PDA

View Full Version : Grapple's Hook

Ravagecat
14th May 2013, 04:49 PM
I upgraded my G1 Grapple a few weeks ago and noticed a difference in the hooks at the end of the crane arm from my original Grapple compared to my newly acquired one. (see pic)

http://i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p498/ravagecat/20130505_215310_zps76b77dfa.jpg (http://s1152.photobucket.com/user/ravagecat/media/20130505_215310_zps76b77dfa.jpg.html)

So the one on the right (newly acquired) is in question as I have never seen another grapple with this type of hook before. A quick Google search for G1 Grapple images only seems to bare results for the one on the left.

At first I thought maybe I have purchased a knock off, but now I'm doubting that after checking Fred's Workshop (who doesn't show this hook as a variant BTW) but mentions other ways to confirm if you have an original, classic, re-issue. KO etc.

I'm pretty sure it is legit as:
- it was purchased from a reputable dealer and sold as G1 vintage
- has a lot of the tell tale signs of being G1 Vintage...stamping, front grill molding, springs in arms etc (going by Fred's Workshop)

My question is this...does any one else out there have a grapple with the hook type on the right? I need to satisfy my curiosity...

Thanks guys :cool:

Ravagecat
5th July 2013, 12:59 PM
Has anyone on this board had a chance to take a look at their G1 Grapple? Would really love some feedback. Let me know if you have a grapple with the type of hook on the right (see pic) and if so a little bit of history about where you got it. Country, local or online, sealed or opened etc.

iamirondude
5th July 2013, 01:23 PM
mine's like the 1 on the left with the 2 circle thingies but u flip it around and it's like the 1 on the right.

Ravagecat
6th July 2013, 12:37 PM
mine's like the 1 on the left with the 2 circle thingies but u flip it around and it's like the 1 on the right.

Thanks for taking a look...how about the actual part that they would attach a cable to in real life? If you look closely the one on the left the hook part is circular and the one on the right is more oblong shape.

iamirondude
6th July 2013, 04:38 PM
mine's the rounded 1.i don't think i've ever seen a oblong 1 like you have there cause when you see it, it actually does stick out.