PDA

View Full Version : Beast Hunter Ultimate figures - Official images

griffin
16th March 2013, 02:41 AM
In the Ultimate Size class, we have Optimus and Predaking... both of which will be general release items here, but in America, Predaking will be exclusive to Target.

Official Images though - Optimus (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/updated-official-images-transformers-prime-beast-hunters-ultimate-optimus-prime/26877/) & Predaking (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/updated-official-images-transformers-prime-beast-hunters-beast-fire-predaking/26883/).

liegeprime
16th March 2013, 05:13 PM
how big is Ultimate size? is it the label now for what used to be Leader class size? I might get this version of Predaking instead of the voyager currently on retail. That prime is... hideous. what the heck is that wheel attachment weapon thing?:confused: I like the sword and the shield though it needs more paint apps really, plain gray is just LAZY HASBRO!! Oh also Prime's head is puny!

kaiden
16th March 2013, 05:16 PM
i just want the weapons...

griffin
16th March 2013, 09:20 PM
how big is Ultimate size? is it the label now for what used to be Leader class size? I might get this version of Predaking instead of the voyager currently on retail. That prime is... hideous. what the heck is that wheel attachment weapon thing?:confused: I like the sword and the shield though it needs more paint apps really, plain gray is just LAZY HASBRO!! Oh also Prime's head is puny!

Ultimate looks to be 2-3 times the size of Voyager, based on the pics at the Toyfair (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=15481) (I probably should have put them next to each other for a photo, so you have to take into account the space between them).

Price though is US$20 Vs US$60... so the Ultimate should be 3 times the size as a Voyager to be worth being three times the price.
Unfortunately, some of that extra cost will be for the gimmick element of those larger toys, making the actual toy seem like less value.

liegeprime
16th March 2013, 09:47 PM
hmmm it does seem 2-3 times bigger from your pics griffin. hopefully the electronic lights and sound doesn't hinder the toy though. Hmmm if it shelfwarms though they could bring the price of it down heheh, keeping fingers crossed.:p

Tetsuwan Convoy
16th March 2013, 10:23 PM
Spinning cannons hey OPtimus??? Looks like he is carrying a Star Gate around on his back.
Eargh!

Bidoofdude
17th March 2013, 07:54 PM
If Predaking is big enough, he might make a good scale version of the character.:cool:

SuspectimusPrime
17th March 2013, 10:25 PM
A new headsculpt and repainted in army-green, OP can be the new Bulkhead after getting back in shape :p

OP's Portable-Stargate weapon may have a Gundam influence? Don't recall the exact mobile suit model, but it resembles those weapons that fly off on its own and zig zag around space.

GoktimusPrime
17th March 2013, 10:32 PM
Just finished watching the first two eps of BH, and I gotta say...

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/spoileralert.jpg

Predaking is HUGE! :eek: The Ultimate version will probably be more better scaled with the other toys. -- of course, this alone isn't gonna make me rush out and buy one purely for that reason (I already made that mistake with ROTF Combiner Class Devastator -- even getting it on sale I felt massively ripped off). But for people who care about that sort of thing, I can see the appeal. :)

5FDP
18th March 2013, 10:11 AM
Just finished watching the first two eps of BH

How? It hasn't aired yet :confused:

GoktimusPrime
18th March 2013, 10:21 AM
Found it on YouTube. Quality is terrible though. :rolleyes:

SuspectimusPrime
18th March 2013, 12:22 PM
I watched it last night after reading your post after trying to figure out how you traveled to the future and back again to out-first everybody :p Enjoyed the dialogue between the Decepticons in this one. Wished the recording - fixed audio version - didn't include a guy vigilantly flapping a giant piece of sheet metal next to the speaker for that bootleg aesthetic ;) Can't wait for the HD version :)

griffin
18th March 2013, 01:10 PM
How? It hasn't aired yet :confused:

The first three episodes had screened in Singapore (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showpost.php?p=346599&postcount=29) on Friday as a "movie", and a very bad copy is on youtube. (goes for 58 minutes)

SMHFConvoy
18th March 2013, 08:41 PM
Ah, that really isn't what I would consider a spoiler ;-)

Anyway I prefer the look of the ultimates crossbows as opposed the voyagers hydra-blasters
But I'll wait for some reviews

5FDP
19th March 2013, 08:27 AM
Found it on YouTube. Quality is terrible though. :rolleyes:

The first three episodes had screened in Singapore (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showpost.php?p=346599&postcount=29) on Friday as a "movie", and a very bad copy is on youtube. (goes for 58 minutes)

Thanks guys. I'm a patient person; I'll wait for a HD copy.

Jaisun
19th March 2013, 11:48 AM
Are these aimed at children, or is my taste getting too particular? I'm really trying to like BH, but it's not happening... Then again, BW and BM did nothing for me either, so I guess it could just be me preferring the more transport oriented alts. Maybe if I watch some with my son I might see the appeal if I understand the concept better.

BigTransformerTrev
19th March 2013, 01:18 PM
I usually like to get the biggest (which usually means most detailed) version of a character, which means I often get annoyed when I get the deluxe of something and then they bring out a Voyager. Think I might grab this huge Predaking, but will most likely give huge Optimus a miss. Was going to grab the Voyager Optimus but after reading all the bad reviews of the toy and its weaknesses I might give it a miss too.

Starscream77
19th March 2013, 01:22 PM
Yeah i am with Trev, i think for scale the Predaking will be on my list but the Op just doesnt interest me

Sinnertwin
19th March 2013, 08:05 PM
52.5cm wingspan... Not bad, still not enough for me to drop the dosh though.

lancalot
19th March 2013, 09:46 PM
the thing that killing it for me is the tails sword:confused: it looks stuip.... it making the dragon mode limited! It could of been so good.. .it a figgin dragon!! With this scale of a figure they could put in alot of articulation :mad: he looks really stiff to me. in both mode.. well only time will tell when a full review is done

GoktimusPrime
19th March 2013, 10:48 PM
the thing that killing it for me is the tails sword:confused: it looks stuip.... it making the dragon mode limited! It could of been so good.. .it a figgin dragon!!
So true... the Voyager actually has a way better looking sword (shame he can barely hold it for crap but :rolleyes:), and the hind leg transformation doesn't look as clever as the Voyager either. It looks like the lower legs both rotate 180 degrees to become the hind legs, which makes it little more than a "stand up and transform" quadruped (at least the legs do spin though). The Voyager actually is rather clever in its transformation -- the legs form the hindquarters, and the hind legs actually flip out from inside the lower legs (so they don't become kibble in robot mode).

Looking at the pics of Ultimate Predaking, things that look better than the Voyager (other than size) include:
+ Better paint apps
+ Better looking tail (but worse looking sword)

Both toys come with a pair of missile launchers - the Voyager's are the Hydra heads, and the Ultimate has those crossbow looking weapons. I don't think one is necessarily better or worse than the other... they're all missile launchers, so I guess it's a matter of personal taste if one prefers crossbows or hydra heads. :o I can't tell from the photo, but hopefully Ultimate Predaking can actually hold his sword properly. :rolleyes: But yeah... on closer examination I really don't feel the urge to get this toy when I already have the Voyager. I usually end up regret getting the bigger and dearer toys first, only to have smaller and cheaper versions come out later.
e.g.:
+ ROTF Megatron -- bought the Leader Class toy, then the Voyager came out. In hindsight I wish I'd skipped the Leader and gotten the Voyager instead.
+ Ultimate Optimus Prime -- bought this toy cos I wanted the trailer (certainly not for the wingaling Mega Pretender shell mode!), then about a year later they released the Deluxe version! (which I did get) Gah!

liegeprime
20th March 2013, 08:39 AM
Been collecting this long Gok and you still fall sucker for Hasbro's ploys heheheh :D but then don't we all?

GoktimusPrime
20th March 2013, 09:32 AM
Been collecting this long Gok and you still fall sucker for Hasbro's ploys heheheh :D but then don't we all?
;) Heh... pretty much. ;) That's why Shadow Strike Bumblebee is my current Holy Grail... I totally skipped this toy when it was out, then I saw that Bumblebee is now sporting these colours in TFP Season 3, so now I want it! :rolleyes: #such.a.sucker :p

With ROTF Leader Megatron, at the time that I bought it, I didn't know that there was going to be a Voyager Class coming out. So I bought it, then found out about the Voyager and thought, "D'oh!" -- I should've held off and waited!! :rolleyes: With Predaking I didn't find out about the Ultimate Class coming out until after I'd bought the Voyager (though in this case I think my ignorance may have worked out in my favour ;)).

With DOTM Ultimate Optimus Prime, at the time that toy was out, it was the only movieverse Optimus Prime toy in the Hasbro market with a trailer. It wasn't until a year later that the Deluxe version came out... so I don't think anyone knew at the time that there would be a smaller and cheaper version coming out later. Ah well... if I could predict the future, I'd be winning every Melbourne Cup and Lotto game and money would be no object! :D :cool: