PDA

View Full Version : Gold plated Movie Leader Prime.

griffin
13th July 2008, 08:43 PM
88 of these are being produced, and 10 are being given away at a Hong Kong Animation and Comic show soon.
They are totally plated, with the tyres being the only exception.

Very nice, but not as rare as the usual 'Lucky Draw' gold toys, which are usually 5-10 units.

etoysjapan.com has images of this golden figure on their website, which have been mirrored here:
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-9/gold-lucky-draw-optimus-prime-images-and-chance-to-get-last-10-165359/

Pulse
13th July 2008, 09:18 PM
I just don't "understand" gold-plating TFs like this... :confused: (It must be a TakaraTomy "thing" :rolleyes:)

STL
13th July 2008, 10:12 PM
i knew i shouldn't have bought that second crystal convoy...

GoktimusPrime
13th July 2008, 10:20 PM
I just don't "understand" gold-plating TFs like this... (It must be a TakaraTomy "thing" )
At such an incredibly limited production run I don't think it matters. :p The gold plating made more sense with the G1 and MP Convoy moulds because of the "Gold Lagoon" theme - and I think MP Convoy was specifically marketed that way.

Kyle
14th July 2008, 08:49 AM
i knew i shouldn't have bought that second crystal convoy...

I doubt it really mattered. Unless the 10 who line up and get theirs in Hong Kong will put theirs on eBay... :o

STL
14th July 2008, 09:00 AM
I doubt it really mattered. Unless the 10 who line up and get theirs in Hong Kong will put theirs on eBay... :o

I reckon a few will. Plus aren't there 88 total? That's why I'm thinking they might only be in the low hundreds for one :confused:

Kyle
14th July 2008, 09:02 AM
HK only gets 10 of the 88.

iceburn
14th July 2008, 09:24 AM
i think 10 will be heading down Singapore and it's a luckydraw thingie there

Zippo
14th July 2008, 06:08 PM
i think 10 will be heading down Singapore and it's a luckydraw thingie there

Interesting .. Singapore you say and not just HK
Come on end of September for that!!

iceburn
14th July 2008, 10:30 PM
i think so....and i guess it's over. Just 1 piece!

http://www.greatsingaporesale.com.sg/gss2008/english-08/eng08-html/eng-events/eng-toy-universe.html

Highlights
• LEGO® Exclusive Buys: Enjoy up to 60% off
• PLAYSTATION®: Check out the newly launched Mint Green SLIM & LITE PSP®
• Transformers: Spend $50 on Transformer Toys and get a chance to win a limited edition Gold Optimus Prime Leader worth more than $500 (terms and conditions apply)

Pulse
14th July 2008, 10:57 PM
We need to make sure our contacts give us the best chance possible of winning Golden-Lagoon Movie Prime! :p

(Or we could just organise for the winner to be mugged ;))

GoktimusPrime
15th July 2008, 07:10 PM
..cos there was totally a golden lagoon in the live action moofie! :p As I said to benben about chrome gold Jazz, these toys are neat novelties if you can get one, but I wouldn't go out of my way to get them. I have silver chrome Bluestreak only because I actually won it as a lucky draw prize. I love having it, but if I hadn't had won I would never go out of my way to pay some premium price for it. Ggrrr! :p

http://www.geocities.com/planetsabretron/photocomic_tc14.jpg