PDA

View Full Version : Buying from mrtoys.com

Bowser The Second
7th May 2013, 03:12 PM
I want to buy a Human Alliance Basic Drag Strip from the Mr Toys Toyworld website, but the listing says that the figures are randomly assorted. Does that mean If I order from them, they will send me a HA Basic figure chosen at random, and would it be worthwhile if so?

Here's the listing: http://www.mrtoys.com.au/?Action-Figures-and-Collectable-Toys/Transformers-Toys/Transformers-Dark-Of-The-Moon-Human-Alliance-Figure-Asst;Item;10430

UltraMarginal
7th May 2013, 03:57 PM
I would suggest that you cannot guarantee which you will recieve.

UltraMarginal
7th May 2013, 03:58 PM
I'd also look at some reviews for those figures before buying them unless you are completing a set/collection.

Bowser The Second
7th May 2013, 04:07 PM
Then I guess I'l just get the figure off of eBay.

Sinnertwin
7th May 2013, 06:50 PM
Have you asked them if they're able to select that particular one for you? I know it says random but it wouldn't hurt.

Bowser The Second
7th May 2013, 07:09 PM
Okay I just discovered you can make special orders on their website, but first you have to send an inquiry, which I've just done now.

Bowser The Second
8th May 2013, 11:23 AM
Just heard back from them. They said that they can't sell specifics from random assortments. Oh well, guess it's back to good ol' eBay for me.

UltraMarginal
8th May 2013, 11:53 AM
bummer, sale missed out on by them.

Sinnertwin
8th May 2013, 12:16 PM
Because it's so hard to look at a name when you pull it out of a box.

Bowser The Second
8th May 2013, 12:26 PM
Well their exact words were:

"Thanks for your enquiry with Mr Toys Toyworld. Unfortunately we are unable
to sell specifics as when we receive a shipment from the supplier the
assortment changes so we are unable to determine what ones in the assortment
we have currently got in stock."

So yeah, having a look at the names in the box really is too hard for them.

Sinnertwin
8th May 2013, 01:11 PM
Shame, i wanted a Dragstrip & Dualor figure. i picked the other 3 Mini-cons up from their Morayfield store, looks like its elsewhere for me also.