PDA

View Full Version : Generations: Megs with TM Chop Shop, SScream with TM Waspinator

BigTransformerTrev
7th May 2013, 01:32 PM
Apparently there will be two new legion class Generations figures - Megatron & Starscream. So what, we've had tons of them already you say? Well....

Megatron looks like he did in 'Megatron Origins', complete with black and yellow stripes. And he comes with a targetmaster partner who is Chop Shop from the Deluxe Insecticons!

Starscream looks awesome, with a bulky body and an alt-mode like TFPrimes Dreadwing, and he comes with Waspinator as a targetmaster partner (a shout out to the BW episode one may guess).

Can be viewed here:

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/transformers-generations-legends-megatron-with-chopshop-and-starscream-with-waspinator-official-product-images/27238/

GoktimusPrime
7th May 2013, 01:55 PM
Sold! :D Can't wait for these dudes to show up here! :)

What a great idea to release more niche appeal character designs as small and cheap Legion Class figures too! They should make more of these -- Rung, Tappet etc.; bring 'em on!

Megatron
7th May 2013, 01:58 PM
Apparently there will be two new legion class Generations figures - Megatron & Starscream. So what, we've had tons of them already you say? Well....

:confused: Don't know what you're talking about! :D

Ooh they look awesome! Bring them on I say. :D:p

GoktimusPrime
7th May 2013, 02:31 PM
Oh yeah, and Starscream possessing Waspinator <------ I see whatchoo did thar Hasbro! NICE! :D

Paulbot
7th May 2013, 02:50 PM
I just want the Chop Shop.

Sky Shadow
7th May 2013, 04:16 PM
Wow. Megatron and Chop Shop are beautiful. Such an odd combination.

Starscream77
7th May 2013, 04:25 PM
Must have, starscreams alt mode looks awesome. And chop shop !! didnt see that one coming !!!

liegeprime
7th May 2013, 04:34 PM
Wow. Megatron and Chop Shop are beautiful. Such an odd combination.

Indeed. I wonder what the connection between the two characters? Screamer and Waspy I get. Hope they make more! I wonder who will they partner up if with Prime and (shudder) another Bumblebee.

Shirokaze
7th May 2013, 04:43 PM
I was sold when I read Waspinator! Happy to support Hasbro any time they give us more Beast Wars :D

BigTransformerTrev
7th May 2013, 05:03 PM
Indeed. I wonder what the connection between the two characters? Screamer and Waspy I get. Hope they make more! I wonder who will they partner up if with Prime and (shudder) another Bumblebee.

Already done, I think these are the Decepticon versions of the Optimus who comes with a TM Roller and Bumblebee who comes with a TM (can't remember - little helicopter dude who hung out with Hot Shot).

Since we NEVER see Deluxe Insecticons, as cool as ol' Waspy is and his connection to Starscream, might have been good to team up Scream with the likes of Venom

Omega Metro
7th May 2013, 05:11 PM
Megs and SS look great. The other 2 are passable.....very passable.

llamatron
7th May 2013, 05:25 PM
Already done, I think these are the Decepticon versions of the Optimus who comes with a TM Roller and Bumblebee who comes with a TM (can't remember - little helicopter dude who hung out with Hot Shot).

Since we NEVER see Deluxe Insecticons, as cool as ol' Waspy is and his connection to Starscream, might have been good to team up Scream with the likes of Venom

Bumblebee's partner is actually based off his Actionmaster partner... /turbonerd.

SMHFConvoy
7th May 2013, 05:48 PM
Mmm...

I'm glad Hasbro's doing this but the TM partners don't look too, "gunny." :T

Bidoofdude
7th May 2013, 05:51 PM
Starscream looks phenomenal. :eek::cool:
Megatron is "meh" for me... :p:(

Lint
7th May 2013, 06:27 PM
These are pretty neat. Hope they hit our shelves!

Lord_Zed
7th May 2013, 06:42 PM
Interesting I like the homage to Megatron origins, and Starscreams original IDW appearance, but I'm not really a fan of legends toys.

Still I agree with Gok more toys based on niche comic character appearances would be cool.

