PDA

View Full Version : How would you like to see HasTak commemorate the 30th anniversary of Transformers?

GoktimusPrime
18th April 2013, 12:07 PM
Your suggestions/wishes for what you'd like to see. :)

I just voted on that fan bot thingie, but I'd really like to see HasTak have a competition where fans can submit character/toy designs, then build a toy based off the winning entries! Takara did this back in 1999 with Beast Wars Neo -- the winning designs became Mach Kick (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Mach_Kick), Archadis (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Archadis) and Bazooka (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Bazooka_(BWN)). :cool: In 1998 Takara held a character design contest where the winning design was used as a character in the Beast Wars II manga (the winner was Star Upper (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Star_Upper_(BWII)) who also made a brief appearance in the Beast Wars Neo cartoon). They could run a similar competition for a character to appear in the IDW comics or other canonical material (like say an unlockable character in a game). :)

HasTak could also offer up some fully chromed prize TF toys, similar to the ones we see as Lucky Draw Prizes. But in this case the prize would be awarded on merit, and not random luck!

5FDP
18th April 2013, 01:17 PM
About 8 months ago I would have said an Encore release of Fortress Maximus. Now that they've done that, I got nothing. I'm a happy little camper :D

BigTransformerTrev
18th April 2013, 01:38 PM
2 non-toy ideas: (perish the thought!)

*A huge long documentary chronicalling the thirty year history of the Transformers through all it's iterations, interviews with toy designers, voice actors, writers, fans etc etc.

*A GIANT book covering the 30 years of the Transformers that makes the likes of TF the Ultimate Guide and The TF Vault look like phamplets (frankly always wanted to do one myself)

Bidoofdude
18th April 2013, 05:45 PM
Some reissues or some history stuff would be nice, IMO. :D;)

CBratron
18th April 2013, 05:54 PM
I have a poor appreciation of pre-Animated molds so reissues are wasted on me.

BTTrev's idea of a commemorative book is nice but I'd prefer something coffe table book sized. Perhaps a series of these books divided up into eras.

Starscream77
18th April 2013, 07:30 PM
2 non-toy ideas: (perish the thought!)

*A huge long documentary chronicalling the thirty year history of the Transformers through all it's iterations, interviews with toy designers, voice actors, writers, fans etc etc.

*A GIANT book covering the 30 years of the Transformers that makes the likes of TF the Ultimate Guide and The TF Vault look like phamplets (frankly always wanted to do one myself)

I think these are both brilliant ideas, I would be all over both of these

GoktimusPrime
18th April 2013, 09:15 PM
Transformers Generations is still a brilliant book that covers all the toy aspects from G1 and G2. :) Maybe they could make a series of books like that - it's not too big. Each volume could cover something else; e.g. vol.1 toys, vol.2 cartoon, vol.3 comics etc.

Sinnertwin
19th April 2013, 12:46 AM
BTT, Gok, CBratron, if you 3 were here i'd shake all of your hands. Frankly, i want something that goes beyond Anniversary toys. Some detailed reading material is the kind of thing i'd be very interested in.

Sky Shadow
19th April 2013, 10:02 AM
A thirty-toy commemoration toyline with one reissue from every single year since 1984 plus one new toy.

kup
19th April 2013, 10:24 AM
I just hope it's not like the MOTU 30th anniversary.

DELTAprime
19th April 2013, 02:12 PM
Realistically I'd like to see more Masterpiece figures and reissues of figures we have never gotten like RID.

If Hasbro and Takara had all the money in the world to throw at it I'd like to see old molds that have been damaged, destroyed or lost recreated to preserve the old lines for the future.

Skullcruncher
19th April 2013, 03:34 PM
Create a new reissue line, I don't think we have enough Primes, Starscreams and Hoists out there. :D Just jokes.

My Personal best case scenario - maybe a book or book series with more specific information that covers everything one can imagine, generations is ok but it could be even better.

In terms of toys - I think new lines / more masterpieces etc would be most beneficial to transformers growing. No more reissues fark TT get creative! IMO reissue molds are getting worse everytime the same character is released - thus making even the KO molds look good.

My personal worst case scenairo - Dinobots are reissued because they somehow turn out to be in the next movie, leading onto all message boards being flooded with bitter fanboy tears for the next 5 years. :cool:

DELTAprime
19th April 2013, 08:17 PM
My personal worst case scenairo - Dinobots are reissued because they somehow turn out to be in the next movie, leading onto all message boards being flooded with bitter fanboy tears for the next 5 years. :cool:

You don't have to worry about that unless Hasbro or Takara make new G1 Dinobot molds. All the Dinobot G1 molds are lost, nobody knows where they are or if they even still exist.

GoktimusPrime
19th April 2013, 08:21 PM
No more reissues fark TT get creative! IMO reissue molds are getting worse everytime the same character is released - thus making even the KO molds look good.
I somewhat agree. I don't want to see any more reissues of toys that have already been reissued, but rather reissues of toys that have never been reissued (since 2000).

The Dinobots would be a no brainer if they could do it (judging from TakTOM's Fort Max survey, it seems that they are taking it under serious consideration) -- those toys would sell like hotcakes. Hopefully if they succeed, TakTOM would be inclined to reissue other never before reissued toys (including Takara G1 ;)).

But I'd really like to see Hasbro focus more on Generations; the upcoming stuff looks like it has potential. Bring on Generations Arcee!!