PDA

View Full Version : Toy Review - Generations Legends Bumblebee

griffin
25th April 2013, 11:48 PM
(Please post photos, comments or even a fully comprehensive review - these are just brief details to start you off)

Bumblebee with Blazemaster
Series - Generations
Sub-line - n/a (Fall of Cybertron label dropped)
Size/class - Legends
Wave - 3
New/remould/redeco - New
Released here - not expected here (released globally April 2013)
Approximate Retail Price - n/a (US$10 in America)
Approximate Size - 8cm
Allegiance - Autobot
Alt-mode - Sports car (Bumblebee), helicopter/gun (Blazemaster)
Main Features/Gimmicks - (Targetmaster?)
Main Colours - Yellow, black (Bumblebee), blue, gold (Blazemaster)
Main Accessories - Blazemaster

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/tftoys/gen49.jpg

Omega Metro
26th April 2013, 12:56 AM
The helicopter is smaller than the car. This is a complete failure.

Bidoofdude
26th April 2013, 05:47 PM

Why so negative dude? :D:confused:

I think it's supposed to replicate the original look of the partner figures. ;)

Mini-copter, maybe? :p

griffin
26th April 2013, 11:58 PM
It's a homage to the Micromaster, which makes it the right size/scale to the main bot (in the original comics, the miniature vehicles and robots only come up to the knees of the normal bots).

GoktimusPrime
27th April 2013, 12:51 AM
wh3rE jAm cOpToR? (http://www.redshirt.co.uk/tall-tales/armada-the-real-story/) :p ;)

Trent
27th April 2013, 04:10 PM

What if it was meant to be a remote controlled helicopter? Then it would be perfectly sized ;)

Ultra Mackness
13th May 2013, 05:55 AM
These guys are actually really cute. Blazemaster is okay, but I think this re-imagining of the Bumblebee mold is pretty cool. Nifty transformation, cool car mode, well proportioned 'bot mode, this is a winner. The only downside is that it will only be available online for us aussies so finding it without a markup may be difficult, but if you can get it for a reasonable price do so.

Gouki
13th May 2013, 07:50 AM
So how big are they? I know it says Legends, but coming with the Targetmaster, I feel like they'd be a little bigger than other Legends figures. Unless 'Generations Legends' doesn't refer to the size in this case...

Sinnertwin
13th May 2013, 08:09 AM
So how big are they? I know it says Legends, but coming with the Targetmaster, I feel like they'd be a little bigger than other Legends figures. Unless 'Generations Legends' doesn't refer to the size in this case...

From the review about 9cm in robot and 8cm in alt.
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=QjnJzBNN6AQ&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DQjnJzBNN6AQ

5FDP
13th May 2013, 08:52 AM

I read on TFW that they are about Commander Class size. Think Generations Windcharger.

Gouki
13th May 2013, 09:36 AM
I read on TFW that they are about Commander Class size. Think Generations Windcharger.

Oh nice. That's a really good size.

griffin
13th May 2013, 12:54 PM
A lot smaller than Windcharger. About halfway between Legends Bumblebee and Cmdr Windcharger. Their Targetmaster partners are close to the size of Legends though.

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/blog/a618.jpg

5FDP
13th May 2013, 01:25 PM
You mean to say that something I read on TFW was wrong??! :rolleyes: ;) :p So, is this a new size class then?

Gouki
13th May 2013, 03:12 PM
So, is this a size class that can justify it's price then??

Fixed.;)

Defcon
13th May 2013, 06:47 PM
Looks neat, I didn't know it was bigger than a standard legends. Its a shame they are not quite scout class.

BigTransformerTrev
26th August 2013, 10:19 PM
Seems the evolution of this toy is as follows...

*Highmoon designs a Bumblebee for the WFC Game

*Hasbro then makes a Generations WFC Toy based on the Highmoon WFC Game design

*IDW designs a Comic Character based on the Hasbro Generations WFC Toy design that was based on the Highmoon WFC Game design

*Hasbro makes a 2nd Generations Toy based on the IDW Comic Character design that was based on the Hasbro Generations WFC Toy design that was based on the Highmoon WFC Game design

... and that's how we got this toy ;):D

His chest sticks out less than the WFC toy, his alt mode is earth based - he's pretty cool all up. That's my synopsis of this Bumblebee. For those that don't like this toy, don't worry, there are at least 2 more Bumblebee Generations toys on their way before you have to wait for the giant influx of Movie Bumblebee toys next year. ;)

Blazemaster has been done much better than Waspinator. His gun mode actually looks like a gun and the helicopter is nice. Yes there is a gap between his chin and his chest in robot mode, but not bad to make a triple changer that small.

Overall, for the price these guys are - well worth getting :)

Jim_jim
30th August 2013, 02:04 AM
This new series is quite cool. I bought all four of them.

BBB appears to be in good design and the use of color is ok. The minicon is really not my choice. The best one that they've done would be Chopshop that comes together with Megatron.