PDA

View Full Version : WTB masterpiece MP8x comic grimlock

lancalot
27th March 2013, 09:39 PM
I know it a long shot but he the last i need in my masterpiece line ....
So any one got one that they want to off load or know anyone that does ,can you push him my way :cool:
cheers

Kazza
27th March 2013, 10:40 PM
Man I'm after one as well, and i've been hunting for the best part of a year. I've budgeted myself $400 for it. I'm curious, you have all other hasbro/takara masterpieces? Cause if you do i'm very impressed.:eek::cool:

lancalot
27th March 2013, 11:09 PM
Man I'm after one as well, and i've been hunting for the best part of a year. I've budgeted myself $400 for it. I'm curious, you have all other hasbro/takara masterpieces? Cause if you do i'm very impressed.:eek::cool:

yeah i do .....thanks..... my mp4s sleepmode just came yesterday... it was brand new but didn't have the card :mad: .... did a research about it and some just didn't have the card because it suppose to be limited editions but they release more of them ! :)
well actually im also missing the Gold lucky draw mp1 masterpiece ...but that going to be an impossible mission! :rolleyes:

Kazza
27th March 2013, 11:12 PM
yeah i do .....thanks..... my mp4s sleepmode just came yesterday... it was brand new but didn't have the card :mad: .... did a research about it and some just didn't have the card because it suppose to be limited editions but they release more of them ! :)
well actually im also missing the Gold lucky draw mp1 masterpiece ...but that going to be an impossible mission! :rolleyes:

Yes the absolute holy grail of masterpieces... i would love to own one, but i can only dream.

lancalot
27th March 2013, 11:18 PM
Yes the absolute holy grail of masterpieces... i would love to own one, but i can only dream.

have you seen this one?

http://arqspin.com/s/3w2col7yh9vdx

Kazza
27th March 2013, 11:59 PM
have you seen this one?

http://arqspin.com/s/3w2col7yh9vdx

Is that a knock-off/custom?!!:eek: Cause i never heard of MP-11 lucky draw.

lancalot
28th March 2013, 12:30 AM
Is that a knock-off/custom?!!:eek: Cause i never heard of MP-11 lucky draw.
it a custom.... he should be arriving next week :D
that guy specialize in chroming transformer toys...should see his Foc Grimlock

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Concepts-in-Chrome/119282241481288

Kazza
28th March 2013, 12:33 AM
it a custom.... he should be arriving next week :D
that guy specialize in chroming transformer toys...should see his Foc Grimlock

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Concepts-in-Chrome/119282241481288

:eek::eek::eek: Oh man i hate that toy, but seeing it chromed... its freaking beautiful!!!

Deonasis
28th March 2013, 01:08 AM
Best wishes to you both in getting a MP-08x, he is outstanding.
Now for what I am jelly about.. Sleep Convoy! Congrats I really want that but the price is sizeable and the Hastak new release train would not stop long enough for me to save up.

Kazza
28th March 2013, 01:09 AM
Best wishes to you both in getting a MP-08x, he is outstanding.
Now for what I am jelly about.. Sleep Convoy! Congrats I really want that but the price is sizeable and the Hastak new release train would not stop long enough for me to save up.

Robot kingdom has it for 279.00 plus postage MISB, best price i've seen it anywhere online.

Deonasis
28th March 2013, 01:59 AM
Robot kingdom has it for 279.00 plus postage MISB, best price i've seen it anywhere online.That is pretty good. Just trying to gather funds for Fort Max, APS Brawl, and MP preorders - if they all stop -then- I can think about MP-01s :(

Kazza
28th March 2013, 02:27 AM
That is pretty good. Just trying to gather funds for Fort Max, APS Brawl, and MP preorders - if they all stop -then- I can think about MP-01s :(

Ditto, add hasbro titan class metroplex. Than i can focus on mp-04s.

lancalot
28th March 2013, 02:28 PM
that where i got him from ...i just bite the bullet and bought him off Robotkingdom ....and he well worth it for that price ...he even nicer in person...i though he was grey but he actually a dark burgundy colour:eek: :D and his face is white ....so very nice indeed ...
i was about to keep him in the box but i remember about the batteries in him and decided i take them out , lucky i did because they where leaking already :eek: and that only be 3 years ..2010 they were released .

Kazza
28th March 2013, 04:26 PM
Pretty lucky you spotted the battery leak before it got worst, only masterpiece i had this issue with is Ultra Magnus and Hasbro's DVD edition masterpiece optimus prime.

Bidoofdude
28th March 2013, 07:35 PM
Is the chroming service expensive?;)
Might get him to do a Grimlock for me sometime if it's not too expensive.

lancalot
28th March 2013, 07:50 PM
Is the chroming service expensive?;)
Might get him to do a Grimlock for me sometime if it's not too expensive.

just give him an email...he a good guy... because every figure is different .. he has to fully disassemble the figure etc... so the cost be different...
my one was a masterpiece and that had like 100's pieces! :D

Bidoofdude
28th March 2013, 08:25 PM
How much did the MP set you back. He looks really good.:cool:

Tober
3rd April 2013, 02:30 PM
There were two or three releases for MP-10S. One with the Japanese card, one with the Hasbro Asia card and, apparently, one without a card.

I actually ended up selling my Hasbro release to get a Takara release... Just for the card... :rolleyes:

Beyond the box (and crown) I never really understood the appeal of MP-8X... :confused:

kup
3rd April 2013, 02:37 PM
Beyond the box (and crown) I never really understood the appeal of MP-8X... :confused:

To me it looks freaking awesome. If I had to choose just one release of MP Grimlock on looks alone, it would be MP-8X.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7g55DhdBM4

Deonasis
3rd April 2013, 03:54 PM
Sooo shiney:eek:

lancalot
3rd April 2013, 07:47 PM
To me it looks freaking awesome. If I had to choose just one release of MP Grimlock on looks alone, it would be MP-8X.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7g55DhdBM4

Yeah the paint job on the mp8x so nice ! And i rather have the crown then the other accessories like the thinking cap thing and the waiter set ...who actually display your grimlock being a waiter :confused:

Kazza
4th April 2013, 09:48 PM
Yeah the paint job on the mp8x so nice ! And i rather have the crown then the other accessories like the thinking cap thing and the waiter set ...who actually display your grimlock being a waiter :confused:

Hahah... I got two MP grimlocks (hasbro and takara) so i do display one in dinobot as a waiter and the other in robot mode with crown, sword and gun. :D

Megatran
16th March 2014, 09:32 AM
How much does Masterpiece King Grimlock MP-8X fetch in today's market? eBay prices are ridiculous. Is he that rare?

lancalot
16th March 2014, 10:58 AM
How much does Masterpiece King Grimlock MP-8X fetch in today's market? eBay prices are ridiculous. Is he that rare?

you can get him for around $500 if you look hard enough .... but a gave up on him now as im not going to paid more then 350 for him anymore .... I guess he be my grail for a while , to finish of my masterpiece collection , but now im over the "collect them all" mentality ....
Also there are so many 3party dinobot coming out soon and masterpieces that keeping me happy and other collection like macross and hottoys ...:D