PDA

View Full Version : MP Red Alert wrong head

kaiden
5th May 2013, 01:49 PM
http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums/u528/L45TN7/IMG_0205_zpsfc2c2708.jpg

weird, i just noticed that my RA doesn't have his proper head but is a repaint of Sideswipe's

CBratron
5th May 2013, 01:59 PM
Whoa. Honestly, I've never seen that before.
The gang mold probably has both helmets included (and both shoulders for that matter) and the assembly worker clipped the wrong one out.

lancalot
5th May 2013, 06:08 PM
:eek: But the head in red plastic ! not paint right?... totally weird

Slag
5th May 2013, 07:11 PM
you could have something pretty rare there.

GoktimusPrime
5th May 2013, 08:04 PM
You have a rare variant!! :D

Deonasis
5th May 2013, 09:05 PM
Congrats! That is certainly quite unique. :cool: I had to run off and check my head annnd check whether the brain-hurt earmuffs fitted Sideswipes head - and they do! It is a very loose fit though so I doubt I would have noticed, I would've just complained about the loose fit.

A quick internet search revealed just one other occurrance.. http://bbs.actoys.net/read.php?tid-1230582.html I found that link in this thread.. http://www.allspark.com/forums/lofiversion/index.php/t90961.html

I would keep it in the hope that in 20 years Maz from TFSource will write an article on its rarity and value.

kaiden
6th May 2013, 12:07 AM
:eek: But the head in red plastic ! not paint right?... totally weird

yeah, i guess its not a repaint if its molded in actual red.

but on a final note, this means i will have to get another RA with the proper head :/ cause I actually like his unique head. more $$$ spending :/

1AZRAEL1
6th May 2013, 01:01 AM
Whoa bizarre. I am pretty sure mine has the right head, I'll have to look when I get home. Quite unique to have that I'dwager.

CBratron
9th May 2013, 08:14 PM
It turns out there is a version that is packed in robot mode and this is supposedly the one with the red Sideswipe head. The one packed in Lamborghini mode has the Red Alert head.

Iriorne
9th May 2013, 09:46 PM
It turns out there is a version that is packed in robot mode [...]

I believe this is the Korean variant, though the in-package image (http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/viewtopic.php?p=1470877) I found seems to show it with the proper Red Alert head too. I'd bet on this being a mistake rather than a deliberate change.

MayzaPrime
9th May 2013, 10:35 PM
Can anyone post a picture of the correct Red Alert head?

CBratron
9th May 2013, 10:47 PM
Can anyone post a picture of the correct Red Alert head?

http://thefwoosh.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/DSC_00204.jpg

lancalot
10th May 2013, 01:42 AM
Well robot kingdom selling that version ,robot mode...but don't know about the head thing...

http://www.robotkingdom.com/services/eshop/main.php?action=details&CatType=&II=MP14K&lang=us

Zippo
11th May 2013, 02:16 PM
The first batch of 6 I ordered for New Zealanders - there was one of these incorrect head versions in there. I asked RK about it and I am still waiting for a reply.

kaiden
11th May 2013, 03:12 PM
The first batch of 6 I ordered for New Zealanders - there was one of these incorrect head versions in there. I asked RK about it and I am still waiting for a reply.

same.

griffin
11th May 2013, 05:26 PM
RK not being responsive to product quality queries... never. :p

(that's what stopped me from ordering from them ever again)

lancalot
11th May 2013, 06:17 PM

yeah ...my latest queries was the pile-driver of MP15 and they never responded ... lucky im not to fussed about that ...
I also stopped ordering from them...

JouetCOM
12th May 2013, 08:38 AM
Ok......cool. In a odd way. Cool.(for the sideswipe head on mp alert)

It's still not bad though:)

Seraphim Prime
12th May 2013, 09:23 AM

Agreed, I got turned off RK after they only sent 1 of the two Jet Vehicons I ordered (wuth some other things). The lousy customer service guys just asked if I'd lost it because they were sure the weight was correct for what I had ordered. Said they'd follow it up, and then never responded to my 3 follow-up emails.

Never again. BBTS all the way.

griffin
12th May 2013, 05:09 PM
I can understand and accept that it isn't their fault for faulty figures, and they may not want the hassle or expense to correct it, but it's part of the risk of undertaking any business. They should be getting refunds or replacements from the supplier (Hasbro), and then the cost of shipping replacements to the customers is then factored into their profit margins, like stores do with thefts.
But to just out-right ignore your customers who have legitimate complaints about faulty or missing products, is worse than the customer service we get at Australian stores... and when they don't respect your business enough to acknowledge you, they don't get your business anymore.

Sinnertwin
12th May 2013, 06:25 PM
Interesting. I take it the redheads are a robot mode only packaging find? Anybody spot this in alt mode packaging?

kaiden
12th May 2013, 09:06 PM
Interesting. I take it the redheads are a robot mode only packaging find? Anybody spot this in alt mode packaging?

mine is the original alt mode packaged version not the korean robot mode packaged.