Tallestblue
7th May 2013, 07:58 PM
Oh yes. Yes please. So much win in such a tiny package.

BigTransformerTrev
7th May 2013, 08:33 PM
Bumblebee's partner is actually based off his Actionmaster partner... /turbonerd.

You sure? The helicopters name is 'Blazemaster' and there was G1 MM Autobot Helicopter with pretty much the same colouring called 'Blaze Master' - I think we are both wrong and it is meant to be that guy

Deonasis
7th May 2013, 08:47 PM
These both look super sweet. As others have eluded too - you can't just make 1 insecticon, please make the lot once you start! This happens far too often Hasbro! :P

liegeprime
7th May 2013, 09:24 PM

Oh I see. Roller is ok, but Blazemaster hmmm, I guess they're basing it from the fact that AM bee has this turbochopper backpack, but since they needed it to be another figure as well they instead made it into Blazemaster ( prolly not to lose the rights to the name too - speculating only here)

You sure? The helicopters name is 'Blazemaster' and there was G1 MM Autobot Helicopter with pretty much the same colouring called 'Blaze Master' - I think we are both wrong and it is meant to be that guy

You know I was thinking as well it could be a pun reference to Hotshot too, since Hotshot in Armada was this yellow car - who basically was Armadas Bbee - who has a helicopter minicon partner - kinda blending hotshot and bbee with this Legends TM figure
again just my speculation hehehe

llamatron
7th May 2013, 10:20 PM
It could be a three-way homage... so we're all right and all wrong. GO US!

Ultra Mackness
8th May 2013, 05:47 AM
Wow, these guys look awesome! I'm usually in the group of fans that say "what, Megatron isn't a P-38!? Then it's not Megatron..." but this guy lloks like the kind of bot that would be leading a planet wide revolution. Starscream looks just a touch beefier than other incarnations and sleeker in jet mode, again a good thing. I felt a wave of nostalgia when I saw Chop shop as well, there's just something about him that screams 80s to me. These guys are bought!

1AZRAEL1
8th May 2013, 08:25 AM
Both bought purely for chop shop and waspy.

BigTransformerTrev
8th May 2013, 08:37 AM

+1 :D

Golden Phoenix
8th May 2013, 12:01 PM
I am loving the IDW design references.

Starscream design looks like it is based on the Infultration series design. I think it is awesome.

Plus pairing Starscream and Waspinator is pure win.

Lord_Zed
8th May 2013, 07:33 PM

Or just an excuse to do the same thing and pack cars with copters again. :p

griffin
8th May 2013, 08:20 PM
If Hasbro doesn't do a Hotshot and Jolt redeco, you know what we'll get next year at BotCon or the Subscription Scheme... complete with a jar of green jam. :rolleyes:

Blairimus2563
8th May 2013, 08:45 PM
Are we getting these here as along with Optimus and Bumblebee?

These are going to look great with Metroplex if we get them here

Sinnertwin
8th May 2013, 08:58 PM
Are we getting these here as along with Optimus and Bumblebee?

Listed as not coming to AU as per Hasbro's response to Griffin on page 1. (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=15909)

liegeprime
8th May 2013, 10:40 PM
Oh well, there's always bbts and other online stores... when are these going to be released anyways?

Mythirax
9th May 2013, 03:45 PM
I love any transformer they make that has a transforming gun or head. Damn, can't wait to get my hands on these guys!

Sinnertwin
9th May 2013, 04:00 PM
Oh well, there's always bbts and other online stores... when are these going to be released anyways?

Exactly. Currently scheduled for a July release

SuspectimusPrime
12th May 2013, 11:50 PM
Love the Megatron Origins design, just wished it was Deluxe sized! Starscream in Deluxe could have paved the way as a replacement for the overused Classics Seeker mould, and introduce IDW Seekers like Sunstorm. But since Optimus, Bumblebee and Megatron are all released in Deluxe size, maybe we've got a chance at Deluxe Starscream in Wave 2 or beyond.

Chop Shop and Waspinator look better than Roller and Blazemaster, but I still feel these blocky new triple changing Targetmasters are a step back from Classics Nightstick.

