PDA

View Full Version : MP10 KO coming soon

pw_sd
26th April 2013, 06:39 PM
Just got information from ACtoys. KO MP10 is on the way.
One guy's got a trail parts set of OP's head.
http://pic1.actoys.net/attachment/Mon_1304/99_189686_142d8c897945605.jpg?59

Bidoofdude
26th April 2013, 07:43 PM
Just got information from ACtoys. KO MP10 is on the way.
One guy's got a trail parts set of OP's head.
http://pic1.actoys.net/attachment/Mon_1304/99_189686_142d8c897945605.jpg?59

Aw geez. :(

This is gonna get out of hand really fast. :mad:;)

Ultra Mackness
27th April 2013, 08:48 AM
I shouldn't worry too much, the last attempt to KO an MP Prime had some very obvious differences,

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/buyer-beware-knock-off-mp-prime-and-more/12412/

Last pic on the list. From memory these KOs were made in the same factory as the legit version, but the workers would come back after hours and were using a lower grade plastic with the same mold as the legit version.

Unless the KOers do an exceptional job of counterfeiting MP-10, I doubt they'll get much of the collecting markets money.

1orion2many
27th April 2013, 06:19 PM
Thank Goodness I picked one up today:)

5FDP
29th April 2013, 01:44 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't worry too much about this either. MP10 is a collectors piece so anyone buying one should know what to look out for. If people are just picking one up on a whim, then they deserve to loose their money. If I were to go car shopping and bought a lemon because I didn't bother to do my research, I would expect no sympathy either (not the best comparison but you get my point ;) :p)

kup
29th April 2013, 02:56 PM
I already have an MP-10 KO, it's call the Hasbro version.

lol just joking :p

pw_sd
13th October 2013, 10:17 PM
http://pic1.actoys.net/attachment/Mon_1310/41_253224_7fa2ff88a4354b2.jpg?50
Latest 1 pic.

drifand
13th October 2013, 11:14 PM
Looks fail to me compared to the KO sideswipes.

First off the head, if you can't get it right don't bother.

Unless is incomplete? the body gap better not be that wide either.

griffin
14th October 2013, 01:06 AM
KO figures are best to be different to the real thing.
If you are someone who wants the real thing, and can afford it, pay for the real thing.
If you are someone who can't afford the real thing anyway, then it should be different or inferior, to make the real thing worth buying by those who can afford it and choose to support Hasbro/TakaraTomy to produce more.
Because if people stop buying the real thing due to a fake being of equal quality, we won't have more toys produced (as the the last ones would have lost money).

It's kinda like pirating/downloading movies & music... independent artists have more people downloading torrents than paying to see/hear their work (http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/movies/bloody-illegal-downloads-and-counting-for-australian-indi-hit-with-producers-saying-lost-revenue-will-lead-to-fewer-films/story-e6frfmvr-1226729797628), to the point that we don't have much of a film industry in Australia (or most countries outside of Hollywood or India). Most of those downloads may not have gone to the theatre or bought the CD, but even if 10% would have, that's a lot of lost money, preventing future projects. And music & movie people have to start somewhere, but illegal downloads means only the big players (that over-charge) will be the only ones producing stuff. Torrenting was a response to high prices for music and movies, but it's like shoplifting, the high prices are just factoring the lost revenue... making it a vicious cycle of both sides responding to the other.

Unlike pirated movies and music, which people know is an unauthorised download, KO toys are physical items you still pay for, that can fool people into thinking they are buying the real thing, particularly classic items (even if they have elements that we can spot as differences), and they can end up trying to resell it as a real thing without knowing it is a fake.

And then there is the impact of KO current items. We've seen how much Australian retailers have cut back on the Transformers lines this last year or two... that's from not having enough sales because of over-supply of the launching waves. Now what if some people were able to produce good quality, accurate fakes of figures as they were being released, particularly store-exclusives like Masterpiece figures? Retailers won't stock product if it doesn't sell... as we've already been experiencing here.
If the KO was different colours or lesser quality, only people who were never going to afford the real thing anyway, would be the ones buying the fake... and it won't impact on sales of the real thing, or jeopardise the investment in future product.