Sinnertwin
13th May 2013, 09:17 AM
Thanks Kaiden, I thought it might've been a later production run

VGMStudios
13th May 2013, 11:20 PM
Interesting. It could be a qc issue cause I know my lambor has qc issues. The paint on one sode is all scratched up and the plastic is warped. Kinda bummed out about that.

kaiden
7th July 2013, 10:01 PM
Sent: Monday, June 17, 2013 12:13 PM
To: Lam Tran
Subject: Re: MP Red Alert wrong head followup

Hello,

Please provide the shipping address so I can ship the parts to you individually.

Yours Sincerely,
Daniel
www.robotkingdom.com

Sent: Friday, June 14, 2013 1:34 PM
To: Daniel Law

no, i dont have any upcoming orders

Sent: Thursday, June 13, 2013 12:07 PM
To: Lam Tran

Hello,

Thank you for your email.
Do you have any upcoming orders that I can include a part for you?

Yours Sincerely,
Daniel
www.robotkingdom.com

Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2013 4:08 AM
To: Daniel Law
Subject: MP Red Alert wrong head followup

hi, i emailed you over a month ago about my MP Red Alert having the wrong head and have not received a reply.

just an update in because i think i remember reading someone else had same/similar problem? and also with RK

its been almost 3 weeks (on top of the month i had to wait for a reply) and i haven't seen or heard anything and i had a close look at my MP RA and couldn't figure out how to remove the head if indeed they are intending to send me a replacement part... i'll try emailing again when its hit a month.

GoktimusPrime
8th July 2013, 10:39 AM
This... technically isn't a flaw with the toy, but rather a variant (even if it may not be preferred). Still, if Robot Kingdom have agreed to replace it, then it should be done at their cost. I don't understand this BS with lumping it with your next order.

I'd recommend posting on their Facebook page. That might warrant a speedier reply than private email.

kaiden
8th July 2013, 11:09 AM
This... technically isn't a flaw with the toy, but rather a variant (even if it may not be preferred). Still, if Robot Kingdom have agreed to replace it, then it should be done at their cost. I don't understand this BS with lumping it with your next order.

I'd recommend posting on their Facebook page. That might warrant a speedier reply than private email.

even if it is a variant, its still a flaw. i didn't get what i paid for and from past experiences, posting on their facebook page does nothing, they just ignore you as much as the rest of the time :/

lancalot
8th July 2013, 04:57 PM
even if it is a variant, its still a flaw. i didn't get what i paid for and from past experiences, posting on their facebook page does nothing, they just ignore you as much as the rest of the time :/

Hey kaiden ...if your not happy with your one , i can swap you if you want ... i wouldn't mind a variant head as i got a spare redalert to display in alt mode

kaiden
23rd August 2013, 08:37 PM
RK order 75782 parts

Your order is sent on 23 August 2013. The parcel no. is RC116801347HK

Finally. They've decided to actually send me a replacement part?! It took them... 7 emails from me and 3 months!

lancalot
23rd August 2013, 10:42 PM
Finally. They've decided to actually send me a replacement part?! It took them... 7 emails from me and 3 months!

That good to hear ....Can you post what they send you ...im very curious as what pieces they will send ... :confused: hopefully the whole head ..? but it pin together .... im in the middle of doing a lambo custom and the head can't be taken of with out very carefully depinning the head in two places .. which i found all most impossible without damaging it

kaiden
24th August 2013, 02:09 PM
That good to hear ....Can you post what they send you ...im very curious as what pieces they will send ... :confused: hopefully the whole head ..? but it pin together .... im in the middle of doing a lambo custom and the head can't be taken of with out very carefully depinning the head in two places .. which i found all most impossible without damaging it

yeah when i first looked at the head i couldn't figure out how to remove it at all.

i am thinking that it might be the whole upper body that they send.

lancalot
23rd September 2013, 12:13 PM
hey kaiden ... any update on the part? ... did they even send it? it been a while since they said they did ....

kaiden
23rd September 2013, 02:03 PM
hey kaiden ... any update on the part? ... did they even send it? it been a while since they said they did ....

i was about to email them actually, the tracking number they gave me said it left hongkong but its been a month and still nothing.

Cat
27th September 2013, 04:01 AM
That head is going to be VERY in-demand 6 months from now.

I know a lot of people want it for the upcoming G2 Sideswipe, to match the old toy better.

kaiden
27th September 2013, 06:43 AM
That head is going to be VERY in-demand 6 months from now.

I know a lot of people want it for the upcoming G2 Sideswipe, to match the old toy better.

hahah lol. well RK said they would open a case and help track the parcel. but honestly i don't have any faith in them