PDA

View Full Version : Generations(FOC) Voyager Wave 2 Skipped for Aus

Bidoofdude
2nd April 2013, 10:10 PM
Hi all,:cool:
Just got a reply back from Hasbro and it unfortunately looks like Australia will be skipping the second wave of Fall of Cybertron Generations Voyagers, which include Blaster and Grimlock.:(
I received the following reply:
"Hi Ryan,

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately, there are no plans to introduce this wave of Transformers to the Australian consumers.

If you wish to purchase the wave from overseas, please try an independent site that send s to Australia as Hasbro.com is an American site and will only service American and Canadian consumers.

I am sorry I cannot assist you.

Hasbro Consumer Services
T: 1-300-138-697 - custservau@hasbro.com "

As many of you may have noticed from the lack of these on store shelves, any of us who have not already will have to order from online retailers.

On the bright side, from stores such as RK and BBTS, it is significantly cheaper to get them here shipped for considerably less than retail prices, which is good for those uncomfortable with retail prices.:cool:;)

1AZRAEL1
2nd April 2013, 10:25 PM
Well that is just BS. The first wave of figures i don't order online to wait for them to come out here, only to have them say we ain't getting. I'm gonna order all online from now on so i don't miss out. Last time i checked bbts they were all gone. Now to track them down.

Trent
2nd April 2013, 10:32 PM
Why would they skip it? And what logic do they use to determine what waves we get and what waves we miss??

Sinnertwin
2nd April 2013, 10:35 PM
Well that is just BS. The first wave of figures i don't order online to wait for them to come out here, only to have them say we ain't getting. I'm gonna order all online from now on so i don't miss out. Last time i checked bbts they were all gone. Now to track them down.

RK, I ordered both this afternoon. I had an inkling this was going to happen :(

CBratron
2nd April 2013, 11:51 PM
You could always try ebay. A quick search shows $43.99 from Taiwan (free shipping) and $48 from the US (also free shipping).

Sky Shadow
3rd April 2013, 08:56 AM
Hasbro doesn't have a clue what it's doing, so it's always meaningless to ask what they will or won't ultimately be stocking on shelves.

5FDP
3rd April 2013, 08:57 AM
I'm gonna order all online from now on so i don't miss out.

QFT! I want to support local retail but situations like this make it almost impossible. Do you wait and see, and in turn miss out only to pay inflated prices on the second-hand market, or do you simply order online to guarantee you'll get the toy that you want only to learn that a local release is cheaper and includes more 'extras' i.e. MP Soundwave. I'm finding myself buying more and more online these days.

Jaisun
3rd April 2013, 11:49 AM
Why would they skip it? And what logic do they use to determine what waves we get and what waves we miss??

Voyager Primes shelf-warming everywhere...

1AZRAEL1
3rd April 2013, 11:58 AM

Voyager Soundwaves didn't. Seems to be just random what they will stock. At least to me anyway.

Jaisun
3rd April 2013, 12:35 PM
Voyager Soundwaves didn't. Seems to be just random what they will stock. At least to me anyway.

Pretty much... Ha$bro seems to brand all TF's together, so if Primes sell bad but FoC sell well, the fact there are any TF's shelf-warming = no more TF's, regardless of sub-brand... =o(

1AZRAEL1
3rd April 2013, 12:53 PM
Yea instead of pushing the ones that actually succeed :p :rolleyes:

5FDP
3rd April 2013, 01:30 PM

Just goes to show what they need is an injection of new characters, not more Primes or Bumblebees ;)

Gouki
3rd April 2013, 02:58 PM
I emailed them asking "why" and if there was any kind of cirteria used to justify what they release. Not expecting much, but let's see.

Either way, the current Hasbro AU is not a company I could ever see importing MP-02.

reillyd
3rd April 2013, 03:20 PM
I think we should conclude that there won't be a release of Blasters casseticons also, if there is no autobot voyager to go with them

Tallestblue
3rd April 2013, 03:32 PM
Aww man, that sucks for people who don't have these guys.

Quickstrike
3rd April 2013, 09:29 PM
I kinda wish I had kept my pre-order for Blaster and his buddies. I'll get over it.

VERT
4th April 2013, 12:37 AM
What gets me with Hasbro is what they do release. Take Prime. Last year we had wave 1 warming the shelves all year. Bee, Wheeljack, Soundwave. So what do they release for wave one of Beast Hunters. A retooled Bee, Wheeljack and Soundwave. Good job Hasbro well done.

Blairimus2563
4th April 2013, 02:30 PM
I thought for certain we were going to get them because they were pictured at Toyfair...My FOC Display is going to look lame now without Grimlock.

BigTransformerTrev
4th April 2013, 06:26 PM
Just goes to show what they need is an injection of new characters, not more Primes or Bumblebees ;)

+1000000!

What gets me with Hasbro is what they do release. Take Prime. Last year we had wave 1 warming the shelves all year. Bee, Wheeljack, Soundwave. So what do they release for wave one of Beast Hunters. A retooled Bee, Wheeljack and Soundwave. Good job Hasbro well done.

Yep - the only thing is it will make saving for the new Generations easier - got no interest in buying the same toys again but with a pretty make-over

Sutton
4th April 2013, 07:31 PM
+1000000!

Yep - the only thing is it will make saving for the new Generations easier - got no interest in buying the same toys again but with a pretty make-over

You and I are looking at different toys, obviously :D

The Beast Hunters retools are some of the most god-ugly things released since G2...

Sutton
4th April 2013, 07:39 PM
The shame of this is that Blaster and his discs are actually superior (IMHO) to the Soundwave and co releases. The colour, body shape etc suit Blaster so much better than Soundwave, and Eject and Rewind are heaps more 'nostalgia' inducing than Frenzy and Rumble.

I gave up buying locally a loooong time ago. Anything 'essential' to my collection I order online, the only local releases I get are random impulse buys. And I'm pretty sure Hasbro as a whole don't give a crap where the $$$ come from.

Interested to see what happens with Metroplex however.

Tober
4th April 2013, 09:52 PM
There's not much point blaming Hasbro Australia for decisions made by retailers... etc...

Plus Grimlock is probably cheaper through eBay anyway.

CHILENO20
5th April 2013, 06:59 PM
So glad I bought Grimlock online now. Demonac told me that might be the case. Well I guess it's time to look for new deals online. Shipping is always the issue though, oh well.

Spiritprime
20th April 2013, 04:22 PM
Seriously? SERIOUSLY???

I waited all this time just to get FOC Grimlock and NOW they tell us they're SKIPPING Australia? F**k you, Aus HasBLOW!

Bidoofdude
20th April 2013, 04:32 PM
Seriously? SERIOUSLY???

I waited all this time just to get FOC Grimlock and NOW they tell us they're SKIPPING Australia? F**k you, Aus HasBLOW!

I'm not as annoyed as the fact that basically all we're getting this year of Major interest is the Platinum Stuff, Metroplex, the MPs and the not-so interesting to me, Wrecker wave (retools).

That's basically it... :mad:

Sinnertwin
20th April 2013, 11:51 PM
I gave up buying locally a loooong time ago. Anything 'essential' to my collection I order online, the only local releases I get are random impulse buys. And I'm pretty sure Hasbro as a whole don't give a crap where the $$$ come from.

This. If i see anything at work i'm always comparing import prices.
IIRC, Last i checked their International profit was +7% while their Domestic was -15%.

CBratron
21st April 2013, 12:26 PM
That's right folks. Retail doesn't care about you.
Could've been a much larger problem if our dollar wasn't so strong.