For me personally, I'm not a freeloader - I always try to earn what I get (or pay for it)... so I don't download music or movies if I can easily buy them or are intending to buy it.
I find it strange that most people hate others who freeload off them, but it now seems to be socially acceptable to freeload when it comes to pirating music & movies, to the point that people laugh at me when I say that I don't do it.

(these are the reasons why this site won't promote or encourage Knock-Offs, and asks its members in the Rules to not do it as well)

drifand
14th October 2013, 07:59 AM
KO are never encouraged. I believed this was more a self awareness that this is out there don't be fooled.

Besides, isn't there a yoth version coming out?

griffin
14th October 2013, 12:42 PM
Yes, the topic is just for awareness.
My posting was just a reminder to everyone (especially those new) that we are different to other fansites - when we talk about KOs, it is just awareness, not promoting them.

drifand
14th October 2013, 01:02 PM
I am surprised Takara is not taking any sort of action against this? Is kind of weird that somehow the KO sideswipe made it and I am pretty sure they know about it.

Unless it is an official release I thought Takara would be very concern about people duplicating box, instructions, accessories to the T.

I don't encourage KO but they are there because of the current market of scalpers that cost the price hike and make people start turning to alternatives or even innocent people who have no knowledge they gotten a KO.

But more to the topic, I be wondering if Australia is bringing in YOTH Mp-10.

Cat
14th October 2013, 02:39 PM
KO's are always around.

Not due to scalpers or price hikes.

Due to greed, opportunity, and people low on ethics who'll gladly pay less without thought of possible consequence to the real product they supposedly love.

If they make differences (or 'improvements') to the mold, than great. Easier to tell the difference.

But either way, innocent consumers WILL still be fooled into thinking they're getting the genuine product. They're the real victims.

As to TakTom stopping it, that's an incredibly complex problem, and not just a simple fix. And, as with every business decision, there's also costs to consider. Most of these KO operations are too small to worry about.

When there's a consistent flood that erodes consumer confidence on current product, a 'tipping point' so to speak, then we may see action. Is the flood of MP KO's heading that way? It might be. But we're not dealing with just one entity here. So again, costs are amplified, and it comes down to cost/benefit analysis.

The best thing to do is report any auctions you see on eBay, and do your best to educate your fellow collectors.

drifand
14th October 2013, 03:18 PM
Greed also = scalpers they are interrelated but this is my point of view. I know people who scalp everything so that they get their own piece for free, it disgust me a lot to see people are doing this. Generally a KO is selective to the demand of the product. Would you KO a product if original Sideswipe is available at $50 at current? (hope this make sense) Fact is due to such circumstances people who are yes (greedy) found it a way to get in between the scalpers and get money than give it to yes (scalpers)

Technically if mps are not exclusive I don't think anybody cares about scalping the product or even making a KO. Not sure about you guys but I do notice HK stores are generally more expensive than a Japanese online store for a new released product in general. Not sure you guys noticed it.

But I think the main thing here is to be aware of what you might pay for.
It might be a security issue internally if people are making these KOs from original molds.

willocrew
14th October 2013, 05:43 PM
So these guys st the factory moonlight and use Takara Tomy's MP10 molds to make the KOs? That is bad. Every time you use the mold you're wearing it out little by little. So down the line when they re issue MP10, it's going to to have problems. And for what? Subpar KOs?

I don't condone copying. The only time I think third party stuff is ok is if you take something and improve on it or change it to make it different.

E.g. Igear's copy of the MP01 mold...basically copying it and reducing it in size to fit the classics universe scale. In many ways, Takara Tomy is only stepping up its game thanks to all these third party companies releasing great products. And I absolutely love it. But not blatant rip off copies! That's just bad for this hobby.