PDA

View Full Version : Canberra Collector

XMan
6th May 2013, 05:43 PM
Hi everyone :)

Glad to finally be apart of the community, and can't wait to enjoy chatting and showing you my collection and all that stuff :D

Living in Canberra, big action figure and comic collector, my main interests being Transformers, DC Universe and most all Marvel toys, Play Arts Kai and a few Star Wars here and there.

I always loved Transformers as kid, mostly Beast Wars, but it was the first movie that really got me into collecting. I just sold off most of my movie collection though as I'm more interested in Generations, Hasbro Masterpiece, Revoltech and 3rd Party Customs nowadays. I have 20 in my collection so far as I'm a bit choosy with what I buy.

I read mostly Marvel and DC, but also Spawn and a few other Image titles and really whatever takes my interest.

Really looking forward to Supanova this year, love movies and TV, and I guess that's it!

ILikeSoundwave
6th May 2013, 05:44 PM
WeLcOmE!!!

XMan
6th May 2013, 06:42 PM
Thanks man!

Kazza
6th May 2013, 08:58 PM
Welcome to the forums. My friend is pushing his Batman comics onto me, that and I enjoy Jonah Hex comics along with Marvels Punisher Max. What DC comics you read?

XMan
6th May 2013, 09:23 PM
You'll enjoy them, I always recommend Batman Hush to new readers, gives you a great feel for Batman's world and Rogues Gallery.

I read a few New 52 titles, Snyder's Batman, Batgirl, Super Girl, Suicide Squad and the Earth 2 with Huntress and Power Girl, still getting use to her new costume though :D

Kazza
6th May 2013, 09:25 PM
Definitely enjoy Batman detective comics. Especially Night of the Owls arc.

liegeprime
6th May 2013, 09:59 PM
Mabuhay and welcome to the forum!
Hope to see your collection pics soon! I too enjoy reading DC, but mostly JLA,JLD, GLWith batman, Im mor einto getting some tpb but that was way back and is usually elseworlds as well. I also like to read Fables - but I tend to wait for the tpb, instead of hunting per issue. Also liked the now ended The Boys by Garth Ennis. Enjoy your stay and interacting with everyone!

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb313/liegeprime/DSC02117.jpg (http://s205.photobucket.com/user/liegeprime/media/DSC02117.jpg.html)

Megatron
6th May 2013, 11:18 PM
Welcome! :)

XMan
7th May 2013, 06:13 AM
I also like to read Fables - but I tend to wait for the tpb

Fables is meant to be fantastic! I'm currently in the process of getting all my single issues as trades, I find them to better and they look great on bookcase.

Welcome! :)

Thanks Megatron :)

5FDP
7th May 2013, 09:06 AM
Welcome to Ozformers :)

KalEl
7th May 2013, 08:50 PM
Welcome to the boards !!!
http://i1271.photobucket.com/albums/jj621/KalElofKrypton87/44583114.jpg

liegeprime
7th May 2013, 09:18 PM
Fables is meant to be fantastic! I'm currently in the process of getting all my single issues as trades, I find them to better and they look great on bookcase.

Yep Fables has 18 volumes of tpb so far. The only one I have in individual issues was supposedly vol 13 - the crossover saga - also have JAck of Fables tpb and the Cinderella one. I used to collect individual issues of Wonder Woman especially the George Perez ones but after a while I switched to tpb as well and gave my individuals to my friend who is more of a rabid comic collector than me. He has a walk-in closetful of comics. Mostly DC.

You also collect other figures? like MOTU/C and DCUC? there's threads in the forum on them toys too. I collect those figures as well. :)

XMan
8th May 2013, 06:33 AM
Welcome to Ozformers :)

Welcome to the boards !!!

Cheers guys :)

Yep Fables has 18 volumes of tpb so far. The only one I have in individual issues was supposedly vol 13 - the crossover saga - also have JAck of Fables tpb and the Cinderella one. I used to collect individual issues of Wonder Woman especially the George Perez ones but after a while I switched to tpb as well and gave my individuals to my friend who is more of a rabid comic collector than me. He has a walk-in closetful of comics. Mostly DC.

You also collect other figures? like MOTU/C and DCUC? there's threads in the forum on them toys too. I collect those figures as well. :)

Walk in closet of comics is awesome!

Other figures I collect are DCUC, DC Direct, Marvel Legends and Select, Star Wars, mostly Old Republic and Expanded Universe, a few Revoltechs and really wanting to get into Play Arts Kai and a few Figma's :D

liegeprime
8th May 2013, 11:11 AM
Nice!. Figmas are very good figures, really poseable but just pretty expensive. Ive only got one coz I thought this was rather a quirky choice to make a figure of - them Japs do have a different sense of whatever it is hehehe - it's a Billy Herrington figma btw, I guess he's big in Japan.

XMan
8th May 2013, 06:47 PM
LOL that is a random figma!

I'm hoping to get the Figma Avengers line, but am surprised there isn't a Black Widow or Hawkeye, disappointing.

MayzaPrime
8th May 2013, 08:14 PM
Hey Xman

Im also new to the Ozformers community and living in Canberra

Im trying to organise a meet and greet over beers some time in the next few months.

Let me know if you are keen

XMan
10th May 2013, 06:58 AM
Hi,

Definitely would be happy to come along, cheers for the invite :)

Kazza
11th May 2013, 06:17 PM
There's going to be a videogame released by Telltale Games, The Wolf Among US. "Based on the Vertigo Comic Books 'Fables' by Bill Willingham and Published by DC Entertainment."

https://ebgames.com.au/ps3-162459-The-Wolf-Among-Us-A-Telltale-Games-Series-PlayStation-3

XMan
12th May 2013, 08:13 AM
I do like Bill Willingham, but I don't know much about the above. I'll keep an out.

gekisou
12th May 2013, 08:40 PM
Hail to another Canberra-ite. Welcome to the forum, hope you survive the experience!

Hursticon
27th November 2013, 10:50 PM
WELL Overdue! :o

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/6.gif

Greetings and Welcome to OZformers! :D
Glad you've decided to join us. :cool: