PDA

View Full Version : Transformers character designs book from IDW

Sam
11th July 2008, 02:57 PM
Hey all, saw a book titled "The Ark II: A compendium of Japanese character designs" today at Phantom Zone, Parramatta.

$27.55, published by IDW.

I asked the guy when "Ark I" was released, and he said he didn't know, and that "Ark II" only came in yesterday.

There was only one copy left so I grabbed it.

Part of the back cover reads "...Meet characters such as GOD GINRAI, LIO, KAISER, DARK NOVA, STAR CONVOY, VICTORY LEO..." and "...features hundreds of characters, well over a thousand designs, and comprehensive notes on names and terminology..."

Kinokuniya in the city or other comic stores may have copies left.

llamatron
11th July 2008, 06:33 PM
I have the first Ark book and it's really good. I plan on getting the Ark II from Amazon later in the month.

Sam
11th July 2008, 10:48 PM
Oops ... just saw that there's a thread about this already here:
http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=1569

Mods please merge if necessary, thanks.

----------
Regarding the book - Actually just letting you know the second one is in black and white (is this the case with the first?).

I think it will be worth it if you're interested in seeing how the artwork is done - otherwise save your money as the information about the figures and region differences is probably stuff you can find on the web anyway. :)

Paulbot
12th July 2008, 07:48 PM
Both books are in black and white, it's just the plain black and white character models of the US series in book one and the Japanese series in book two (with some overlap of the Headmaster/Targetmaster characters).

A sightings thread for it is fine, it may show up in regular book shops.

Pipesqueak
13th July 2008, 06:02 PM
Yeah, the first one showed up in Borders, for example, so maybe this one will too.