PDA

View Full Version : Megatron MP-05 Petition

griffin
28th December 2007, 05:23 AM
An existing topic here:
http://otca.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=1611&view=getlastpost

Perhaps a fresh update on what is required and where?
Or a copy and paste of all the relevent existing posted info?
Tiby, what do you want to do here?

Tiby
29th December 2007, 09:08 PM
I have put most of the requirements and so on up on the Megatron Club's website, so I think it might be neater to link to that site:

www.megatron.net.au

It would be great, though, if people from this forum who are also members of the Megatron Club posted here to let us know if they got through the process and received their MP05.

Also, I am happy to help members in other States petition their Governments to line up with the NSW process if MP05 has been made illegal in their State.

GoktimusPrime
31st December 2007, 05:48 PM
I'm going through the checklist now... I'm trying to find a see-through cabinet (glass, perspex et al) to house my MP Megatron. Does anyone know where I can find one? I'm preferably looking for one about the same dimensions as MP Meg's box which are 39cm (L) x 26cm (W) x 11cm (D).

dirge
31st December 2007, 06:01 PM
You don't like the one I have obtained?

GoktimusPrime
1st January 2008, 02:54 AM
Well do you have a spare or know where I can get one like it?

dirge
1st January 2008, 10:46 AM
Display & Rack Systems at Villawood or Tempe. I invited you along to visit them a while back...

GoktimusPrime
1st January 2008, 12:09 PM
I got a police officer to sign/verify a photocopy of my 100 points of ID and he had a chuckle over the fact that I'm applying for a firearm permit for a Transformer toy. Although the officer reminded me of why we have this law, he found the fact that a Transformer collector was applying for a weapons permit to keep a toy rather amusing. :)

alloy head
1st January 2008, 02:47 PM
Well i have alot to say about this but after a number of stuff ups i'm still waiting to my b709 permit which was sent more than a week ago,when i get it and customs tells me what the (deep breath) next step is then i finally get my MP-5 then i post something bigger.

SofaMan
2nd January 2008, 03:15 PM
I went and spoke to the South Australian Firearms Branch of SAPOL this morning, and the indicated to me that they would not be allowing permits for any replica firearms. :(

Fungal Infection
4th January 2008, 09:55 PM
Since I've been successful in getting my Megs released from customs, I thought I'd give others a quick rundown of the whole process. Firstly, you have to become a member of the Megatron Club. Once you've become a member, the club will also issue you with a letter stating you are a member which you will need to forward to the Firearms Dept. You will also need to submit a form stating how the item is to be stored (this letter can be found on the Megatron Club website) and another letter stating the value of this item towards your collection (letter for this is also on the website). Take note that Firearms may contact you asking for further clarification on how you intend to store the item which you should be prepared to show. Then you must fill in the permit that NSW Firearms has sent you (assuming you've contacted them to begin with) otherwise just download the form from the club website. Assuming you've done all of the above, in roughly 3 weeks, Firearms will post you a B709 permit along with an actual certificate which states that you are legally entitled to own this item. You then have to forward this permit to customs along with a cover letter stating you want your item released. Customs will then mail you a letter asking you to contact them to organise a time to collect your item from their storehouse in Waterloo. Once that's been organised, voila, instant MP-5!!! It should be noted that I never really needed the permit to begin with but because I ordered one for my friend using my account and name and customs intercepted it, I was foreced to go through the whole process in order to secure his MP-5's release.

Adzma
5th January 2008, 09:03 PM
Can anyone shed any light on the MP-5 situation in Victoria? Whenver I look at my brother's MP-5 I always wonder
"How the hell did you get into this country anyway? And unplugged too?!"
If the rumours of a Masterpieces Prime and Megs bundle are true, then I'll need to know the situation since I've always wanted my own MP Megs anyway and 20th Prime just doesn't live up to MP Prime.

Tiby
15th January 2008, 11:08 AM
Thanks Fungal! That's very helpful - I'm still waiting for mine :(

TF76
15th January 2008, 03:38 PM
I didn't follow the thread on the old board so sorry if this has been mentioned befor.

Is this the same situation for G1 Megatron? I'm thinking about getting the encore one. Sadly I sold my original a few years back.

Thanks

GoktimusPrime
15th January 2008, 04:22 PM
No, only for MP-05 Megatron. G1 Megatron seems to be in legal limbo atm. :/

What I did when I got the original G1 Megatron reissue in early 2001 was to ask someone in Japan to open the toy and transform it send it to me in robot mode. I would recommend that you do this, and I would also take the extra precaution of having the box either thrown away, or if you want to collect the box, have it sent separately so that your Encore Megatron comes with no images of the toy in gun mode. When they open the toy, all they will see is a robot.

I forgot to do the same for Megaplex when I got him in 2002, but then again, Australian Posts customs weren't actively hunting down Megatrons until last April...

TF76
15th January 2008, 06:35 PM
Thanks, guess i'll try to find one locally or on ebay, if I have no luck ill do what you suggested. I sort of do want the box but I want the toy more.

Thanks

GoktimusPrime
15th January 2008, 07:51 PM
So have them posted separately? Either way I'd say it's safer to have the toy posted to you in robot mode if you can't get it locally.

i_amtrunks
17th January 2008, 12:05 PM
Anyone know of a way to help this guy? (http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=34455)

He is based in the ACT, and went and got a NSW permit, which is invalid in the ACT. I always thought the ACT had the same policies as NSW, except for X rated material and (until recently) fireworks.

He has read all through the Megatron.net stuff, and needs more help.

alloy head
17th January 2008, 05:07 PM
Well after 10 months of frustration and patience,today i finally got my MP-5,i should be glad,happy excited,but i'm not i'm just satisfied that i won and the burocrates lost.I would love to call the government depatments involved in this every derogotory name i can think of,but because others are yet to receive theirs and less mature or maybe more mature people will read this i'll try and be objective or maybe not. First off before MP-5s started being sezied someone in government changed the laws involving replica guns to now include toys,regardless of whether they had the blaze organge cap,which happened mid febuary 2007,now alot of people had already pre-ordered MP-5 by then and i even rang both departments involved to check on any problems that may arise,and was told "Providing it has the blaze orange plug it won't be an issue" at that time they knew MP-5 was coming. So why did they give people bad advice like i was told and why did they wait until months after they were sezied to air warnings on t.v. not to bring them in.

Now this was something that i found very hard to understand,how could a select group who knows about firearms claim that MP-5 is a threat to public safety, i agree that there is a potiental for misuse,but it seemed to me that those who made the descions on this toy would not take other factors into account,such as being 30% bigger than the original,being almost all plastic,not being a static shape,it transforms after all,plus the cost and effort involved to get one.No crimnal would waste their time trying.Why was'nt every other toy gun removed from sale when the laws changed,it makes no difference if they were already in the country,if they are a "Threat" like they claim then they would remove and destroy them.What about all the other more realistic versions of megatron or even all metal replica guns,i've heard a number of stories about how they were allowed in without any trouble,if MP-5 is a threat to public safety do we all need to ban umbrella's or planks of wood because of the potienal for misuse,ok i know i'm not being very objective with that last part.

Finally the last thing i want to critise is the woeful communictions skills of the agentices involved, every step of the way it was like pulling teeth trying to find out what i needed to do,and then it would only be enough to get me to the next step and i then i would have to contact them again,why could'nt a full and frank explanation be give at the start or even when finally after months of procrastinating we were told we could have them,tell us exactly what it would involve,as i said before on the old board if not for this forum i still may not have mine,i had to rely on other collectors for information,how can 2 departments concerned with security of our country be so hard to deal with.I still believe somewhere,someone in government did'nt want this toy in the country and did all they could to try and stop us from having them,if you ask me it's an autobot plant.

GoktimusPrime
17th January 2008, 08:07 PM
As someone who's just gone through that whole procedure and sent off my application to the NSW Firearms Registry last week and awaiting reply, I fully understand your frustration and sentiments over this matter...

First off before MP-5s started being sezied someone in government changed the laws involving replica guns to now include toys,regardless of whether they had the blaze organge cap,
It's not a new law. That law's been around for a very long time. Even back in 1984, G1 Megatron was illegal in many places - that toy was on sale for a couple of months then there was a product recall. Thus G1 Megatron became extremely rare. I never owned one as a kid and I only knew one kid growing up who owned one -- he got his from interstate which recalled the product later than NSW. This is also why every other Megatron since then has never been a realistic gun...
+ Galvatron - non-realistic space gun
+ Action Master Megatron - can't even transform
+ G2 Megatron - Abrams tank
+ G2 Hero Megatron - Abrams tank
+ G2 Gobot Megatron - Porsche sports car
+ Beast Wars/Machines Megatrons - crocodile, dinosaurs, dragons and floating head
+ Machine Wars Megatron - F22 Raptor jet
+ RiD Megatron/Galvatron - 6-10 different modes, none of which was a gun
+ Armada Megatron - tank
+ Energon Megatron - jet
+ Cybertron Megatron - batmobile
+ Classics Megatron - nerf gun
+ Movie Megatron - jet
+ Animated Megatron - flying cannon (?Earth mode is a jet?)
...in fact, the only other Transformer toys who've ever been realistic guns have been...
+ Goodbye Megatron (Japanese exclusive)
+ Browning (Japanese exclusive)
+ e-Hobby Megaplex (Japanese exclusive)
...so other than the original Megatron we've never had a realistic gun Transformer released in a Hasbro market because it was simply not legally viable!

What annoys me more is how even Star Wars toy guns are now completely painted in bright colours... like the Clone Trooper rifle - totally black in the movies, but blue and orange as the toy!! AAARGH!

So yeah, considering how retentive the laws are on a freakin' space ray gun, it's little surprise that a toy that transforms into a Walther P-38 wouldn't escape the same legal scrutiny.

i even rang both departments involved to check on any problems that may arise,and was told "Providing it has the blaze orange plug it won't be an issue" at that time they knew MP-5 was coming. So why did they give people bad advice like i was told and why did they wait until months after they were sezied to air warnings on t.v. not to bring them in.
...it was wrong for that person to give you that advice. But I think all you can really do now is dob that person in and get him/her in trouble for giving you misleading information. Other than that I don't think it would help you much. *shrug*

Now this was something that i found very hard to understand,how could a select group who knows about firearms claim that MP-5 is a threat to public safety, i agree that there is a potiental for misuse,but it seemed to me that those who made the descions on this toy would not take other factors into account,such as being 30% bigger than the original,being almost all plastic,not being a static shape,it transforms after all,plus the cost and effort involved to get one.No crimnal would waste their time trying.Why was'nt every other toy gun removed from sale when the laws changed,it makes no difference if they were already in the country,if they are a "Threat" like they claim then they would remove and destroy them.

This decision wasn't made only against MP-05 Megatron, it was made against all replica toy firearms, like BB guns, air rifles etc. It's just that MP-05 happened to fall under the crosshairs (pun intended) of Australian Customs last year. But it doesn't make the other toy guns any less illegal.

I agree that it is silly, but the law is really to stop people from buying very realistic replica toy guns (some BB and air guns do look very convincing) - and quite frankly, I don't think most of them make the distinction between a replica air gun and a Transformer. To them it's all the same so they all fall under the same law. Either that or they just can't be bothered to go through all the time and expense to amend the law to exempt Transformers. I don't know...

if they are a "Threat" like they claim then they would remove and destroy them.
Well confiscation is a form of removal. :p I think they do destroy seized illegal firearms, but maybe not so with toys. They're both illegal but I suppose toys represent a lower level of threat. That and at least under confiscation there is a chance to go through a legal process to reclaim it (even if it's an absolute royal pain in the rear).

What about all the other more realistic versions of megatron or even all metal replica guns,i've heard a number of stories about how they were allowed in without any trouble,
I dunno... I've known a few people who've had their BB guns confiscated by Australia Post... when you import stuff like this it's a gamble because it all depends on whether or not your parcel happens to get inspected by Australian Customs or not. As a precaution, I had my G1 and reissue Megatrons mailed to me in robot mode. Neither was inspected. I forgot to do the same with e-Hobby Megaplex, but that wasn't inspected either. My Machine Wars Megatron, which is an F-22 jet, was inspected... it got through fine, but the moronic inspector BENT my MW Megatron card in half when he squished it back into the box. Hello?! Do you mind, that's a collectible!! AAARGGH!! And yeah, my MP Megatron got through uninspected too (after which I breathed a big sigh of relief, believe me) - I'm getting the permit anyway to be legally compliant as a precaution. :/

Gun Transformers have always been illegal. Ever since Sept/11 there have been signs at airports specifically saying that you cannot carry gun Transformers with you. In 2005 I was inspected at Beijing airport and the customs officer was asking me questions about my Cybertron Galvatron... (I answered her, giving her a brief lecture about the history of the character and Transformers lore :p).

if MP-5 is a threat to public safety do we all need to ban umbrella's or planks of wood because of the potienal for misuse,ok i know i'm not being very objective with that last part.
Again, I feel your frustration. In my personal opinion I don't think these laws do all that much to discourage real criminals from acquiring guns (or replica guns) that they would want to use to commit crimes. IMHO I think these laws do more in inconveniencing honest folk like you and I than actually effectively deterring criminals.

...but the law's the law... (-_-)

This is why I personally enjoyed watching Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix where further increasing government bureaucracy, albeit well intended, only thwarted the good guys and did nothing in inhibiting the bad guys (and in fact ended up assisting Voldemort).

Tiby
18th January 2008, 11:47 AM
Got my permit! Yay!

Please make sure you read the permit very carefully as it explains what needs to be done if you sell the figure. Fungal, I note your comments about needing it for a friend, but it seems you cannot transfer MP05 to your friend unless your friend has a permit also. Be careful!

I know this is a hassle but the ministry did show me a number of pistols that were the size of MP05, and some that were bigger. I think us in NSW should be happy that we can legally own this figure now. Most other states have clamped down and are not yet up to NSW's system.

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z204/Tiby1/Permitedit.jpg

Tiby
18th January 2008, 11:48 AM
Anyone know of a way to help this guy? (http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=34455)

He is based in the ACT, and went and got a NSW permit, which is invalid in the ACT. I always thought the ACT had the same policies as NSW, except for X rated material and (until recently) fireworks.

He has read all through the Megatron.net stuff, and needs more help.

I think I have spoken to this person. He really got the short end! I have given him some tips but it looks like he might have given up.

Tober
18th January 2008, 07:21 PM
Is it still legal in WA?

It's on clearence now and my bro in WA is wanting to know if it would be seized. I remember that WA and Qld were following but I cant remember if it's now enforced.

GoktimusPrime
18th January 2008, 09:17 PM
even if it is, it would still be illegal to domestically import that toy to states like NSW w/o a permit.

Tober
18th January 2008, 10:38 PM
He lives in Perth. He isn't about to move. I don't need another one.

Tiby
19th January 2008, 09:54 AM
This seems to be changing almost daily. Best if he made an anonymous call to the WA firearms registry. I have not heard yet personally, but it may still be in the works.

alloy head
19th January 2008, 11:30 AM
Thanks goktimus for your comments i'ts always good to have someone else put in their expeirence with something like this,i did know of the laws being around since even before G1 megatron,but i was only working off what i was being told by those supposedly in the know within those departments.Yes i did try and make a complaint about the misinformation i was given,but because i had no name or exact time and day it amounted to a big fat rassberry for my trouble.

GoktimusPrime
19th January 2008, 01:07 PM
Last week I was talking to someone whom I've known since I we were schoolkids (although we went to different schools) and still keep in contact with and we talked about how any kid at school who owned a G1 Megatron was an instant legend in the playground because it was so rare.

If you owned Optimus Prime, it was still cool but no where near the status level of owning a G1 Megatron. Well, amongst us geeky toy-playing kids at school... I found most other kids were too busy trying to be "cool Kylie Minogue loving teens" despite still being in primary school. :(

Every second kid owned an Optimus Prime but very few kids ever owned a Megatron.

turtle boy
20th January 2008, 12:21 PM
when i rang the victorian police about importing another megs, they told me what to do, who to ring and all that jazz, they also said it was banned all over australia. every where.

Tober
20th January 2008, 03:36 PM
Yeah, that's what I feared but I keep hearing different things. Although it was apparently banned on a federal level ages ago.

turtle boy
20th January 2008, 07:36 PM
Yeah, that's what I feared but I keep hearing different things. Although it was apparently banned on a federal level ages ago.

i also keep hearing different things, but until I'm told by a Federal coppa otherwise, i'm going to continue to think it's completely banned here.

Tiby
20th January 2008, 08:26 PM
Banned without a permit in NSW.

turtle boy
20th January 2008, 08:30 PM
Banned without a permit in NSW.

My mistake, i can also get a permit, but I'm to lazy, i may look into it tomorrow, no work:D

SofaMan
23rd January 2008, 10:58 PM
I went and checked with Firearms branch again because I realise now that the earlier response I had from them was ambiguous.

So, upshot is - in SA you can own an MP-05, no problem. It's not a firing weapon, and can't be modified into a firing weapon, so no problem there. There's no licensing or permit requirement at all.

The bad news, you can't *import* them. You can purchase one locally with no restrictions, but cannot bring one into the country. It needs to be inside Australia's border already. If you try to import it and it gets seized by customs, tough luck.

Saintly
24th January 2008, 08:53 AM
I went and checked with Firearms branch again because I realise now that the earlier response I had from them was ambiguous.

So, upshot is - in SA you can own an MP-05, no problem. It's not a firing weapon, and can't be modified into a firing weapon, so no problem there. There's no licensing or permit requirement at all.

The bad news, you can't *import* them. You can purchase one locally with no restrictions, but cannot bring one into the country. It needs to be inside Australia's border already. If you try to import it and it gets seized by customs, tough luck.

ok, I'm moving to SA XD

Tiby
24th January 2008, 09:33 AM
This means there must be an importation licence available to shops or dealers. This answer poses more questions than it answers!

roller
24th January 2008, 11:44 AM
the answer to the mp05 problem is simple

we get a helicopter from Asia and fill it with mp05 and then sneak past customs-cant be that hard, then we fly around to everyone who does not have one and parachute the toy into their backyard

then we fly the chopper into a certain european embassays garden-think roses

GoktimusPrime
24th January 2008, 08:34 PM
what's wrong with flying reindeer? ;p

gamblor916
24th January 2008, 09:07 PM
I am shocked. They gave me a permit. :eek:
Thanks Tiby for making this possible. Now off to claim whats mine.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/8169/p1220200vl8.jpg

dirge
24th January 2008, 10:31 PM
Well done, gamblor!

One thing I noticed about my permit is that it doesn't specifically state "MP-05", nor does it state that one item is permitted. Instead the wording is that the permit holder (myself) can possess the prohibited items (yes, it does say items), subject to the storage requirements etc, as a collector, and that the theme of this collection is "Megatron Transformer".

