK, as it was about 40 cheaper, but they sent him EMS anyway....

And ok, i've calmed down now and managed to drag out my boxed US G1 for a side by side. He's not absolute white either, but with the older styrofoam and home lights, the difference isn't as "in your face" as new Maxi was under the fluros at work.

But the red is deeper/darker on New Maxi.

Also to note, there are sticker differences. G1 US Cog has yellow shoulders with Silver details, New Maxi is yellow with Grey. The wheels on his legs are also thinner lines too. Not sure if this was a difference between US/Jap in the day, but both my Maxi are hidden away again now so if someone wants to go over all details with a fine tooth comb, it would be appreciated!

DELTAprime
3rd April 2013, 05:05 PM
Well Fort Max and YOTS Fatimus Prime both turned up today. Guess which one I'm in awe of!!!

jazzcomp
3rd April 2013, 06:02 PM
anyone received from anime export yet?

1orion2many
3rd April 2013, 06:15 PM
Well Fort Max and YOTS Fatimus Prime both turned up today. Guess which one I'm in awe of!!!

Fatimus of course:p:D

GoktimusPrime
3rd April 2013, 09:22 PM
As we're getting in our Encore Fort Maxes, I'd like to encourage folks to consider filling out TakaraTOMY's online feedback survey (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=201) to give them an idea of what you think of the product, especially those of you who may have experienced QA issues.

:)

DELTAprime
4th April 2013, 10:33 PM
Did anyone else have a damaged sticker sheet? My sticker sheet has some damage around number 1 to 7 or so. The only one that's unusable is his Autobot logo so I'm not too concerned, but it was a bummer when everything else about him was 100% perfect.

DarkHyren
5th April 2013, 10:10 AM
I haven't had a chance to have a proper look at him but I got my Maxi this morning :D
What with it coming from Japan I missed out on the coin and jack thingy, but I saved about $60.
I should be able to pick up the coin cheap right, anyone here not want theirs? :p

5FDP
5th April 2013, 03:43 PM
Did anyone else have a damaged sticker sheet? My sticker sheet has some damage around number 1 to 7 or so. The only one that's unusable is his Autobot logo so I'm not too concerned, but it was a bummer when everything else about him was 100% perfect.

Was yours double-taped? Just wondering if they crushed the sticker sheet after they reopened it for inspection.

DELTAprime
5th April 2013, 05:02 PM
Was yours double-taped? Just wondering if they crushed the sticker sheet after they reopened it for inspection.

On closer inspection it looks like they opened it from the bottom. My guess is that the damage was caused by a careless packer the first time they sealed it up as the stickers came out flat, not bent around the styrofoam.

jazzcomp
5th April 2013, 11:06 PM
For those who have QC issues, where did you buy it from?
Or for those who have good Fort Maxes, who is your source?

GoktimusPrime
9th April 2013, 12:06 AM
For those who have QC issues, where did you buy it from?
Or for those who have good Fort Maxes, who is your source?
My Fort Max is all good. Got it from HLJ.

Just as well I made space for Encore Fort Max shortly after I pre-ordered him in October. My 1987 Autobot section has had a big empty space for the past 5 months that's now finally occupied! ;)
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/Fortress%20Maximus/fortmax_encore08_zpsc3fa1476.jpg

I even managed to find space for the box too. :)
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/Fortress%20Maximus/fortmax_encore07_zps629b9fe2.jpg

P.S.: somewhat ironic... Fortress Maximus is a toy that originally came out in 1987... and he's become my 1687th Transformer! (yeah okay, it would've been even more properly ironic if it were my 1987th Transformer, but I'm no where near that mark yet :p)

GoktimusPrime
9th April 2013, 10:23 PM
Posted some Fort Max action piccies here (http://otca.com.au/boards/showpost.php?p=350099&postcount=2051) :)