PDA

View Full Version : SDCC details for July 24-27.

griffin
13th July 2008, 09:36 PM
To correct my earlier news posting about IDW at the SDCC this month, the convention will be on from July 24 to 27, not this weekend.

IDW have 2 panels, with their Transformers panel being on the Friday 25th.
All Hail the Transformers (Friday, July 25 4:00–5:00 PM)
TF Editor Denton J. Tipton hosts a panel of Transformers creators including writers Shane McCarthy (All Hail Megatron), Chris Mowry (The Reign of Starscream), Marty Isenberg (TF Animated), artists Alex Milne (The Reign of Starscream), Marcelo Matere (TF Animated), Klaus Scherwinski (TF Spotlight: Wheelie) and more. Advance art, surprise announcements, pints of Energon all around! As if that wasn’t enough, all this will be topped off with a sneak peek of the new G.I. Joe comic! Room 2

Hasbro's presentation will be Saturday July 26, 12:00-1:00 P.M.
Hasbro: Transformers - Aaron Archer and Jared Wade (Hasbro Design), and Michael Ballog and Jared Jones (Hasbro Marketing) present all the latest toys from the new Transformers Animated and Transformers Universe toy lines. See a sneak peek into what Hasbro is doing to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Transformers in 2009!

News from these panels will be posted when they happen, in two weeks time.

GoktimusPrime
13th July 2008, 11:14 PM
Will there be an SDCC exclusive Transformer?

Pulse
13th July 2008, 11:20 PM
Isn't it Classics Nem Prime & 6 inch Titanium Skywarp?

i_amtrunks
14th July 2008, 11:04 AM
Isn't it Classics Nem Prime & 6 inch Titanium Skywarp?

That is my understanding of the "exclusives" that will more than likely appear in Brisbane Toyworlds later this year! :p

kup
14th July 2008, 12:42 PM
That is my understanding of the "exclusives" that will more than likely appear in Brisbane Toyworlds later this year! :p

Skywarp better appear!

Sunstorm should have been the exclusive not Skywarp! That move made a strong contribution to why I don't like Aaron Archer.

MV75
14th July 2008, 03:23 PM
See a sneak peek into what Hasbro is doing to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Transformers in 2009!

That I wanna know.

Any speculation on a Commemorative re-release?

The movie will be that year too.... so anything is possible.
________
Buy silversurfer vaporizer (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/silver-surfer)

Thanatos
14th July 2008, 05:00 PM

Here's hoping :D

Paulbot
14th July 2008, 05:10 PM
Any speculation on a Commemorative re-release?

At Botcon they announced G1 Prime was getting one.

GoktimusPrime
14th July 2008, 07:03 PM
*doesn't trust Hasbro w/ reissues* (-_-)

MV75
14th July 2008, 10:40 PM
*doesn't trust Hasbro w/ reissues* (-_-)

Yea, could be why we're buying up on encores. :D
________
Ford Festiva (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Ford_Festiva)

i_amtrunks
15th July 2008, 09:48 AM
At Botcon they announced G1 Prime was getting one.
And don't forget the new commemorative Armada HotShot! (But it should be a new mold)

Golden Phoenix
15th July 2008, 07:51 PM
And don't forget the new commemorative Armada HotShot! (But it should be a new mold)

Isn't it a new mold? I thought him and Cheetor were getting new molds to represent Armada and Beast Wars in the Universe line

lcz128
15th July 2008, 08:16 PM
ahhh... I wants me one of the SDCC Marvel Legends (Zabu Shanna & Kazar) Figure packs... :( I don't want to have to pay scalper prices for them :(

STL
15th July 2008, 10:48 PM
ahhh... I wants me one of the SDCC Marvel Legends (Zabu Shanna & Kazar) Figure packs... :( I don't want to have to pay scalper prices for them :(

Does it work similar to how the SDCC Transformer figures work? Like they're exclusives in the USA but not exclusives in Asia. If that's the case, you shld be able to grab a decent price from somewhere in asia. And I do agree, I've stopped collecting ML for a long time but those do look nice.

griffin
24th July 2008, 12:02 PM
Looks like the SDCC has begun already, and reports are already out on the different displays related to TFs. I'll start posting up the different displays in different topics to be quicker. It's exciting to see new toys... :)