Which to me means that Megatron & Megaplex are covered by the permit (so long as they are being stored in the same manner). Browning doesn't quite fit into that definition, so I guess that toy is something of a grey area.

Your thoughts, Tiby? You're obviously in a better position that I am to interpret the wording.

Tiby
25th January 2008, 09:52 AM
I saw that too and wondered about the extent of the permit, especially since it refers to a theme. I may get to try it out as I am toying with getting a Megaplex, but I already own a G1 Megatron so I hope that is covered too.

I would expect that if an issue arose about gunformers, there is now precedent to say that the same policy should apply, and that the one permit is enough.

darockk
25th January 2008, 03:28 PM
That's great news Tiby, I know what a relief it is when you get that green permit form in the mail! I'm surprised you only just received it.

btw i'm the guy from Canberra who was emailing you about my trouble with getting hold of my mp-05. Haha I can't believe I got a permit from NSW, it even states on the permit that the item must be kept at my address in Canberra.

But yes, you are correct, i have given up with this debacle. If I ever do obtain MP-05, I probbaly wont be telling anyone about it to anyone.

p.s thanks I_amtrunks for posting my problem on here previously.

Tober
25th January 2008, 06:32 PM
If anyone in NSW who has a permit but hasn't got a MP-5 and is wanting one I noticed that Angolz have it on discount for $69 +$20 shipping which comes to about AU$100.

http://www.angolz.com/home/productDetails.aspx?PLU=0000104984&catId=84

dirge
25th January 2008, 11:47 PM
I would expect that if an issue arose about gunformers, there is now precedent to say that the same policy should apply, and that the one permit is enough.

Well that's what I was thinking. Effectively that wording is inclusive of Megatron & Megaplex (because they fit the same theme) - so that inclusion forms the basis of the precedent.

dirge
25th January 2008, 11:49 PM
I can't believe I got a permit from NSW, it even states on the permit that the item must be kept at my address in Canberra.

Dude, that's awesome. The funniest thing I've read all day! Gotta love when the system defeats itself! :rolleyes:

GoktimusPrime
26th January 2008, 10:32 PM
I got my permit today and it says, "Theme of Collection: Megatron." Nowhere on this permit does it specify "MP-05 Megatron" or "Masterpiece Megatron" - so um... does this mean that this licence could cover other non-MP replica weapon Megatrons? (e.g.: original G1 Megatron, Megaplex & reissues?)

Tiby
26th January 2008, 11:25 PM
That's my thinking on it.

GoktimusPrime
28th January 2008, 11:04 AM
Sweet! :) :)

springah
28th January 2008, 02:37 PM
he he, permit..

darockk
28th January 2008, 06:51 PM
If anyone in NSW who has a permit but hasn't got a MP-5 and is wanting one I noticed that Angolz have it on discount for $69 +$20 shipping which comes to about AU$100.

http://www.angolz.com/home/productDetails.aspx?PLU=0000104984&catId=84

that is stupidly cheap. i would buy 3 of those if i could :mad:

Tober
28th January 2008, 07:02 PM
that is stupidly cheap. i would buy 3 of those if i could :mad:

I thought you got a permit?

darockk
28th January 2008, 09:37 PM
I thought you got a permit?

no, i was WRONGLY issued a permit by NSW firearms.

When I tried to organise pick up of my MP-05, ACT customs said the permit is no good to me because i reside in Canberra.

Tober
29th January 2008, 06:41 PM
Damn!

Such bureaucratic nonsense!

roller
29th January 2008, 08:41 PM
mercenaries + Helicopter = Mp05

The_Damned
19th February 2008, 06:35 PM
what cases did people buy link me up please

dirge
19th February 2008, 07:54 PM
I picked up this one (http://www.displayandracksystems.com.au/store/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=132), based on Tiby's recommendation. It's an acrylic with three removable shelves and a lock.

I've managed to fit MP Megatron, Megatron, Megaplex and Browning in it:

http://www.paxeiro.com/collection/themed.jpg

Goktimus picked up a much larger, glass, cabinet from the same company.

The_Damned
19th February 2008, 08:23 PM
thanks just ordered it.

GoktimusPrime
20th February 2008, 10:39 AM
Here's my cabinet

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers%20Collection/collection02a.jpg

I went for the larger size one because I display Megaplex in gun mode with extensions. This display unit cost me $65

Saintly
20th February 2008, 10:54 AM
ummm silly question and because I can't remember, is the display unit hammer-proof? :)

liegeprime
20th February 2008, 11:03 AM
ummm silly question and because I can't remember, is the display unit hammer-proof? :)

I would think absolutely ... not. Seen Gok's and its glass so if you do that, well ... goodbye Megatron :p

bassbot
20th February 2008, 03:06 PM
hey guys. I sent the claim letter to Customs (i'm a nsw person btw) and they sent a letter back saying because it's been over the 30 days that it's property of the state. Now last year when the shamozle happened, I called customs, the police etc etc did the entire thing and like other people here got a permit recently. I've found the lockable case I want and so want my MP-05.
What have people done to actually physically get it back?!?

bassbot
20th February 2008, 03:09 PM
I am shocked. They gave me a permit. :eek:
Thanks Tiby for making this possible. Now off to claim whats mine.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/8169/p1220200vl8.jpg

awesome stuff. how did you get the mp-05! i've got my permit. and got a crappy letter back from customs!! i'll kill em!!! :P

GoktimusPrime
20th February 2008, 05:01 PM
hey guys. I sent the claim letter to Customs (i'm a nsw person btw) and they sent a letter back saying because it's been over the 30 days that it's property of the state. Now last year when the shamozle happened, I called customs, the police etc etc did the entire thing and like other people here got a permit recently. I've found the lockable case I want and so want my MP-05.

Erk... yeah, afaik as soon as you receive the letter you basically need to haul ass and get a permit to get it back asap or possibly contact customs to let them know that you're in the process of acquiring the permit and are interested in retrieving the item... not sure. I would recommend PMing Tiby to see what your options are at this stage. :/

What have people done to actually physically get it back?!?

Jedi mind trick.

:p actually, I got lucky and my MP Megatron came through w/o being inspected/confiscated. I since got a permit just for the security of being able to legally own the toy and in case I want to import any more gun Transformers in the future - I'd really like to know if anything can be legally "retconned" to allow this existing permit to cover non-Megatron gun Transformers like Browning.

gamblor916
20th February 2008, 08:53 PM
I still haven't got mine yet. I have to arrange half a day off work to get to the city to pick it up probably next week. It's a sign...

