PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Here!!

komikskolektor
12th July 2008, 04:01 PM
Hi there , Im a newbie here, sydney based TF fans. I love transformers eversince, but growing up in The Philippines limits my fascination with transformers to just watching the show. Now living in Sydney, after watching the TF MOVIE my passion re ignites, I began researching about the original show and found out that most of the artist who worked on the original series were mostly filipinos.I also collect and read comics,I also collect vintage japanese godaikin robots, I airbrush shirts and canvas. As for the toys, THANK GOD for re issues, as much as I want my hands on those original toys. Guess I have to settle with the re issue ones and the movie toys. Just starting to collect figures, so far I've got a handful. Well, thats my story. See you around!!:)

Pulse
12th July 2008, 04:03 PM
Hey Mate! :)

I've lost my straightjacket - Can you help me find it? :D

loophole
12th July 2008, 04:31 PM
welcome to Ozformers

please leave you sanity at the door and have a good time:)

GoktimusPrime
12th July 2008, 04:32 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/boardwelcome.jpg

komikskolektor
12th July 2008, 04:37 PM
thanks guys!

Nova Prime
12th July 2008, 06:16 PM
Welcome! :D

Trailer Park Ninja
12th July 2008, 06:24 PM
Welcome , it's good to have another Sydneysider TF fan on board :D

komikskolektor
12th July 2008, 06:25 PM
Thanks heaps guys.. I'm new to collecting TF figures, though I'm a fan of the show in the mid 80's..

Nova Prime
12th July 2008, 06:40 PM
Thanks heaps guys.. I'm new to collecting TF figures, though I'm a fan of the show in the mid 80's..

We all have to start somewhere Komikskolektor, I just recently started collecting as well. But as Liegeprime pointed out, it's not the size of your collection it's how much it's loved that counts.

komikskolektor
12th July 2008, 06:43 PM
We all have to start somewhere Komikskolektor, I just recently started collecting as well. But as Liegeprime pointed out, it's not the size of your collection it's how much it's loved that counts.
yup, it's true! It's not the`size, it's how you enjoy having them:D

Robzy
12th July 2008, 06:48 PM
Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong! :)

Sam
12th July 2008, 09:18 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum. I like your dA site too! :)

komikskolektor
12th July 2008, 09:23 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum. I like your dA site too! :)
thanks man!

liegeprime
12th July 2008, 09:54 PM
Mabuhay Fellow Filo! Welcome to the boards! I see youve just attended the last Toycon. missed that but am planning to go on holidays next year by June para timing. Enjoy your stay!!

1orion2many
12th July 2008, 09:59 PM
:)Welcome aboard, Sanity is an option but not a necessity:D

iceburn
12th July 2008, 10:00 PM
welcome komister!!!

komikskolektor
12th July 2008, 10:02 PM
Mabuhay Fellow Filo! Welcome to the boards! I see youve just attended the last Toycon. missed that but am planning to go on holidays next year by June para timing. Enjoy your stay!!
I'm goin back this december, meron yata ulit . I'm new to TF collecting, I collect mostly comics and vintage robots.

liegeprime
12th July 2008, 10:05 PM
Thats the Xmas Sale in Megatrade hall (kada Xmas season):D. I collect comics as well - well DC titles and anything TF related comics. I haven't migrated my comics collection yet here, that would be my next project as Ive already accomplished migrating the TFs I have left there before.

komikskolektor
12th July 2008, 10:13 PM
Thats the Xmas Sale in Megatrade hall (kada Xmas season):D. I collect comics as well - well DC titles and anything TF related comics. I haven't migrated my comics collection yet here, that would be my next project as Ive already accomplished migrating the TFs I have left there before.
cool! most of the titles I collect were of filipino artist.. at the moment im reading Marvels Secret Invasion , art by talented pinoy artist Leinil Yu (Whilce Portacio's protege) , Yu's managed to be at WIZARDS magazine top 10 artist for at least 10 years now, currently number 3. Speaking of great artist, most of the guys who did the animation for the original TF cartoon series were mostly pinoys.:)

STL
13th July 2008, 12:35 AM
Welcome aboard.

Borgeman
13th July 2008, 12:41 AM
Welcome aboard..

hotaru_oz
13th July 2008, 12:48 AM
Hey welcome to the board.
Ah I see you're a comic book collector as well :)

komikskolektor
13th July 2008, 07:46 AM
Ah I see you're a comic book collector as well :)
well, I only collect titles that I really like and mostly filipino artists

Trailer Park Ninja
13th July 2008, 10:36 AM
Glebe NSW? Hey we're practically neighbours :D Were you the one who cleaned out all the MP04's at Target Broadway? :p:p:p j/king

komikskolektor
13th July 2008, 05:44 PM
Glebe NSW? Hey we're practically neighbours :D Were you the one who cleaned out all the MP04's at Target Broadway? :p:p:p j/king
hahahaha I don't have one either, though there's lots in Target BUrwood westfield. I lay by one for my self..

GoktimusPrime
13th July 2008, 09:58 PM
Ah I see you're a comic book collector as well
well, I only collect titles that I really like and mostly filipino artists
Are either of you Transformers comic book collectors? :)

http://www.tfarchive.com/comics/marvel/covers/us01.jpghttp://www.tfarchive.com/comics/idw/images/movieuk01.jpg

komikskolektor
14th July 2008, 03:52 PM
I used to have a few 80's issues

Tiby
14th July 2008, 07:05 PM
Welcome aboard!

komikskolektor
14th July 2008, 08:03 PM
Thanks guys!!! I feel very :):)welcome here already!!!

ChlorHex
14th July 2008, 08:41 PM
Hey, welcome!
Love your vintage bot collection!
Awesome stuff! :)

komikskolektor
15th July 2008, 06:14 AM
Hey, welcome!
Love your vintage bot collection!
Awesome stuff! :)
Thanks man..though I'm new to this TF collection

autobreadticon
15th July 2008, 01:40 PM
Hi , welcome to teh board, its never to late to start collecting :)

autobreadticon
16th July 2008, 05:31 PM
Hay we Melbourne folk are all love, if your free come down to the next melbourne meet, we need more tanned (i make stupid assumptions if im wrong) transformer fans in Melbourne

komikskolektor
16th July 2008, 06:53 PM
Hay we Melbourne folk are all love, if your free come down to the next melbourne meet, we need more tanned (i make stupid assumptions if im wrong) transformer fans in Melbourne
got a few relo's there:)

autobreadticon
16th July 2008, 10:12 PM
oops , accidently sent the wrong message to you....... (meant for someone else)
your from Sydney , sry i forgot....:)