PDA

View Full Version : April JP Magazine scans - featuring Transformers GO!

griffin
22nd March 2013, 02:34 PM
Some scans of next month's Japanese hobby/toy magazines (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/new-magazine-scans-reveal-takara-tomy-transformers-go-figures/26919/) are showing off the next batch of Transformers from Japan...

Transformers GO! (TFPrime Beast Hunters) with none of the bright colours Hasbro put on their toys (Bulkhead is the same green of the previous Bulkhead toys)
EG EZ (another release of Gen1 Legends toys, some with new colours... plus a couple TFPrime toys)
Masterpiece Prowl & Bluestreak
Generations Autobot FOC Discs (out in April)
Red BAPE Optimus

griffin
22nd March 2013, 02:41 PM
It's interesting to note that the difference in JP colours to Hasbro colours (not just with Beast Hunters, but similarly with the Generations Combaticons), it goes to show the forces in play in the two markets... In the western market, dictated by the major chains like Walmart, Hasbro has to create a range of eye-catchingly colourful toys to make the line stand out against all the others in the store, but in Japan it would seem that there are more independent stores and collector-focused online stores that are more selective with what they stock, for the JP toy companies to be focusing on what the end consumer wants... not what the retailer wants in the Western Markets.

Then again, I don't know what TakaraTomy were thinking with their hideously bright redecos of the BotShots toys...

Tetsuwan Convoy
22nd March 2013, 02:47 PM
On that point, it'd be interesting to see how sales would go if Hasbro adopted the Taktom strategy. We'll just assume the the retailers accepted it and ordered normally without any ego in the way of course.

Surely though, with all these toylines coming up with bright colours to sell in america, we'll end up with such brightly coloured figures that the ones that stand out would be the NORMAL figures.

I call it the colour figure event horizon.:cool::D

Kazza
22nd March 2013, 03:10 PM
Noticed in the scans of MP Prowl/Bluestreak, amazon exclusive accessories, what looks to be attachable missiles.

Tallestblue
22nd March 2013, 06:08 PM
Beast Hunters Optimus with blue plastic? SOLD!!

Ode to a Grasshopper
22nd March 2013, 06:23 PM
Dammit. I was hoping for an AM Skyquake release before we hit BH over here.:(

Sinnertwin
22nd March 2013, 09:56 PM
Blue window BH Prime?!? :D Sooooo tempting...

Hursticon
22nd March 2013, 09:58 PM
Bah! - I wanted to see pics of the 2 'Getter Robo'-inspired combiners they've been cooking up! :o

Quickstrike
22nd March 2013, 10:33 PM
No more Arms Micron Weapons. :(

griffin
22nd March 2013, 11:31 PM
Official images of the GO toys shown in those scans have now been put up by TakaraTomy, and can be seen here (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/japanese-transformers-40/transformers-go-official-images-177115/).

griffin
1st April 2013, 06:42 PM
Full scans of the Figure King Magazine (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/full-scans-from-figure-king-april-2013/26977/), giving some clearer images of upcoming JP toys.