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/7462/permit01dr0.jpg

GoktimusPrime
20th February 2008, 10:23 PM
hahaha. Sweet. :D

My 666th Transformer was Energon Scorponok (I intentionally wanted a Decepticon leader for my 666th TF, I really wanted Energon Megatron but that toy came out a few waves later and I couldn't wait so I got Scorponok instead). On June 6 2006 I went and tried to find a Decepticon - any Decepticon that I didn't already own to buy on that day... but the only one I could find was Cybertron Skyshadow - which I didn't really want since it was just a repaint of Jetfire... but to add insult to injury, after I got home I read the tech specs and discovered that he's just an Autobot in disguise! BAH!! I still display him on my Cybertron Decepticon shelf though (he is incognito after all, unlike Jetfire who's outcognito) :p

Then there was this:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/devilmince.jpg <---evil moo-moo mince!

:D :)

dirge
20th February 2008, 11:15 PM
I really hope that's not sitting in your fridge still...

darockk
21st February 2008, 12:03 AM
screw all this permit stuff, transfiguretoys is your friend.

Tiby
21st February 2008, 09:30 AM
awesome stuff. how did you get the mp-05! i've got my permit. and got a crappy letter back from customs!! i'll kill em!!! :P

Bassbot, here's the process for NSW:

http://www.megatron.net.au/MC_Masterpiece_MP05_NSW.htm

I have updated it to include the start to finish process. If you like, send me a scan of the letter you received and details of what you have done, including timeframes. I'll see if we can make sense of it.

springah
21st February 2008, 10:37 AM
Meh, i got mine shipped from Singapore, no drama.

Also, the gun mode is much bigger than i thought... not to scale at all.

JuzMel
21st February 2008, 03:43 PM
Is there really any rule out there that says we can't have Mp-05? Or is it more of a case of luck basis where some officer deem it to be unlawful and some don't?

Isn't there anyone in Victoria that wants an MP-05 at all? How come no one wants to write to the Vic Federal Police to ask for a permit? I'm really tempted to get the one from Transfigure toys or shipped from Hongkong ebay for a cheaper rate. Where are you located Springah? Vic?

bassbot
21st February 2008, 04:54 PM
thanks tiby. i'll check the site out again. i might try calling them as well.

bassbot
21st February 2008, 04:55 PM
hey i checked the site. you've got Theo K down as the customs contact. he is the one that sent me my letter. i'll call. then get back to you ...

Pulse
21st February 2008, 11:05 PM
hahaha. Sweet. :D

My 666th Transformer was Energon Scorponok (I intentionally wanted a Decepticon leader for my 666th TF, I really wanted Energon Megatron but that toy came out a few waves later and I couldn't wait so I got Scorponok instead). On June 6 2006 I went and tried to find a Decepticon - any Decepticon that I didn't already own to buy on that day... but the only one I could find was Cybertron Skyshadow - which I didn't really want since it was just a repaint of Jetfire... but to add insult to injury, after I got home I read the tech specs and discovered that he's just an Autobot in disguise! BAH!! I still display him on my Cybertron Decepticon shelf though (he is incognito after all, unlike Jetfire who's outcognito) :p

Then there was this:

:D :)

Honestly, I have no idea how you remember what your 666th TF was. I'm sure that if I asked you for any other number, you would probably draw a blank.

I bet everyone remembers their first TF & their newest and that's about it. My first TF/s (that I still have) were RID Prime & Magnus and my latest acquisition of Movie Cliffjumper is number 265 (according to my TF spreadsheet). Ask me what I got for number 100/200 etc. & I wouldn't have the slightest idea.

Tiby
21st February 2008, 11:25 PM
Is there really any rule out there that says we can't have Mp-05? Or is it more of a case of luck basis where some officer deem it to be unlawful and some don't?

Isn't there anyone in Victoria that wants an MP-05 at all? How come no one wants to write to the Vic Federal Police to ask for a permit? I'm really tempted to get the one from Transfigure toys or shipped from Hongkong ebay for a cheaper rate. Where are you located Springah? Vic?

Basically the federal government (which Customs is part of) decided that it is a replica and a permit is needed to import it. Then each state/territory decides whether it is legal in that state/territory. If people comply with their local laws, then federal customs play along. If not, then they can destroy it.

At my meeting with the NSW Police Ministry they showed me pistols that were just as big as MP05. This included a home-made P-38 which was very large (and well-made). In fact, MP05 was one of the smaller guns there.

Having said that, a 7-Eleven clerk is not going to have time to check if it is an oversized P-38 or a $2 shop special or the real thing. This is the price we pay for these ultra-terror-sensitive times.

GoktimusPrime
22nd February 2008, 03:38 PM
Honestly, I have no idea how you remember what your 666th TF was. I'm sure that if I asked you for any other number, you would probably draw a blank.
That's true. :D I remember it because I planned it. When I clocked over the 600 mark and as the number 666 drew ever closer, I intentionally wanted to make sure that my 666th Transformer would be some real evil muthafletcher. Ideally I wanted to get Energon Megatron, but the toy couldn't come out soon enough, so I settled for Energon Scorponok instead. He's still a big mean Decepticon leader, so it works. :)

But otherwise, yeah, I don't remember - I remember my first Transformer (Brawn) and my latest (Carnivac) but otherwise I don't remember who was my 100th Transformer nor who was my 1000th Transformer. This is also why I started the 1337 Transformer thread to encourage myself and others to take note of who will be their 1337th Transformer. :D

gamblor916
27th February 2008, 09:13 PM
I finally got my Megs home. Some b@%#@ at customs opened the box and put a ballpoint pen mark on the box. Luckily nothing is missing and everything looks ok. I'll take a closer look later but I'm glad this is finally over.

GoktimusPrime
27th February 2008, 10:54 PM
that totally sucks! About 10 years ago I was at Kmart with a friend of mine who was purchasing some Batman figure. It wouldn't scan so the console operator called for a price check from toys. While we were waiting the console operator got bored and started colouring in the DC logo on the back of the card. I looked up at my friend's face and his jaw dropped, eyes popping out silently gasping in abject HORROR! It looked like he wanted to scream but was frozen in terror!

I've imported several Megatron toys over decades of collecting - six of which were Walther P-38s... but I've only ever had ONE Megatron opened and inspected by customs...