PS: Also, the irony of being a step back from Nightstick is that with their legs being one solid piece of plastic, they probably won't be taking many steps anywhere! :p

Hursticon
30th May 2013, 12:02 AM
Okay...

Megs is boring has hell, but Chop Shop as his Targetmaster companion is both left-field & entirely awesome at the same time! :eek::confused::D
It's a surprisingly accurate little bug they've made, I'm amazed at how nigh-spot on to the original G1 figure's Beast mode it is and his Bot mode is pretty close too. :)

Starscream & Waspinator, however, I'm in 2 minds with...

On the one hand I think it is ludicrously AWESOME how referential and niche their pairing is, clearly someone on this line's design team is either cluey, has a long memory or both! :eek::D
Starscream is a little... Prime-y in his proportions, if you know what I mean, but both Bot & Alt modes look nominal as far as Seekers go anyway; The bloody STAR of this whole thing is Waspinator though!, there are so many parts I can see that look like they're directly ripped from the original toy it's AMAZING! :eek::D

Waspinator's Beast mode Head, his Bot mode legs & forearms!?! - This little effigy is amazing and I simply HAVE to won this, as it also looks like you'll be able to plug Waspy on Starscream's back allowing one to perform a reverse "Possession" like Primal in Gorilla Warfare (http://youtu.be/2prvx-01-1M?t=34s). :D:D:D

The other side of the coin on this that annoys me quite heavily, actually, is that thus far this is the only recognition that we've seen of the Transformers 30th Anniversary schema that has referenced Beast wars at all; It shits me that seemingly the best they could muster was a tiny Targetmaster-based nod, I just hope that Beast Wars, R.I.D., The Unicron Trilogy & Animated get equal or close-to the acknowledgement that G1 is (As always) blatantly getting. :cool:

Sinnertwin
11th June 2013, 10:25 PM
Care of RK, we have in pack images of in stock Generations Legends SS with Waspinator and Megatron with Chop Shop. Bio's and images can be seen here (http://www.robotkingdom.com/services/eshop/main.php?action=details&CatType=Category&II=TF2013LEG004-1&lang=us&CatID=100)
Total with shipping is $44.22 USD or $49 AUD

i_amtrunks
11th June 2013, 10:37 PM
Sheesh, I know that they are essentially two legends figures packed in together but $50 for 4 legends figures is way too much. Maybe if the figures looked like their mock ups, perhaps but not as they currently look.

Too bad that these figures will never reach our shores, I'd love that Screamer and Waspinator for about $15 total.

Hursticon
13th June 2013, 12:37 AM
Sheesh, I know that they are essentially two legends figures packed in together but $50 for 4 legends figures is way too much. Maybe if the figures looked like their mock ups, perhaps but not as they currently look.

Too bad that these figures will never reach our shores, I'd love that Screamer and Waspinator for about $15 total.

What you've expressed Trunks is the very reason why I pulled back from hitting the final 'Confirm' button; Nigh $50 is so far removed from what I'd be willing to pay for the set (And I only really wanted Screamer & Waspy ;)) that I just couldn't go ahead with the purchase - I think Amazon might be the best "Wait & See" destination we'll have until RobotKingdom decides to drop their prices. :(

Ode to a Grasshopper
13th June 2013, 08:37 AM
That Megatron would make a pretty decent Impactor with a different head and weapon.For the partner you could recolour Bumblebee's minicon and call it Whirl.

griffin
13th June 2013, 01:31 PM
Out of packaging images of the pair (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/inhand-images-generations-legends-megatron-chop-shop-and-starscream-waspinator/27532/).

Sinnertwin
18th June 2013, 10:53 PM
Peaugh's review (http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=XUKvZSdQzkY&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DXUKvZSdQzkY) of Starscream and Waspinator

Ultra Mackness
19th June 2013, 05:16 AM

I couldn't agree more. Jumped on RK last night looking to pick these up (I think the molds are great) but while I could (only just!) justify around $40 for the two, once the actual price gets up around $50AU, I just couldn't pull the trigger. Maybe if the Aus Dollar gets back up to parity.