PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Micromaster (?) Landcross

groovyguy
21st April 2013, 07:31 PM
Hi guys, I've been looking into this toy for a little while, but can not really find the answers I'm searching for, any help would be appreciated :)

1) How big is it compared to the original?

2) How big is it in general? Would it be good for a classics shelf?

GoktimusPrime
21st April 2013, 09:02 PM
The reissue (2002 btw, not 2004) Landcross set was marketed as "Micromaster Deluxe" because they came out around the time of the Micromaster gestalt reissues, but they're really not Micromasters. In G1 they were part of a sub group known as Multi Force; a precursor to Transformer Energon's Powerlinx gimmick (only better!).

As reissues they're exactly the same size as the original G1 Multi Force toys. The individual robots (Wing, Waver, Dash, Tacker, Mach, Tackle) are each about 8cm tall (the average Micromaster is about 5cm tall). Their combined robot modes (e.g. Dashtacker, Machtackle, Wingwaver) are about 11cm tall each. The gestalt Landcross mode is 23cm tall.

The main difference between the reissues and the originals are that the originals have all tampographed logos/decos whereas the original G1 relies on stickers. Each of the individual robots have tampographed logos (which the G1s lack). Their faces have different colours and separately coloured eyes, whereas the G1s have the same colour for the face and eyes --- but the G1s' face colours are more show like though. I personally prefer the colours of the faces on the reissues, but the G1s are better for those who prefer show likeness. The biggest variation is Tackle - the G1's vermilion has been replaced with orange which looks more like the cartoon, but honestly the vermilion looks a lot nicer on the original G1 (thankfully I have both :D). So yeah, I think both the G1s and originals have their pros and cons. The reissues would probably be cheaper I imagine. I'd recommend getting them loose rather than sealed, because the reissues are all blind packed, and you might end up with a charcoal black 'chase' variant. :o

groovyguy
21st April 2013, 09:33 PM
Thanks for that, I really appreciate the info :D now I just need to find one on Ebay or the boards lol!

BTW, do you think they'll look good on a classics shelf?

Also just to be clear, did you say they're the same size as their G1 counterparts :eek:

Sky Shadow
21st April 2013, 10:10 PM
This is my stealth Landcross - if you recognise any of the other toys you can work out the basic scale from that.

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/7494/p8290433.jpg

He's awesome - just six vehicles can transform into thirty-seven different robots of three different scales. When you find him, much fiddling fun will ensue.

Slag
21st April 2013, 10:20 PM
what the hell is that green and yellow King Kong thing?:p

Sky Shadow
21st April 2013, 10:30 PM
what the hell is that green and yellow King Kong thing?:p

That's Gygor from Masters Of The Universe Classics. Like Battle Cat, Panthor, Zoar and Screech he was originally a Big Jim mould that was given armour, coloured in hideous ways and intended for the MOTU line in the eighties, but was never realised past the 'prototype' until just a few years ago. What could have been a part of eighties childhoods:

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/9379/gygorprotofull.jpg

groovyguy
21st April 2013, 10:35 PM
Looks awesome :) if anyone sees one crop up, please let me know :D

(the colour version I mean)

Chimungmung has KO of him, do you think that's my best bet? :confused:

Sky Shadow
21st April 2013, 10:51 PM
Chimungmung has KO of him, do you think that's my best bet? :confused:

You should never buy a knockoff of anything and please don't talk about buying them on the forum. (17 - Posting about Unauthorised toys and accessories that specifically target the Transformers Brand and/or established Characters, is only permitted in the Unauthorised Products section. Limited awareness of Counterfeit (Knock Off) Transformers is also allowed, to help other fans identify a fake when trying to purchase a legit figure.) (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=2) Also, the knockoff on that site is scaled down, so it may not fulfil your needs anyway. It depends on how much you can spend - Multiforce was supercheap and ubiquitous for years and years after the reissue, so you should still be able to find one at a reasonable price if you're patient. I would say this is too much (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/251239035469?nma=true&si=ybxO7eDT7nN2xxdzLtcI9R%2FGAmE%3D&rt=nc&_trksid=p4340.l2557&orig_cvip=true), but it's an example of a recent auction.

GoktimusPrime
22nd April 2013, 08:46 AM
BTW, do you think they'll look good on a classics shelf?
Not really. These are G1 toys, so I personally put them on my G1 1989 Autobot shelf alongside by Micromasters, small Pretenders, Classic Pretenders etc. Looks good there IMO. :)

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/Collection%202012/collection2012_1989a.jpg