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/images/products/in/small/HAS11349.jpg

That's right - Machine Wars Megatron! And the so-and-so at Customs BENT the card in half when they clumsily shoved it back into the box! As benben2142 would say -- gggrrrrrr!

Tiby
28th February 2008, 09:55 AM
Well done Gamblor!

The outside packaging of my MP05 from Customs had a ball-bearing in it. No doubt the customs boys were playing with confiscated BB Guns and Megs got in the way!

Saintly
28th February 2008, 12:49 PM
The outside packaging of my MP05 from Customs had a ball-bearing in it.

:eek::eek::eek:

gamblor916
28th February 2008, 01:42 PM
That really makes me wonder if they really destroy confiscated items or smuggle it out in their back pocket. Wouldn't surprise me if they did.

springah
28th February 2008, 02:20 PM
Duh, as if they wouldn't.

turtle boy
28th February 2008, 11:08 PM
That really makes me wonder if they really destroy confiscated items or smuggle it out in their back pocket. Wouldn't surprise me if they did.

that wouldn't surprise me, that used to happen all the time at my work. now we have the famous "jimmy cam" watching over our backs every 10 seconds you cant walk across the yard and off the yellow lines with out getting a phone call from the front office, saying "get back on the lines" true, they watch the screens every minute of every day, and will ring if you are doing something wrong..

anyway, i would take that box of your in and demand you get some compensation out of it, yell "I'm a MISB collector, i demand justice" though, you would probably just be pushing your luck, forget i said anything:P

springah
29th February 2008, 12:30 PM
*shrugs. I've got a couple of MP-05s sent to me from Singapore. Transformed into robot mode, there were no troubles at all.

I don't understand this retardedness over this toy..

griffin
29th February 2008, 02:34 PM
The MP-5 is already packaged in robot mode.
Customs x-ray scanner operators were obviously educated to be able to pick out a robot mode MP-5 from x-ray scans of sealed postal packages. They weren't looking for the silhoutte of a gun on their monitor screen, but one biped robotic toy out of the thousands of biped robotic toys that pass through their x-ray scanner. And the only thing that would tip them off would be outlines of a gun barrel, scope or trigger - nothing much else stands out from an MP-5 silhoutte that shouts out it could turn into a gun. This in addition to the thousands of other specific contraband items they have to look out for each day, I was really amazed that they managed to find and confiscate so many MP-5s.

Tiby
1st March 2008, 09:19 AM
I have yet to hear the real political reasons behind it, but what I really, really wanted to avoid was us fans being labelled as fanatics. In these artificially tense times due to the "terror" concept, the last thing we need is to be labelled a group of fanatics who import illegal weapons. Best to play by their rules to get what we want.

roller
1st March 2008, 10:21 AM
Us fanatics? Never! :) http://au.youtube.com/results?search_query=ozformers&search_type=

JuzMel
1st March 2008, 11:27 PM
*shrugs. I've got a couple of MP-05s sent to me from Singapore. Transformed into robot mode, there were no troubles at all.

I don't understand this retardedness over this toy..
And it would really be appreciated if you would let me know which state you are from since I asked you the last time and you didn't reply too. :(

Just a question though Griffin, how do we know that Customs confiscated MP-05s since they are in robot mode?! Did we have cases happen to people in this forum?

griffin
2nd March 2008, 12:06 AM
The MP-5 toy only comes packaged in robot mode, not gun mode, so any that were imported by fans here and were confiscated, it was because customs knew what type of robot silhoutte (on their x-ray monitor) to look for. They don't open every box that comes through customs, they just x-ray scan and sniff (by dog) most, and only open up the suspicious ones.
Also, it was posted on the customs website at the time (and included on national news programs and websites), that there were about 50 confiscated from Sydney customs alone during that first month or two of its release - suggesting that they were very good at finding the. Because how many more in addition to that 50 do you think would have been imported by NSW collectors and dealers during that first few months? Probably not too many, making it a good strike rate for customs.

Tiby
2nd March 2008, 11:46 AM
Griffin's right. They knew the profile and targetted them specifically.

springah
2nd March 2008, 12:29 PM
And it would really be appreciated if you would let me know which state you are from since I asked you the last time and you didn't reply too. :(

Just a question though Griffin, how do we know that Customs confiscated MP-05s since they are in robot mode?! Did we have cases happen to people in this forum?

Whoops, sorry dude, I'm terrible at keeping up with forums :/

I'm in NSW.

And yeah, forgot they didn't come in gun mode anyway. But yeah, we got 2.. no drama.

JuzMel
2nd March 2008, 07:46 PM
So griffin, is it still on the Customs website? Because I went there and try to search, but I couldn't see any article. I searched for megatron gun and they showed me a photo of it thats all, with no other information. Plus its mentioned that to imported restricted items, please contact the Customs for approval, so does that mean we possibly might be able to get approval? Ta.

Btw when did you get your 2 Springah? Before of after the period where Griffin mentioned(sorry when was it again? April 2007?) that customs people started to get really smart at lookin out for MP-05 in robot mode?

Tiby
2nd March 2008, 07:58 PM
Mel, the approval process for importing MP05 is the one set out on www.megatron.net.au. You need a permit from the state police commissioner / and or the appropriate release permit for customs (usually B709A).

Tiby
2nd March 2008, 08:07 PM
Here is the Customs report:

http://www.customs.gov.au/site/page.cfm?u=4232&c=8854

JuzMel
3rd March 2008, 10:07 AM
Mel, the approval process for importing MP05 is the one set out on www.megatron.net.au. You need a permit from the state police commissioner / and or the appropriate release permit for customs (usually B709A).
I have read that Tiby, I even downloaded the checklist, but it's all for NSW only. What about Victoria? where do I send the documents too and will it even be approved? :(

springah
3rd March 2008, 10:18 AM
Btw when did you get your 2 Springah? Before of after the period where Griffin mentioned(sorry when was it again? April 2007?) that customs people started to get really smart at lookin out for MP-05 in robot mode?

Nope. Got my first one about 3 weeks ago now. Latest one came on Friday.. i think..

