PDA

View Full Version : Toy Review - Generations Legends Optimus

griffin
25th April 2013, 11:44 PM
(Please post photos, comments or even a fully comprehensive review - these are just brief details to start you off)

Optimus Prime with Roller
Series - Generations
Sub-line - n/a (Fall of Cybertron label dropped)
Size/class - Legends
Wave - 3
New/remould/redeco - New
Released here - not expected here (released globally April 2013)
Approximate Retail Price - n/a (US$10 in America)
Approximate Size - 8cm
Allegiance - Autobot
Alt-mode - Truck (Optimus), armed truck/gun (Roller)
Main Features/Gimmicks - (Targetmaster?)
Main Colours - Red, blue, grey (Optimus), blue, grey, black (Roller)
Main Accessories - Roller, gun

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/tftoys/gen50.jpg

Omega Metro
26th April 2013, 12:58 AM
I see Optimuses feet and head in truck mode. This is a complete failure.

Bidoofdude
26th April 2013, 05:46 PM
I believe that picture has the head mistransformed in truck mode. From other pics I've seen, it goes down way further. ;):cool:

Ultra Mackness
14th May 2013, 08:45 PM
I really like this mold, it's a real shame that we're not going to see it on shelves here. I picked mine up from Robot Kingdom for what worked out to be just under $20 with postage, comparable to Target selling commander class at $18. The thing I found disappointing about the RTS Optimus was that he didn't have a rifle (I grabbed a spare 3" titanium Prime rifle which worked okay). This guy not only has his rifle but a little buddy to direct in combat as well. I like the updated appearance as well. Can't fault the robot mode, but I would have liked to see less of the feet in truck mode but I'm being picky. Great bot mode and fun alt mode, if you can find it for around $20, I think it's defininitely worth it.

GoktimusPrime
15th May 2013, 09:13 AM
So if you think that's a 100% failure, what do you think about Beast Hunters Voyager Optimus Prime whose head and hands are visible in vehicle mode? Or Energon Ironhide (http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51HM53KCMAL.jpg) (Mega Combat Class, equivalent of Voyager Class) whose head is completely exposed/unconcealed in vehicle mode?!

----------------

US$10 for a Legends? :confused: Is Legends the new name for Commander or Basic Class now, or are they just pumping up the price of Legion Class figures? Either way, can't say I'm terribly interested in this figure; might consider if it came out here and I found it cheap enough... but I'm not gonna bother importing one.

Paulbot
15th May 2013, 09:27 AM
US$10 for a Legends? :confused:

These FOC toys (the "tapes" and the "targetmasters") are really like the movie legend 2 packs from 2007 - two toys, wider box, and more expensive than a single legends figure.

kup
15th May 2013, 12:07 PM
So if you think that's a 100% failure, what do you think about Beast Hunters Voyager Optimus Prime whose head and hands are visible in vehicle mode? Or Energon Ironhide (http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51HM53KCMAL.jpg) (Mega Combat Class, equivalent of Voyager Class) whose head is completely exposed/unconcealed in vehicle mode?!

----------------

US$10 for a Legends? :confused: Is Legends the new name for Commander or Basic Class now, or are they just pumping up the price of Legion Class figures? Either way, can't say I'm terribly interested in this figure; might consider if it came out here and I found it cheap enough... but I'm not gonna bother importing one.

Optimal Optimus is not a good comparison as that is basically a Sci-Fi mode. The same could apply to Energon Ironhide but since it at least tries to be a futuristic earth vehicle, showing the head is fail.

Sinnertwin
15th May 2013, 06:28 PM

You think that's a failure, wait until you see Roller's transformation from vehicle to robot:D

GoktimusPrime
15th May 2013, 10:43 PM
Optimal Optimus is not a good comparison as that is basically a Sci-Fi mode. The same could apply to Energon Ironhide but since it at least tries to be a futuristic earth vehicle, showing the head is fail.
Uh, I was talking about Beast Hunters Voyager Optimus Prime, not Optimal Optimus. :o His truck mode is basically a fictitious Earth truck with 'claws' added on the fender; but it's otherwise essentially supposed to represent an Earthen-style Cab-Over-Engine truck.

BigTransformerTrev
23rd September 2013, 11:29 AM
It speaks to just how many toys are based on G1 Prime that I wasn't that fussed about this figure, even though for it's size it's quite nice. Easy transformation and I like how the arms fold into the sides of the torso like in the G1 toy. In robot mode they have done well to make him look like he is in the IDW comics, especially around the shoulders.

Roller looks awesome as a little scout vehicle toting around Prime's gun for him. Sadly he looks pants in his other two modes. The gun mode is just fricken weird, and the robot mode, while passable, isn't great. Still, we don't have many Roller figures that actually become a robot so guess should be happy with him. Personally I will keep him displayed as Prime's little vehicular sidekick :)