Was sent to me by a friend who bought it at a toy store.. if that helps..

griffin
3rd March 2008, 02:47 PM
Mel, think of the importing process as being a double border crossing check - you have 'Federal Customs restrictions' applicable to every Australian and 'State Importing restrictions' which is different in each state and only affects those people in that state. Tiby has on his website what needs to be done to get the toy legally in NSW, but you will need to contact your own Police Dept (search for Vic police website) and see if ownership of replica gun toys is allowed, or what you need to do if a permit is required. If they tell you that it is totally illegal to own one, and no permits currently exist, you may just have to do what Tiby did and ask them how you can get a permit process created for fans like yourself in Victoria.

Paulbot
3rd March 2008, 03:57 PM
See here for the thread I started for setting up a Permit Process for Victoria:
http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=519

Tiby
4th March 2008, 08:44 AM
I'm happy to assist where I can, including registering the Club in other States to comply. I'm happy for people to use the NSW model and information from the site to convince the authorities in other States. I am also happy to talk to these authorities if they wish.

reillyd
4th March 2008, 11:02 PM
That all sounds like a lot of trouble to go to for Vic residents. Why not just buy from within Australia? Collectoybles has it in stock, at http://www.collectoybles.com.au/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=2805

Admittedly, the price is pretty high, but I suspect it would be cheaper than investing in locked cases.

dirge
4th March 2008, 11:07 PM
Online stores may be breaking the law if they sell to residents of states which prohibit the ownership (or non permit holders in NSW). They could always refuse to move the thing across state borders. They have a disclaimer on their website, but I think you'd probably find they could still be in trouble if they're supplying replica weapons with a "don't ask, don't tell" disclaimer like that. At the moment SA & WA allow ownership, but Victoria does not. This store is in WA, so they have no issues with selling within WA (and can import into WA), legally.

Ownership is still illegal in Victoria at the moment. So if you own an MP-05 and - for whatever reason - it comes to light that you have it, you could be in hot water.

Tiby
4th March 2008, 11:09 PM
I don't know about others, but avoiding 7-14 years prison is worth a bit of extra care...

Tiby
4th March 2008, 11:14 PM
Yeah, those disclaimers are worth nothing

turtle boy
4th March 2008, 11:21 PM
That all sounds like a lot of trouble to go to for Vic residents. Why not just buy from within Australia? Collectoybles has it in stock, at http://www.collectoybles.com.au/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=2805

Admittedly, the price is pretty high, but I suspect it would be cheaper than investing in locked cases.

there is, like dirge said, border line customs... pain in the rear really.

gamblor916
5th March 2008, 08:27 AM
there is, like dirge said, border line customs... pain in the rear really.

If there is then they weren't doing their job, and that's all I'm going to say. ;)

goro
6th March 2008, 03:28 PM
got a question... may have already been answered .. is megatron legal in QLD or any other state? if so i have a few contacts there that we may just be able to ship to, and him send the items to us separately ( eg box separatley to teh bot) on different days...

Pulse
6th March 2008, 03:54 PM
got a question... may have already been answered .. is megatron legal in QLD or any other state? if so i have a few contacts there that we may just be able to ship to, and him send the items to us separately ( eg box separatley to teh bot) on different days...

Goro, can I ask you something?

Did you ring up Nova the other day in the afternoon talking about Bachelorhood & your TFs? Those Boneheads started laughing amongst themselves about Sludge's name & then queried what the ladies thought of your bedroom when they saw it.

goro
6th March 2008, 04:11 PM
lol yeh that was me..... haha...

yeh didnt think anything funny about sludges name..... wierd... i didnt get that joke

dirge
6th March 2008, 08:54 PM
I don't have much (pronounced, "any") respect for Radio DJs & TV types who base their humour on putting others down. It's not especially clever and frankly makes me wonder just how secure in themselves they are. Paul Vautin is perhaps the unfunniest tool I've ever seen manage to get a media contract. Being able to belittle people is _not_ a talent.

So yeah, good on you goro for putting yourself out there. Boo to the morons who felt the need to belittle you in a basal attempt to make themselves look clever.

In answer to your question, the answer is here. (http://www.megatron.net.au/MC_Masterpiece_MP05_QLD.htm). At present, MP-05 is known to be legal in SA & WA, illegal in Victoria, QLD and ACT. He _is_ legal in NSW with a permit from NSW Firearms Registry. I don't know the legality in NT, Tasmania or JBT (not that I expect there to be many Transfans in Jervis Bay Territory).

turtle boy
6th March 2008, 09:12 PM
If there is then they weren't doing their job, and that's all I'm going to say. ;)

Thats a good question, I would ask them myself, but... They would probably start doing the job and then no one would get stuff around the place.

The_Damned
10th March 2008, 04:10 PM
well i got my permit today, but when i got in contact with customs i found out my megs has been destroyed.

Saintly
10th March 2008, 05:19 PM
awww man.. that sux big time!

can anything be done about that??

The_Damned
10th March 2008, 08:15 PM
not really once it gone its gone.

gamblor916
10th March 2008, 09:27 PM
That really sux, totally unnecessary.

dirge
10th March 2008, 10:52 PM
At least if you get another you don't have to worry about customs.

(hey, just trying to be positive!)

griffin
11th March 2008, 02:29 AM
If they have others unclaimed that they will be destroying, you should make them give you one of those. It's unlikely, but maybe worth asking.

The_Damned
11th March 2008, 04:54 AM
At least if you get another you don't have to worry about customs.

(hey, just trying to be positive!)

lol yea i got a second one not long after the first one got seized,so it not like i went without, its good to know i could get another one without and trouble.

The_Damned
11th March 2008, 05:00 AM
If they have others unclaimed that they will be destroying, you should make them give you one of those. It's unlikely, but maybe worth asking.

yea i dont think that there would be other as they unclaimed one get destroyed
after 30 days which is what happened to mine.
what happened was i got my letter saying megs was seized, so i rung them up and said i want ed to claim it can they put it on hold while i got a permit, the person said thats fine they will put a stay on it, but the person didnt tell me i needed to actually send the claim form in at this point. so i finally get my permit and wanted to start the claim process but it was to late.
at least i do have the permit now and everything is legal.

Tiby
11th March 2008, 08:54 AM
What a hassle! I have learned that at each level of authority involved in this, they have a different understanding and opinion about it.

bassbot
11th March 2008, 08:54 AM
that sounds exactly like what happened to me. In fact, I was told NOT to send the claim form in... so crap. So basically i'm gonna have to buy another one.
For those that know, if i'm now buying a mp-05 with a permit, how do I nice and legally get it to my door?!?

JuzMel
11th March 2008, 01:22 PM
This is interesting:

Transformers Masterpiece MP-5 Megatron
For Sale. Limited edition, brand new, unmodified (no orange tip) Transformers Masterpiece MP-5 Megatron for sale - $800. Extremely difficult to obtain due to strict customs regulations as the transformer transforms into an accurate replica firearm. Only 1 available so first in first served. E-mail if interested: XXXXX@XXXX.XX Pickup/delivery available in Melbourne, Victoria.

kup
11th March 2008, 02:38 PM
This is interesting:

Transformers Masterpiece MP-5 Megatron
For Sale. Limited edition, brand new, unmodified (no orange tip) Transformers Masterpiece MP-5 Megatron for sale - $800. Extremely difficult to obtain due to strict customs regulations as the transformer transforms into an accurate replica firearm. Only 1 available so first in first served. E-mail if interested: XXXXX@XXXX.XX Pickup/delivery available in Melbourne, Victoria.

$800???!?

And we thought that the Scalpers at the Parra fair were ripping people off at $300!

Paulbot
11th March 2008, 02:47 PM
Mel, Kup I've removed the link to the actual sale ad from your posts.

That's a huge price to be asking for a Transformer that's not Fort Max!!

Saintly
11th March 2008, 04:58 PM
tell'im that he's dream'in!

Tiby
12th March 2008, 08:47 AM
that sounds exactly like what happened to me. In fact, I was told NOT to send the claim form in... so crap. So basically i'm gonna have to buy another one.
For those that know, if i'm now buying a mp-05 with a permit, how do I nice and legally get it to my door?!?

The authorities are not communicating properly.

What you need to do is order it and if Customs catch it then you request a B709A from the Firearms Registry by sending them a copy of your Commissioner's Permit. You then need to pick it up from the Customs depot with the original of your B709A permit.

roller
12th March 2008, 07:01 PM
bust into the lawmans house at night and demand your money back

Tiby
19th March 2008, 09:02 PM
Hi VIC fans!

Here is an update on the VIC situation - keep those fingers crossed!

http://www.megatron.net.au/MC_Masterpiece_MP05_VIC.htm

Saintly
20th March 2008, 11:41 PM
it's semi good news, I supposed :)

good work, tiby!

alloy head
2nd April 2008, 04:48 PM
The classifying of MP-5 still bothers me,particularly when i see things like this.A few days ago i was watching a tv show about customs security at australian airports,which featured a woman coming back from the middle east with oranamental swords and daggers,security stopped her and let customs check the items, which were 1 sword roughly a metre long and a number of daggers that had serated edges all were made of hard metal not lead or anything soft looking.Customs waved her through no problems not even a run down of their intended use saying their obviously for ceremonial use.these were deadset weapons that maime or kill people and they had no issue with them,we should have all claimed Megatron was for ceremonial
use he would have been let straight in. What a complete farse this makes of border security.

dirge
2nd April 2008, 08:53 PM
What a complete farse this makes of border security.

I can understand your frustration - the way our laws are intepreted and applied can be frustrating.

But hey, for a state with the most useless mob in power, at least NSW has worked with the fans to find an avenue to allow transfans to legally own Megatron. So we're in a better position than those in some other states.

gamblor916
2nd April 2008, 08:57 PM
we should have all claimed Megatron was for ceremonial
use

I just had to laugh at that, picturing a TF ceremony :D

roller
2nd April 2008, 08:59 PM
alloy head has a point

the scottish are allowed to carry daggers around on planes because of their traditional dress, you could claim to be from Iacon and the Mpo5 is part of the traditional dress.

Its not as silly as it sounds as we live in over politically correct times

Tiby
2nd April 2008, 09:05 PM
I think what we need to accept is that a replica gun can be used by any idiot to hold up a pertrol station etc. Also, being replica of a ranged weapon, there is no way to run. With a sword or other melee weapon, first it takes a lot more skill to wield and secondly you can run away without risking being shot in the back.

There is also the practical side of things. Blades have uses. If you ban a sword or dagger you need to ban kitchen knives, etc. Pistols have no non-violent use.

GoktimusPrime
2nd April 2008, 10:48 PM
Also, being replica of a ranged weapon, there is no way to run. With a sword or other melee weapon, first it takes a lot more skill to wield

Indeed - it's the "idiot's" weapon as it requires far less skill and discipline to master compared to a melee weapon. It revolutionised warfare because riflemen could be trained in a matter of mere weeks or months whereas melee fighters would take more months or years.

In Europe the gun was hailed as the "equaliser" because a man's size, relative strength and skill were far less important in a fight. In certain periods of Japanese history the Samurai considered guns to be dishonourable and uncivilsed weapon because they required far less skill and discipline to master compared to a sword or bow and arrow (although in other periods they embraced firearms, even creating a martial art around it called Juujutsu* - go figure :p). The Jedi, who are essentially Samurai in space, also shared the same romantic view about swords vs guns.

"Your father's light sabre. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight. Not as clumsy or random as a blaster; an elegant weapon for a more civilized age." - Obi-Wan Kenobi (A New Hope)

"So uncivilised!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi, after using a blaster (Revenge of the Sith)

There is also the practical side of things. Blades have uses. If you ban a sword or dagger you need to ban kitchen knives, etc. Pistols have no non-violent use.
Pistols are also useful for scratching yourself, as Chief Wiggum has demonstrated. :p

On a more serious note, a few weeks ago I read a article in a newspaper about a student in Australia who threatened a teacher with a replica toy gun. When I read it I shook my head and realised that this is why we have stupid annoying laws about toy guns that inconvenience the rest of us - because of IDIOTS like that. (-_-) I also know of a really stupid Transformer fan (again, in Australia) who walked around an airport carrying G1 Megatron in gun mode. He was tackled by security guards.

It's always a small number of absolute f###wits who spoil it for the rest of us. :/

*Similar pronunciation as the grappling style, but written in different Kanji. The grappling style which Judo hails from is written as 柔術 whereas the gunnery form of written as 銃術

Tober
3rd April 2008, 06:26 PM
Got my permit today! :D

So... now what? :confused:

Megs is scheduled for destruction on the 11th of April. Who do I contact to let them know I want my MP-5 back?

Tiby
3rd April 2008, 11:05 PM
Hey Tober, Well done!

Get onto Theo asap:

Theo Koutellou

Senior Customs Officer
Security & Governance NSW
Ph: 02 8339 6327
Fax: 02 8339 6718
theodore.koutellou@customs.gov.au